HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 192 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Qatar Ladies Open, Doha
PostPosted: 24. February 2011 22:46 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 19:45
Now that the disappointment has worn off a little,it would be remiss not to thank Daniela for two weeks of outstanding tennis. The transformation from the broken shell of a player that we saw in the Fed Cup is little short of miraculous.

Now she can move on to her favourite event in Indian Wells! :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. February 2011 23:05 

Local Time:
Well said...i think if Daniela can keep this level up she will be back in the top 20 come French Open. It's where she belongs at the very least. She's only 400 points away from top 20.
She may still enter Monterray...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. February 2011 01:39 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 18:45
Totally off-topic but does anyone know what is meant by the category 'tours' (the final column) on the WTA website rankings list. In alot of cases it doesn't seem to actually match up to the number of tournaments a player has competed in.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. February 2011 11:46 

Local Time:
i hope she plays monterrey, to save ranking points, cause its important. It feels like every tournament she has to back up points. This week she will only go up to 28, which is a break through. Than she is less than 100 points from cibulkova and maKiri. respectively 27 and 26...... Knowing that Cibulkova has points to lose because she lost to dani in the semis last year. I would be confident that she would win monterrey or get to final of the title if she keeps playing the way she does. most likely jj wont go to monterrey if she wins doha, of which I think she will. Also if dani plays in monterrey and goes deep she would round about have about a week off any way, since she will have a bye. Her seed will be 26 at Indian Wells.
MaKiri has points to defend at Indian wells and so does rezai who as alot more! she is 23 in the world if she loses in 1st round which I think she will :lol: she will lose 140 points and in madrid she will lose 1000 points, so I think if Dani can get to at least 4th rnd and QF in indian wells and miami at least she will be no.22 or 23 but she must defend monterrey and miami and get as much out of IW aswell. Wickmayer who is no. 25 also has points to defend in IW sooo I would like to see her at least 22 or 23. With miami Makiri and domi has points to defend sooo it's just about equalling her performance from last year. Then Charleston she has to really defend points again. Petrova also has heaps of points to defend aswell. Not to mention venus :lol: If she wins a tourney that would be great. Indian wells please!!!! I'm gunning for top 20 by French open!!!

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 25. February 2011 16:04 

Local Time:
so sad that Daniela lost this match :( in semis she would be able to beat JJ and she would be in the final, that stupid third set, and she had even leading... :(

but looking forward to IW. Dani has a great form + it´s her favourite tournament and there are many memories, i think she´ ll go pretty far in IW. ;)

Danka a Maria

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 25. February 2011 17:39 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 14:45
Do you think she should play Monterrey? Her injury is not fully healed yet, having a packed schedule is not going to help matters. She should stay healthy and take the positives from this recent form.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. February 2011 18:24 

Local Time:
I think she should play Monterray. The field is weak and she's playing with great momentum. Her injury should be ok as she was fine playing for 9 hours this week. More match practice I think is needed.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 25. February 2011 18:51 

Local Time:
No, not Monterrey. It would be a similar jetlag she experienced in Dubai. She will turn 28 in several weeks and should rest a bit more imo.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. February 2011 18:54 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 13:45
I agree that she should skip Monterrey. She should use this time to focus on IW and a deep run there. Then she'll have Miami and Charleston to defend and then she can pick up major points in Rome and Madrid. I think it is important that she does well at IW this year, at least a QF, depending on draw.

Side note, I can't believe Wozniacki beat Bartoli so convincingly, didn't see match, but sounded like Bartoli was steamrolling up until this point. This Wozniacki phenomenon is so odd to me.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. February 2011 00:22 

Local Time:
Side note, I can't believe Wozniacki beat Bartoli so convincingly, didn't see match, but sounded like Bartoli was steamrolling up until this point. This Wozniacki phenomenon is so odd to me.

I don't get it either! How can Wozniacki beat everyone so convincingly???

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. February 2011 18:40 

Local Time:
I really like Vera,so I'm glad she won the tournament-it makes Daniela's performance look so much better.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 26. February 2011 22:30 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 18:45
"Caroline is No.1 and playing very well. I was just fighting for every point and trying to go for my shots," said Zvonareva, who had 30 winners in the match. "This is definitely a special moment for me, especially after that tough match against Daniela and another great one against Jelena. I have so many fans here it's unbelievable. Because of them I was able to come through this week."

You do wonder how Daniela could have done if she'd been a bit fresher as she'd played for six hours in the two days prior to the Zvonareva match while Zvonareva had had a very easy match in the previous round. Daniela can take so much from this tournament as she had another top 10 win, came through some tough matches and played magnificently against the eventual champion who had a convincing win against the no. 1 in the final. As long as she can stay fit and healthy, Daniela can do very well this year as when she's been fit she's played very well.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 192 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13