Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Generali Ladies Linz
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 18:53 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 18:55
omg, shes losing it again :o :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

4:5

Schnyder will be serving for the set... :/

Everything in life happens for a reason

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 18:56 

Local Time:
:eeek:

:wall: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Last edited by Marek12 on 15. October 2010 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 18:57 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 17:55
error error error error....
6-4 6-4

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 18:58 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 13:55
Extremely dissapointing loss... really. Daniela should call it for the year. Her body and her mind are not there, regroup and come back stronger in 2011

Last edited by Helio on 15. October 2010 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 19:00 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 12:55
Extremely dissapointing loss... really. Daniela should call it for the year. Her body and her mind is not there, regroup and come back stronger in 2011

I couldn't agree more. She just needs to take some time off. Its disappointing as she was playing very well at some points. Her mind doesn't seem to be totally in it these days.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 19:04 

Local Time:
I couldn't agree more. She just needs to take some time off. Its disappointing as she was playing very well at some points. Her mind doesn't seem to be totally in it these days. Come on,the reason why her mind wasn't there was posted at the start of this thread. It was a decent enough tournament given everything that's gone wrong for her lately.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 19:10 

Local Time:
I couldn't agree more. She just needs to take some time off. Its disappointing as she was playing very well at some points. Her mind doesn't seem to be totally in it these days. Come on,the reason why her mind wasn't there was posted at the start of this thread. It was a decent enough tournament given everything that's gone wrong for her lately.

I'm sorry but I don't think losing to over the hill Schnyder is acceptable. Especially when she's beat her 5 times in a row. While her recent break up certainly has had an impact on her, she doesn't seem like she's having fun out there these days.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 19:22 

Local Time:
Well she lost to the even more over the hill Date-Krumm in Japan. You will have to accept that Panichi was extremely important to her,and give her some time to recover.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 21:05 

Local Time:
LINZ, Austria -- Patty Schnyder defeated second-seeded Daniela Hantuchova 6-4, 6-4 on Friday to reach her third semifinal of the season at the Generali Ladies.

Schnyder will play Andrea Petkovic for a place in Sunday's final.

The Swiss took advantage of a sub-par performance by the 30th-ranked Hantuchova, who had 25 errors from the baseline.

While I was critical of Dani before I wouldn't call her performance today, sub-par. Just a few bad spots mixed in with some great tennis.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 22:26 

Local Time:
I expected a win today but then Schnyder can put in some good performances and if Daniela wasn't at her best then it's going to be a tough match-up. Daniela has typically played some of her best tennis in the past five meetings between these two, including the win in Linz a few years ago, which is why she's come out top.
To be honest I think she could well have lost to Petkovic in the next round, so I don't see this as a missed opportunity of reaching a tour final.
Luxembourg next week. I think she would have been best missing both Linz and Luxembourg and getting the wildcard for Bali, and then she would have had about four weeks off. Instead she's tiring and picking up minimal ranking points (70 from Linz). Maybe she'll still take the wildcard for Bali, but then if she puts in a poor performance through fatigue it could be a confidence-reducing (and very late) end to the season.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2010 22:51 

Local Time:
I believe she has already accepted the WC for Bali-she stated that she's going to write a full blog from there. FWIW I don't think she should play any more this season,she's clearly in a very bad place right now. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2010 00:13 

Local Time:
Bah, this sucks.

I missed the match but it seems like Daniela made errors at crucial times and didn't take her opportunities.

Schnyder's a good guide to how well Daniela's playing because when Daniela's in good form like in 2002, 2005-2007 and Miami, then she beats Schnyder, but when Daniela's off-form like in 2003 & 2004, then Schnyder beats her.

At least Daniela got a couple of wins here. I was actually a bit worried that she might have lost to Bondarenko but Daniela got some wins against fairly decent players.

It really does seem that the Fed Cup tie against Serbia took so much out of Daniela, especially as she pushed herself beyond her physical limits. She was in great form from January through to April with some magnificent wins and performances but since then her form and results have gone down and she's been playing hurt. Events in her personal life haven't helped either.

Playing the street tennis was a mistake as it let Schnyder do some scouting.

Hantuchova after losing to Schnyder did not hide its disappointment. "It was one of our classic games. The important conditions like today was a bit distracted, I did easy mistakes which cost me the match. Servovala Patty very wisely and in its administration, I could not get into the correct rhythm, I always šachovala. I did this time too many errors of backhand, forehand turn was better than in previous matches," said Hantuchova, who is wanted in Linz get further than the quarterfinals. "To the elite Eight is ok, but I had to that I can win the whole tournament. Patty but reaffirmed that it knows me, playing very wisely. It's awkward player. Now I go to Luxembourg and then I want to have minpauzu and relax before the tournament champion in Bali, which is such a bonus for me. This tournament I want to enjoy themselves and want to make any pressure," said Hantuchova.
@ google translation.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2010 06:21 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 13:55
I believe she has already accepted the WC for Bali-she stated that she's going to write a full blog from there. FWIW I don't think she should play any more this season,she's clearly in a very bad place right now. :cry:

That is what I think. She needs time to regroup, and Im not talking about tennis. She needs time for herself, to be at home, with friends and family. After she starts to feel better, Im sure her mind will be back on court and more prone to click in with her amazing talent.

Danka, take care of yourself :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2010 07:41 

Local Time:
Please, dont make decisions for her. I think its good Daniela is going to Bali.

Even if she loses it will be a very nice holiday for her! And thats why she wants to go there, I think. There will be very dangerous players all of them.... so I would be satisfied with any win. But the main goal is to rest and have some fun there... in such a nice place, where she clearly is looking forward to go to!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 16. October 2010 11:01 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 11:55
Well said Marek. Couldn't agree more, NO reason to hang it up at this late part of the season.

Play on Daniela.... Good luck!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next