Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 21:41 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 19:26
I believe she's playing Linz this year,maybe she will recapture some of the old magic there. Daniela does seem to enjoy playing at tournaments where she has had success in the past. However it is not enough to create the opportunities,you do have to take them,and Daniela has wasted far too many of them this season.

BTW did anyone see Pavlyuchenkova play this afternoon? Atrocious is too benign a word. How did she beat Daniela 4 times?
Didnt see the whole match, but she had some injuries... Or was she faking it? :/

Everything in life happens for a reason

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 6. September 2010 23:02 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 18:26
Wozniacki beats Sharapova 6-3 6-4 in nearly 2 hours.

That was a battle you rarely see in Women's tennis these days, despite ending in streight sets for Caroline, who is playing amazingly! For Sharapova it was like playing against a wall, every ball comes back, no matter how hard you hit or how tricky you play. And Mashs didn't play bad at all. Yeah, way too many errors and dfs, but 32 winners are ok in 2 sets.

If Wozniacki keeps this level (and her nerves!!), I can't see anyone beating her this week.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2010 01:04 

Local Time:
I've got to say that Stosur-Dementieva and Wozniacki-Shazza were both amazingly good matches.

Dementieva had four MPs but Stosur played amazing tennis every single time to save them and the rallies and shot making from both of them made the match utterly enthralling. In the first set and at the end of the third set Stosur was absolutely incredible.

Wozniacki & Shazza was the immovable object meeting the irresistible force with the immovable object winning. Shazza was blasting the ball all over the court but Caroline was getting absolutely everything back. The contrast of styles and the battle of wills totally engrossing and it was a fantastic match to watch.

Although that was a fourth round match, it really did have the feeling of being a semi as Caroline and Shazza are a class above the other players left in that half of the draw.

I really can't see Dominika Cibulkova doing anything against Caroline. Fair play to Dominika for getting here but she's had so much luck with her draws recently. She was due to play Stosur in Rome but Stosur withdrew so Dominika got a lucky loser instead, she got someone ranked about 950 in Stanford, she got into the New Haven main draw as a lucky loser and played Oudin who's been in terrible form and she played two players outside the top 100 at the US Open. She did fight hard against Kuznetsova and defended well but Kuznetsova blew it. She didn't take her chances, failed to convert so many of the BPs she had, she hit three double faults to give Cibulkova the break back in the first set and let go of a break lead in the second and made loads of errors. Basically, all the things you can't see Wozniacki doing.

Kanepi's in the quarter-final as well, Daniela's beaten her twice in straight sets this year.

Zvonareva just gave Petkovic an absolute beasting. I think that Petkovic used up all her energy doing the funky chicken - or was it the birdy dance- after beating Mattek-Sands the other day. That and her tactic of not bothering to play until a set and 5-0 down. I think it's karma for mocking friend of the forum Bethanie Mattek-Sands by doing that bird jig of hers. Is Bethanie Mattek-Sands a friend of the forum? Well, about half the posts in the WTA 2010 thread are about her so she must be.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2010 10:37 

Local Time:
You can tell Maria isn't quite there yet. So many bad errors at crucial times. I do get the feeling that players like Hingis,Mauresmo and Henin would have proved too much for Caroline,because Maria was killing her at the net and she is a mediocre net player at best.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2010 12:18 

Local Time:
Yeah i like Mattek-Sands!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. September 2010 18:04 

Local Time:
2 chungwit:

I totally agree with you.

The match Wozniacki vs Sharapova was really good. I just couldnt believe Wozniacki won it in 2. I thought Masha could have been more competitive still... She reminded me Daniela a little bit... With those errors on returning :D But there were quite tough conditions there, too.

Wozniacki surprised me :)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. September 2010 01:50 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 04:26
Zvonareva just gave Petkovic an absolute beasting. I think that Petkovic used up all her energy doing the funky chicken - or was it the birdy dance- after beating Mattek-Sands the other day. That and her tactic of not bothering to play until a set and 5-0 down. I think it's karma for mocking friend of the forum Bethanie Mattek-Sands by doing that bird jig of hers. Is Bethanie Mattek-Sands a friend of the forum? Well, about half the posts in the WTA 2010 thread are about her so she must be.

Not entirely sure why, but this gave me a good laugh.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2010 13:26 

Local Time:
Really want Wozniacki to win the title now...

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. September 2010 15:19 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 04:26
Really want Wozniacki to win the title now...

She's hitting her ground strokes so well at the moment. You really get the feeling that if someone doesn't mix it up, Caroline is going to take the title.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. September 2010 20:21 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 13:26
I just don't understand the fascination with Wozniacki. I've seen her play live twice and honestly she has the most boring game ever. Granted the last time I saw her play was a year ago, and it does look as if she does try to hit more winners these days. To me she is a very boring player, a pusher who just waits for mistakes. Not my idea of good tennis, but that's just my opinion. I'd much rather see a player play tactical tennis instead of waiting around for their opponent to make errors. I hope Venus takes the title this year, just because I like her style of play.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2010 21:48 

Local Time:
Well done Bepa! :heart2: Win the whole damn thing now!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2010 23:12 

Local Time:
US Open Aces, so far...

1. V.Williams - 26
2. S.Stosur - 21
3. S.Kuznetsova - 18
3. R.Marino - 18
5. M.Lucic - 15
6. M.Sharapova - 13
7. A.Ivanovic - 12
7. M.Martinez Sanchez - 12
7. K.Clijsters - 12
7. D.Hantuchova - 12

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. September 2010 23:38 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 12:26
I'm not sure where to post this, but is an outstanding article on the importance of home court in tennis (specifically the ATP, but the WTA would behave the same you'd think).

This is the kind of stuff the clowns like Cronin and Bodo who get paid - i.e. they devote 40 or so hours a week to tennis - should be doing; research pieces based on facts. Instead, 98% of the "professional" journalists just write the first thing that comes to their mind without any regard to whether it is backed up by any evidence or factual basis.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 12. September 2010 00:44 

Local Time:
Zvonarva again in a GS final.. :roll: I think the tennis world is going crazy... and boring. I miss matches like the YEC 2007 final. Sure there's been excellent tennis in the last two weeks, but Masha's bitchy behaviour and powerful shots vs Henin's wonderful style of play was just classic.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. September 2010 03:52 

Local Time:
Kim is the best :)

Zvonareva got beaten at last.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next