Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: MPS Group Championships, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL-USA
PostPosted: 7. April 2009 20:03 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 08:24
This is becoming kind of natural in Daniela .
She seems to enjoy being pushed to her limit against low-ranked opponents and in 1st rounds .
Anyway , a win is a win and its + 30 points to add to her rank .
I honestly don't think that she can beat either Bartoli ou Mattek but i hope that she don't lost the way she lost to Chak ou Bammer .

media master
PostPosted: 7. April 2009 20:42 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 10:24
im not even suprised to see this result.

next time i gonna bet on a 3 setter in every first round she plays

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. April 2009 20:44 

Local Time:
A win is a win!!!!

Credit to Sevastova - I think Latvia have a star in the making...

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 7. April 2009 21:37 

Local Time:
I think the only positive thing we can take from this match is Danielas fighting spirit
Not more and not less.

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. April 2009 23:00 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 09:24
Shazza's lost from 5-1 up and serving for the match a few times so it does happen even to the mentally toughest.

We didn't see the match so we don't know what happened. It's possible that Sevastova played amazingly from 1-5 down. At the same time, it just isn't good that this is the second tournament in a row where Daniela's struggled against someone ranked more than 100 places below her. Maybe it's just playing in Florida. Still, Daniela won, she's still in the tournament and she can regroup and come back in the next round.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. April 2009 23:28 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 03:24
Arguably the least impressive win of her career. The fact she had to struggle so badly against a wholly unimpressive player does not auger well for the future. I also suspect without seeing the match that it's more likely the young player gaffed rather than Daniela suddenly rediscovering her form in the big moments.

Yes, you can say that she fought well but that's only a slim silver lining over a dreary performance.

Edit: It certainly could have been worse though as I just Patty Schnyder lost 6-2, 6-0 to lucky loser Varvara Lepchenko. Schnyder was consistently good through the end of last year, but has really showed her age this year. Sometimes when a player declines, it all comes so suddenly (Mauresmo, who was at another level than Schnyder, comes to mind).

Site Admin
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 00:14 

Local Time:
Good that I don't follow tennis matches on scoreboard anymore. You gotta feel sorry for Daniela, it must be hard for her.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 00:52 

Local Time:
Bethanie Mattek-Sands came from a set down to beat Bartoli just now. That's likely good news for Daniela, but we shall see.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 07:03 

Local Time:
During 2009, Daniela has lost all her matches against players ranked above her
so i suppose its a very good chance to stop this against Mattek-Sands.

Of course, its not going to be easy, considering Daniela’s current form.
Besides, Mattek-Sands won Bartoli so she must feel very confident right now.
Plus, she plays in front of her crowd....Anyway, we’ll see.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 09:00 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 19:24
I don't think anyone knows what to expect from Daniela anymore.

She crazy.

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 09:26 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 19:24
What in the world happened here?!? :?

I am glad I didn't follow the livescore on this one. Looking at how the games played out, I probably would have been annoyed, happy, annoyed, happy, disgusted, angry, happy, relieved, etc. throughout that whole match.

A win's a win, I guess... but for the sake of your fans' sanity, please give us a comfortable win! It's been wayy too long.

Rest day tomorrow!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 11:39 

Local Time:
So glad I didn't follow this match live,I think I'd have ended up throwing the computer out of the window! :lol:

Anyway,it's clay and it's a win. If Daniela isn't playing well,all you can ask as a fan is that she fights to the bitter end,and she did that. Congrats Danka! :bounce:

hellene fan
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 14:59 

Local Time:
I don't think anyone knows what to expect from Daniela anymore.

She crazy.

The unexpected

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 16:49 

Local Time:
Putting a positive and heartfelt spin on this season SO FAR. As a long time supporter of Daniela it is great to see her fighting to the end and eeking out a victory. There have been years where Tuesdays match would have resulted in a complete breakdown somewhere in the 3rd set if not before.

Go Daniela!!

Golden Slam
 Post subject: MPS Group Championships, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL-USA
PostPosted: 8. April 2009 22:44 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:24
Schedule of Play for April 9

1. Varvara Lepchenko vs. Tamira Paszek
2. Virginie Razzano vs. Caroline Wozniacki
3. Sabine Lisicki vs. Aleksandra Wozniak
4. Doubles match
5. Doubles match
6. (7.00 pm/Friday 01.00 CET) Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs. Daniela Hantuchova

And an article from jacksonville.com

Wind serves up extra challenge at MPS Tourney

Pants, Nadia Petrova thought. I've got to go buy some pants.
The 26-year-old Russian didn't pack any for her trip to Florida for the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami and this week's MPS Group Championships. She was expecting warm, sunny weather.
Not 30-mph wind gusts and temperatures in the 50s.
Those were the conditions on Tuesday at Sawgrass Country Club. While that might be perfect for sipping coffee by the fire, it's not exactly ideal tennis weather.
"I'm absolutely not prepared," Petrova said after her straight-set victory over Belarusian Olga Govortsova on Tuesday afternoon. "I spent like five weeks in Miami, and I knew it's summertime, and we're in Florida. And it's like, whoa, this is very unusual."
The windy conditions have battered the players throughout the tournament's first two days. On Monday, sustained winds were 19 mph, with gusts up to 30 mph, but it was worse Tuesday. Not only were there wind gusts of up to 32 mph, but the on-court temperature at 3 p.m. was 58 degrees.
Winning matches meant beating your opponent and Mother Nature.
"Oh, God, I think it was one of the worst [days of wind]," said Daniela Hantuchova, who beat qualifier Anastasija Sevastova 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (5) Tuesday morning. "I don't remember the last time it was this bad.
"... There should be a rule or something. I think the golfers have a rule, right?"
Not really. There is no official rule regarding wind, but PGA Tour officials can suspend play if conditions are so bad that balls will not settle on the greens. The first round of the Shell Houston Open was suspended last Thursday after wind gusts reached 50 mph.
There is no wind rule on the WTA Tour, either. The Tour does have an extreme-weather rule, but that deals only with high temperatures and heat index. Officials would suspend play if conditions were unsafe.
Nobody was in danger, but they were shivering.
Petrova went out early Tuesday morning to hit balls, and she was only on the practice court a few minutes before deciding that the WTA Tour's dress code that prohibits sweat pants wasn't going to work. After getting permission from a Tour official, Petrova borrowed a pair of ? workout pants from Bethanie Mattek-Sands to wear during the match.
Hantuchova, Mattek-Sands and Marion Bartoli all wore pants during their matches. Mattek-Sands also wore a thin fleece vest.
The winds forced the players to adjust more than their attire. Numerous times, the wind grabbed the ball as they tossed it to serve. They eased the tension in their rackets for better feel and played conservatively.
"You basically just have to put [a] little bit more balls into the court than your opponent," said Petrova, ranked No. 10 in the world. "It's really difficult to play creative, beautiful tennis. You just have to keep it very simple, very smart, try to play consistent."
The players should get a bit of a break today. The forecast calls for a high of 68 degrees and winds out of the west at 12 mph.
Petrova is not taking any chances, though. She'll be prepared for her 7 p.m. match against Madison Keys.
"I think my next trip right now is to Sports Authority, get some stuff, because [today] is a night match," she said. "I'm going to be covered from top to bottom."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next