HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Site Admin
 Post subject: Re: Warsaw Open
PostPosted: 16. May 2009 12:21 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 13:43
No way is Daniela ever beating Maria. I remember the YEC in 2007 where Maria was coming back from injury and Daniela was in great form,having just won Linz-she still found a way to stuff it up. :roll:Shazza was coming back from injury but she was hardly out of form sweeping aside Ivanovic and convincingly beating Kuznetsova. And she almost beat Henin in the final. Besides Daniela has one win over Shazza, so your first sentence doesn't hold much truth.

Anyway these speculations about the draw which is not even out yet are pointless.
The link for the tournament that you have did not work for me. Here is an English version that works.

Sorry, it's corrected now.

Site Admin

Local Time:
according to the Caro forum, the draw is out, I'll see if I can find it

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 20:43
Draw is out!

Dani will have Nuria Llagostera Vives in the first round...

Do u think she can beat her guys?...

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Tier I Title Holder

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 20:43
Draw is out!

Dani will have Nuria Llagostera Vives in the first round...

Do u think she can beat her guys?...

H2H: Dani leads 3-0

- 2001 ITALIAN OPEN CLAY (O) Q- R16 D. HANTUCHOVA 6-3 6-1
- 2005 NEW HAVEN HARD (O) R32 D. HANTUCHOVA 6-4 6-2
- 2007 AMELIA ISLAND CLAY (O) R32 D. HANTUCHOVA 6-1 6-3

as the H2H shown above, I think Dani can beat her..if she made it to QF a possible A.Radwanska...which I think a repeat of AO'08 QF. I want her to face U.Radwanska then A.Radwanska in QF and beat them both but she has to win the 1st round easily and play her best tennis...

this is the time to start surprising us guys!!

mOnmOn

Profile YIM

Golden Slam

Local Time:
A kind 1st round draw, although the Radwanska's are going to be tough...

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 10:31 

Local Time:
We shouldn't underestimate Ula Radwanska. She already won against Kuzzy (was in crap shape, but still, just try first to beat her in crappy form). I don't like the draw. Alona could have make a good result here, and now she has to play Wozniacki or Sharpie in QF... Zheng's Quarter is extremely weak for an international event. Hope Danka can play some good tennis.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 14:46 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 14:43
  Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 15:16 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 12:43
Thats stupid how Zheng has now taken Radwanska's place in the draw. I don't know why they don't just put the number 9 seed in Radwanska's place, and then place a lucky loser in that players position in the draw.
So Daniela will most likely play Zheng if she reaches the quarter-final stage, and to be honest, I think thats a tougher opponant than Radwanska considering how well Zheng has played recently.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 16:06 

Local Time:
Thats stupid how Zheng has now taken Radwanska's place in the draw. I don't know why they don't just put the number 9 seed in Radwanska's place, and then place a lucky loser in that players position in the draw.
So Daniela will most likely play Zheng if she reaches the quarter-final stage, and to be honest, I think thats a tougher opponant than Radwanska considering how well Zheng has played recently.

I thought exactly the same. Zheng had Safina on the ropes in Rome. That won't be easy for Danka. It's just a pity, look at Quarter 1 with Caroline, Maria and Alona then look at Quarter 2&3. Hate that.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 16:10 

Local Time:
Quarter 3 was weak enough as it was since Zheng was the only decent player in that section, but now she has been moved that third section is a complete joke considering this is a Premier tournament with 200 points up for grabs for the semi-finalists.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 17:01 

Local Time:
according to a Danish newspaper and also Danish ES, Caro has pulled out as well.

and the shifting of seeded players is to get the distribution even. Highest rank and second highest rank in each half. Then the third and fourth highest ranked in the two remaining quarters. Had they just replaced Aga with the 9th seed that quarter would lack a top4 seed and another quarter would have two

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 18:37 

Local Time:
Shazza was coming back from injury but she was hardly out of form sweeping aside Ivanovic and convincingly beating Kuznetsova. And she almost beat Henin in the final. Besides Daniela has one win over Shazza, so your first sentence doesn't hold much truth.If you want to draw some crumbs of comfort from the fact that Daniela beat Maria in Tokyo when Sharpie was just 16,then be my guest. Do you happen to remember what happened when they met at Wimbledon later that year?

BTW Maria defeated Ivanovic and Kuznetsova after playing Daniela-she was rusty as hell in her first match and there for the taking,but Daniela,in her own words,left her game in the locker room. Same thing happened in Indian Wells last year,where Daniela beat herself mentally long before the final shot was played. Maria knew this as well,which is why she dished out such a gratuitious cheap shot after the match was over-happily,karma is a b*tch!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. May 2009 22:15 

Local Time:
It's a reasonable draw. I'd expect Daniela to be able to beat Llagostera Vives comfortably enough.
Urszula Radwanska's had some good wins this year, notably against Kuznetsova in Indian Wells and her sister in Dubai, plus she'll have home support so she can't be underestimated.

Zheng would be a tricky opponent as she's been playing fairly well lately and that would be a good win for Daniela as it would be a top 20 win and her first 3 game winning streak since Indian Wells 08 and her first semi-final since the 08 Australian Open, so it would be a big breakthrough for Daniela. It's a match that Daniela can approach positively but it is the cliche of one match at a time and she has to beat Llagostera Vives first.

A nice run here will do very nicely to give Daniela confidence going into Roland Garros and it will also help with her ranking.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. May 2009 01:44 

Local Time:
If you want to draw some crumbs of comfort from the fact that Daniela beat Maria in Tokyo when Sharpie was just 16,then be my guest. Do you happen to remember what happened when they met at Wimbledon later that year?16 or no, it was the same year she won Wimbledon. I see no reason why not count that match.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 18. May 2009 06:43 

Local Time:
agree with Martin

plus I think the 2008 Indian Wells QF showed that Daniela has got the game to beat Maria, just not the nerves/mentality. Also remember in Zurich 2006? Masha was playing very well, winning the US Open, winning Zurich and one more indoor tournament, and Daniela was very competitive in that match

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next