Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : Off-Topic : Non-Tennis

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fun Stuff
PostPosted: 15. June 2009 18:16 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 23:58
These guys want to kill Sue Barker because her show is boring:

Is it wrong to laugh when someone says they want to go on a killing spree against dressed like Saddam Hussein from the 70s?

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 29. June 2009 16:09 

Local Time:
interesting images from the Wimbledon Centre Court

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2009 00:45 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. August 2009 23:32 

Local Time:

Don’t let the description fool you. This long reach toilet paper holder has a thousand uses. Whatever the hard to reach place: this handle is sure to reach it. Just think of it as a back scratcher that can go the extra six inches.

Another design classic. The fur trim is a inspired touch but the eye is drawn to the central motif on this beautifully crafted seat cover. Created by one of the UK's most 'talented' artists, it is a stunning lifelike representation of a cross-eyed dog.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. August 2009 18:55 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2009 20:18 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2009 20:34 

Local Time:
This is just taking the piss: but so is this Finally, do you need ask what drew me to the Invisible Sheep Urinal? Having been plagued by invisible sheep for many years, I was delighted to find that somebody was finally addressing the bladder-control issues they cause. You have to hand it to the inventors. It 'allows full social, business, and sporting activities'. Personally, there's nothing that gives me more satisfaction than relieving myself during a business meeting or when I’m on the golf course with friends. If only I'd had one of these when I was dating! Nothing is bound to impress a woman than a man who takes his bladder so seriously that he has one strapped to his leg.

However, if I have one concern, it's that bit about it being 'virtually undetectable'. Surely that means it's detectable and I'm not sure if I could allow myself to relax at some semi-formal engagement, perhaps an awards ceremony, knowing that any invisible sheep could tell that I was passing water. It's most off-putting. I doubt if I could 'go' under those circumstances.

I just wonder about the people that play golf

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. November 2009 19:20 

Local Time:
The perfect gift for any tennis fan: Fed and Rafa having a poo

These tasteful figurines can be yours for €15, order now at to avoid disappointment.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. December 2009 01:37 

Local Time:
000L8.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. January 2010 17:44 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. February 2010 19:16 

Local Time:
Shouldn't he have been working:

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 9. February 2010 23:44 

Local Time:
Shouldn't he have been working:
yeah, I heard of this before.
As far as I know, some colleagues send him mails with these pics, and the last one told him to turn around.
And now the poor man is about to lose his job. Let's stay serious: Even if this was a lie, aren't there more important things in the world that are worth caring about?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2010 00:44 

Local Time:
The Macquarie Bank trader who gained worldwide notoriety when he was caught out viewing racy pictures in the background during a TV interview will keep his job, the bank said today.

A banal interview about Australia's interest rates on the 7 News channel became a worldwide viral hit when David Kiely returned to his desk while cameras were rolling and opened a computer file containing revealing photos of supermodel Miranda Kerr.

Kiely clicked through various scantily clad Kerr poses, unaware that behind his shoulder Macquarie's private wealth adviser, Martin Lakos, was being interviewed.

Macquarie said that Kiely, the subject of a "Save Dave" web campaign, had been spared the chop despite appearing to breach company policy on the use of computers.

"He will remain an employee of Macquarie," the bank said in a statement. "Macquarie and the employee apologise for any offence that may have been caused."

The 26-year-old Kerr, who is engaged to British film star Orlando Bloom, reportedly gave Kiely her backing too, saying that she was willing to jump on the "Save Dave" bandwagon. "I am told there is a petition to save his job, and of course I would sign it," Kerr said in a news.com.au report.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2010 01:14 

Local Time:
President of the Roger Federer fan club: An excited and gloriously biased Arab commentator completely abandons any impartiality. Nice turn of phrase the fellow has as well: "Bad sportmanship from hawkeye and from Andy Murray." He doesn't like Andy Murray quite as much.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. March 2010 01:44 

Local Time:
Alan Shearer makes small talk

Hello Alan. How are you? Good.

Fine thanks. Say, who do you think will win the World Cup this summer? Think and hope are two different things. I hope England can win it obviously. If they keep Wayne Rooney fit they'll have a very good chance but I think my favourites for the tournament will be Spain.

Should Fabio Capello take David Beckham? I would take him for his experience, I think he has something to offer. Certainly not in the starting 11 to begin with, but for experience, for someone who can go on and help England win a game, or save a game, I would take him.

Which strikers should go? It depends whether he takes four or five strikers. Wayne will go, I think Defoe will go, I think Heskey will go. The other spot, or the other two spots, are open to debate. There's plenty to choose from. Carlton Cole, Crouch, Agbonlahor ...

Yes, yes, but which of them should he choose? [A bit miffed at being pressed] Probably Crouch and Agbonlahor.

Why Agbonlahor? Because he's had a fantastic season. He's got lightning pace. He's scored goals and looks a threat.

We must talk about Newcastle, Alan. They're top of the Championship this season – is that because they are a much better team than last year or because they're in a much worse league? They're in a worse league, there's no doubt about that. There's a huge difference between the Premier League and the Championship. But having said that, Chris Hughton deserves a lot of credit for the way he's settled things down and got them playing some decent stuff. He's got them to the top of the league, and it looks as if they'll have enough to go up. Once, or if, that happens, that poses a different question.

The question that poses is: will they be good enough to stay there? So will they? Now you know why so many teams go up from the Championship and then struggle and go straight back down because of the vast difference in the leagues. It depends how much they spend. If they spend pretty big they'll be able to stay up, yeah,

What did you learn from your experience of managing Newcastle? I learned that's a very, very tough job, but I also learned that I really enjoyed it despite what happened at the end of it. I loved the everyday questions that were posed of you, the adrenaline rush, and obviously the games. I really, really enjoyed it, despite what happened.

So you're looking to get back into management? If the right one comes along then I'd be interested.

What do you mean by the right one? I don't know what the right one is. I don't think you can be too picky or choosy. Certainly I can't be.

Tell us this, Alan, who is the football pundit you most admire, apart from yourself? He won't thank for me saying it, but I suppose I'll have to say Alan. He's been there for so many years. He's well respected, and he does talk a lot of sense. Not that I'd tell him that anyway.

Who are you talking about? Alan Green? Alan Hansen.

Oh right. Did he give you any tips when you were a novice pundit? [Miffed again] No, he didn't.

Are there any pundits you don't like? There were plenty who I didn't like when I was playing. Now I think I have a decent relationship with all of them.

Have any current players come up to you to complain about something you've said on Match of the Day? No, they haven't.

What's the last piece of music you bought? Lionel Richie, when I went to his concert at the Newcastle Arena about six months ago. Fantastic.

Who's your favourite TV detective? I don't watch a lot of TV, to be honest. With three kids I have my hands full.

What about when you were a youngster? What was your favourite cartoon? [Nonplussed] Cartoons!?

Cartoons. I didn't watch cartoons, I was too busy playing football.

Apart from a football, did you have a favourite toy when you were a child? [Triumphantly] Yes, a goalpost.

Apart from football paraphernalia, did you have a favourite toy when you were a child? No, like I told you I was too busy playing football.

Now that you have retired, can you catch up on playing with the toys that you didn't play with when you were a youngster? Have you, for instance, discovered the joys of action men or maybe Lego? [With mounting anger] No, I don't play with toys. And I'm not into the PSPs or anything like that. Whenever I have any spare time I have a game of golf.

Assuming you have time to eat, what is your favourite vegetable? Goodness me. What type of questions are these? [Exasperated] I should say peas, should I?

There's no right or wrong answer, Alan, that's the beauty of it. OK, peas.

Not Brussel sprouts? [Annoyed] Peas.

Just a big bowl of peas? [Palpably hoping chat will conclude very soon] With a bit of mash, sausage and gravy.

What about fruit? An apple.

That's quite emphatic. You wouldn't have any time for an orange or a banana? [Firmly] You asked for my favourite fruit, I said an apple.

That is accurate. By the way, what superpowers would you like to have? [Impatiently] What do you mean?

The ability to fly? X-ray vision? Elbows of pure iron? I'd probably be invisible, so I could go and listen to some of Fergie's team talks.

What's the silliest thing you've ever done when drunk? I don't get drunk.

What's the weirdest thing a fan has ever asked you? To sign her chest.

Was there an Alan Shearer tattoo on it? No, because I never saw, because I refused to sign it.

So there might have been? I don't know.

We can't rule it out, Alan. Now, on an unrelated matter, have you ever seen a ghost? No.

Do you believe in the existence of ghosts? No.

Do you believe in life beyond earth? [Impatiently] I don't know what I believe in. I try not to think about it. I don't want to think about it.

Alan, can you tell us a joke? Yeah, your questions.

Bye Alan, it's been bliss. Bye.

Board index : Off-Topic : Non-Tennis

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next