Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 16:42 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 05:46
i agree.daniela can practise and try to focus on her game after long time..i think,a result won´t be important,the mainest thing is that daniela is going to continue her season,i hope she will have good feeling from her game and she is absolutely fit. ;)

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA ANA IVANOVIC NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 18:37 

Local Time:
afterall played today this exhibition match or not?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 18:42 

Local Time:
can't find any results at all from today on the boodles website.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 20:05 

Local Time:
Daniela's doctor said today the heel still hurt, that the recovery process wasn't going the way they wanted and that he thought Daniela would play only when she feels she is ready (who knows what does that mean). He added that it would be a nonsense to play Wimby just to try it, because she could aggravate the injury.

It is as I wrote the whole time that this injury is very hard to recover from. Imo either Daniela should take a very long break, try to recover the heel completely and if that won't help retire from professional tennis for good. I don't think playing in pain, enduring mental stress all the time, and being forced to have a limited schedule would be something Daniela enjoyed.
We all should be aware that she isn't healthy and if she does play Wimby, it will be rather a risky business.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 20:13 

Local Time:
oh dear.then is better to be out as long takes to recover 100.
the doctor is good?maybe must to visit and another one to take
second opinion for the rehabilitation.

media master
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 20:15 

Local Time:
Daniela's doctor said today the heel still hurt, that the recovery process wasn't going the way they wanted and that he thought Daniela would play only when she feels she is ready (who knows what does that mean). He added that it would be a nonsense to play Wimby just to try it, because she could aggravate the injury.

It is as I wrote the whole time that this injury is very hard to recover from. Imo either Daniela should take a very long break, try to recover the heel completely and if that won't help retire from professional tennis for good. I don't think playing in pain, enduring mental stress all the time, and being forced to have a limited schedule would be something Daniela enjoyed.
We all should be aware that she isn't healthy and if she does play Wimby, it will be rather a risky business.

i know i shouldn't say this cause it's her decision, but im so scared of this moment :(

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

hellene fan
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 20:22 

Local Time:
martin is right.
kallur, will retire if make bullshit and play before is healed completely.
after all these i dont mind to stay out for the rest of the year
and come back ok next year

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 20:33 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 04:46
I dont know how reliable tennisforum.com (formally wtaworld.com) is but aparently Daniela played a won on a champions tie break Dani won 6-2 1-6 (10-5). No news though on how she played and her injury, just the score.

As for her comeback in general. Yes I am pleased that Daniela has decided to play but if shes risking injury I hope that she backs out of Wimbledon and continues her rehab. As someone else said on here earlier, shes a clever girl and I hope she doesnt do anything too hastily. She is liable to want to rush back because of the amount of time that shes had off but she has to think long and hard about wether to come back for Wimbledon because if she causes further injury she will regret it for the rest of her life

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

media master
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 22:36 

Local Time:
martin is right.
kallur, will retire if make bullshit and play before is healed completely.
after all these i dont mind to stay out for the rest of the year
and come back ok next year

i never said he isn't right
and what about bullshit ? can you translate that second part of your post , cause it looks like
you used a online translator lol

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2008 23:46 

Local Time:
daniela will make the right decision especailly if her career could be in jeopardy if she plays on the injury.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. June 2008 00:30 

Local Time:
i know i shouldn't say this cause it's her decision, but im so scared of this moment :(

Your not alone Kallur. Im scared too. This stuff is really deep. We could lose her but we gotta to keep faith in Daniela's judgement. She has come this far, im shure she won't rush to return now. It seems that she has full recovery in her best intersets. Lets hope folks. I don't wanna lose Daniela :(

Danielista, lets try to keep the bad language to abbreviations. Dont wanna sound like a nag but its not really necessary. If you must express your feelings in posts, then try keeping it to BS and not Bull S***. I have olny the forums concern a heart. Again sorry for being a nag.

Stay Safe all from Mathius

Profile WWWYIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. June 2008 00:37 

Local Time:
It seems like Daniela's still recovering and while she was able to go out and play a couple of sets, the fact that she lost the second set 6-1 to a very modest player like O'Brien indicates that, at the very least, she is far from match fitness and that it's going to be very difficult for her to be able to beat decent players, let alone seeds. I think that Daniela's going to see how her heel feels after playing a match and if she's in pain, the injury flares up or she's unable to recover enough to play a subsequent match, then she'll withdraw from Wimbledon. If there's no adverse reaction then I think she'll play. Again, it depends on the medical advice Daniela gets and I hope she listens to her doctors.
Wimbledon's an important tournament to Daniela, but it's just one tournament and it's better that she misses this, rehabs and is able to play the hardcourt season, the Olympics and the US Open, rather then play, get injured again and misses those tournaments.

[quote="Fab"]Chungwit, is it Catherine Deneuve on your avatar ?

It is. It's a screenshot from Belle de Jour and I put it up for Roland Garros.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 19. June 2008 12:55 

Local Time:
I dont know how reliable tennisforum.com (formally wtaworld.com) is but aparently Daniela played a won on a champions tie break Dani won 6-2 1-6 (10-5). No news though on how she played and her injury, just the score.

It seams to be true, here is a short notification, she is really there: "Daniela Hantuchova was out on the practice courts throughout the day, and while recovering from a stress fracture in her foot, has chosen Stoke Park as her pre-Wimbledon base."

hellene fan
PostPosted: 19. June 2008 13:37 

Local Time:
thanks iceman
i find the situation chaotic.yesterday martin posted that danielas doctor
said still hurts and from the other side came out to play.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Wimbledon
PostPosted: 19. June 2008 16:59 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 06:46
Daniela will play Wimbledon. She confirmed it on a post-match press conference, slovak media reported today. "It was very hard for me (the match against O'Brien). I am very happy that I can play tennis again. The match against O'Brien was only a exhibition, but it was a good preparation for Wimbledon. On the grass I feel oneself at home... I always look forward to Wimbledon," Daniela said.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 61  Next