Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

blue webmaster
 Post subject: Re: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, Dubai
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 12:09 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 18:20
very fast finish. 1-6 3-6

Daniela really seemed too tired today. Get a good rest and relax! :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 12:12 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 19:20
Okay. Well let's just forget about this match and still celebrate pattaya. I expect the conditions were different to pattaya and also there was of course the very short turnaround time. Also this was daniela's 6th match in as many days so lets just move on and look forward to doha and indian wells and miami. Anna was lucky on this occasion. Had dani played anna last week I would have thought the scoreline would be reversed in daniela's favour. Rest up and enjoy your 4th career title daniela and don't let this loss affect your momentum and confidence you gained from last week.

All the best in doha.

Last edited by eddy on 15. February 2011 12:15, edited 2 times in total.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 12:12 

Local Time:
ewww have a good rest dani, you deserve it! Good luck in doha, anyways I'm back to my studies. :shock:

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 12:19 

Local Time:
Well I hope Daniela enjoyed her Pattaya party because she certainly played like she was hungover today.

Seriously though,8 matches in 9 days was going to have an effect. Factor in injury issues and jet-lag and today's performance was understandable,if regrettable. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 12:21 

Local Time:
Pity... she has to rest now!

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 12:47 

Local Time:
A word about anna. Apparently she was a doubt to play today at all because she was sick. So not sure how daniela managed to get beat so convincingly. But I guess daniela just didn't even want to look at a tennis ball today lol. It's actually quite funny. Apparently it was a dreadful match lol! I give a lot more respect to wozniacki now last year didn't she win montreal and then new haven or something back to back. Pretty impressive stuff to be able to do that.

Anyway I hope daniela does rest well so she can perform well next week. It's going to be hard to avoid another tough draw next week though. Hopefully she'll be seeded for indian wells though. Is she returning to monterray this year?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 14:01 

Local Time:
Perhaps she should have pulled out in retrospect. Pattaya to Dubai isn't exactly the shortest of flights, and conditions in Pattaya were tough. When you're not used to getting to the weekend of tournaments then I guess you pack your schedule.
I would imagine Daniela felt obliged to show up. WTA aren't exactly lenient on players pulling out are they.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 14:03 

Local Time:
Hopefully her momentum from Pattaya will continue into Doha, and a straight-sets loss to Chakvetadze will not stand in the way of some good results. Will be an equally tough draw next week though I'm sure...

Until then it's doubles in Dubai. Daniela and A.Radwanska (unseeded), play fifth seeds Nuria Llagostera Vives and Anastasia Rodionova in round one. A win would see them play Vitalia Diatchenko and Tatiana Poutchek in round two.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 15:31 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 13:20
[quote="eddy"] I give a lot more respect to wozniacki now last year didn't she win montreal and then new haven or something back to back. Pretty impressive stuff to be able to do that.

I wouldn't give too much respenct to wozniacki, I mean its not that difficult to sit and wait for your opponent to make errors while you push the ball around the court. Sorry I'm not a big fan of wozniacki at all, I think she is one of the most boring tennis players alive. I've seen her play live and actually fell asleep during the match, it was the New Haven final against Ann C actually.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 17:20 

Local Time:
I missed the match but the schedule and all the matches she's played recently and travelling just wore Daniela down and she just wasn't healthy enough to play. It's such a pity and I hope that Daniela's all right and that she gets well soon.

Kvitova lost as well and she said that she was tired so it seems like winning a tournament on Sunday doesn't do anything for someone's ability to play in Dubai's heat on Tuesday as there just isn't enough time to recover and prepare. Maybe the schedule was done by the Caroline Wozniacki fan club, because she's really benefitted from these results.

Hantuchova from Slovakia and ranked 29, won her first title since 2007 in Thailand, then caught a flight to the Gulf. Along the way, she ran down her health.
'I could not even keep track of the score at one point,' said the two-time quarter-finalist. 'It was kind of tough to be focused on the game.'

Hantuchova barely registered in the opening set and trailed 4-1 in the second before receiving medical treatment on court which included a blood pressure reading.
But the 27-year-old soldiered on, staging a mini-comeback to pull to 3-4 before her Russian opponent finally salted away only her second win of the season.

Hantuchova admitted the early loss was a bitter blow after her recent success.
'It is always very emotional when you win a tournament, especially there was no time to rest or anything,' she said.
'We went straight to the airport and flew all night. Yesterday I was trying to recover, but there was just not enough time.'

The experienced campaigner refused to blame WTA scheduling or a crowded calendar for her predicament.
'I was happy to win the tournament there, but of course I wanted to do well here as well,' she said.
'For that I think I would need at least three, four days to get used to. Here the conditions are so different, players arrive so early before the tournament to be ready.
'To expect to get used to it after a 30-minute hit, it is impossible.'

"It felt like I didn't have much energy on the court," she said after requiring on-court treatment. "I was trying and I know the tennis was not very pretty."
"I was trying my best...physically, it was just impossible today."

Hantuchova after losing in Dubai confessed that she felt fatigue and exhaustion "after the title in Pattaya I had virtually no time to rest. Even on Sunday we moved to Dubai and we flew all night. On Monday, I tried to recharge and regenerate new forces, but could not. Today was very difficult for me to concentrate on the game. sete In the first moments I did not even know what the score is. "
@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 17:48 

Local Time:
Doubles draw:
MDD.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2011 19:30 

Local Time:
I think it is slightly worrying that she was so out of it today-I mean she couldn't have realistically asked for a better run to the title in Pattaya,with all matches won in straight sets and 3 absolute massacres,but then today's performance which was rather embarrassing. She has successfully pulled off long periods of sustained high quality tennis before(thinking in particular of her Bali/Calcutta/Luxembourg run in 2007) so today's collapse was rather dispiriting.

Unfortunately she may have to drop Pattaya next year-I don't think she can continue to have these first round defeats in important events. :|

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. February 2011 00:27 

Local Time:
I wouldn't mind if dani lost or pulled out of doubles. She should go to Doha straight away, celebrate Pattaya, relax, get used to the conditions and I'm sure she will be a threat to a top seed. I hate to think what a healthy, confident Daniela could've done here, no Kvitova, could've beaten pusher :lol: maybe even had a good match against Li in quaters. But oh well..... she needs to do well next week because she needs to defend 200 points in monterrey so getting over that she probably needs to make at least a semi?

But I'm glad she lost now I can study properly for a week :lol:

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. February 2011 01:02 

Local Time:
Order of Play Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Court 7 (from 13.00hrs)
1. Jans/Rosolska vs. Mattek-Sands/Shaughnessy
2. Llagostera Vives/Rodionova vs. Hantuchova/A.Radwanska
3. Dulgheru/Sfar vs. Kondratieva/Lefèvre

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. February 2011 13:17 

Local Time:
doubles: 6-2 , 3-2 for Daniela and Agnieszka at the moment

think it's good for daniela to play some doubles matches!

4-3, 4-4, 4-5 and 4-6 2nd set to L. Vives/Radionova

so champions tb: 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, 4-2, 5-2, 5-3, 5-4, 6-4, 7-4, 8-4, 9-4 ,9-5, 9-6 and 10-6 to daniela and agnieszka :mrgreen: :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next