Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Brisbane International, Brisbane
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 00:37 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 00:34
Daniela on FB

Unfortunately I've had to pull out from my first tournament of the year due to a left Achilles strain that happened over Christmas. I did all I could to play here, which I was really looking forward to since I love playing in Brisbane, but it was just impossible. I'm getting treatments every day and hopefully will be ready for Sydney. With this kind of injury patience is needed, which is kind of tough to accept...

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 01:23 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 17:34
Strain is much, much better than a tear so that's reassuring at least.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 03:22 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 19:34
Damn, this is not the best star for the year. I really hope she rests and lets her injury heal, even if that means to lose some of the main events. Last year fitness was an issue that hindered her performance quite a bit. She needs to be very sure when to start competing, I really want her to be able to try her hardest.

Get well soon, danka!

ps: So, she is indeed using Volkl, interesting.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 12:38 

Local Time:
I had an achilles strain/partial tear once. It does hurt like hell!!! But... no surgery needed!
Just had to relax and not play sport for 4-7 days and haven't felt a thing since! has been over a year now and I haven't had any problems with it! She will be fine just dont play if it really hurts, just take a week off!!!
She will play maybe even sydney and should definetly play aussie open.
Good luck. (I have foot problems! patience is needed.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :lol: :lol: :P :D

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 14:50 

Local Time:
ps: So, she is indeed using Volkl, interesting.

Hope she will play better with that volkl! :)

Hantuchova moves from rockets to mark Prince Völkl

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova moves from Prince to rocket Völkl products company. Unofficial rumors from several foreign websites (such as Tennis Warehouse) and fan forums confirmed the agency SITA person from near 27-year native of Poprad. But change is not yet contractually caught.

Hantuchova on medical grounds - for problems with calf and Achilles tendon - will miss out on next week's WTA tournament in Melbourne, Australia, but its start in Sydney and the Melbourne Grand Slam Australian Open (January 17 to 30) pre is not compromised.

@ google translate

Everything in life happens for a reason

Last edited by Marek12 on 4. January 2011 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 14:51 

Local Time:
Poor Dani. :( What a rotten way to start the season.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 16:18 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 23:34
btw: Pervak bt Chakvetadze 6-2 6-2

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 18:04 

Local Time:
Pervak thrashed Chakvetadze, Kvitova beat Petrova, and Pennetta has withdrawn (replaced by McHale). All in all after the first round, a relatively easy quarter! And Pavlyuchenkova and Safarova (both beatable) left in the very bottom quarter, and Stosur out in the top half! Shame Daniela couldn't have the opportunity to play and capitalise on this weakish R16/QF field.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 18:07 

Local Time:
Another thing to consider is that Liptak will want Daniela to be fit for the Fed Cup match against Czech Republic at the start of February so he won't want her to risk injury for that. I also think he has a bit more authority and influence than Cuadrado.

Hopefully, the treatment and rest works and Daniela can play in the Australian Open.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 19:22 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 18:34
Pervak thrashed Chakvetadze, Kvitova beat Petrova, and Pennetta has withdrawn (replaced by McHale). All in all after the first round, a relatively easy quarter! And Pavlyuchenkova and Safarova (both beatable) left in the very bottom quarter, and Stosur out in the top half! Shame Daniela couldn't have the opportunity to play and capitalise on this weakish R16/QF field.

You can't really look at it that, yes the field opened up but that's no reason to risk further injury.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 19:35 

Local Time:

You can't really look at it that, yes the field opened up but that's no reason to risk further injury.

I wasn't suggesting that Daniela should have played. I was merely pointing out that had she been fit she could have potentially had a very good tournament.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. January 2011 20:31 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 17:34

I wasn't suggesting that Daniela should have played. I was merely pointing out that had she been fit she could have potentially had a very good tournament.

I think all of us watching the tournament share the same feeling that Daniela could have had a great run but that is water over the dam. She made the correct decision. Oh well.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. January 2011 05:14 

Local Time:
Is Dani playing in sydney??? :!: :!: :!: :? :shock: :? :shock: :| :| :?:

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

hellene fan
PostPosted: 6. January 2011 16:35 

Local Time:
i dont know from injuries.sounds to me serious at least and in danger for her carrer.
please only confirmed infos

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. January 2011 17:34 

Local Time:
Daniela's not in the qualifiers for Sydney so unless she gets a wildcard she won't be playing before the Australian Open. Everyone wants her to get well and be playing but the most important thing is that she comes back when she's ready and fully recovered and fit.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next