HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Toray Pan Pacific Open, Tokyo
PostPosted: 23. September 2013 15:00 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 01:20
Daniela's doubles match is last on Court 4 after two singles matches. Play starts at 11am.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. September 2013 20:38 

Local Time:
|28. April 2024| 20:20
Even at 3-0 in the first, I was fearful, because it hardly was Daniela dominance. The first game went to deuce, and the same with the next when she achieved her only break. The next game was ridiculous, deuces wild. As Patti noted, Dani had the ad at least 6 times and Pennetta just kept finding ways to even it up, and managed to get a break point. Daniela won the marathon and that felt good, as it evidenced she had her normal fighting spirit, but I knew it was a most misleading 3-0 lead. Yet she went up 0-30 on Flavia's serve, and one is left to wonder what might have been had she went up 2 breaks.
The doubles match will be about 3:00 AM here in New York…you'll have to win this one without me, young lady. Oddly, if Raymond extends this streak to 20 straight years with a doubles title, it will give Daniela 20 total titles.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. September 2013 10:34 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 02:20
Lost the double 36 16

What a dismal tournament...onto Beijing with very little hope..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. September 2013 11:44 

Local Time:
My God,the serving stats for the doubles match are absolutely horrific. :tape:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. September 2013 15:42 

Local Time:
|29. April 2024| 01:20
Yet another disappointing result in this tournament. It was a tough draw as Hsieh & Peng are a good team and were the favourites in this match but I would have expected Daniela & Raymond to have been a bit more competitive. We'll see whether the play together in Beijing.

The singles would have been a little easier to take if Pennetta had been competitive against Wozniacki but she only won 5 games.

Hopefully, Daniela's saving things for Beijing.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. September 2013 16:39 

Local Time:
This tournament is so dull even at the best of times.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. September 2013 20:24 

Local Time:
Wasn't this almost an exact duplicate of New Haven? We know what happened the next tourney. ;)
Anyone noticed (I know of two of us that have) the astounding spike in the number of Likers on Daniela's FB page? As the page's unofficial curator, I know that this sort of thing did not come close to happening after her wins in Thailand or in Birmingham, or after she beat Venus or Caro. Nor did anything like this occur after the ESPN Magazine birthday suit cover. This began just before she reached the quarters in New York and hasn't slowed even after the last two days. This is very gratifying to me. Daniela is reaching her highest level of popularity maybe ever, and to me it has little to nothing to do with sexiness or if she's more of a bombshell than Sharapova or Kounikova. Daniela is truly being seen the way she actually is…the person we in the Forum have always known her to be. Heartwarming. :) I hope for more New York type results in the foreseeable future and less Tokyo/New Haven one's, so this trend continues.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. September 2013 13:22 

Local Time:
Nice comments Alex. It does appear that Daniela's popularity is increasing after het QF showing at the US Open.

However, Daniela will desperately need a good showing in Beijing to make sure she qualifies for Sofia. Safarova could overtake Daniela if she makes the semis at Tokyo so Beijing is really important to get at least a win..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. September 2013 00:32 

Local Time:
Nice comments Alex. It does appear that Daniela's popularity is increasing after het QF showing at the US Open.

However, Daniela will desperately need a good showing in Beijing to make sure she qualifies for Sofia. Safarova could overtake Daniela if she makes the semis at Tokyo so Beijing is really important to get at least a win..

Much obliged, eddy. Not that I didn't feel that way about Daniela already, but after Carlsbad and seeing the Priceless Smile from feet away from something I said to her…well :P. Daniela will never know how many times since that if I was feeling a little down, I relive those moments in my mind and everything seems OK after that. I imagine there's a lot of other people all over the world whose lives she has similarly touched.
Totally agree about the need to qualify for Sofia. I see her doing really well there this time if she gets there. Cross fingers!

Safarova had her shot at semis, won the 1st set then let it get away. Fine by us, but Ricky Ricardo would not have been happy....LuCIE! You've got some 'SPLAININ to do! :lol:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2