Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group Play-off, Slovakia v Serbia.
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 18:46 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 20:55
3rd set.

0-1. Jankovic holds to 15. Daniela has to win the next game.
1-1. Daniela holds and stops the rot, that was an absolutely crucial game to win.
2-1. Krunic is broken after a long game.
2-2. Magdalena broken after serving 3 DFs.
2-3. Jankovic holds. I think there was a BP for Slovakia but this match is a blur right now.
3-3. Daniela holds from 0-30.
3-4. Krunic holds to 15. Krunic was dreadful for the first set and a half, now she's hitting winners all over the place.
4-4. Magdalena holds to 30.
4-5. Jankovic holds to 15.
5-5. Daniela holds to 0.
6-5. Krunic broken to 30.
6-6. Magadalena broken to 15 serving for it. Serbia did hit some great winners in that game.
6-7. Jankovic holds to 15.
7-7. Daniela holds to 15.
7-8. Krunic holds to 15. Magdalena missed a smash on gp.
7-9. Magdalena broken, Slovakia lose from a set and 5-1 up. The match became a blur a long time ago so I don't have any emotions at present, I'm a carcass. This has got to be absolutely sickening for Daniela, this must be terrible for her. Oh my god. This is a total kick in the gut. It's also really tough on Dominika who played so well.
Daniela held serve all through the match except at 5-4 in the second and she had 2 match points, but from the second set Rybarikova hardly held serve.

BTW, if anyone is going to spew out hate and contempt to Daniela, don't bother.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 18:56 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 21:55
If Slovakia lose this match, this will be Daniela's worst day for a while..

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 18:59 

Local Time:
sorry Daniela and Magda, but you are retards.

Danka a Maria

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 19:35 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 14:55
Thats a little harsh but I have top say I am getting a little tired after 5 hours of tennis...WIN ALREADY...would you please

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:06 

Local Time:
Depressing day...depressing weekend...good luck in Stuttgart Daniela...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:08 

Local Time:
A truly horrible choke-nothing more really needs to be said.

I'm beginning to think that Liptak isn't really doing anything for Daniela-eddy's comments upthread were spot on.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:14 

Local Time:
nightmare

so pity :(

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:17 

Local Time:
Thanks benji. He's such a miserable sod. And when daniela was beating jankovic he barely showed any emotion and again when they were thrashing them in doubles. I loved the attitude of the serbian coach he lived through every point and was always encouraging whatever the score.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:20 

Local Time:
eddy-it's worth noting that poor Magdelena just sped off the court,leaving Daniela and Liptak behind. It's hard not to believe that a more outwardly supportive coach might have helped her turn things around.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:23 

Local Time:
What a dreadful final rubber. Perhaps Dominika should have played the doubles alongside Daniela since they've played well together before.
Serbia through to the world group, and without having to play Jankovic on day 1. Slovak Republic down to world group II.
World Group II 2012 - USA, France, Slovak Republic, Australia, Belarus, Slovenia, Switzerland, Argentina OR Japan. Certainly some very winnable ties in there; very much depends on the group draw.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:27 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 16:55
What a terrible weekend for daniela. I know it wasn't all down to her, but her three rubbers were where the points were lost. What a different fed cup from the one we had last year.

I'm really sorry for the Slovaks.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 20:29 

Local Time:
Serbia were always going to be the highly-talented floating team this year. Slovak could have drawn Ukraine, or even the USA (without the Williams sisters), but they got unlucky. As I said at the start of the thread, when playing Serbia it's always nice if either Jankovic or Ivanovic is absent. Still, onwards to Stuttgart for Daniela, although I'd imagine she's going to be pretty exhausted after this weekend. :roll:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 21:01 

Local Time:
I still feel numb after what happened. Daniela did have the tougher matches as she had to play a healthy Ivanovic and then she had to play a rested Jankovic while Dominika beat Jovanovski and then Ivanovic retired against her. At the same time Daniela was in a strong position against Jankovic at 3-1 in the third and a set and 5-1 up in the double and had the match points at 5-4. One thing about the doubles is that Krunic played very well from the middle of the second set onwards and she hit a lot of winners whereas before she was pretty poor. Serbia did start targeting Magdalena a lot and she made errors and she lost confidence while her serve was always vulnerable in the second and third set. She served for the match twice and won only a couple of points plus she was broken at the end of the second and third sets.

This has to be devastating for Daniela and I hope that she can bounce back from this soon but this has to be very tough on her.

I think that Vranes did a very good job in this tie. His gamble with Jovanovski paid off, even though she lost, it meant that Jankovic was fresh for the second day. As eddy said, Vranes was far more positive and he seemed to keep his players motivated and and believing and it seemd to work with Krunic as she started to play a lot better in the second set. Liptak's body language wasn't positive at all and he didn't seem to do too much when the wheels came off in the second set of the doubles. I don't know what tactical advice he was giving but he didn't seem to be able to inspire his players, especially Magdalena. You can also question if he should have put Dominika into the doubles as although Rybarikova plays more doubles and Dominika hadn't played double since the Australian Open, Dominika would have been far more confident. That is second guessing though.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 21:09 

Local Time:
I suppose if there is a silver lining,it is that Daniela played some great tennis today,and her serving was much improved from yesterday. Cold comfort,I know.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2011 21:11 

Local Time:
"I'm a pro, but in such situations I am not accustomed ... In tennis, however, such turnovers happen. When you're with them on the side, as we do today, due to angry. The single" I played better than on Saturday. For the doubles I really hard to express. We have a team that could win the whole Fed Cup, but now we will not group in the world ... It was an honor to play here over the weekend, an atmosphere I have experienced," said Daniela Hantuchova. "Such a match I do not remember. I am very angry about it. I do not know what happened. ... I'm sorry " had to hear Magdalena Rybarikova.

Slovenský captain Matthew Liptak secret of his disappointment after defeat. "It's hard for me appreciates it, what has now happened. I do not know on what it all wrong. In doubles, we started playing great and we have a system which rival did. We had the misfortune that we state for 5-1 in the second set did not meet two combinations. Unnecessarily it was brought into tension, players got nervous and a little gem, which servovali to win the match, failing to. It was difficult before their set, the third motivates. I can only congratulate the Serbian team it can turn. Dominika brought great performances in singles and I am very pleased that it has received two points. The victory over Jovanovski encouraged her in the match with Ivanovic played actively. Daniela filed against Jankovic better performance than against Ivanovic. It had its chances, but did not use them," said Liptak.

"Hard to evaluate because, even when we consider that sport brings many things, so this match, which was clearly in our hands, we should win. The situation develops, we could not wish for anything more - indeed, they can: get the last ball, but did not come. I long to go before I realize why it's finally happened. I think we must all think of themselves and figure out what can be improved to something like this does not occur again," he said Slovak Tennis Association Tibor Macko.

"After this huge strain I am not so ready to quickly assess the match as a whole. I can only congratulate the player on our team win," said Captain Dejan Vranes Srbiek.
@ google translation.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next