Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:14 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 16:52
daniela can hold to 7-6....

0-15, 15-15, 30-15, 40-15 , and shit.. 7-7

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:17 

Local Time:
Why the fuck has daniela gone off the court for toilet break now...so stupid

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:19 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 15:52
Why the fuck has daniela gone off the court for toilet break now...so stupid
when you gotta go, you gotta go..

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:25 

Local Time:
so 7-7, daniela serving... 0-15, 15-15, 15-30, 15-40, 30-40, and 7-8... :|

and 9-7... :cry:

Last edited by Patti1989 on 17. January 2011 07:30, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:25 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 09:52
Should have went down the line there.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:26 

Local Time:
totally stupid to leave the court, shes never won a match doing that and she never will

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:28 

Local Time:
this is going too fast now :(

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:31 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 11:52
So, this is it. A hard fought match, dozens of wasted oportunities... same old same old...

Didnt think her AO would end so soon.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:33 

Local Time:
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

That one's going to hurt. Badly.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:38 

Local Time:
I couldn't watch the last game. So sad. After all her hard work getting back to fitness to lose in that manner really isn't fair. Tennis is a cruel game. It's times like this where I wonder why I follow tennis at all. The end of the day daniela was 4-1 up in the 3rd with points to go 5-1 so this loss really shouldn't have happened injured or not. Rest well daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 07:47 

Local Time:
This sucks. I feel absolutely shattered and numb. Fair play to Kulikova, she played well at the end but this is one that Daniela should have won but she didn't take her chances. She had game points in all the service games she got broken in in the third, apart from the last one. If she'd won any of these games she'd have won. She also got screwed by the line calls, some of which were shocking, the call when Daniela had BP at 4-3 in the third and Kulikova put the ball wide was a disgrace and if Daniela had won it, she'd have won the match. I can't believe the third court at a slam doesn't have Hawkeye. Normally Daniela comes through these marathon matches, but she faded after the match went over 3 hours and her shots lacked the pace and penetration they'd had earlier while Kulikova was dictating more. I wonder about her shoulder because I don't think she was recovered from that and also the effect this will have on her achilles.

This has got to be devastating to Daniela, physically and mentally, and one that will take a while for her to get over. It's tough to find silver linings or positives right now but Daniela's come through adversity in the past, she'll do so again.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 14:37 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 01:52
This is bitterly disappointing. Melbourne is the one chance i get to see Daniela in the flesh and i wasn't able to make it today because i had work... i was hoping she'd at least make it to Wednesday's play.

I can't remember a season where Daniela's started off with two loses... this really doesn't bode well.

I could only watch the online scores from work... but it seemed like there were a lot of missed opportunities - sentiments shared by a lot of the members of this forum.

It's less disheartening to remember that Daniela is coming off an injury, but this really seemed like a match she should have won, line calls and achilles tendons aside.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier III Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 15:10 

Local Time:
2011 = 0% of victories...

I think it's gonna be a really bad season :oops:

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 18:37 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 10:52
Honestly not sure what to say...should she have won...yes...did she beat herself...kind of. I didn't have many expectations going into the AO with the recent injury. I watched the match yesterday and Dani should have won in two sets, but tennis is a tough game, a diff shot here and there and its a whole other match. I will say the bad call on BP when Dani would have served it out was just terrible. Dani is a tour veteran and she has to learn to put this stuff behind her, she needs to focus on what she can control. I will say that it doesn't appear that she is enjoying herself on court anymore. Makes me wonder if all the years on tour are catching up to her, time will tell. She just needs to focus and prepare for the remainder of the season. Not too many points to defend between now and Roland Garros, just 4th round Miami and SF in Charleston.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2011 19:22 

Local Time:

"The foot was now properly tested and survived it, which I look forward to: I did not know what to expect this year's Australian Open and I did not go here with big eyes, because a few weeks ago was not at all certain that I can start with Melbourne. I lacked Wrestling certainty, this year I perform an a few matches, which are fully reflected in the significant moments of the duel with Kulikovovou."

"I did not have to rely on what and although there were chances, I missed them. Maybe I could play a little bolder. I wish I had the backlog in the third set 4-1 lead. SUPERKOV then began to take risks and unbelievable to the burn. I was a little startled, I stopped playing actively and ending finally be top rival. There were now more contested the judge's verdict in my detriment, that still look at dvd-info be retrieved. Even this, however, belongs to the tennis. I can not to make excuses," said Hantuchova.

In the next few days doliečiť wants it to be available in early February Fed Cup captain Matej Liptov citizens to match first round World Group against the Czech Republic in Bratislava NTC.

"In Australia there are good physiotherapists and a few days in Melbourne has certainly redeem for treatment. I hope in Fed Cup I am completely fit. Until then I will not have me start at any tournament," said Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

I just hope that Daniela can rest up. I think that what's been affecting more than the achilles injury has been the back and shoulder injuries which have been lingering for while - she skipped Linz and Bali in 2009 citing a back injury and she was hampered by a back injury at Indian Wells - but which have hampered her and are affecting her performances.

You can look at Daniela's performances over the last year and basically divide it into three phases: Australia to Fed Cup v Serbia, Fed Cup through to Tokyo, and Tokyo to present.

Daniela was playing so well at the start of last year and her performances in Miami, Charleston and the Fed Cup was her best tennis in years. I feel she played the Fed Cup injured, especially when she had to play the doubles that she wouldn't have had to play if Rybarikova had been able to get a ball in court. I do feel the tie and especially having to play doubles took a lot out of her. Her performances and results did slip after that and she faded in a few of her matches. Admittedly, she had chances and advantages in most of these matches that she didn't take and she definitely wasn't helped by a series of tough draws. Zahalavova Strycova apart, all the players that beat Daniela were ranked higher than her or had a winning record against her. Generally, between Rome and the US Open, Daniela played well enough to beat the players that she should beat and had some good runs at Roland Garros and San Diego, although she lost matches that were winnable. But it was taking good players to beat her.

Daniela suffered a serious shoulder injury against Date Krumm in Tokyo when she was up a set and lost all the remaining games before she retired. Since then her results and performances haven't been very good and she's lost to a lot of players that she'd normally be able to beat easily when fit and confident.

Retrospectively, it's looking like a bad decision to have played Beijing she played there injured and almost certainly made the shoulder worse and her performances and results since have generally been well below par, certainly compared with her performances at the start of last year. It was touch and go whether she's play Beijing or not and if she'd had a harder opening round she probably wouldn't have played there but she got a good draw against Hercog, who was on a losing streak at the time and that Daniela felt she'd be able to beat and defend her points. Since Beijing Daniela's has really struggled and she's been beaten by Schnyder who Daniela always beats when she's on form; Kerber, who Daniela had already beaten twice in 2010; she was thrashed by Kleybanova who she'd beaten in San Diego and she's lost both her matches this year. As her injuries get worse and pile up, the same goes with her losses.

Shit happens, every player loses matches they should have won, just look at Clijsters in Sydney, and Daniela's bounced back and shown great resilience and determination in adversity but she'd having to contend with all sorts of injuries and physical ailments that, foot injury apart, she didn't have to before. It's heartbreaking, I just want to give Daniela a hug and tell her things are going to be okay.

The important thing is that Daniela gets fit and healthy, when she does, she'll do well.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next