Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Southern California Open, Carlsbad
PostPosted: 27. July 2013 17:38 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 05:59
Dates: July 29 - August 4, 2013 image
Venue: Carlsbad, USA
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $795,707
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Alastair Garland

Official Website: www.southerncaliforniaopen13

Last Appearance: 2012 1st round. Lost to Usrszula Radwanska 6-4 7-5

Singles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova bt Tamira Paszek (AUT) 6-0 6-0
2R: [2] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-3 6-3

Doubles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova/Martina Hingis bt Julia Goerges/Darija Jurak 6-1 6-1
2R: [3] Racquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears bt Daniela Hantuchova/Martina Hingis 4-6 7-5 10-3

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Southern California Open, Carlsbad
PostPosted: 27. July 2013 17:40 

Local Time:
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA OPEN PLAYERS

Carlsbad, California
July 29 - August 4, 2013

Victoria Azarenka 3 BLR
Agnieszka Radwanska 4 POL
Petra Kvitova 7 CZE
Roberta Vinci 11 ITA
(WC) Samantha Stosur 13 AUS
Flavia Pennetta 14* (Special Ranking) ITA
Jelena Jankovic 16 SRB
Ana Ivanovic 17 SRB
Carla Suárez Navarro 19 ESP
Dominika Cibulkova 25 SVK
Svetlana Kuznetsova 27 RUS
Laura Robson 31 GBR
Varvara Lepchenko 40 USA
Urszula Radwanska 42 POL
Julia Goerges 43 GER
Daniela Hantuchova 46 SVK
Monica Puig 49 PUR
Ayumi Morita 51 JPN
Bethanie Mattek-Sands 54 USA
Francesca Schiavone 59 ITA
Mallory Burdette 76 USA
Tamira Paszek 114 AUT
(WC) Virginie Razzano 129 FRA
(WC) Allie Kiick 294 USA
Women's ranks as of July 22, 2013

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. July 2013 22:18 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:59
Hey everyone.

Daniela opens up against Paszek, the winner of that plays Aga Radwanska.

Alex - hope you have a great time and Daniela can win some matches!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. July 2013 16:07 

Local Time:
Paszek's a pretty decent opener as she's been terrible this year. However, she's beaten Daniela in both their previous matches and she's someone that's capable of finding form out of nowhere like Eastbourne and Wimbledon last year so she has to be respected.

Agnieszka Radwanska will be tough in the second round although we don't know what she's going to be like after her run in Stanford and Daniela has to get past the first round.

I wonder who Daniela will be playing doubles with here.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. July 2013 17:32 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:59
It's Hingis for doubles right?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. July 2013 00:54 

Local Time:
Daniela & Hingis start with Goerges & Jurak. If they win that then they'd play Robson/Raymond or Spears/Kops-Jones so it's a tough draw.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 29. July 2013 01:09 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 00:59
Well, that gives me another reason to go to Dani's match with Paszek instead of the doubles. As we know, if Georges is in the same hemisphere, much less the same court, Daniela goes down. Then again, maybe I can put the Italian curse on Julia and change that around! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. July 2013 02:12 

Local Time:
Live from La Mesa, California...Tomorrow's schedule is out. Daniela faces Paszek on the main court in a nighttime match, no earlier than 7:00 PM here, with 4 matches preceding it. Look for me! Dani owes Paszek one from last year. Of course that was also true last week with U. Radwanska, but I'll be rooting for a different outcome this time!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. July 2013 16:25 

Local Time:
How has the tennis been, Alex?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 30. July 2013 23:00 

Local Time:
Haven't seen a ball hit yet, Chungwit. My wife and me are out here for a number of reasons, and there's a large outdoor mall up the street from the place we are staying, fill in the blank. Oddly, because we did not rent a vehicle and public transportation was not well timed, we made a snap decision to stay tonight and tomorrow at the resort where the tourney takes place. It's also where the players stay. Just how life always works: In a lobby a Slovakian tennis star whose first name begins with D walked by me and sent me a little smile. It was…Dominika, of course. Still hopeful for a meeting (just isn't time to hang around practice courts), and I will be rooting my brains out for Dani!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2013 05:03 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 23:59
While everyone was sleeping, Daniela just double-bageled Paszek 6-0, 6-0. No live scoring as I turned it on up 4-0 and didn't want to jinx it.

These are only the third and fourth sets this year Daniela's won 6-0. And incredibly, that's the first time Daniela's ever double bageled another player. And it came in her 506th career win and 839th career match.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2013 07:08 

Local Time:
pmr44, I had researched that a few months ago, and indeed this is Daniela's first double bagel, either for or against her.
So guys, I went to see Daniela and history broke out! One of you had said it would be nice if I brought her luck, and I have been wishing for months that she'd just crush someone like a grape. She just chose to wait until I could happen along to see it for myself! :D You would have loved it. Not only was it fun to watch, but it was highly encouraging. From her second service game on, 1st serves were consistently 100 mph plus, reaching as high as 106. She quickly saw what she was facing and showed no mercy (with the exception of 3 ghoulish drop shots, though she closed the first set with an exquisite one). Toward the end, it really did look like she wanted the double bagel (I had great seats and could see her reactions). Now it has to be said that 2-16 Paszek was abysmal. She made 7 double faults, 6 in the first set, 5 in her first two service games. Her speeds were high 70's and low 80's, and two of her first serves failed to even reach the net! At times it looked like a glorified practice. Several times she'd creampuff a serve and Dani would simply pick a corner and rip a winner. It took all of 47 minutes.
Now for the better part. With a very small crowd on hand, Stormy and I were able to scout the place. She rides a motorized scooter due to a very bad back, and when it became obvious what was going to happen, she scooted to the area players enter and exit. I joined her after match point. There was an on court interview, and most autograph seekers were accommodated by Dani at side court. She then walked up the bleachers and was greeted by Martina Hingis. Then she headed our way. No picture this time, but we got a signature, and way better, a brief conversation! Which ended with a smile from Daniela as she thanked us for coming. Please, don't anyone throw a bucket of cold water in my face and awaken me!!! It is no contest who the happiest guy in America this night! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2013 11:41 

Local Time:
WOOOF! Daniela gave a potentially dangerous player that had beaten her in their previous meetings a complete beasting. Admittedly, Paszek's form has totally disintegrated this year but she found form out of nowhere when she beat Daniela in Eastbourne last year and she is capable of playing good tennis. Daniela got the job done with the minimum of fuss and to get her first ever double bagel is a nice bonus. For Daniela to completely thrash someone she'd never beaten is always good, it gives her confidence and momentum.

Now for the better part. With a very small crowd on hand, Stormy and I were able to scout the place. She rides a motorized scooter due to a very bad back, and when it became obvious what was going to happen, she scooted to the area players enter and exit. I joined her after match point. There was an on court interview, and most autograph seekers were accommodated by Dani at side court. She then walked up the bleachers and was greeted by Martina Hingis. Then she headed our way. No picture this time, but we got a signature, and way better, a brief conversation! Which ended with a smile from Daniela as she thanked us for coming. Please, don't anyone throw a bucket of cold water in my face and awaken me!!! It is no contest who the happiest guy in America this night! :P

That's fantastic, Alex, it shows the sort of person Daniela is and why we're all fans. It must have been wonderful.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. July 2013 11:46 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is the first match of the evening session starting at 7pm.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. July 2013 12:54 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 04:59
Great report Alex, I'm glad that she got her 1st DB, and even more glad that you could see it! :)

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next