Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

hellene fan
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 18:58 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:51
Danka out of Rome.

In some way expected,do you have further infos?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 19:08 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:51
Daniela's not on the Rome entry list:

I honestly don't see her playing before Roland Garros and I think she could miss that. The important thing is Daniela's health and that she heals completely rather than rush a comeback. It's better to miss a few tournaments in the short term so that she recovers and that she's healthy and competitive later in the year and in the years to come rather than rushing back.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 19:43 

Local Time:
The important thing is Daniela's health and that she heals completely rather than rush a comeback. It's better to miss a few tournaments in the short term so that she recovers and that she's healthy and competitive later in the year and in the years to come rather than rushing back.
I agree with you. She shouldn't risk anything. Why rush a comeback, when she isn't 100% and risk even more.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 20:10 

Local Time:
i agree too.at least would be good to hear from her official site in which phase is her recover.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 22:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 02:51
She updated her official website this afternoon:

"Daniela will not play at Rome next week (12-18 may 2008).

« Sadly my stress fracture is preventing me from competing in one of my favorite cities world over. I’m doing everything I can to get back on court as soon as possible. I’m actually doing lots of rehabilitation work in Rome now ! The Italian fans are truly one of the best to play for, as they come with such excitement and passion for the game. I will whole-heartedly miss everyone this year ! » said Daniela to her official website."

There's a danger of reading too much into the language here, but I will take the word rehabilitation as a plus. That seems to imply she's off crutches and doing physical work. If all she was doing was resting her heel (as she must have been for some time), there would be no need to leave home or do rehab. So, some good news (I think).

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. May 2008 23:09 

Local Time:
^^ Daniela has her personal doctor in Rome, so I think there was a need/reason to leave home. And already two weeks ago when she had the crutches, she said she would travel to Rome after the Fed Cup. Rehabilitation could mean a lot of things.
I wish you were right, though.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 7. May 2008 16:06 

Local Time:
Rehabilitation could mean a lot of things.

and which is the wrong thing at your opinion martin?

media master
PostPosted: 8. May 2008 12:35 

Local Time:
^^ Daniela has her personal doctor in Rome, so I think there was a need/reason to leave home. And already two weeks ago when she had the crutches, she said she would travel to Rome after the Fed Cup. Rehabilitation could mean a lot of things.

About the Rehabilitation: Marco Panichi is in rome cause of is other players he work with this week and next week , so that's probably the reason she recover in Rome cause he can't go to Barcelona or Bratislava or whatever lol

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 8. May 2008 13:25 

Local Time:
Daniela committed to Rosmalen.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Istanbul?
PostPosted: 9. May 2008 18:45 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:51
Daniela is still on the entry list in Istanbul. I hope, she will not play there, its too early, I think.

BTW: ESPN360.com and the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour announced a new agreement on Thursday, May 8, that will provide tennis fans with more than 150 hours of live online tennis coverage from Tour events around the world. The agreement will provide ESPN360.com viewers exclusive coverage, including more than 70 scheduled matches at 11 events on 49 days between May and November. Live online coverage begins Thursday, May 8, with live coverage from the Qatar Telecom German Open in Berlin, and will conclude with coverage of the season-ending Sony Ericsson Championships in Doha. Additionally, matches will be available for on-demand replay for at least 48 hours after their completion. More .

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Istanbul?
PostPosted: 9. May 2008 19:39 

Local Time:
Daniela is still on the entry list in Istanbul. I hope, she will not play there, its too early, I think.

Totally agree. While the field isn't a strong one, I feel that it's probably to early to come back (I was reading that it takes between 6-8 weeks for a stress fracture to heel) and there's also the distance between Istanbul and Paris. I'm pretty sure Daniela will be sensible and not rush back because it's not worth coming back not fully fit and re-aggravating the injury and missing more tournaments. The earliest I'd expect her back would be Roland Garros and all I'm hoping for there is that Daniela gets through without injury. If she doesn't get anything from Roland Garros there's the grass season where's she has a few points to defend and she can make up anything lost at Roland Garros if she misses it or losses early at the US Open where she doesn't have any points to defend.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

media master
PostPosted: 9. May 2008 20:25 

Local Time:
pfff istanbul, if she would be fit strasbourg would have been better
don't play it daniela, don't risk RG

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2008 22:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 02:51
I'm sure she will make the sensible decision regarding Istanbul. Though that could include playing, only she and her doctor know the exact extent of her injury and when it's fair to return.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. May 2008 10:14 

Local Time:
I know that Daniela will return at the right time. She has a big head on her and she will make the right decision. I have faith in her ;) Can't wait to see her back. I can't help feeling that time has been stolen from her. She has been so unfortunate. Now im looking forward to a fresh start to the year :)

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 10. May 2008 18:19 

Local Time:
I know that Daniela will return at the right time. She has a big head on her and she will make the right decision.

I really hope so. Hopefully she knows what she is doing.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 61  Next