Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 45  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 04:55 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 07:54
Fairly routine win that, never in any doubt.

Got to say that Daniela showed a lot of resolve and guts in the third set to keep going for her shots, stay positive and she produced her best tennis when she needed it. In the third set, she was making winners when in the second she made errors.

Every close call seemed to go against her and Daniela was obviously getting frustrated but she kept her focus and concentration and that's a good sign for the next round

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 04:56 

Local Time:
all in all a good performance by Daniela, though she could have won in two sets.

There's a great atmosphere on the court while the crowd is waiting for Brydan Klein :D

(I'm gonna sleep for two more hours, good night everybody.)

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:00 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 02:54
Well... I just watched the las part of the match (thanks for the link, it's not easy to watch this kinds of matches in South-America). I liked her attitud, I can see her energy. I hope it last a long time. But, looking at the statistics, 38 UE are too much. Something to improve!!!

My heart is in Danka's Racquet!!!!

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:02 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 08:54
she produced her best tennis when she needed it. In the third set, she was making winners when in the second she made errors.
Exactly. We saw two Danielas today.

Now it's more than 5 o'clock in the morning. I go to bed.

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:04 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 06:54
Exactly. We saw two Danielas today.

Now it's more than 5 o'clock in the morning. I go to bed.

I must go too ! 4 o'clock here ! ;)

Site Admin
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:10 

Local Time:
Congrats Daniela :)
Well , we could see some glances of her best tennis , i mean , she hit 38 winners, made some great shots and so on .. in general , i believe that this was a better game than the game against Dellacqua , so maybe she'll be better to 3rd round :)
It definitely was more agressive play. Against Dellacqua Daniela's strokes lacked depth and she didn't risk too much. This match against Johansson was much better in that department. I don't mind unforced errors that much, but Daniela really needs to stop making them in clearly winning positions.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:17 

Local Time:
It seemed there was a bit of a breeze and I don't think that helped Daniela too much and it probably contributed to some of her errors in the second set. Also, Johansson was playing her best tennis then and was giving Daniela a lot of looping shots and moonballs which gave Daniela some problems in the second set. Plus, Johansson wasn't making too many errors as she was behind and didn't have that much pressure on her, but when there was some pressure on her, like when she served for the second set or the later half of the third, then she got a bit tighter and made more errors.

Daniela was more experienced and mentally stronger and that helped her and she was able to step it up when she needed to. She also got used to Johansson's tendencies.

I'm really happy Daniela came through this and controlled her emotions when she was getting frustrated by the linecalls and errors, but she kept her focus and discipline and made her shots when she needed to. It showed she had confidence in her game. We all know that she's a great fighter and she showed that again.

Great job Daniela :wav:

banned
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:32 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 17:54
watching Andrea Petkovic vs Alize Cornet

Johansson was using power more to make her points. Played a lot of middled shots. Waited for errors. Or gapping opportunities. She eased up towards the end.

Cornet looks more open with her shot slection than I had expected. She is in control of this match. She is making points -- and errors. She makes them spurts though. So it will be yet another step up.

Daniela is an Ace Leader!!!

1. N.Petrova - 13
2. J.Dokic - 10
2. D.Hantuchova - 10
4. S.Bremond - 9
4. K.Kanepi - 9
6. A.Ivanovic - 8
6. F.Pennetta - 8
8. V.Williams - 7
8. S.Lisicki - 7
8. A.Kleybanova - 7

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:34 

Local Time:
wohooo!!!! :D

relief again! it should really have been a clean straight sets win, but the main thing is, she won! I felt she was hitting the ball a lot better than in her first round match, but like everyone has mentioned here, just way too many unforced errors, especially when she was in the winning position. Just seems like she's going for way too much, and needs to have more margin. So again, lots of room for improvement, and her R3 match is another day, so hopefully, her performance gets better again.

Looks like her R3 opponent is Cornet. 3rd time in 3 straight years. Hope she wins!!!!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 05:59 

Local Time:
Cornet beat Petkovic 6-1, 6-0.

banned
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 06:04 

Local Time:
Cornet beat Petkovic 6-1, 6-0.

No excuses for the lost game. 8-) Petkovic was not good.

The attitude and level of maturity rather sucked. It suprises me she just didn't get kicked off early, for that case. What do I know?

She either wailed out or handed Cornet the chump shot. What she did go for hadn't the prowess for a winners -- Cornet runs balls down and hands them right back. For this kind of reliablity, Petkovic only sat out in the corner to be hammered.

Picture perfect . . .

I didn't like Cornet before but she is growing on me. Doesn't matter though. I still like Danka -- even if she loses to Cornet. Logically, I might stop liking Cornet at that point though. :P Might like her (as a second rate player) more if she just done lost. :?: Hopefully they will have a very engaging match, in which Danka prevails, and that will peak my interests. (like asking for favors in return for partiality that should have been merited otherwise -- I'm sure she's completely agreeable to this :lol: I'll ask and see -- no really I'll stop now)

OK, I am quite done now. Yes I am.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 07:50 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 09:54
Thursdays schedule

Court 8, 01:00 CET Start (11:00 local)

1. Jie Zheng vs. Melinda Czink
2. Hantuchova/Sugiyama vs. Holland/Peers
3. Bremond vs. Bondarenko
4. Men's Doubles

Last edited by MartinH on 21. January 2009 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

banned
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 07:59 

Local Time:
Thursdays schedule

Court 8, 01:00 CET Start

1. Jie Zheng vs. Melinda Czink
2. Hantuchova/Sugiyama vs. Holland/Peers
3. Bremond vs. Bondarenko
4. Men's Doubles
CET is that Austrian time?

EDIT
OK I answer mine own question. For the sake of clarity it is the second match. The first will start at 11:00 locally (+10 ?).

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 09:30 

Local Time:
Hey! I had my lucky day today :D
First i search for Dani at all outside courts but i dont found her. So i think mh maybe she is prectising on showcourt 3, if she would play there later. nd yes i am right. I see her :)
i asked her to get an autograph, but she said she has to change the court now. So i follow her to court 10, where she practice again. i take a lot of pictures and videos, but i will upload them ,when i am back in germany. it seems to me that she was very sure and concentrated.After her training she gave me an autograph :) But there were so many fans.
Then i go to show court 3 to see her match. I sat in the first row and behind her. i sat next to another dani fan :-) And there were many dani fans, who support her great :)
i think i dont need to say anything about the match, i think you could see it?
the first set was very good and concentrated and she hits a lot of winners.
then in the second she has a lot of easy faults. and she quarrel with the referee about some points. that was no so good for her play.
but then in the third i think she fights back and also johannson makes a lot of UE. So she could won the match :) i was sooo happy :) So i will see her again friday i think.

And i will follow her doubles match tomorrow. Ah ja, i ask her (and many others too)to get her towel, but she takes her two towels in her bag :( But there will be another chance to ask her again ;) After the match she was very friendly and gaves some autographs.

Beautiful Danka :)

So i love the AO and the whole atmosphere, i wish they would never end :( ;)
Many greetings, Patti

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 21. January 2009 10:02 

Local Time:
|16. May 2024| 14:54
This is great and awesome.
I hope she will continue to cruise ahead! Go Danka!

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 674 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 45  Next