Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Olympic Games, Beijing
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 16:09 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 09:36
Whew, Daniela.....GOOD LUCK and May the Force be with you ;)

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 18:30 

Local Time:
Couldn't be worse. That draw is just horrible.

Let me just analyse the current situation:

Daniela: far away from 100% and top form

1st round Sugiyama: in good form

2nd round Wozniaki: even better form

3rd round Dementieva: also in good form

Last but not least Serena: no comment

Daniela H A N T U C H O V A
Rafael N A D A L

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 20:46 

Local Time:
I really don't think this draw is too bad, i mean she could have had vaidisova or Li in the 1st round. i think winning one round is the best we can hope for at the moment though. mind you it seems that the winner of the olympics this year will be who can play the best on smog courts as opposed to hard courts... :?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 21:18 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 08:36
This is a tough draw as Ai's been a nemesis of Daniela lately and Wozniacki's in good form, so this will be difficult for her. We'll just have to go by the old cliche of one match at a time. A lot will come down to Daniela's fitness and confidence. She beat Na Li in extreme heat in the 2007 Indian Wells semi-final so hopefully the conditions won't affect her. Daniela's done some training at Sanchez Casal so that should help as she's hardly had any opportunity to train this year but this time she's been able to prepare and she's fit.

It's harsh as there are a lot of players worse than AI or Wozniacki that Daniela could have played, but she's just got to focus on beating the players she's drawn against. The doubles draw doesn't bring too much consolation either.

It's also interesting how someone can reveal, or should that be flaunt, their prejudices when commenting on a tennis draw.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 22:40 

Local Time:
These draws are so incredible that it makes me laugh. :D

Nothing to hope, but try to enjoy your olympic games, Daniela ! :P

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 22:47 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 02:36
It's also interesting how someone can reveal, or should that be flaunt, their prejudices when commenting on a tennis draw.

Is this a reference to my comments about Olympic entry system, using Selima Sfar as an example? I wrote: "What the hell is a stiff like Sfar doing in this draw? Nadia Petrova cannot play but Selima Sfar gets a free invite? Shouldn't the Olympics be all about merit, not trying to concoct some ethnically perfect stew."

If so, you are way off base. If you interpreted any racial or ethnic prejudice in my remarks, you either misread my remarks or worse are one of those fools who can find racism in a ham sandwich. I have a prejudice in favor of merit, that's all. The best players should play regardless of national origin, color, religion, whatever. I only used Sfar as an example because of her proximity in the draw to Daniela. I'll say the same thing about Alicia Molik, as well. You can disagree with my opinion all you want, but don't you dare call me anything derogatory when there's no evidence of that whatsoever.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 23:31 

Local Time:
So you're just a poor communicator that's unable to express things well, or so you say.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 23:39 

Local Time:
:shock: first time when i saw the draws i thought Why Daniela have a terrible draws??

;) This time I'm try to think a positive " EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE "

GO GO GO!!!!! Daniela

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 7. August 2008 23:48 

Local Time:
|11. May 2024| 02:36
So you're just a poor communicator that's unable to express things well, or so you say.

No I expressed myself quite clearly the first time. If you didn't comprehend it then and still don't comprehend it now after I elaborated on it, you are being an idiot (and that's me being kind).
I'm the world's foremost expert on my own opinion, I don't need snide remarks from you (or anyone else) telling me what I really mean.

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. August 2008 05:20 

Local Time:

media master
PostPosted: 8. August 2008 09:14 

Local Time:
i hope we gonna see Daniela waving today during the Ceremony :D

Fan of Daniela Hantuchova since the Australian Open 2002 Other players: Azarenka,Wozniacki,Henin,Safarova,Benesova

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. August 2008 11:20 

Local Time:

Is this a reference to my comments about Olympic entry system, using Selima Sfar as an example? I wrote: "What the hell is a stiff like Sfar doing in this draw? Nadia Petrova cannot play but Selima Sfar gets a free invite? Shouldn't the Olympics be all about merit, not trying to concoct some ethnically perfect stew."

If so, you are way off base. If you interpreted any racial or ethnic prejudice in my remarks, you either misread my remarks or worse are one of those fools who can find racism in a ham sandwich. I have a prejudice in favor of merit, that's all. The best players should play regardless of national origin, color, religion, whatever. I only used Sfar as an example because of her proximity in the draw to Daniela. I'll say the same thing about Alicia Molik, as well. You can disagree with my opinion all you want, but don't you dare call me anything derogatory when there's no evidence of that whatsoever.

pmrd44 - I totally get your point. Its Olympic rules though, only six participants per country (I think its a maximum of four singles participants and two doubles teams). The likes of Petrova didn't make the cut.
I agree with you about Sfar in the sense that she doesn't normally appear in Tier I or even Tier II draws that often on the tour, but the Olympics is a different kind of event and lets face it if it went on ranking then there would be 10+ Russians in the draw, which wouldn't be that exciting.

Tier II Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. August 2008 12:32 

Local Time:
i hope we gonna see Daniela waving today during the Ceremony :D
The delegations will enter in the stadium according to the Chinese alphabetical order. Slovakia is at the end, after Swaziland and Slovenia, and just before Portugal.

The link with the order of the passages : .

Fan de Daniela en toutes circonstances.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 8. August 2008 17:54 

Local Time:
no need to say that it's a hell of a draw...
Sugiyama has become a bogey opponent for Daniela, and I don't think that she has already forgotten these heavy losses against her in 2008...
Anyway i wish Daniela all the best and hope she enjoys her time in Beijing.
I saw her today at the Opening Ceremony, has anyone a screenshot?

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. August 2008 20:42 

Local Time:
She needs too fond her comfort zone and stay there permentantly before the US Open.
Lifes to hard with Naver-tell-me-its-over.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next