Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: US Open, Flushing Meadows
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 14:29 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 19:17
:cry: really sad they lost the doubles :(

so i will have no chance to see daniela in new york ;) i will fly at 11th september to new york and i will see the men singles final.
is there any other final at that day? the doubles men/woman or mixed final? so maybe i will have a chance to see her in the mixed final ?! :P

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 18:10 

Local Time:
3R is not so bad... It was a difficult draw like always...

If Daniela won the first set, there would be at least some tennis to watch maybe...

Jankovic is out at last!

Kanepi has beaten Jankovic... Pity that Daniela was not in that part of the draw... But it was too windy there. Daniela would have been blown away :/

Everything in life happens for a reason

Last edited by Marek12 on 4. September 2010 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 18:13 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 18:17
Schedule of Play:

Court 13

11:00 AM
Men's Doubles - 2nd Round
Eduardo Schwank(ARG) /
Horacio Zeballos(ARG) vs. Mahesh Bhupathi(IND)[4] /
Max Mirnyi(BLR)[4]
In Progress

Men's Doubles - 2nd Round
Marcelo Melo(BRA) /
Bruno Soares(BRA) vs. Juan Ignacio Chela(ARG) /
Pablo Cuevas(URU)

Men's Doubles - 3rd Round
Sergiy Stakhovsky(UKR) /
Mikhail Youzhny(RUS) vs. Simon Aspelin(SWE)[14] /.
Paul Hanley(AUS)[14]

Mixed Doubles - 1st Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK) /
Mahesh Bhupathi(IND)
vs. Kaia Kanepi(EST) /
Robert Lindstedt(SWE)

Mixed Doubles - 1st Round
Yung-Jan Chan(TPE) /
Paul Hanley(AUS) vs. TBD

Court 13's televised so there should be a stream.

A repeat of 2005 would be wonderful

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 19:32 

Local Time:
Oh, I cant stand it anymore. Petkovic with quite an acceptable draw and she even got a walkover now to the 4th round :(

She must be dancing right now again with joy and shooting a pistol(her hand)...

Site Admin
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 20:16 

Local Time:
Long time no see. It may be expected for Daniela to choke,but that doesn't make it any easier to take.I know it does not. Luckily I am not emotionally involved anymore. It feels great. :lol: And I promise to visit the forum more often from now on, it would be a shame to abandon such a fantastic community. ;)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 20:56 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 12:17
Wozniacki has now lost three games in three singles matches. It's really quite disappointing that she and Daniela could not do more together in doubles given how well Caroline is playing (and Daniela is no slouch either).

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 23:22 

Local Time:
Stream for Danielas MIXED Doubles

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 4. September 2010 23:36 

Local Time:
Stream for Danielas MIXED Doubles

thanks Marek!

Go Daniela! :)

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 00:28 

Local Time:
Lost the match :(

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 00:41 

Local Time:
Oh well, that's that. Lindstedt was the big difference in the math as he hit lots of winners and hardly seemed to miss. It was mainly between the two men as Daniela and Kanepi didn't really have an awful lot to do and Lindstedt played great while Bhupathi missed a few shots.

Daniela hit some nice winners but she did look tired and jaded. She did perk up a bit at the end of the second set, like someone who's having a tough day at work but then remembers that it's Friday afternoon.

Have a nice break and put you feet up, Daniela. You could do with one.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 06:28 

Local Time:
|30. April 2024| 04:17
Oh Daniela!?

Had you told me at the beginning of the tournament that you would get to the 3rd round, I would have been satisfied with that. But knowing you had chances... I don't know why I keep expecting deep runs in tournaments. It was really foreseeable that up 5-2 with 3 set points that she was still going to struggle to close it out, and I had the right mind not to celebrate too early. I was however pleased with her play to go up 5-2. There were points where she was absolutely dictating the play, moving Dementieva from side to side and really getting a lot of depth in her shots.

It's just soooo unfair that Daniela continues getting these craptastic draws. Had she been placed in Martinez-Sanchez's section with Schnyder, Wickmayer and Jankovic/Kanepi, she could have made the QF.

Meh! At least next year, she won't have too many points to defend in the USO Series and can gain points. And I guess she has very little points to defend the rest of this season and beginning of next, so she can hopefully get some good wins and much needed points. All she needs is a little luck with draws!

Add to the coulda/woulda/shoulda file pronto!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 14:33 

Local Time:
Yes, she doesnt have so many points to defend right now. I believe Daniela can make it to top 25 again until the end of the season. When she is rested, she can have some deep run somewhere. Right now she needs a break... Still hope :P

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 19:44 

Local Time:
The frustrating thing is that Daniela has been having so many tough draws since Rome when she's invariably had a first round against someone that's ranked higher than her and/or has a winning record against her. The double whammy is that Daniela's been competitive and had her chances in pretty much all of her loses since Rome. She's either been up a set: Schiavone in Rome, Zahlavova Strycova in Wimbledon, Peer in Stanford or she's had set points: Pavlyuchenkova in Madrid, Pennetta in Montreal and Dementieva at the US Open. So Daniela's been playing well enough to give herself the chance to win but she hasn't taken her chances. If she'd been able to convert some of the opportunities she'd created then this year would be a lot better. Of course, having to play quality opponents right away in a tournament make it harder to put a run together and if Daniela had gotten to the final of the tournaments she played between Stanford and Montreal she'd have played a top 30 opponent every single match.

Daniela's had more top 10 and top 30 wins this year than last year but in recent months she's had the hardest run of draws she's had in her career. I keep feeling that Daniela has to get a decent draw and a bit of luck sometime but at the same time she has to beat the player on the other side of the net and take her opportunities. Daniela beat Kanepi in straight sets in New Haven and Kanepi's having a good run here and she beat a resurgent Safina in straight sets in the first round.

Daniela's down right now but she'll pick herself, dust herself down and be ready to play again. She's shown her resilience and determination so many times in the past, she'll do it again.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 21:28 

Local Time:
Like I said..

I believe she will have some good run after US Open. Doesnt have many points to defend. And next season it can be only better! It would be so unfair if Daniela will have this kind of draws next season again!!!!! I mean it can be worse then this season....(Just hope, dont want to jinx it).

If she gets an acceptable draw somewhere and goes through some rounds I believe she will take her chances more often later in the draw...

Come on Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2010 21:37 

Local Time:
I believe she's playing Linz this year,maybe she will recapture some of the old magic there. Daniela does seem to enjoy playing at tournaments where she has had success in the past. However it is not enough to create the opportunities,you do have to take them,and Daniela has wasted far too many of them this season.

BTW did anyone see Pavlyuchenkova play this afternoon? Atrocious is too benign a word. How did she beat Daniela 4 times?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 391 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next