Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, Bali
PostPosted: 30. October 2010 18:37 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 13:03
Dates: November 4-7, 2010image
Venue: Bali, Indonesia
Tier: International
Prize Money: $600,000
Surface: Hard/Indoors
Tournament Director: Kevin Livesey

Official Website: www.commbanktennis.com

2009 Performance: Did not play.

Singles:
QF: [WC] Daniela Hantuchova bt [4] Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 6-4 7-6(5)
SF: Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) bt [WC] Daniela Hantuchova 6-3 6-1
3rd/4th: Kimiko Date Krumm (JPN) bt Daniela Hantuchova 7-5 7-5

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, Bali
PostPosted: 30. October 2010 18:40 

Local Time:
Players:

1. Na Li (China) winner of AEGON Classic, Birmingham (in July)
2. Aravane Rezai (France) winner of Collector Swedish Open Women, Bastad (in July)
3. Yanina Wickmayer (Belgium) winner of ASB Classic Auckland (in January)
4. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (Russia) winner of Monterrey Open (in March)
5. Ana Ivanovic (Serbia) winner of Generali Ladies in Linz (in October)
6. Alisa Kleybanova (Russia) winner of Golden Horses Health Sanctuary Malaysian Open (in February)
7. Daniela Hantuchova (Slovakia) wild card
8. Kimiko Date-Krumm (Japan) wild card

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 30. October 2010 19:25 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 14:03
Why they changed this to knockout is beyond me..

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 31. October 2010 06:36 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 23:03
Not sure what to expect from Daniela here...

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 31. October 2010 12:29 

Local Time:
is in knockout mode? that means only 7 matches... :shock:

This tournament is strange. The "real" WTA champs are almost over, but the season isn't. Somehow I have the feeling that Bali isn't a worthy tournament of champions, but just some kind of epilog :?

Anyway good luck Danka :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. November 2010 09:33 

Local Time:
Draw:

Li vs date krumm

Ivanovic vs pavlyuchenkova

Wickmayer vs Hantuchova

Kleybanova vs Rezai

Pretty decent draw. Lots of points on offer. Go for it!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. November 2010 13:12 

Local Time:
Its OK, but who knows...

I was looking forward to see at least two matches. But it can be one only... because of the new system :/

Daniela fight some more points, please!

Maybe her new trainer will cheer her up.

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 2. November 2010 18:54 

Local Time:
The new format isn't great. I wasn't keen on last year's four round-robin groups with three players in each either; they should have just used the Doha format, and maybe removed the semi-finals stage which would have meant a total of 13 matches instead of just 7, which barely qualifies as a tennis tournament. Still, Daniela has a decent draw in that she hasn't been drawn against Pavlyuchenkova or Li, and could make it through to the final if she plays well. Rezai is defending champion but her form hasn't been anything special recently, and Wickmayer and Kleybanova are both beatable. A poor first match from Daniela though would probably result in a loss to Wickmayer.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. November 2010 20:03 

Local Time:
It's a pretty decent draw for Daniela as she's always beaten Wickmayer and Wickmayer's recent form isn't very good. She won an ITF event in Belgium but she's lost her last four matches on the tour.

Rezai's isn't playing well either. Kleybanova won Seoul and most of her losses this year have been to top players. Daniela beat her the last time they played in San Diego.

A lot depends on how healthy and focused Daniela is. If she's fit and confident, she can do well here and end 2010 on a high note.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 2. November 2010 20:04 

Local Time:
Order of Play

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Centre Court (from 17.30hrs)
1. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs. Ana Ivanovic
2. Li Na vs. Kimiko Date Krumm (NB 20.00hrs)

Friday, November 5, 2010

Centre Court (from 17.30hrs)
1. Alisa Kleybanova vs. Aravane Rezai
2. Daniela Hantuchova vs. Yanina Wickmayer (NB 20.00hrs)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 3. November 2010 12:16 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 23:03
Daniela's form has been pretty average lately, but she should be confident against Yanina...

Good chance to finish the season with a flourish.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. November 2010 02:26 

Local Time:
This should be a fun tournament for Daniela, not many matches. But horrible format...... just use Doha format. Either way she has a fantastic draw :D

Finally the tennis is around the 5 hour radius of Australian time. We are three hours in front of Bali. Still though her match is at 8pm on friday which means 11pm!!! not happy. :x :evil: :twisted: :cry: :!: :o

One tournament until it's Aus Open series!!! yaya. Then after that Indian wells. Great chance to pick up points there. :!: Also I am going to Aus Open 2 days next year when Dani's playing. :!: :!: :!: So excited, will try and get photo of her and me. This year I got my program signed by her. BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE! will upload and show you it. If you want me to sign something for you I will try. Like, to daniela hantuchova forum for fans love Daniela??

That would be soo cool. :!: If you want a personal message, inbox me. Maybe we could arrange something?

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 4. November 2010 11:41 

Local Time:
A pavs out YESSS Ana bet Pavlyuchenkova 6-0 6-1 hahaha that's what you get defeating Dani too much.
Wish Dani played this match. Ana played solid but didn't play outstandingly good tennis. APav was erroring every shot hahaha poor girl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"My new years resolution is to be a better person and help others as much as I can."
- Daniela Hantuchova[/color]

6 Career titles:
Indian Wells 2002
Indian Wells 2007
Linz, Austria 2007
Pattaya City 2011
Pattaya City 2012
Birmingham 2013

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2010 18:34 

Local Time:
They've introduced a third/fourth place play-off now! This tournament is becomming a bit of a joke. It's like they don't quite know what to do with it. I really think Bali should be kept as an International tournament and they should scrap the Tournament of Champions concept. Although for now Daniela is in the draw and there is a good chance of some serious ranking points so I'll make my peace with it...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. November 2010 20:21 

Local Time:
Liptak: "The match with Wickmayer go confidently"
04.11.2010 16:40

Daniela Hantuchova.
Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova come on Friday at 13.00 CET in the 'selection' events Tournament of Champions in Bali first quarter finals match wheel Yani against Wickmayer. If in the fifth battle each other with this Belgian woman will have the upper hand, it becomes old-new national unit. If unsuccessful, the season ends for her.

"I appreciate that I was again approached. It is a pleasant event at the end of the season, a little longer and relax," said D. Hantuchova, when it was known to take a free card from the organizers.

"It certainly is so malleable that we should prepare for this tournament 'nemakali'," he said in this context, a new personal trainer Poprad native Matt Liptak in Thursday's interview, either directly from the so-called theater. Small Cup WTA Tour and said: "The preparation started in Bratislava, there lasted one week. Over the weekend we moved to Bali, everything has evolved substantially in accordance with the ideas and possibilities. Perhaps the only minor problem was that all eight players' bar had to rotate in one court. Perhaps it would be included practice playing more, but it could not be. The surface is pretty fast, also 'soap'. Adaptation will require a few days, for each subscriber is not the same."

Liptak, debuted last year in office Fed Cup captain against Belgian law, if the NTC Hantuchova defeated Wickmayer 7-6 (2), 6-3. The coach stated: "I know very well rival that of the Fed meeting, as well as tournaments. We know what we can expect from it. We'll see how it handles Daniela, but certainly we are going into this game confident."

At the outset, this event raised a stir on Thursday, former leader of the world rankings Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, which allowed Ruske Anastasia Pavľučenkovovej only one gem, and it has a state of 6:0, 5:0. "It's just now watch on television Dateovej-end meeting Krummovej with Na Li. He Ivanovic match I've seen. therefore I do not know how to embrace Pavľučenkovová, but I watched the Serb showed well in workouts, so I am not too surprised,"said M. Liptak.

Ivanovic in Saturday's semifinal meeting with the 40-year old Japanese veteran Dateovou-Krummovou. Successful in a duel against Hantuchova will face the winner of Wickmayer battle against Russian Anastasia Klejbanovovej advocate Aravane Rezaiovej trophy from France.
@ google translation.

DATE-KRUMM DANIELA HANTUCHOVA PARTICIPATES IN A RITUAL CEREMONY

Nusa Dua, 4 November 2010, The Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions that will start this afternoon (4/11) held a Temple Ceremony at the Pura Taman, Grand Hyatt Bali. Two of the wild card players, Kimiko Date-Krumm and Daniela Hantuchova took part in the ritual ceremony. The tennis players were accompanied by Angelique Widjaja and the Director of Retail and Business Banking Commonwealth Bank, Mr. Ian Whitehead.

The players looked elegant in the Balinese traditional attire during the prayer. The ritual was conducted by the priest, Pemangku Jero Made Rebit together with his son, Pemangku Sukayasa in a ritual that consisted of 5 phases. The ceremony was to pray to the Almighty God, Ida Sanghyang Widhi Wasa for health, good fortune and success.

The prayers commenced with “Tangan Puyung”, followed by offerings of flowers, first using the red flower dedicated to Sang Betara Surya (The Sun God), second using the “Kuangen” dedicated to the Gods guarding the Pura Taman Temple, third a mix of colourful flowers dedicated to Sang Betara Samadaya (The God of the Universe). The prayers was concluded once again with “Tangan Puyung”. Just before the ritual ended, the players and attendees were blessed with holy water and “bija”, all of which is a symbol of unity to the Almighty God Ida Sanghyang Widhi Wasa.

During the prayers, Date-Krumm prayed for the tournament to run smoothly
@ Bali website

Participatory worship, Hantuchova Inspired Movies 'Eat, Pray, Love'
Mohammad Resha Pratt - detiksport

Nusa Dua - For Daniela Hantuchova, following the Hindu ritual of worship is the first experience for him. Hantuchova want to try it because it is inspired from the film 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

Kimiko Date Krumm Hantuchova together so two players who perform rituals Persembayan Together at Temple Taman Sari, Grand Hyatt, Nusa Dua, on Thursday (04/11/2010) afternoon PST. This is the off-court event that was held in the framework of the four Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions (CBTC) 2010.

Before entering the temple, Hantuchova diciprati holy water by local stakeholders temple named Rabit and Sukayasa. Afterward they sat in the courtyard at the temple and listen to any instructions from stakeholders Sukayasa.

The first ritual is performed is Hand Puyung or open a prayer together. Afterward Hantuchova was awarded the Red Flower symbol Betara prayer to Surya or the Sun God. Thereafter perform the ritual prayer kuangen at the local temple watchman.

The fourth rite is pelted Hantuchova colorful flowers as a sign of gratitude to Betara Samadya Universe. After approximately 30 minutes to do the ritual, Hantuchova performs puyung hands as a sign of farewell to the temple.

Recognised tennis player from Slovakia, the ritual was doing this time to bring peace to his soul. He was very interested to follow the Hindu custom of this event because he never saw the film 'Eat, Pray, Love' which aired in theaters some time ago. The film, starring Julia Roberts took the scen e, one of them, are on the island of Bali.

"This is my first experience doing this kind of ritual. I was inspired film Eat, Pray, Love, would I want to try out this ritual. It turns out this ritual can calm the heart and makes me feel peaceful," said Hantuchova told reporters after doing Persembayan Together.

But when asked if Hantuchova had prayed for "assistance" so that he can win tomorrow's match against Yanina Wickmayer. Female 27 years it was a short answer. "I do not want to comment about that," Hantuchova straightforward. (Mrp / Roz)
@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova Inspired 'Eat Pray Love'

REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, NUSA DUA - The film 'Eat Pray Love' which turned out to inspire the feel of Balinese origin Slovakian tennis player Daniela Hantuchova to try to pray at the temple.

Together with Japanese tennis player Kimiko Date Krumm who will compete on Thursday night (4 / 11), Daniela and former national tennis player Indonesian Angelique Widjaja, took pray at Pura Taman Sari, Grand Hyatt, Bali.

"I have four here (Bali) but have never tried (to pray at the temple), I wanted to try it," said Daniela who will start the tournament 'Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions 2010' to fight Belgian Yanina Wickmayer.

"I watched the movie` Eat Pray Love ', and now I can feel what I see," said Daniela after attending prayers led by the Savior Made Mangku Rebit.

Although not want to mention prayer dipanjatkannya, Daniela who was wearing a white kebaya with Balinese cloth, claim to feel peace prayers along the procession takes place.

While Kimiko who was also the first time attended the prayers at the temple, said prayers for health, careers, and the match he will face.

Kimiko said, although the procedures do pray that different from those made in his country, but he believes the essence remains the same. "The way is different but I believe in it together," said the tennis player who appeared in Bali with the wildcard facility. @ google translation.

VIVAnews - Daniela Hantuchova will close games the second day of the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Championship 2010. The blonde from Slovakia will face Belgian, Yanina Wickmayer, at the Indoor Hall Court Nusa Dua, Bali International Convention Centre, Nusa Dua, Bali, Friday, November 5, 2010.
"I do not expect anything, just the best," said Hantuchova.

"This year will be a difficult tournament because the participants are far more powerful. Ranked they are also still in the range of 11-40 over the world."
@ google translation.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next