HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup World Group Play-off, Slovakia v Serbia.
PostPosted: 11. April 2011 14:19 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 09:52
Date: 16 Apr - 17 Apr 2011 image
Venue: Sibamac Arena, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Start times:
Day 1: Saturday 16 April: 1400hrs (1200hrs GMT)
Day 2: Sunday 17 April: 1200hrs (1000hrs GMT)
Surface: Clay (Clay), Indoor
Ball: Wilson Australian Open

SLOVAKIA 2-3 SERBIA

Saturday
R1: Dominika Cibulkova bt Bojana Jovanovski 4-6 6-3 6-1
R2:Ana Ivanovic bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-2 6-4

Sunday
R3: Dominika Cibulkova bt Ana Ivanovic 6-4 3-3 retired
R4: Jelena Jankovic bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-2 3-6 7-5
R5: Jelena Jankovic/Aleksandra Krunic bt Daniela Hantuchova/Magdalena Rybarikova 2-6 7-5 9-7

SLOVAKIA:
Dominika CIBULKOVA
Daniela HANTUCHOVA
Magdalena RYBARIKOVA
Jana CEPELOVA
Team captain: Matej LIPTAK

SERBIA:
Jelena JANKOVIC
Ana IVANOVIC
Bojana JOVANOVSKI
Aleksandra KRUNIC
Team captain: Dejan VRANES

TIE PREVIEW

Slovak Republic goes into this World Group play-off with a 100 per cent record against Serbia having won their two previous match-ups.

The two nations met at the same stage of the competition last year in a tie that went down to the wire, Daniela Hantuchova and Magdalena Rybarikova prevailing in the decisive doubles rubber against Jelena Jankovic and Bojana Jovanovski.

The Slovaks will be keen to avoid dropping straight back down to World Group II after losing their first round match against Czech Republic, while the Serbian team, which is hoping to bounce immediately back into the top flight, will take confidence from its gripping victory over Canada to reach the play-offs.

www.fedcup.com

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group Play-off, Slovakia v Serbia.
PostPosted: 11. April 2011 14:29 

Local Time:
Daniela talks about the Fed Cup and the tie with Serbia:

Slovaks start preparing, Saturday sold out
SITA, TASR, 04/11/2011 12:58, Tennis

Slovak team at yesterday's press conference - from left: John Čepelová, Dominika Cibulkova, Captain Matthew Liptak, followed by Daniela Hantuchova and Magdalena Rybarikova. (Photo: Dušan Koutný)
Slovak tennis player on Monday launched a joint development of barážové meeting to participate in the World Group Fed Cup against Serbia (16 to 17 April in Bratislava NTC). As the first clay of the centrifuge in Sibamac arena tried Magdalena Rybarikova, after it got to court Dominika Cibulkova with Jane Čepelovou.

Afternoon, the preparation should involve Daniela Hantuchova, who last week competed in the tournament in the U.S. Charleston. "Our team is already in a complete composition. Magda with housing and Janka have already passed the first training, Daniel was involved in the preparation of the afternoon," informed Slovak Fed Cup team boss Henrieta Nagyova. About 12.30 players had lunch together in the presence of team captain Matej Lipták.

In the Fed's history will go to the third head match between Slovak Republic and Serbia. Last April the Slovaks after winning 3-2 on clay at the Belgrade Arena procedure fought between the world's best eight. The heroine of the match was Hantuchova, who won both singles and doubles titles added alongside Rybarikova decisive third point. Slovak team succeeded in opening duel in July 2007 - the barrage of participation in II. World Group in Kosice Steel Arena triumphed 4-1.

Match Slovakia - Serbia on Saturday already sold out

Meeting with Serb Sloveniek the World Group 2012 Fed Cup tennis team representation of women on 16 - 17 April 2011 on clay in NTC Sibamac Arena in Bratislava, on Saturday is already sold out. On Sunday, according to data from the reservation system available has only 89 tickets. Specifically, there are 11 tickets for the row space for 10 euros and 78 tickets for 20 euros in the box at the 4-thousand people audience. Tickets are distributed through a network Tiposticket Ticketportal on sale at the reception and STZ.
@ google translation.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. April 2011 15:08 

Local Time:
When playing Serbia you kind of hope either Ivanovic or Jankovic is absent. Still, Slovak Republic are at home, which will give them a boost, and Daniela in particular has been playing well, and Dominika has had a couple of decent wins this year too (a win over Wozniacki in January, and a recent win over Zvonareva in the US).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. April 2011 17:10 

Local Time:
Hantuchova relations with Ivanovic was 'dented', they are not in order
12.04.2011 15:44:00
Bratislava (MCE) - On Saturday and Sunday in the Sibamac Arena National Tennis Centre in Bratislava played a match to participate in the Fed Cup World Group.

Slovak Fed Cup team has a great balance of the Serbian team - two games, two wins. Think of our players before the weekend duel? "Such things unexplored. Tennis is wonderful that in every game and a new chance. It does not matter whether you have previous won or lost, it starts again. The match will be different than last year because both teams are now in full lineup," explains Daniela Hantuchova and Commenting on last-measurement of forces in Serbia, adding: " He was a great game that I played him pretty tired and alone I was surprised how I managed it. Especially in a match with Jankovic, I played probably his best game last year. Win us back into the World Group, which for us was very important. "

Fed Cup World Group is full of strong teams, our tennis players this year were unable to collect the ticket veľmi in February succumbed to playing a great Czech. Even at this time not expecting to walk in the park. "In a weekend match will depend on whether the Serb come here rested after the tournaments in the Americas. Will be important in light of what is shown Ivanovic," says World tridstaťdvojka.

Thought about cancellations participation in Charleston

Hantuchova had a hectic last two weeks. First, together with Agnieszka Radwanska won the doubles in Miami, then had to quickly move to the tournament in Charlestovne. "I came there at dawn on Monday and Tuesday I played the game. I did not ever prepare for the transition to clay, the right to add more just now." Our tennis player in the third round failed to American McHale. "I had a match well played with, but in the third set to hit me tired of the whole American 'Tour' . At the end of the match I have also enjoyed home," she says, when pronouncing the word 'home' in her eyes noticed a little spark of joy.

Dominika Cibulkova the transition from clay to give pause even considered anything like her colleague reprezentačná Hantuchova. "Last Sunday I played on concrete and Tuesday already on clay. I even thought about the fact that the tournament will not go to Charleston, I did not want to be very tired."

An important part of the battle for staying in the Fed Cup World Group will be as individual tennis players can cope with the surface in Bratislava NTC. "Clay, on which we play over the weekend is completely different from the black American. On the surface you start to get used to here. American Clay is more than concrete, again it is not our typical red. Yesterday I put on her 'Pink' just a lesson. The difference will be able to consider on a day or two," said tennis player, which are envisaged for singles and the doubles possible.

More respectful Jankovic, Ivanovic is in her special

Against Slovakian Saturday and Sunday enroll two former world number one. "As the toy is more respectful Jankovic. Plays smart, thinking more on the court, moves well and can adapt to rival. It has great bekhand the line," intends to 27-year native of Poprad, which has more on Ivanovic believes, although it still managed to beat only once, with three times as she left the court defeated. "Ivanovic is the type of players that can really beat each but on the other hand, with each play. Playing tennis may not completely on luck, but, in any case, very risky," says the winner of four tournaments on the WTA tour.

For tennis players are heading in frequent contact. What are the relationships Daniela Hantuchova with Serbian tennis player? "We know each other for decades, with Jelena (Jankovic, note. Red) I grew up. Ana is so special, 'funny', it should take a little apart. With Ana we were very good friends, but then this is a bit crimped. Now our relations are already at ease."
@ google translation

Video chat with Daniela Hantuchova:

Hantuchova: "Serb favorite, but we want to win"
TASR, 12/04/2011 11:57, Tennis

Slovak tennis players have gradually become accustomed to the clay court in Bratislava NTC, where he joined during the weekend barážovom meeting to participate in the World Group Fed Cup against Serbia. According to the Slovak captain Matej Lipták clay is a little faster, but its zverenky would thus not have any problems.

"On Monday we started with a common preparation for a match with Serbia. We had all day to have a hall, which we take full advantage. On the same afternoon we said a plan for the entire week. The surface is a little different than traditional hard, but it meets the criteria. clay is faster, the balls have a higher bounce, but we have enough time to fine-tune and we got used to it," said Liptak utorňajšej at a press conference with the Slovak team.

Before the victory over Serbia on clay at the Belgrade Arena was the heroine of the Slovak team, Daniela Hantuchova, who won both singles and doubles titles won by the side of the Magdalena Rybarikova decisive third point. Zverenka Mateja Lipták has a demanding overseas cord. Only on Monday, has returned from the first clay tournament season in the U.S. Charleston, which advanced to the fourth round. "Slovak fans can look forward to see great tennis. Serb is favorite, but we are at home and do everything that we won. Both Serbia's best tennis players are former world leaders, which speaks for itself. Jankovic played smart tennis, super moves and thinks on the court. I respect her as a toy for little more than Ivanovic, who can played fantastic matches, but also tends to have less days. Last year I am in the Fed Cup final against Jelena ran one of the best games of the season. It would be great if I follow up on this home triumph," said Hantuchova.

Slovak Dominika Cibulkova unit last year, could not travel to Belgrade because of injury, the more it looks forward to the battle of Bratislava. Last week she trained on clay in Croatia, Varaždin led by his personal coach Zeljko countryman. "After returning to the U.S. I gave four days off and then I started to practice on clay. I finish this board, I feel for him at home. Long I it did not adapt. Serb quality will rival and it's a big challenge for us. I remember our first fight each other in 2007 in Kosice Steel Arena, where I ran a memorable duel with Jelena Jankovic. trojsetovom After a solid fight, although I lost, but I am sure that I can play a game of balance and with the best toys in the world."

The main judge Bratislava measurement forces the Czech Republic Martin Lutková, the role of arbitrators shall be presented empajrových Brit James Keothavong and Croat Marija Čičaková. It is played with balls brands Wilson Australian Open. Saturday's singles champions will kick off at 14.00, on Sundays from 12.00 on the agenda are the final singles and doubles.

Hantuchova waiting heavier than duel in Belgrade, Cibulkova remembers Košice

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova against the Serb in the Federation Cup, while one hundred percent record when four years ago in Kosice Steel Arena in Belgrade last year and won all their matches. Weekend Bratislava duel to participate in the elite eight of the world will, in the words of Matthias zverenky Lipták completely another story. Serb is off against Slovakian first time in the strongest lineup.

"I expect a harder game than in Belgrade, because both teams nastúpia in full force. All matches will be at a high level, because Jelena Jankovic with Ana Ivanovic are former world leaders. I'm glad we're playing at home ... The battle has already Kosice very mention, but Belgrade that I still live in memory. In Charleston, I came to Europe a few days before the battle, because the volcanic ash from Icelandic volcanoes paralyzed air travel. I did not have a lot of strength, but I gave it everything in a match against Jelena I managed to really great . We have achieved a valuable victory, thanks to which we return after long years in the World Group. At Roland Garros I lost to Jelena, now it's me again. It will be difficult to meet because Jelena playing with greater confidence and is currently in good form. Now we both fresher than last year. We'll see how it goes," said Hantuchova.

Dominika Cibulkova Board still remembers Kosice duel with Jelena Jankovic, in the end both players caught cramps. "It was a breakthrough game for me. I found that I also have the best players. The atmosphere in Kosice was really great and I firmly believe that It will also in Bratislava. I expect that Jelena will fight harder than with Ana, with whom I have so far played only once in Moscow and I beat it a successful third set tie-break. It was long ago, now we have two elsewhere. Ana is unpredictable player that when Vychytil day, can beat anyone, but waving the fluctuations. Jelena plays nevertheless stable."
@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. April 2011 22:25 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 10:52
So are Daniela and Ana not friends anymore..? Or is it bad translation?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. April 2011 23:06 

Local Time:
So are Daniela and Ana not friends anymore..? Or is it bad translation?
just a bad translation, daniela told she respect both, but jelena´s results are more balanced....

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. April 2011 16:37 

Local Time:
Jelena respects more than Anu
13.04.2011 00:00, Tennis

Daniela Hantuchova: "I expect good games, fans have come to his"

Daniela Hantuchova (32nd in world rankings) does not think that Slovakia is something fundamentally different when the team embark súperiek - the rule does not live - both now best Serb, Jelena Jankovic (8) and Ana Ivanovic (17).

"Our task is the same. Always go to court with the idea that we want to make the most of themselves and win. And now we match up to everything," said the press conference oficálnej our team the current Slovak duo.

Given the players' position on the charts and competition system is almost one hundred percent, that if they have captains available to its biggest trump, Hantuchova resumes on Saturday against Jelena Jankovic.

"Jelena tennis player I respect more than like Anu," says 27-year-old Slovakian. "Plays very smart, super moves. Always wondering what hit has to choose what to play. It has a great feel for the ball, can adapt to playing style and find an efficient rival protizbraň. It has one of the best backhand on the line. Ivanovic knows played fantastic matches, but also play with anyone. Depending on what the day. I do not claim that tennis in its administration, to chance, but plays a tremendously risky. Both, however, the worldwide drive to best say they are excellent tennis player."

"These games are long behind us, since many things changed," says Poprad native. "My players over the past never long we do not intend, moreover, Fed Cup is something completely different tournament. I expect that all meetings over the weekend will be very good and the fans get their money. I, too, this fight I am looking forward."

Slovakia lost to a strong Czech Republic in February, now stands again before the severe obstacle. Serbia is demanding the stars with their bite?

"Oh, this is a question for Captain Lipták. I can only say that it's difficult again for us lot. This year, we can not really very jump for joy," said our historically most successful Representative in Federation Cup, winner of 2002.
@ google translation.

Hantuchova: Serb are favorite, we have nothing to lose

BRATISLAVA - Daniela Hantuchova (27) was last April, in the absence of medically indisposed Dominika Cibulkova page strojkyňou Slovak tenistiek victory over the Serb in Belgrade meeting of the Fed Cup World Group.

Before the weekend Bratislava reprise warned: "It will be a rematch. It can therefore not rely on what was before. It is also the beautiful tennis. Always comes another option and start from scratch. In addition, both teams now enroll in full report, the quality will be somewhere else. I assume that all matches will have a high level. It is certainly open for balance in today's tennis is difficult to predict something. I'm looking forward very much and I think that may be the fans. We always strive to deliver maximum and win. Opponent's name and his squad does not change anything. Of course, the Serb favorite, but we are home and want to take advantage of. Perhaps it is also good on paper that we have nothing to lose."

The individual singlistkám hostiek Hantuchova said: "As the toy a little more respectful Jelena Jankovic. It demonstrates smart tennis, thinking on it, super moves, the game can be adapted to rival and has one of the best backhand on the circuit - particularly along the line. Last year in Belgrade I was also given the circumstances, when we both problems for the air transport arrived late, not much force. Now we are fresher and we'll see how it goes. then I put everything into it, but I did not expect to handle it so well - Jelena against it was one of my best matches of the year. I helped our team to return to World Group, which meant a lot. She was at that time in very good shape and then I lost to her at Roland Garros, so now it's me to her to odplatila. I know it for a long time, more than ten years. We grew up together in the academy of Nick Bollettieri. It is strange, 'funny', it must take a bit of detachment. In Ana Ivanovic, we were very good friends, then a bit crimped - Australia and by the way ... Now we are not cool."

Hantuchová has against champion from Roland Garros 2008 Ivanovic statistics 1:3. Last met in January 2008 in the Australian Open semifinals before losing in the Slovak and one of the most important matches of his career, 6-0, 2-0. Concomitant controversy then were vŕzgajúce sneakers as part mental battles. Hantuchova, the significant lag time admitted: "At such a match is very difficult to forget, it took me long enough. That's why I said that Yelena is more respectful than a toy. I led Ana is over 8:0, indicating that the mine tennis was completely elsewhere. I think the match with Jelena will be more difficult, but when Ana is playing well, very difficult to do anything against it. But when your day does not catch, so it's up to me. She can play fantastically, but also play with anyone. I do not say that he plays on luck with it but rather depends on how it is in this risky approach currently doing."

Hantuchova at its entry into the clay of the season, fought its way last week in Charleston to third osemfinálového round, which however was not enough for domestic teenager Christina McHale.
"The move to the clay before starting to be seen here. Will be important the next three - four days: get used, the ripple, play some points. There is even impossible to identify the transition. I played those games as 'concrete', I just tried to somehow slide. To be honest, I do not know how I won the first two meetings. Across the U.S. 'Trip' that I had had enough. After the first sete McHale, who played very well, hitting on me all that tired. It I have a chance, I fought and it was a winnable game, but already in the subconscious, I also enjoyed the home," she Daniela Hantuchova.
Poprad native in April 2010 in the Fed Cup final in the Serbian capital, won a decisive point in doubles with Magdalena Rybarikova and now tentatively suggested: "I can imagine a state of 2-2 again and I can well imagine that I would once again play the doubles with Magda, but hardly talk about it so ahead. Everything should be guided by the situation. Doubles to me in this period and Magda played well in it as well."
@ google translation.

- video of the press conference and Daniela hitting with Dominika.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. April 2011 23:34 

Local Time:
It does seem that the Australian open semi-final match did harm Daniela and Ana's friendship for a bit but it seems that now they are good friends again. Hopefully the tie here won't cause them to fall out again!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. April 2011 19:47 

Local Time:
Serb before the game with Slovakian cautious in the statements

Renkingovo are favorite Serb, Jelena Jankovic as it is currently number eight computer ranking, another former leader of the evaluation of Ana Ivanovic seventeen. Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia Daniela Hantuchova and include positions at the turn of the third and fourth decades (28, respectively. 32, already on the 12th, respectively. 5 spot). "I disagreed with arguments that are favorite meeting. I think it is a very open game and the fact that the Slovak team has home advantage and a favorable balance of mutual duels. The projections I would therefore be prudent," he said at Thursday's press conference of the Serbian team captain Dejan Vranes.

Slovaks won both the Serb mutual matches so far: in July 2007 and 4-1 in Kosice last April in Belgrade, 3-2. And therefore are cautious in the statements, although Ivanovic and Jankovic have battles with onion and Hantuchova in three of four cases better statistics. "It is true that I have mercy and Jelena mixed results against the Slovak player, but our team played each other on the head Federation Cup in a 0-2 home advantage this time is not on our side. We must concentrate on every game, try its best to showcase the best performances, while good deal with turbulent atmosphere," said Ivanovic, who arrived in Bratislava to before midnight on Wednesday and said: "While not feel 'jet lag'."Champion of the Paris Grand Slam Roland Garros 2008 team face off against Slovakia for the first time: first, missing due to injury and then for lack of form.

The priorities aktérky is thus not too surprised. "We played so many matches with the Slovakian, that together we have no secrets about our game. The battle four years ago in Kosice with Cibulkova consider my craziest Fed, and it truly in this competition for some games that year. against him and Daniela always expect a challenging game. In our team there is a positive atmosphere, however, succeeds in full force and we will fight for the country of all forces. We have to show off our best tennis, if we are to succeed," heralded Jankovic, last week semifinalist for Green clay in Charleston, South Carolina.

Ivanovic as Cibulkova after missing the tournament in Miami in competitive events: 29 March lost in the fourth osemfinálovom Cycling in Florida a Belgian Kim Clijsters of 5:1 and 40:0 advantage of the income in the decisive game. "At night, after this failure I have a lot nenaspala, but now I've passed over it. I try to take also from such unpleasant experiences learned. Moreover, I am convinced that I can keep up and play a balanced game with a tennis player, who is now perhaps najvychytenejšou of all," noted 23-year Belehradčanka and added: "In the meantime I will prepare in Las Vegas with Darren Cahill and fitness coach Gil Reyes. I've been through ten days of training on clay and already I am looking forward to the match with the Slovak and the following weeks. Entering this season, I was a little weaker, but I proceeded to some changes, I have registered progress, I gained more confidence and I feel very, very well."
@ google translation.

Serb came silence stands victory over Slovakian

more obrázokAutor: TASR
13:27 | Today | Updated | George Buch
Bratislava - Serbian team two days before the match about staying in the Fed Cup World Group located in Bratislava in the complete composition, along with his aces.

One of them is 23-year-old Ana Ivanovic, currently 17th player rankings, which in June 2008 after winning the Grand Slam tournament Roland Garros stala world leader.

Like in Charleston Dominika Cibulkova, Ivanovic also waived participation in the tournament in Marbella, and ten days to prepare for a duel on clay in Bratislava in Las Vegas with coach Darren Cahill.

Ivanovic against Prime Minister Slovakia
The previous two meetings in Kosice in 2007 or last year in Belgrade against Slovakian undergone. "Against Serbia Slovakian joined for the first time, so I am looking forward. Balance now are not significant. SUPERKOV have home advantage, which is important," said Ivanovic.

"I would like to thank the Slovaks for the excellent conditions for the preparation and hospitality. In Manchester four years ago we met with very similar turbulent atmosphere and we expect now the weekend. I also thank my toys and I am glad that we here in the strongest composition. In recent months, showing good form," said Serbia captain Dejan Vranes.

Tight Cibulkova lost to Jankovic launched

According to the Essex Emerald in Captivity position paper is his favorite team. "Role favorite, I would not like to take. I disagree with this statement. Just get used to give forecasts or previews," Vranes said.

Jankovic to forget Košice
As in Kosice, and now the game is played on clay. For the players it is an advantage, since entering the clay of the season.

"I first tried to court this morning. It is slippery, but slowly getting used to it. The team will not be a problem, we have enough time to adapt to the surface," said eighth world player Jelena Jankovic.

Dvadsaťšesťročná Jankovic took place four years ago in a dramatic match with Kosice Dominika Cibulkova. Then starting Slovenka favorite succumbed, but it is so exhausted that Jankovic was unable to start the final singles and Slovaks and therefore won the entire meeting.

Memories of Košice. When the play's triumphant

"It was a terrific game in an incredible atmosphere. Very well you remember it. I now expect tough and balanced game. Slovaks made excellent performances, so we have to play as best we can to succeed," said Jankovic.

Rival is very familiar. "We have no secrets, we know what to expect from one another. We know what the true rival. Our team is a good atmosphere in and we are ready to silence the home audience," sounded from the mouth of Jankovic and Ivanovic.

World number one - a dream come true
Both Serbian aces already know what units to be significant.

"I was constantly in the Top 10, fifth years, but last season injuries have stopped me. Motivation to get back on top is great, but in tennis you currently use. The most important thing is that I feel good, I believe you. I hope that it can be shown in the matches. against Slovakia he joined in full force, because I believe that we can meet the stated objective to return to the World Group. The quality certainly belong there," said Jankovic.
@ google translation

- Jankovic interview.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. April 2011 12:25 

Local Time:
Why is jankovic not playing singles? If they're doing it to be weird then it's pretty insulting to slovakia and fans not putting out their first team. Maybe jankovic is injured slightly?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. April 2011 13:47 

Local Time:
My dream come true :) I'm going to see Fed Cup live on Saturday and Daniela IS playing against Ivanovic!! Perfect :) Looking forward to it.

I would be so happy, if Daniela wins this match! But even if she loses.... It will be still special to see them playing :)
Hope Daniela can do her best and maybe there will be some kind of revenge after their last meeting :)

Jovanovski can be very dangerous. Jankovic is more stable, though... she might be tired, don't know.

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. April 2011 18:15 

Local Time:
It's a bit of a surprise that Serbia picked Jovanovski for the singles instead of Jankovic, but Jovanovski won the heart award for her performance against Canada and she played well in Australia, although her form's tailed off a bit since. Maybe this is a reward for Jovanovski's play against Canada or she played well in practice or Jankovic was bad or jaded. Perhaps Serbia wants to save Jankovic for Sunday but Slovakia have the quality to win this tie with Daniela and Dominika. The first match with Dominika playing Jovanovski is going to be crucial in setting the tone of the tie. If Dominika wins that gives Slovakia momentum and the lead in the tie while it could lead to dissension and second guessing in the Serbian camp.

I really want Daniela to beat Ivanovic tomorrow. Daniela will have to play well and hopefully she's refreshed and on form because Ivanovic will be a tough opponent.

- interviews with the players and captains.

Slovak captain Matej Lipták surprised that the Serbs in the initial dvojhier nenominovali Jankovic. "Difficult to say whether this is part of the tactics, or is it some injury. Bojana Jovanovski is for me as well as high-quality rival Jankovic to Ivanovic, the beginning of the season achieved excellent results . We'll see how it develops. We will do everything that we at home were three points and keep the elite eight," said Liptak.

Neither Cibulkova not believe that Saturday off against Jovanovski. "I was surprised that plays Jankovic, but not against Jovanovski's not easy at all. I know it is a young player who has reached in recent months, good results. Certainly nothing given to you and me it can not be underestimated. I think it nenasadenie Jankovic from Serbia takttiky part of the team. I hope they come out this move."

Hantuchova, who had played in the opening day against Jankovic, Ivanovic awaits on Saturday. "It is a change, but there is one against whom you play. It is important that we play at home. I hope we get three points and we win. Clay court in the NTC is faster as the tournament in the U.S. Charleston, but gradually I got used to it. It would be great if we had been established in Bratislava in last year's success of Belahradu."
@ google translation.

"Metaphorically speaking, I knew it five minutes before the proper lot and that surprised me, but I will try to play your best. I am optimistic and positive," said Jovanovski Commenting on the surprising nomination. Jankovic absence did not cause health problems. "It is a decision of the skipper, who has such competence and that all are fully respected. I am totally disabled in order and if necessary, so any time he joined," said the eighth player world rankings. Cibulkova name of his rival in Saturday's somewhat taken aback, "Jovanovski has a really good record, but I must admit that even I think this nomination clearly surprised. The fact remains that no rival neradno underestimated both before and some have an exaggerated respect. I have primarily concentrate on their own quality performance."

"Obviously it's a little change than expected, but whatever the name of my Saturday's rival to be taken as any other match. Remains important that we have home advantage and I hope we manage to use it," said Hantuchova after ticket by Ivanovic added: "Even in this new situation remains the most important, which collects the first three points. We will do everything that it was ours."

The unexpected deployment Jovanovski do dvojhry playing in the opening day was also expressed by both captains. "It is definitely a big surprise for us. Hard to say whether it be seen as a matter of tactics, some injuries, or momentary forms. From the beginning, but I pointed out the excellent this year Jovanovski results, which in February reached the Fed Cup," said Liptak. His counterpart from Serbia benches Vranes explained its decision as follows: "For you, it may surprise, but from my perspective not only on such a fundamental change. In addition, concerns not only the Sat I had it easy to decide, but I acted in my best knowledge and belief."
@ google translation. Also has videos of the draw and Daniela and Dominika talking about the tie.

Have a good time tomorrow, Marek, and I really hope you see Daniela win.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 14:00 

Local Time:
Live stream:

Jovanovski's just won the first set 6-4 against Dominika.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 14:08 

Local Time:
I think it's totally cocky of Serbia to not play Jankovic. Regardless of the awards Jovanovski has won, Jankovic is number 8 in the world and Serbia should be slightly more concerned about the threat presented by the Slovak team. That being said Jovanovski has just taken the first set off Dominika, and is a break up in the second :|
What I would like to see is a Dominika come-back, and a win for Daniela against Ivanovic today. Then we'll see whether Serbia are so confident as to play Jovanovski against Daniela tomorrow. I'd say, in those circumstances, NO they wouldn't, they'd put Jankovic on court.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2011 14:31 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 05:52
This is rather terrible from domi. If she loses, then daniela will have the pressure to secure a win. This tie is an up hill battle for the Slovaks.
Is domi playing bad or is bojana inspired?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next