Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : Off-Topic : Non-Tennis

Author Enter your Message here

Tier III Title Holder
 Post subject: Country, age, languages... and surprise ^^
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 16:00 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:30
I don't know if this subject already exists so I post it :D

It's easy. You say where you come from, how old you are, what languages you speak and where and when you see Dani for real (it means, in front of your TV doesn't count ^^). And also why you have become a fan of her.

Belgium21 (1989)French, Dutch, English1st time (most beautiful day of my life :P):Roland Garros 2004, court n°7, 11h20 against Krajicek2nd time: Luxembourg 2009My mum was at the hospital, I didn't use to watch tennis at all but this day I saw her crying after her loss against Schnyder, and I fell in love :heart2: (Filderstadt 2001 I guess)

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Country, age, languages... and surprise ^^
PostPosted: 10. January 2010 16:17 

Local Time:
Denmark 28 (1981) Danish, English, German, French Seen Daniela in Stuttgart in 2007. I saw both her matches and her practicing 3 times I think. I took lots of pictures and got her autograph - twice I think. Don't remember when I became a fan, but I became a super-fan in 2005 when I decided to create a webpage about her. It was her beautiful groundstrokes and long legs that made me a fan. I remember her legs from some grand slam tournament. I was watching the tournament to watch Serena and Venus and either she was the opponent or playing the match before. I just remember being intriqued. I guess it was 2002.

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. January 2010 06:00 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:30
* Portugal
* 20 (1989)
* Portuguese, Spanish, French and English
* Never :( I'm still waiting for her to come here and play Estoril Open :P
* I was bored at home and I turned on the TV on Eurosport and Daniela was playing the Final of Indian Wells back in 2002 and I fell in love with her. Next day at my 7th grade English Class I had an assignemnt to do about a sports player so I picked her up, and from that moment on all of my friends that don't give a sh*it about tennis are TIRED of hearing me talk about her

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 11. January 2010 17:49 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:30
Germany20 (1989)German, English. And I had Latin in school several years, but except a few sayings and phrases I don't remember anything :lol: sadly I never saw Daniela.. :cry: I thought of visiting the tournament in Stuttgart, but it would have cost too much money. And I didn't want to travel all alone, cause its very boring..I started watching Tennis around Wimbledon 2006 and first saw Daniela on TV in Stuttgart 2006. I became a fan of her a few weeks later when she played in Zürich and reached the final.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. January 2010 20:02 

Local Time:
so far I am the only one not born in 1989. I feel old

Profile WWW

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 11. January 2010 20:42 

Local Time:
so far I am the only one not born in 1989. I feel old

Don't feel it... you are :D We could believe thanks to these great statistics that boys born in 1989 have chances to fall in love with a woman of 1983... :mrgreen:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2010 16:59 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:30
- England
- 22 (1987)
- English
- 1st Time: 2005 Eastbourne 1st Round Lst. Maria Vento-Kabchi 2-6 6-4 4-6. Spent the week at the tournament with GrahamD and Matt (from the old forum) and had my photo taken with her. She also reached the quarter finals of the doubles with Ai Sugiyama.
- 2nd Time: 2006 Eastbourne 1st Round Lst. Elena Likhovtseva 4-6 6-7(3). Spent the week at the tournament with GrahamD and Chungwit. Reached the quarter finals of the doubles again, again with Ai Sugiyama.
- 3rd Time: 2007 Wimbledon 2nd Round bt. Elena Likhovtseva 7-5 7-6(3).
- I started supporting Daniela after seeing her in one of the national newspapers when Wimbledon was on in 2002, for the following two years I forgot about her completely until I was flicking through the TV channels one summer and found live tennis from Eastbourne, it was her Quarter Final against Sugi so I watched that match, watched the semi final and then watched the final and a true fan was born.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 12. January 2010 20:58 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:30
-United States
-19 (1990)
-English
-I've never seen her play a match, but i saw her practicing at the 2009 US open
-I cant remember now when i became an avid fan, im thinking around 2005- 2006. so not as long as the rest of you lol

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. January 2010 06:58 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 04:30
-United States/New Hampshire
-27 (1982)
-English, enough Spanish to get by
-I've never seen her play a match. I was going to go see her play in the New Haven quarterfinals in 2006 and 2007, but she lost the round before both times.
-Shortly after her win at Indian Wells in 2002, I heard or read an interview with her and I was impressed with her humility and work ethic.
Off-Topic:
And I found her just a wee bit attractive.

Board index : Off-Topic : Non-Tennis