Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: US Open, New York
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 01:32 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 06:56
Well done Daniela, didn't expect it to be so easy after the lost first set.
It's a huge opportunity to reach 4th round as she plays King and not Stosur.
Didn't get to watch that match and see what actually happened but i'm sure that
Daniela has the experience not to underestimate her opponent.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 01:41 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 05:56
:wav: :wav:

Good win and a solid performance from Daniela in the last two sets. It would would have been a lot easier on the nerves if she'd taken the first bp chance she had in all those games but Daniela got the break eventually. Her serve was generally pretty good, except for the 5-5 game in the first set when she threw in a couple of double faults and she made errors when she probably should have broken back when Bacsinszky served for the set. I think Daniela would have won in straight sets if she'd broken Bacsinszky in the second game of the match but Bacsinszky played those points well with an ace and a winner.

Bacsinszky did play pretty well for the first set and a half but once Daniela got the break her level went down a little bit, but Bacsinszky kept fighting and the scoreline in the last two sets reflects how solid Daniela was and she played better than she did against Shaughnessy and Daniela served well for most of the match, although she could probably do with uping her bp conversation rate, but she's in the third round which is her best run her since 2005.

Daniela's got a fairly decent match in the next round with Vania King beating Stosur. The Australian media was talking about a Stosur-Serena match.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 01:47 

Local Time:
Court 12 13:00 Start (19:00 CET)

Men's Doubles - 1st Round
Julien Benneteau(FRA) /Jeremy Chardy(FRA) vs. Wesley Moodie(RSA)[7] /Dick Norman(BEL)[7]

Women's Doubles - 1st Round
Daniela Hantuchova(SVK)[5] /Ai Sugiyama(JPN)[5] vs. Sandra Klemenschits(AUT) /Aravane Rezai(FRA)

and the scoreline in the last two sets reflects how solid Daniela was and she played better than she did against Shaughnessy and Daniela served well for most of the match, although she could probably do with uping her bp conversation rate, but she's in the third round which is her best run her since 2005.
so true =)

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 02:35 

Local Time:
I was very impressed by the way Daniela was so calm, so cool, even after losing the first set. :shock: As if she knew that she would win this match, that Timea couldn't play so well all match long. Daniela played very well in the last two sets. :D

No more Dani on Eurosport, they'll show Federer...
well, that was clear right from the beginning, but I hope they'll switch back to court 11 from time to time.
On Eurosport France, I could see Daniela's match until the end :P , because they only show women's matches, and another channel shows men's matches. :P

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 06:28 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 13:56
so happy that Dani won!!!
i was surprised when i saw that she lost in the 1st set..but she did a great job for the last two sets...
whew!..R3 next and its Vania...

anyone knows what happened against Vania and Stosur..

Dani should play better aVania will gainst Vania, coz she'll have more confidence by defeating stosur and home crowd

Good luck Dani...i know you can do it!! ;)

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 10:50 

Local Time:
A nice birthday present for me seeing Daniela get through quite comfortably in the early hours last night and with the draw opened up a little bit Daniela has a great chance of reaching the 4th round and, presumably, yet another meeting with Serena Williams but 3rd round was what I hoped for and 3rd round is so far what Daniela has achieved and despite two sloppy sets seems to have come through these, eventually, with relative ease. Hopefully Daniela can produce the same in the 3rd round against Vania King, but in straight sets would be nice, three sets though I can handle.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

hellene fan
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 11:34 

Local Time:
:woohoo: :woohoo:

not at all easy match against king

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 11:57 

Local Time:
A nice win in the end, and I'm very glad that Daniela will be meeting King in the third round as opposed to Stosur (despite the fact the King will have lots of home support). Stosur's game can trouble Daniela alot more in my oppinion and, although King will be confident having reached the third round of a slam, she will probably lack the game to beat Daniela in a major, and especially at this stage when she will be aware that a place in the last 16 is up for grabs.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 12:00 

Local Time:
Like most of you, I agree that a fourth round finish is about the best we can expect from Daniela. Serena is playing great tennis, and having watched her match last night against Czink, I don't see Daniela making many inroads. Its dissapointing that Daniela has to meet Serena once again because with the way that she is playing she could certainly trouble some of the other top-8 seeds, such as Kuznetsova and Zvonareva.

hellene fan
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 14:18 

Local Time:
Its dissapointing that Daniela has to meet Serena once again because with the way that she is playing she could certainly trouble some of the other top-8 seeds, such as Kuznetsova and Zvonareva.[/b]

the true to be said

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 21:06 

Local Time:
Hantuchova, after the triumph over Bacsinszky shone with satisfaction. "I am very happy that I have coped with another challenging trojsetový game and advanced to 3rd round. Timea played the first game very well, extremely servovala. In all burned, had nothing to lose and it was enough to retain on the villages. I told you, however, that need only withstand a fight that will certainly be a break somewhere and come breakthroughs. He came in second in the state of 2:2 game, from that moment the match was already underway in my directing. When I was her first break, I have gained dominance on the court. In the third game has gone súperka condition. The play is longer, thus it was better for me, "said Hantuchova.

Slovenka once again could not vynachváliť a group of Slovak fans who like it in the 1st game round against American Meghann Shaughnessy steadfastly encouraged. "I seemed a little like home for the Fed Cup, Bodaj would be as follows for each tournament. Really cool, and encourage their vocal cords helped me a lot. I hope I will root well in other games," said Hantuchova, who in the 3rd round against the King expects another difficult duel. "I remember our last year's race at the Australian Open, which I won in straight sets, but it was difficult. I saw a few games of her match against Stosur and played really great. Samantha has a great year and waited to win, but King played aggressive, bold and deservedly triumphed. I have the best match on Friday to prepare t, "zakončila Hantuchova, who on Thursday presented to the U.S. Open in doubles. Together with Japanese Ai Sugiyama will be deployed as a preliminary measurement of fives forces of the Austro-French pair Sandra Klemenschits, Aravane Rezaï.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 21:24 

Local Time:
Hantuyama won the first set easily 6-1 8-)

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 21:29 

Local Time:
Arthur Ashe Stadium (11:00 Start)

1. Vania King (USA) vs. Daniela Hantuchova (22-SVK)
2. Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez (ESP) vs. Serena Williams (2-USA)
3. Paul Capdeville (CHI) vs. Andy Murray (2-GBR)
4. Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) vs. Venus Williams (3-USA) (19:00 Start)
5. Nicolas Kiefer (GER) vs. Rafael Nadal (3-ESP)

damn, I won't be able to follow the match :evil:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 21:58 

Local Time:
Hantuyama beat Klememschits/Rezai 6-1 6-2. :wav:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2009 22:15 

Local Time:
Shvedova just beat Jankovic 7-6 in the third, another upset after Oudin beat Dementieva earlier. Puts Toronto in a bit of perspective.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next