Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: The Championships, Wimbledon
PostPosted: 21. June 2013 17:19 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:03
Well it just shows that Hampton beating Daniela was no fluke. Now into the final of Eastbourne this year.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2013 18:00 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:03
Look what the perspective of time does. Both Hampton and Halep have proven to be up-and-coming players who probably gained confidence by beating someone as accomplished as Daniela, so those losses make a lot more sense now. It makes her win last week, especially over Vekic, who many say is the next big thing in the sport and who many picked to beat her on Sunday, all the better. So whenever Dani takes a seemingly inexplicable loss, I need to keep in mind my own Spice Girls motto...Never give up on the good times! May we see some next week!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2013 18:56 

Local Time:
I've always found Hampton to be very impressive-nice serve,good variety with an effective skidding slice BH when she needs it,and she isn't afraid of the net either. I wonder what odds you would have got on a Hampton/Vesnina final! :)

Quite where Halep has found this form from is another matter. always had her pegged as nothing more than a solid counter puncher,whose best surface would be clay.

And not to be a downer,but Klara has just reached the doubles final in Eastbourne,so I wouldn't underestimate her form.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2013 22:19 

Local Time:
The odds on Hampton-Vesnina....mmmm....maybe about the same as Vekic-Daniela!? :D

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2013 02:15 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:03
It's about as good of a draw as can be expected with the goal of winning two matches. Of course, there were many easier first round players, but drawing one would have meant a seed and almost certainly one better than Klara in round two.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2013 07:42 

Local Time:
Yes I think it's good Daniela got a seed in round 1. The lowest seed too. Daniela's got to bring her A game from the first point, it's as simple as that.

Nice to see Vesnina win the whole in Eastbourne, one of my favs.

Halep's starting to piss me off. Two titles back to back on different surfaces...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2013 17:32 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:03
Up the gentle hill toward the Aorangi practice courts, two statuesque players were trading blows on Court 17. You had to look twice to be sure it was the 2004 Wimbledon champion and recent French Open finalist -- because Maria Sharapova was actually practicing gruntless against Daniela Hantuchova, as quiet as a mouse in church. Really.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2013 03:23 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:03
Ken Massey is a US-based sport statistical analyst who provides strictly objective rankings for a variety of sports. He's best known for his college football (US football, of course) rankings which play a role in determining who plays for the championship in that sport. Anyway, recently he's developed rankings for tennis and has come up with a simulation of Wimbledon based on those rankings.

Most notably, Serena is an overwhelming favorite -around 1-2, and most of the remaining chances to win are covered by Azarenka and Sharapova. All in all, Massey projects there's a greater than 97% chance that one of those players wins the tournament. Remember when there was that period where the last six Grand Slams were won by six different women? Seems like an eternity ago - now that Serena, Masha and Vika have become like Nadal, Djokovic & Federer.

On the Daniela front, I was pleasantly surprised to see Daniela given a 56% chance to get to round 3 and a 5% chance to reach the quarters. Massey's rankings have Daniela ranked higher than the WTAs (she's at #37 here), and as we have discussed here, she has a really good draw.

And to be an optimist, Daniela has the 16th best chance to win the tournament :) , albeit at 5,000 to 1.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2013 11:52 

Local Time:
Seems a load of bull to me..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. June 2013 21:03 

Local Time:
Hantuchova loves the grass and enjoying the strawberries
das | 23.06.2013 10:00
It's been fourteen years, what Daniela Hantuchova first starred in the famous Wimbledon. She had only eighteen when the Leos Friedl enjoyed the title in mixed doubles, and a year later advanced to finals singles. Knocked her up later champion Serena Williams. Since then returned to Wimbledon year after year, or one year nevymeškala from season 2000. London grass grown very fond of her.

"They are good memories, but that I do not want to live. I believe that the grass will have to show that even after years. Winning the tournament in Birmingham I am very encouraged. It is good that I belong to the generation of tennis, which still has a lot to offer," Hantuchova said to triumph over the pre-tournament.

After less slick clay court season and the decline in the ranking of the 30-year-old experienced tennis player did taste the grass right at the first event. In Birmingham triumphed in the final generations of Croatians Donna Vekičovou who is 14 years younger. And it still had ankle problems.

"I appreciate that I have exceeded the Finals after grueling physical sense. And that's saying something," she laughed into the phone.

Hantuchova in the past often stressed that loves tennis but grass loves the game and especially in England. Why?

"I play tennis, which is effective on a fast grass. Wimbledon Britons and I am delighted. All those traditions, nice people, nice atmosphere. Looking forward to the traditional strawberries and enjoy the rain breaks. Hopefully, that will break in play as little as possible," said Hantuchova before her fourteenth Wimbledon's start.

She added that it also has fond memories of the past year, when the London grass in addition to the All England Club Wimbledon played the Olympic tournament. "I beat the Chinese woman Li and enjoyed every minute there. Was in fact a lot of emotion."

Also, due to injuries Hantuchova she was recently up to 60 ranked tennis rankings. Outside the best Štyridsiatku former world number five fell the first time in 9 years. After the triumph at Birmingham is currently forty-eighth and wants to continue to rise. If you will be healthy.

"I would like to once again become the world's best female player scores. Know that it must be hard workout, but I am ready to undergo. In the near future I am not advocating a lot of points from tournaments, so you can change for the better," she said in an interview to SkySports.
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2013 04:06 

Local Time:
In re pmrd44 and the American stat guru, as a numbers guy I take a couple of good things out of his analysis. (Don't just write him off, guys. Remember that Dani's trainer is American. That's not going too badly, hmmm?) Mostly that he ranks Daniela 11 spots higher than the WTA. Even when she was at her low point of #76, we all knew that she was better than 40-50 of the people ranked ahead of her. Now, at #48, she's still better than 15-25 of those ahead of her, and this fellow's analysis concurs. I like the 56% chance of getting to the 3rd round, but that won't make me any less nervous when she's battling Klara on Tuesday. Now, as for the 5,000-1 odds of winning....I wonder what the line will be on Halep's 1st round match. I don't gamble (and thank the Good Lord that I don't), but I am here to tell anyone who does that Ms. 2 straight tourney wins is going down immediately! Don't ask me why, it's one of those gut feelings.

Errani haters of the world rejoice! She's the 1st seed out.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2013 18:27 

Local Time:
No matter what happens, Daniela's done at least as well as Rafael Nadal.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2013 18:46 

Local Time:
Daniela plays last match (4th match) on court 4 tomorrow. Horrible schedule horrible court and a horrible time of day. Wimbledon really piss me off

There might not even be a stream..was there a stream for Wickmayer's match today as she was on court 4?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2013 19:07 

Local Time:
It's not great scheduling as Daniela will be waiting around all day and you just know that the men's matches will be long five setters. I thought that Daniela was a sufficiently big star that she'd get a better court playing a seed. She just has to get on with it and keep her focus. Daniela dealt with lots of rain delays at Birmingham and she'll have confidence and momentum going in.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2013 20:04 

Local Time:
Yeah, Daniela put of lot of the old bugaboos in the trash can 2 weeks ago. I wondered why that stuff plagued her for so long, since she's been through just about everything in her career. I'd prefer to think that no matter when the match starts, she'll give her best and whoever is better will win. I can't recall...is Wimbledon as cheap as New York and only have the electric eyes on the feature courts?

Only one men's match went to 5 sets today. If you don't grasp what that means for what happens tomorrow on Court 4, you don't understand life! And if you do, well, yoooooooouuuu just might be a Daniela fan! :o

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 24. June 2013 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next