Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, Bali
PostPosted: 5. November 2010 15:45 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 00:34
What's the coach been saying to her?
I dont remember it now, but he was telling her before serving the first set something like:

"You are playing good. Just swing those legs. Dont make up very much... Forget about what happened until now. Just focus at this service game... Dont hesitate to hit the 2nd serve..."

Then similar things like: "When you are 15:0 30:15, try to go for the lines. Dont make up very much, try to hit it, you are rippling it too much... A lot of serves goes to your body." and something about timing...

or something like that. Dont remember it too much. And sorry for my English :D

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. November 2010 17:44 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 23:34
A solid win for Daniela, and a winnable next match, although Kleybanova thrashed Rezai and seems to be playing well again.
... Rezai will finally lose her extremely inflated ranking (600-odd points will come off from this time last year).

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. November 2010 18:58 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 18:34
How many points does Dani get for making the semis?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. November 2010 19:18 

Local Time:
A good win by Daniela. It's nice that she was able to win the match on a tiebreak as she hadn't won too many of them lately. It would have been great if she'd been able to keep the break she had in the second set but Daniela stayed strong and got the job done in the tiebreak.

"Technically I was playing the right way, except the end when I got tight and it got close," Hantuchova said. "Fortunately for me I managed to close it out."

Hantuchova, a finalist in Bali when it was held as a regular WTA event before last year, was asked about doing so well here. "It's so relaxing. It's a beautiful place and I enjoy coming back every time. I also have nothing to lose here; I'm here as a wildcard, so every win is a good one for me."

"I thought it was a very high level match," said Hantuchova after her fifth victory in five matches against the Belgian. "Yanina was playing very well, as she always does, and again I was proud to keep my winning record against her. It was tough at times but I kept calm and kept going for the right shots. It’s important on this surface to be very tactically smart. It helped to know that I have beaten her in the past but you still have to focus and perform well on the day. In this tournament I have nothing to lose. Every win for me is great."
@ Bali website.

"The high quality match I've shown a cleverly tactically, what is on the fast surface important - it is a good first strike to gain dominance in the exchange, but should not be hasty. It was balanced and we are both now very desire to succeed. I am glad that I have finally reached me. Hold me good service and I was moving," said D. Hantuchova in the first interview still on the court.
Hantuchova after triumphing over Wickmayer shine satisfaction. "I am very happy that I managed to win and advance to the semifinals. At least I have to finish the season to correct an impression. Our today's duel with Wickmayer have a better level than at Roland Garros. Areola in Bali is terribly fast and is very important and well-administered return. by a majority of the first two balls, and when it hits a rival good, hard to deal with it can do something. The state of 5:4 in the second set came out a few Wickmayer return and forced a tie-break, the conclusion I However, I can do better," said Hantuchova, who is happy that the cooperation with the new personal trainer Liptov citizens started winning.

"It is great that we have with Maťom at the outset to win. The whole week we worked in a responsible, although it is one end of the season and already feel tired. In addition, all players were available to only one court. Maťo has managed very well and motivates me to help his advice. reminded we get together winning Fed Cup match against Wickmayer of Bratislava NTC in 2009," said Hantuchova, who is waiting to Klejbanovovej even more difficult struggle.

"Alisa is bombardérka and extremely fast surface suits him. It is truly special and often laugh at what are erratic bounce balls. Alisa today shattered Rezaiovú defended her title, so it will be tough. I played past the quarterfinals, so not much time to rest, but I firmly believe that I can gain new energy," said Hantuchova, which thrive on Bali.
"I played really good here, there is a beautiful environment. I am glad that it is at this scenic spot I can finish the season."

Whatever their other results in this tournament, which will certainly play two more duels, Hantuchova is at 8 November once again become a Slovak unit when the internal top ranking after two weeks succeeding Dominika Cibulkova. Currently, overall figures for 31 place, said one 30th countrywoman position. SITA agency confirmed the conversion on the next week, Kevin Fischer Tennis Association women.
@ google translation.

Thanks for the translation of what Liptak was saying, Marek.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. November 2010 19:24 

Local Time:
How many points does Dani get for making the semis?

Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova in the semis, the Tournament šampiónok on the Indonesian island of Bali (grant $ 600,000). In the first quarter-final Cycling in the opening game under new coach Matthias personal Lipták defeated fourth wear a Belgian Yani Wickmayer for 1:53 h 6:4, 7:6 (5) and after two weeks will again become Slovak unit. On Monday, the WTA world rankings surpass Dominika Cibulkova.

Due process between the elite quartet has already Hantuchova same 165 points and $ 60,000 premium. Certainly remain in Bali until Sunday, when the program is final and match for third place.
@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. November 2010 19:56 

Local Time:
Order of Play:

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Centre Court (from 14.00hrs)
1. Kimiko Date Krumm vs. Ana Ivanovic
2. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Alisa Kleybanova (NB 16.00hrs)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 12. November 2010 13:44 

Local Time:
|17. May 2024| 09:34
Pretty disappointing end to the season... although i'm not sure i could have stomached a loss to Ivanovic in the final. Maybe we were all saved a bit of extra pain

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. November 2010 14:37 

Local Time:
Last couple of matches sucked but Daniela got some nice ranking points from this. Date Krumm has beaten a lot of very good players recently while Kleybanova only lost to quality players this year and the fast surface suited her game but it's disappointing that Daniela couldn't do better.

Daniela's back in the top 30 and she's the Slovak no. 1 again.

Some interviews with Daniela and Liptak:

Hantuchova wanted to say goodbye to the season victorious, but defeat did not Dateovou Krummovou tragically. "It was also more relaxed than in other matches, because it still was not much longer. The start was slower on my part, but gradually I was playful and I think audiences saw a nice tennis and lots of interesting exchanges. I tried it on the court take and work on things that I want to improve. Kimiko To match may be slightly different charge. was motivated, because next week it is still awaiting the Asian Games. She played very well, wonderfully varied. pity that I failed to tighten the first set to successful conclusion, but this defeats do not do any science," she said.

Experienced tennis player raised a total withdrawal of Bali satisfaction. "Making the semifinals is a good result. I am glad that I managed a difficult game against Yani Wickmayer. In Bali I competed with the free card and I had nothing to lose here. It was not easy at the end of the season to overcome the mental and pull it even a week, in this direction helped me a lot Mato Liptak. In Bali, although it was only a small world championships, but met here extremely strong competition, the level was really high. I am delighted that I'm at the end of improved status in the world rankings and the inaugural Grand Slam tournament The new season will the Australian Open wearing. It's completely different than when you nenasadená and once in the opening round you lot in the way of any favoritiek."

@ google transaltion.

"I need a moment off, doing absolutely nothing and in particular to put in order to shoulder, so I will leave the course of the next run after the doctor. Since the current priority number one is all unwound. Then I'll start with fitness training and other adds to this," said Daniela Hantuchova SITA after losing to Japanese Kimiko Dateovou-Krummovou the match for third place on the" competition "event Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, where both played with the free card.

The former World No. Five Hantuchova followed up from November cooperation with Fed Cup captain representation Mathias Liptov citizens: "With Maťom are already very familiar with the Law of the Fed Cup matches, I always in great help to them. The advantage is that starting from scratch. I need a little off now and ever not to think about tennis, but I am looking forward to continuing our cooperation. We have a tough job and certainly would not be easy, but that's about it. I still have a great motivation. I hope I will succeed in the new season."

"I certainly appreciate the very Fed Cup victory over Serb Jelena Jankovic . It was a lot of nice matches, but also those that did not meet me and I have read that I should win them. Overall, therefore, it was 50:50 so, that year in order - nothing particularly fantastic, but I think bad. I am glad that I have to end here in Bali has improved impression. "

The showdown with 40-year old Japanese veteran Dateovou-Krummovou (twice 5:7) Hantuchova said: "It was close. Beginning came out a little, I was in it to be unnecessarily cautious. Then it was very balanced. I can not this game first enjoyed, I still was not a lot. I think that viewers have come to his, which was key. Now I'm happy that it's the end of the season and finally I can turn off, relax."

The whole performance in Indonesia Hantuchova considered mainly due to the success of Friday's quarter finals against Belgian Yani Wickmayer satisfactory: "It was incredibly strong tournament. The fact that it marked a small championship level was very, very high and challenging competition. Reaching the semifinals would therefore appreciate . The first game I went. It was not easy even to encourage, because it was a long year. Maťo This helped me and I'm glad I went here. I have the charts and insure I jump from the deployment of the Australian Open, which is important."
@ google translation.

According Lipták Bali was good test for Hantuchova

Slovak tennis coach Matt Liptak šampióniek experienced in the tournament on the Indonesian island of Bali debut in the role of personal coach to Daniela Hantuchova.

Small World as a good test before the start of preparations for the new season. The following year it is common to Lipták Hantuchova and return to the elite of the world's twenty - with an experienced representative from the elite right now bucked thirtieth and returned to the post of the SR unit.

"I am very pleased that we can still go to Bali ... this has met very strong competition and it certainly gave me a better picture of what we have to work to do. Daniel well know already from the Fed Cup, but individual tournaments are something completely different. Daniela is a great workhorse and a pro. I believe that together we can find the right path to good results. tournament at Bali was a good experience for us, especially in such beautiful surroundings," said Liptak, who is the master slovenského Fed Cup team.

Lipták most pleased with the performance in the opening match against Belgian Yani Wickmayer.

The inaugural Grand Slam event of 2011, the Australian Open in Melbourne, will feature amongst Hantuchova deployed toys.

"I am pleased that Daniel has established in Bali in comfort. Notably, the first sete played courageously, and at the right moment, it is important always hold the service. In the second act a little complicated the situation, but won a tie-break, thanks to the great patience and militancy in his favor," Liptak said.

In semifinal play came 3:6, 1:6 with Russian Aliso Klejbanovovou, whose ultra-fast surface in Bali very saddles.

"Russia made in meeting this great performance. From the beginning Daniel still managed to have the game under control, but over time it ceased to hold a rival service was becoming increasingly aggressive. Nevynútených did a minimum of errors and better served, which decided on its triumph ..."

In a duel for third place Hantuchova lost to 40-year Japanese Kimiko Dateovou Krummovou 5:7, 5:7.

"In the first game" Daniele almost succeeded turnover, although they replayed 0:4. Started very carefully and produced a lot nevynútených errors, which also experienced a very fast playing rival use. But then Daniel started playing more aggressive, more began to dictate the exchange. improved service, and return zagresívnila zakončovala lot of balls for good attacks on the network. Unfortunately, the state no longer 5:5 play aggressively and it became the first set. The second half was how to swing, decided greater power is constant adversary," he said Liptak.
@ google translation.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3