Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 322 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next
Author Enter your Message here
 Post subject: Re: Family Circle Cup, Charleston
PostPosted: 15. April 2010 23:14 
:beer:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. April 2010 23:20 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 10:18
Bad news :/

Dani starts at 17:00 (CET+2) first match at center...

and eurosport is streaming live sicne Wozniackis match at 19:00, I think

dont undestand this... since 18:00 to 19:00 they will rather be broadcasting a record?

so no live stream... :(

:evil: Stupid Scheduling

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. April 2010 23:48 

Local Time:
First of all great win Daniela!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear what she says about the match.

I don't mind what happens against Jankovic. This has been a really good tournament for Daniela. Can't believe the schedulers put them on 1st tomorrow when they were one of the last matches of the day. Daniela will undoubtedly be tired, and Jelena's match today was really short but hopefully Daniela can make it competitive. You never know...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 00:11 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 09:18
A good battling win for Daniela and she showed her fighting spirit and her ability to get the win. It would have been great if she'd won the first set because she'd probably have won in straight sets but Daniela kept going and won in three. It's disappointing that Daniela lost the tiebreak as her recent tiebreak record hasn't been great and her tiebreak record over the past few years has been good. Daniela showed her strength and stamina and had another three set win.

One interesting stat is that Daniela won more points on second serve than on first serve (60% to 57%)

Getting to the quarters here is pretty good for Daniela in the rankings as she'll get some pretty good points for reaching the quarters here and she doesn't have too many points to defend in Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid, so she's got a great chance to gain points and go up a bit. Alona Bondarenko lost today so Daniela gives herself a little bit of a cushion over someone just below her in the rankings. It also means that Daniela doesn't have the same need to play Warsaw and can prepare for Roland Garros.

Jankovic will be a tough opponent tomorrow and Daniela's not helped by the scheduling. But Daniela's had her chances against Jankovic in the previous two matches: Daniela had set points in the first set in Beijing but couldn't convert and she was 5-3 up in the first set in Madrid and also had a lot of BPs in the second set that Jankovic saved. Daniela has a chance but she has to take her opportunities and she has to start well. Clay's a good surface for Jankovic so it will be tough but why not?

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 02:10 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 19:18
Good fighting win by Daniela. I said at the start of the tournament that i'd be happy with a quarter final appearance and she's done it, so i'm satisfied. Daniela's has had her chances against Jankovic and you could say Daniela's form wasn't half as good as it is now when they previously played. I think Daniela has a chance of an upset. She has no pressure and is coming off some good recent performances. I'm not expecting much, but that definitely worked in Daniela's favour against Venus :)

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 05:37 

Local Time:
|22. May 2024| 16:18
congratulation to Daniela. I was stunned that she was actually won it.

It will be interesting to see how Dani perform against Jelena. Who knows there will be an upset here? Hail Danka! :beer:

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 11:44 

Local Time:
Playing the Family Circle Cup for the first time in seven years, Daniela has recorded her best ever result at the Premier-level tournament, beating Angelique Kerber in a marathon Thursday to reach the quarterfinals.

Daniela came from 1-4 to take the first set to a tie-break and even came back from 2-5 there to hold set point at 6-5, but wound up losing the breaker, 8-6; she just didn't give up though, rallying from a break down in both the second and third sets to win the match in two hours and 44 minutes, 67(6) 75 63. She was at her best at the ends of the second and third sets, winning four of the last five games of the second and the last four games of the third.

"Angelique was playing unbelievably in the first set. She was going for it and hitting so many winners from unbelievable positions," Daniela said. "In the end I felt physically I was a little better than her, that was maybe the deciding factor."

Next up for Daniela, who is the No.8 seed, will be No.2 seed and former Charleston champion Jelena Jankovic.

"I'm really looking forward to the match. Obviously Jelena is playing well. She's in good form, winning Indian Wells. I know I'll have to play my best to beat her."

Hantuchova won the hard vydretom Kerber made a secret of contentment. "This triumph will very much appreciate, as Kerber showing off otherworldly tennis and I had to make every effort to ensure that I finally beat it. In the beginning of the match full of long exchange I had problems reading the game, but gradually I got used and managed to get from 1:4 to tighten tajbrejk. In the short game, I had many chances, but the state of 6:5 and I missed setbal tajbrejk become prey súperky. The second act Kerber played straight, played the winner more than me, which often does not become vybehala and even impossible. Even in bad condition, I have nevzdávala, I fought for every ball and have been paid. Third sete I beat it over kondičku at decisive moments, I still believe more. I am very glad that I managed to clay to turn this game, it's great for me povzbudeneie before big tournaments in Europe," said Hantuchova.

Friday's match against Jankovic will Hantuchova overhauls the Fed Cup.

"It's good for us both to test Fed Cup duels in Belgrade. Is little wonder that we made on Friday to play the first game now. Trojsetovom after a difficult duel with Kerber is I have very little time for recovery, but I deal with it somehow match. If chciem against Deer succeed, I play my best tennis. At the beginning of this season had a little crisis, but in recent weeks came in very good form, winning the tournament in Indian Wells and is a ripple," said Hantuchova.
@ google translation

"It was a terribly difficult game. Súperka played incredible from the first ball. Burned into it and gave such a 'winner' of the various positions that I did not see. I am not counting the fact that Kerber takes uninhibited. Sete First, I have good Tighten when I fled home, but the damage tajbrejku. Perhaps it is also possible to complete in two sets. Nevzdávala I was not and then I fought as we could. This is especially clay court tennis. Sometimes there must be something with the Fair dogged the teeth and begins to turn," said Daniela Hantuchova and SITA said: "We played terribly long exchange, it took nearly the entire three hours, it was very physically demanding. Although I had the feeling that all the time only rival, but important moments in my chosen some more experience. It was clear that I believe more."

"It's a very tough match. Jelena Although early played too well, but is now fully recovered and well in play, won the title at Indian Wells. I will have to bring my best tennis, so I had to overcome," noted D . Hantuchova, the joy did not even Friday scenario: "I do not understand that we have made to play the first match of the eleven local time. I will have virtually no room to relax. Now the media will be quick dinner and sleep well. Jelena certainly be much easier match, as to my disadvantage. I do not feel the legs by now. Moreover, in the third sete I felt a little hurt the back recently, so I go for a physiotherapist, I am here about the night. I do not know much you can relax enough. I will be on pursue it as possible."

The former foot renkingu Hantuchova accompanied to the tournament and a Spanish mother Marianna coach Carlos Cuadrado, 26-year-old former 222nd ATP ranking player and 2001 winner of the boys singles at the Paris Grand Slam Roland Garros: "We can say that this is my new tennis coach. we have worked in Mexico, then Miami and now here. In Barcelona academy is preparing itself in the past but this is by Darren Cahill," explained D. Hantuchova SITA.
@ google translation

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 12:19 

Local Time:
I'm glad that Daniela is pissed at the schedulers, they're treating Daniela terribly.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 16:14 

Local Time:
No live streams?
Daniela's match is about to start.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 16:17 

Local Time:
Like I said there wont be any stream.

for Eurosport stu*pidity...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 16:18 

Local Time:
ESPN are the host broadcasters and they don't start coverage till 1PM. US coverage tends to be pretty sporadic.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 16:21 

Local Time:
No live stream...

And Dani got broken :(

0:1

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 16:22 

Local Time:
Daniela broken in the opening game :(

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 16:23 

Local Time:
Like I said there wont be any stream.

for Eurosport stu*pidity...

Ah, sorry. Missed your post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2010 16:24 

Local Time:
0:2 :(

0:3 :(

Last edited by Marek12 on 16. April 2010 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 322 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next