Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
Author Enter your Message here

blue webmaster
 Post subject: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 5. March 2009 16:56 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:00
imageDates: March 11-22, 2009
Category: Premier
Prize Money: $4,500,000
Draw: 96M/48Q/32D
Surface: Hardcourt/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Steve Simon

Official Website:

2008 Performance:

R128 Bye
R64 Haynes, Angela Usa 6-1 6-2
R32 Zheng, Jie Chn 6-4 6-2
R16 Mirza, Sania Ind 6-1 7-6(4)
Q lost to Sharapova, Maria Rus 6(2)-7 1-6

hellene fan
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 5. March 2009 18:16 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:00
next monday danka at No 36,will be seeded 32(sisters,srebotnik,petrova out)
i am waiting this tournament how and how

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 6. March 2009 07:03 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 22:00
Hopefully this will be a good tournament. I have high hopes...

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Site Admin
PostPosted: 6. March 2009 09:07 

Local Time:
Sharapova out too. I know she isn't popular here, but it isn't fun seeing somebody's career going down the drain like this.

Profile WWW

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. March 2009 18:24 

Local Time:
Poor Maria. I'm not a fan of her, but her unique killer instinct, her great shots and her fighting spirit are just amazing. She's the only real number 1 right now. When Danka is losing to her i'm going to be mad on her again. But always i thought she's great in her own way.

As for Danka, this time I really hope she gets a good draw, if she wins some matches, she definitely could get her confidence back. It's a good tourney for her, but an early loss could do a lot of damage to her confidence.

*Nicole Vaidisova*Agnes Szavay*Tatiana Golovin*

*Daniela Hantuchova*Agnieszka Radwanska*Dinara Safina*
Alona Bondarenko*Iveta Benesova*Aleksandra Wozniak*
Elena Dementieva*Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova*Stefanie Vögele*

<3

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 6. March 2009 23:00 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 07:00
Where did you read that Sharapova is out? I hope she can get it back together, not b/c I like her but she does "do" a lot for the sport. Although she seems to be setting up for a second career with all her off court activities.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 7. March 2009 00:18 

Local Time:
Where did you read that Sharapova is out? I hope she can get it back together, not b/c I like her but she does "do" a lot for the sport. Although she seems to be setting up for a second career with all her off court activities.

I got it from a guy at tennisforum who has the updated entry list.

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. March 2009 04:35 

Local Time:

With Sisters, Srebotnik, Petrova and Sharapova out, wouldn't Daniela be seeded 30, given her ranking on Monday (2 March) was 35. Or does Indian Wells use the ranking on Monday 9 March??

Oh well.. its all trivial really. Seeded 30 or 32, she's bound to draw a 1-8 seed in the third round anyway. Important thing is she's seeded and has a 1R bye. I just hope there's no dangerous floaters near her section of the draw.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. March 2009 04:48 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 06:00

With Sisters, Srebotnik, Petrova and Sharapova out, wouldn't Daniela be seeded 30, given her ranking on Monday (2 March) was 35. Or does Indian Wells use the ranking on Monday 9 March??

Oh well.. its all trivial really. Seeded 30 or 32, she's bound to draw a 1-8 seed in the third round anyway. Important thing is she's seeded and has a 1R bye. I just hope there's no dangerous floaters near her section of the draw.

Yes, it would be #30. But as you say, it really doesn't matter at all.
As an aside, Matt Cronin has a still to be confirmed report that Sharapova will play doubles with Elena Vesnina at Indian Wells in perparation for her return to singles competition at Miami.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 7. March 2009 11:21 

Local Time:
Maria will be playing doubles yes. Explains why she traveled from Florida to Los Angeles.
WCs for main draw released.

WC: Dokic
WC: Mirza
WC: U. Radwanska
WC: Krajicek
WC: Tomljanovic
WC: King
WC: Glatch
WC: Oudin

I wouldn't mind her playing one of the Americans.

Seeds (based on ranking on March 2nd):
1-8
Safina
Jankovic
Dementieva
Zvonareva
Ivanovic
Kuznetsova
Radwanska
Azarenka

9-12
Wozniacki
Bartoli
Cornet
Pennetta

13-16
Schnyder
Cibulkova
Zheng
Medina Garrigues

17-24
Mauresmo
Kanepi
Chakvetadze
Sugiyama
Kleybanova
Szavay
Bammer
Bondarenko

25-32
Wozniak
Benesova
Errani
Peng
Suarez Navarro
Hantuchova
Dulko
Cirstea

I know who I would prefer her playing in R32. Also Safina would be nice. Mainly because I want Safina out as fast as possible and Daniela to advance as far as possible. It would just be lovely to see those two wishes combined.

Profile WWW

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. March 2009 04:18 

Local Time:
I know who I would prefer her playing in R32. Also Safina would be nice. Mainly because I want Safina out as fast as possible and Daniela to advance as far as possible. It would just be lovely to see those two wishes combined

I have a bigger list of who I would prefer her NOT to play in R32 as opposed to other way. I think the addition of Azarenka in the top 8 as opposed to Petrova made her potential R32 match that much tougher. Still, there are quite a lot of players there Daniela is capable of beating, but she really needs to firstly get there, and secondly, to be on her game.

Btw.. i too would like to see Safina out quickly, and it would be even sweeter if Daniela was the one who did it. Not that I dislike Safina, i just want to delay her chance of reaching #1. :twisted:

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 8. March 2009 11:43 

Local Time:
I know who I would prefer her playing in R32. Also Safina would be nice. Mainly because I want Safina out as fast as possible and Daniela to advance as far as possible. It would just be lovely to see those two wishes combined

I have a bigger list of who I would prefer her NOT to play in R32 as opposed to other way. I think the addition of Azarenka in the top 8 as opposed to Petrova made her potential R32 match that much tougher. Still, there are quite a lot of players there Daniela is capable of beating, but she really needs to firstly get there, and secondly, to be on her game.

Btw.. i too would like to see Safina out quickly, and it would be even sweeter if Daniela was the one who did it. Not that I dislike Safina, i just want to delay her chance of reaching #1. :twisted:

Lol, i agree. I don't think Safina is a hugely deserving number one player. I'm not a fan of Serena, but the mantle firmly belongs to her... for now.

As a side note. I can't remember the reason why the Williams sisters never play at Indian Wells. Anyone care to fill me in?

"Talent is one step away from being lazy" -- Daniela Hantuchova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2009 13:34 

Local Time:

Lol, i agree. I don't think Safina is a hugely deserving number one player. I'm not a fan of Serena, but the mantle firmly belongs to her... for now.

As a side note. I can't remember the reason why the Williams sisters never play at Indian Wells. Anyone care to fill me in?
because of their antifans - some people didn´t like to watch ,,black sisters" there........

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Site Admin
PostPosted: 8. March 2009 15:17 

Local Time:

in 2001, Serena and Venus were to play each other in the SF. Right before the match, Venus withdrew citing injury (foot or something). During the final (Serena vs Clijsters) the audience booed big time when Venus and her dad entered the player's box and they kept on booing throughout the match.
Richard afterwards blamed it on the fact that they are black and thus unwanted in the rich white neighborhood that Indian Wells is.
This issue has been discussed so much in GM on tennisforum.com lately, and some guy uploaded about 5 minutes of the match so all could see and hear the booing:

Back to Danka:
yes my list of who I would like for her to avoid in R32 is longer than my list of who I want her to meet too, but that is only natural given Danka's recent results and that it is the top8 we are talking about.

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2009 21:35 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 12:00
This is a really important tournament for Daniela as she has a lot of points to defend here. The third round match will be difficult because she'll get one of the top players and I'd want to avoid Dementieva or Zvonareva given their records against Daniela and Azarenka's been in good form this year. I feel Daniela would have a decent chance against any of the other top seeds, but it would still be a tough match for her. If she could get past the third round, she's got a great chance to go on a good run, but she's still go to get there and it is the cliche of one match at a time.

If Daniela can get through here and Miami ranked in the top 40, then I feel very confident that she'll be able to rise up the rankings and she's got a good chance to get into the top 20 by the autumn. She's barely got anything to defend between Ponte Vedra Beach and the US Open, so she has an excellent opportunity to go up the rankings and I feel she's close to get really good results again. There are some fairly average players ranked above her that I don't think will be able to maintain their ranking or are ranked about as highly as they can realistically get and I believe Daniela will outperform and get better results than them so will surpass them anyway. A good win and a good run would do wonders for Daniela and her confidence.

Daniela & Ai will also have a great chance in the doubles and I can see Hantuyama having a good year.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 386 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next