Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: AEGON Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 14. June 2012 00:19 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:59
What a depressing day. Not only did Daniela lose but Murray, Roddick and Hewitt all bombed out of their opening matches in Queens. The only positive thing about the Daniela match today was that got in the position of serving for each set...shame she couldn't have pushed it into a 3rd set, where they'd have resumed on Thursday.

I saw a video of court 4 from Baltacha Watson match and the court looks like it's in a terrible state. Daniela's right you can't really call it a grass court, it's like a brown dirt court.

I'm over this tournament already, onto Eastbourne.

Unfortunately Daniela's Wimbledon draw is going to suck. The potential 3rd round is either going to be:

Sharapova, Azarenka, Serena, Radwanska, Kvitova, Stosur, Wozniacki or Kerber.

To be frank, I can't see Daniela winning against any of them.

And that's not even including the chance that she could face Clijsters or Venus in round one or two... :?

Apart from last year the grass court season is always a huge disappointment for me:(

I'm utterly depressed, sorry guys... :doh: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. June 2012 02:09 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:59
:( :(

"Thank goodness I decided to get a cheap ticket and go after work!
She didn't play that bad you know. I would compare it to the Halep match from Doha this year. She had the winning formula but just couldn't get past the last hurdle. Not even a choke she was still playing decent but Czink started hitting the ball a bit harder and consistently.
She wasn't hitting a ton of errors and her foot seemed fine The state of the court was appalling and moving her to court 4 was a joke. Hope her and Lisicki can have more success in doubles and I think Dani could get some wins next week with a decent draw.
Czink did nothing special except stay solid."

Thanks to "leebeasy" from Tennisforum for this report.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 14. June 2012 15:28 

Local Time:
so doubles now...

Kops-Jones/Spears starts to serve
1st set
0-1. Daniela&Sabine had 2 BP's but didn't take it
0-2. save 2 BPs to deuce(Lisicki ace#1) but got broken
0-3. Kops-Jones/Spears hold to 0
0-4. Daniela saves a BP but broken...
0-5. Kops-Jones/Spears hold to 15
0-6. Lisicki(df#1) broken to 30

2nd set
0-1. Spears holds to 15
1-1. Lisicki holds to 30
2-1. Kops-Jones got broken to 30
2-2. Daniela saves 1 BP to deuce but got broken.....
2-3. Spears holds to 30
3-3. df#2, Lisicki holds with the 2nd GP
3-4. Kops-Jones holds to 30
3-5. Daniela got broken to 30
3-6. Spears holds to 15

mhh that was birmingham... :(

Last edited by Patti1989 on 14. June 2012 16:12, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2012 15:36 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:59
Oh dear, getting slaughtered in the doubles.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2012 18:29 

Local Time:
Czink got thrashed by Hhsieh which is not encouraging...Birmingham sucked this year...last year was a highlight as we saw Daniela play 2 matches on eurosport and beat Ivanovic...:( Will just have to see what Eastbourne will bring and hope for the best.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2012 19:26 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:59
Daniela has not come close to winning a doubles match since I saw her in Miami :!: You guys can decide if that's grounds for being evicted from the Forum!
Multiple choice...which cliche most fits Dani's return?
1. Everything old is new again: Czink plays like Suzanne Lenglen yesterday, and naturally gets her clock cleaned today. :?
2. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Maybe it's not a good idea to play doubles with the person that whipped you in the final last year. :roll:
3. It's always darkest before the dawn. We all look back at '08, but we also recall Dani had a foot injury at the start of last year, withdrew from Brisbane, lost her next 4 matches...then came Thailand. :)
Ergo, in the immortal words of Dido, there will be no white flag across my door! Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. June 2012 19:36 

Local Time:
Hsieh's got such an unusual game with her extreme slice that she probably messed up Czink's game. It seems that Czink played really well against Daniela and nowhere near as well against Hsieh. Czink's serving stats are a lot worse today than against Daniela: a lower 1st serve %, more DFs and far fewer aces. Czink seems to be someone that's a difficult match up for Daniela

The doubles result sucks but it's more match practice. Lisicki's not playing well at the moment and Daniela's just coming back so it would be a tough to play against an established team although it isn't a good result at all.

Eastbourn's going to be difficult as there are a lot of good players there. The field's not as strong as last year but Daniela's going into it short of matches so every win she can get there will be a bonus. As long as Daniela's healthy her form will return.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2012 01:03 

Local Time:
I read Daniela's comments which showed she wasn't exactly pleased with ending up on Court 4 and how little notice she (and to be fair, Czink as well) had about the change. On her FB page, while sending her a note of encouragement, I got thinking about this, and the more I did, the more ticked off I got. None of this is any excuse for her not winning the match...it's about respect and common sense. First, scheduling that match 6th on the list for the main court when starting at 11 AM was ludicrous. Court 2, I believe, was being used only for doubles with 4 matches slated and would have been the logical choice. Way worse....the organizers are dealing with a returning finalist who they were all to happy to splash all over their pre-tourney ads and web page, a #3 seed, and a player with a distinguished career who has played this tourney many times. And maybe, just maybe, they might have know Dani was playing her first match off a pretty serious foot injury. To ship her to a mush pit with about 15 seconds notice was not only brainless and showed her no respect, it was dangerous for both players, especially one with a foot issue. This really sucked! I ended up suggesting to Dani that she should never set foot in Birmingham again! I fully realize, however, that this is par for the course for British tourneys. Recall last year at Wimbledon, when Daniela and Azarenka had their match delayed for 20-30 minutes to close the Centre Court roof after rain began falling, rather than, knowing rain was very possible, having the stupid thing closed before the match started! So frigging aggrivating!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2012 02:25 

Local Time:
Well said Alex.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 15. June 2012 10:41 

Local Time:
I read Daniela's comments which showed she wasn't exactly pleased with ending up on Court 4 and how little notice she (and to be fair, Czink as well) had about the change. On her FB page, while sending her a note of encouragement, I got thinking about this, and the more I did, the more ticked off I got. None of this is any excuse for her not winning the match...it's about respect and common sense. First, scheduling that match 6th on the list for the main court when starting at 11 AM was ludicrous. Court 2, I believe, was being used only for doubles with 4 matches slated and would have been the logical choice. Way worse....the organizers are dealing with a returning finalist who they were all to happy to splash all over their pre-tourney ads and web page, a #3 seed, and a player with a distinguished career who has played this tourney many times. And maybe, just maybe, they might have know Dani was playing her first match off a pretty serious foot injury. To ship her to a mush pit with about 15 seconds notice was not only brainless and showed her no respect, it was dangerous for both players, especially one with a foot issue. This really sucked! I ended up suggesting to Dani that she should never set foot in Birmingham again! I fully realize, however, that this is par for the course for British tourneys. Recall last year at Wimbledon, when Daniela and Azarenka had their match delayed for 20-30 minutes to close the Centre Court roof after rain began falling, rather than, knowing rain was very possible, having the stupid thing closed before the match started! So frigging aggrivating!
signed!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2012 18:36 

Local Time:
A lot of good points, Alex, the organisation and scheduling wasn't good at all. I think Daniela entered last year because she needed points for a Wimbledon seeding so I'm not sure she'll be back next year.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2012 21:13 

Local Time:
signed! :?:
I take it, BlueDragon, that you're in agreement with me!
I also think that Dani might want to hire one of us to be her press agent! :)

BTW: Some of you must be wondering why I haven't changed my avatar to be the photo with Daniela and me. Believe me, it's been tried; I just don't know what the frig I'm doing! Can any of you clue me in?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2012 20:09 

Local Time:
BTW: Some of you must be wondering why I haven't changed my avatar to be the photo with Daniela and me. Believe me, it's been tried; I just don't know what the frig I'm doing! Can any of you clue me in?

Click profile up at the top, then click profile in the options column on the left of the screen, and then select Edit avatar and then you can select an avatar, normally you can just upload it from your computer.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 16. June 2012 22:10 

Local Time:
Daniela's obviously afraid not to hurt the foot again. She will get better eventually.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2012 13:08 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:59
So Oudin won this tournament. Daniela's luck is just :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3