Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: WTA Tour 2013 Season
PostPosted: 29. December 2012 19:49 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:12
Starts in Brisbane, Auckland and Shenzhen.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: WTA Tour 2013 Season
PostPosted: 27. February 2013 01:08 

Local Time:
Diego Maradona likes Caroline Wozniacki

Bethanie Mattek-Sands & Sania Mirza not so much

Diego's channeling Bill Murray style lugubriousness there.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. July 2013 20:58 

Local Time:
Ivanovic has given Sears the heave-ho. I hope he ends up starving in a gutter someplace next to Pistolesi and they have to fight each other and the rats for scraps of food. Even better would be to see them coach players I really don't like.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. July 2013 18:34 

Local Time:
Another one of Daniela's old coaches is out of a job - Shazza's sacked Hogstedt.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. July 2013 00:04 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:12
Ivanovic has given Sears the heave-ho. I hope he ends up starving in a gutter someplace next to Pistolesi and they have to fight each other and the rats for scraps of food. Even better would be to see them coach players I really don't like.

He could coach Kirilenko again. They deserve each other.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. July 2013 17:52 

Local Time:
Shazza's got Jimmy Connors as her new coach. I'm wondering what sort of outbursts she'll come out with as Jimbo was the master of outbursts and gamesmanship.

Tennis - Is Elena Dementieva the new coach of Eugenie Bouchard??
Tennis - 19 year old Bouchard is a rising Canadian teenager ranked no. 56 in the world

Tennis - Russian tennis star Elena Dementieva could be headed back to the tennis tour, not as a player but as a coach. The well-liked and pretty Russian is said to be considering a coaching role with rising Canadian teenager Eugenie Bouchard,

Bouchard is currently ranked at a career-best no,56 in the world and beat former world no, 1 Ana Ivanovic to reach the third round of the recently concluded Wimbledon Campionships. She won the Wimbledon junior singles title last year.She has been working part-time with former Wimbledon runner-up Nathalie Tauziat of France for a while now.

Dementieva won the singles gold medal at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing,and won 16 WTA singles titles in her career. She reached the finals of the 2004 French Open and 2004 US Open and reached seven other Grand Slam semi finals. She retired in 2010.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. July 2013 12:14 

Local Time:
Well Hogstedt found Wozniacki. Interesting IMO. He did a good job with Maria, and to be honest, he can't make Caroline any worse. If she allows proper coaching and no daddy, I can see this as a very positive move for her.

I hadn't heard the rumor about Dementieva being a coach. Should be interesting to see if she is a good one. Genie should probably find another one for the serving :D

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. July 2013 03:34 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:12
I'm amused/bemused by how Aga is getting crushed by the media for her ESPN Magazine pics when Daniela was basically left alone last year. Anyone have a theory on this?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. August 2013 16:14 

Local Time:
MARION BARTOLI ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT
Marion Bartoli, who just weeks ago fulfilled her lifelong dream of winning Wimbledon, announced her immediate retirement from professional tennis at the Western & Southern Open on Wednesday.
Published August 14, 2013 12:05

CINCINNATI, OH, USA - Once it was over it seemed like just a big upset - Marion Bartoli falling to Simona Halep in the second round of the Western & Southern Open on Wednesday, 36 64 61. But it went much deeper than that later in the day as the Frenchwoman, who just weeks ago fulfilled her lifelong dream of winning Wimbledon, announced her immediate retirement from professional tennis.

"That was actually the last match of my career. Sorry," Bartoli said in her press conference after the match. "It's time for me to retire and call it a career. I feel it's time for me to walk away actually."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. August 2013 17:36 

Local Time:
Shazza's got Jimmy Connors as her new coach. I'm wondering what sort of outbursts she'll come out with as Jimbo was the master of outbursts and gamesmanship.

One match and it's over. Shazza & Jimbo are through.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. August 2013 00:06 

Local Time:
Maria Sharapova To Change Name To Maria Sugarpova
SEAN NEWELL Yesterday 11:10pm

According to several reports, Maria Sharapova has apparently been cast as the next femme fatale in the wildly popular James Bond franchise and will change her name to Maria Sugarpova. The name change will be for a two-week period coinciding with the U.S. Open, presumably as a publicity stunt for the film and [is handed note off-screen]—wait what? It's for a line of candy she owns? She's changing her name to hawk lollipops at the U.S. Open?

Personally, I like the Bond idea better.

Maria Sharapova Will Remain Maria Sharapova
JOHN KOBLIN 8/20/13 12:43pm

So, this stupid controversy—manufactured to create some buzz for her candy-line—is now over: Maria Sharapova is not changing her name for the U.S. Open. Her agent Max Eisenbud confirmed to ESPN that it just wouldn't be feasible. I'm sure all of this only dawned on them in the last couple of hours:

"Maria has pushed her team to do fun, out-of-the-box-type things to get the word out about Sugarpova," Eisenbud said. "In Miami, we're going to fill a glass truck full of candy and drive it around town. This was an idea that fell along those lines. But, at the end of the day, we would have to change all her identification, she has to travel to Japan and China right after the tournament and it was going to be very difficult."

In order to change her name, Sharapova — who is a Russian citizen but has a green card and resides in Florida — would have had to file a name change petition in the state, submit fingerprints, have a background check and have a hearing before a judge. If the judge signed an order, the name change would be official.
[ESPN]

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. September 2013 22:54 

Local Time:
Belarus: I taught champ tennis, says president
13 September 2013 Last updated at 11:11

Alexander Lukashenko, the president of Belarus, has claimed that he personally put the country's tennis star, Victoria Azarenka, on the road to glory.

Speaking on a visit to a tennis centre in Minsk, the president recalled how the then eight-year-old Azarenka watched him practise his shots when they trained on the same court. According to Belarusian television, the future Grand Slam winner was very fond of him as a player, and nagged her coach to "show me the president play tennis". Sporting a tracksuit in the colours of the national flag, Lukashenko said: "Azarenka and I started playing tennis together... She was this little. But she learnt to play."

Lukashenko is no stranger to unusual public announcements. In July, he responded to photographs of a combat gear-clad Vladimir Putin holding a 46-pound pike by saying the he had recently caught a catfish weighing 126 pounds from a river in the south of the country. Unfortunately for Mr Lukashenko, there was no photographic evidence to back up his fisherman's tale.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 22. November 2013 11:21 

Local Time:
Really pissed off that Sharapova has bagged Sven Groeneveld has her new coach.

Groeneveld was my no.1 choice of coach for Daniela for this year to have on a more permanent basis. He obviously has decided to screw the adidas training programme for Sharapova..

Hope Daniela finds a coach soon...there aren't many left!!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. November 2013 13:46 

Local Time:
Really pissed off that Sharapova has bagged Sven Groeneveld has her new coach.

Groeneveld was my no.1 choice of coach for Daniela for this year to have on a more permanent basis. He obviously has decided to screw the adidas training programme for Sharapova..

Hope Daniela finds a coach soon...there aren't many left!!

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Has to be one of the biggest "fuck you" I've ever seen a coach perform. Would love to know the inside story of why Adidas released him from his contract,as he did a good job with Daniela and Ana at the Us Open. The way the British press was talking,it seemed that him and Laura Robson were a done deal-obviously not!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. November 2013 17:40 

Local Time:
Robson's new coach is Nick Saviano, her coach from her junior days..

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : WTA Tour

Go to page 1, 2  Next