Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : Off-Topic : Non-Tennis

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Music
PostPosted: 16. July 2008 13:29 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 12:06
Finally someone has uploaded it on youtube. My long time favourite ambient project from Russia.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. July 2008 18:03 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 05:06
Finally someone has uploaded it on youtube. My long time favourite ambient project from Russia.

^^ what is that?

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 16. July 2008 22:20 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:06

^^ what is that?

music, seemingly. ;)
i listened to it this morning and found it very good, primarily relaxing =)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 00:08 

Local Time:
Hmm very reflective. Singing would go nicely over the top of that.

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 00:11 

Local Time:
Glad that someone actually listened to it, I didn't expect that. :)

Hmm very reflective. Singing would go nicely over the top of that.
I can't imagine it with singing to be honest.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 06:15 

Local Time:
Since you liked the previous one, here I have something in my opinion even better, this time from Norway. It's too long so it had to be separated into 3 pieces.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 17:01 

Local Time:
Sounds ok, i could maybe get into this but something seems missing. It sounds a bit incidental so maybe thats whats missing but obviously its not incidental because i watched some more of this guys videos and he plays with a band. lol i was trying to figure out the form. Im thinking possably a long form of rondo. Let me listen to it a few more times to get into it. Thanks for showing this Martin, very interseting vid :D

Profile WWWYIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. July 2008 17:47 

Local Time:
Of course, it's quite rare that you manage to get into it immediately, I usually need to listen to a music quite a few times before I start to orientate in it.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 25. July 2008 04:31 

Local Time:
This is quite different from the previous ones. Guitar players will probably like it.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 26. July 2008 17:18 

Local Time:
Thanks for the post Martin. The vid you posted was interesting and different but when i listened to their other stuff i thought "Oh another one of those bands". Pretty predictable. The riffs were nice but nothing i havn't heard before. Listen to Slayer if your into Death Metal/Thrash Metal. Though even they get a little repetative at times. None the less thankyou for the insite :D

Profile WWWYIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 26. July 2008 18:20 

Local Time:
Thanks for the post Martin. The vid you posted was interesting and different but when i listened to their other stuff i thought "Oh another one of those bands". Pretty predictable. The riffs were nice but nothing i havn't heard before. Listen to Slayer if your into Death Metal/Thrash Metal. Though even they get a little repetative at times. None the less thankyou for the insite :D
First, thanks that you pay attention to what I post in this thread. :)
Not sure what "another of those bands" means. Anyway speaking of Death, they took death metal to another level. They were actually very progressive in their genre. You can hear influences of classical music on their later albums. I know Slayer of course. First 4 albums defined thrash metal, then they got a bit repetitive, but I don't think every band should be trying some new ways how to play. If someone wants to be progressive, go for it. If they remain true to the original style and do it good, I am all for it as well.
If you like progression, try Dream Theater. If you like a darker sound but still progressive I recommend Opeth or Katatonia.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 27. July 2008 04:31 

Local Time:
Hey no problem. I like listening to new stuff though im not 100% gonna like it all the time. What i meant by "Another one of those bands" i mean that i have heard lots of bands like this regardless of what they have done. Its a shame that it has been overused. I particularly dont like this type of music and the lyrics are especially annoying though at least i could understand some of the things he was saying at least. I just dont dig all of that shouting all of the time. I have tryed listening to Dreamtheater but im not too keen on them although John Petrucci is an amazing guitar player :D When it comes to metal im more old school late 80s through to early 2000. Metallica/Slipknot era. Though i have got into some recent bands like Coheed & Cambria and Apocalyptica for there originality.

Profile WWWYIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 27. July 2008 18:07 

Local Time:
I don't particularly enjoy Slipknot, that's a mainstream music for me, lacking feeling. Although I remember they had a talented drummer.
Metallica have also become mainstream after releasing the Black Album. Albums like Load, Reload, their last two records or their famous experiments with orchestras didn't do the trick for me. Ride the Lightning was pretty good. In thrash metal I prefer other bands, though. Most of them Metallica's peers. One of the best was Voivod from Canada due to their unusual style of play. Also Germany have good thrash bands like Destruction, Kreator or Sodom. Onslaught from the UK, or your compatriots Dark Angel also very good bands.
Apocalyptica is very good, particularly their early albums. I can't say I liked those chart songs with vocals, that's something I would do without. Their cover of Edvard Grieg's "The Hall of the Mountain King" is one of my favourites.
I will look for Coheed & Cambria on youtube. Never heard about them.
btw. I don't like Dream Theater, but thought you could. ;)

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 28. July 2008 01:23 

Local Time:
Well to me mainstream music just signifies a bands accomplishments. But sets them from other bands is if they stay true to their music and don't go all pop which i think Slipkont has done very well. They have stayed true to their style and they havn't gone pop and have managed to keep it fresh.

I agree with your point on Metallica though. Again there is nothing wrong with being mainstream but eversince The Black album they have somewhat gone downhill. Im hoping for anothe ...And Justice For All performance in their new album because St Anger just didn't seem like Metallica at all.

Apo is not a high profile band for me but they have kept it fresh. Hall Of The Hall Of The Mountain King Was Amazing. Their new album was good but as i said not really high profile as say Coheed and Cambria. You should definatly give them a listen. Not saying you will like but i think they are some of the best musicians out there. Their song structure is flawless and the riffs and vocals just make me feel like air. Brilliant.

Im not too keen on Dream Theatre. Their riffs wern't catchy enough but i didn't listen to them much so i might give em a listen again. Keep sending the videos because i will listen to them definatly. There is bound to be a band we both like haha :lol:

Profile WWWYIM

Site Admin
PostPosted: 29. July 2008 17:43 

Local Time:
Okay Mathius, something different again. Norwegian folk (metal), I wish I could understand the lyrics.

Board index : Off-Topic : Non-Tennis

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next