Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: New Haven Open at Yale, New Haven
PostPosted: 16. August 2013 18:49 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 07:07
Dates: August 18 - 24, 2013 image
Venue: New Haven, USA
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $690,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Anne Worcester

Official Website: www.newhavenopen.com

Last Appearance: 2012 1st round. Lost to Mona Barthel 6-3 7-5

Singles:
1R: Simona Halep (ROU) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-2 6-1

Doubles:
1R: Cara Black/Vania King bt Daniela Hantuchova/Martina Hingis 6-3 6-1

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: New Haven Open at Yale, New Haven
PostPosted: 16. August 2013 18:50 

Local Time:
Singles draw:MDS14.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. August 2013 19:12 

Local Time:
It is a tough draw as Halep's in good form and she's beaten Daniela both times they've played. However, Daniela really should have beaten Halep in Doha but was tired after a marathon final in Pattaya and a long flight while she didn't play well in Rome but still had opportunities. Since the match in Rome Halep has been playing very well but Daniela's had good wins this year but she'll have to play well and, most importantly, take her chances.

New Haven and Stanford really like to remind you that their tournament takes place on the campus of an august seat of learning but Toronto makes no mention of being on the York University campus. Maybe it's Canadian modesty or maybe York isn't as prestigious an institution of intellectual inquiry.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. August 2013 20:15 

Local Time:
Daniela & Martina play Cara Black & Vania King in the first round of the doubles. The winner plays either Pennetta/Raymond or Huber/Llagostera Vives.
MDD9.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. August 2013 23:37 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 08:07
Daniela first up against Halep Monday from midday..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 00:41 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 02:07
Reeling in shock not just that Vila beat Serena, but the way she pulled it off.
The next two days will be very interesting. Daniela has all kinds of problems with Halep, then we have Vania King saying that Dani is her toughest foe. We all know that all things are possible with Daniela. Fingers crossed that she reverses the first trend and keeps the second one going.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 17:26 

Local Time:
1-0. Daniela holds to 30, df#1+2
1-1. Halep saves 1 BP, GP, BP , BP, GP and Halep holds
2-1. Daniela holds to 0, ace#1
2-2. Daniela saves 2 GP's but Halep holds
2-3. Daniela broken to 0 :evil: df#3
2-4. Halep holds to 0
2-5. Daniela 30-0, but got broken to 30....
2-6. Halep holds to 30

0-1. Daniela broken to 30, df#4
0-2. Halep holds to 30
0-3. Broken to 0 :x
0-4. Halep holds to 0
1-4. 0-40, deuce,GP and she holds, df#5
1-5. Halep holds to deuce
1-6. Daniela broken with 2nd MP, soooo :( :(

Last edited by Patti1989 on 19. August 2013 18:17, edited 6 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 17:36 

Local Time:
It's amazing how many break point chances Daniela fails to convert, it really is shocking..

I just don't understand this, why is Daniela struggling so much against Halep...2-5 down, BE PATIENT DANIELA.

2-6 in half an hour, this is really sad, I wish I could see the match and see why Daniela is struggling so much.

What does Halep do to make Daniela capitulate every time they play???

As in Rome Halep takes every single break point opportunity 2/2

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 17:50 

Local Time:
The first set went by quickly. It's crucial that Daniela holds her serve to start the second.

I said it was crucial but Halep breaks Daniela again. Halep's won the last 10 BPs she's had against Daniela which is freakish. Halep's 3/3 on BPs but Daniela's 0/3 plus Halep is doing so much better on serve: 65% 1st serves in, winning 73% & 50% on 2nd serve while Daniela's getting 55% 1st serves in winning 56% and she's only 23 % on 2nd serve.

Halep's gone to 4/4 on BPs. Daniela needs to produce something pretty miraculous to win this now because this isn't looking too positive at the moment.

Fuck, I'm starting to think that Daniela's going to have to concentrate on doubles.

Daniela holds from 0-40 winning the next 5 points. One thing about Daniela is that she'll keep fighting and she'll never give up.

Bah, Daniela had a BP but Halep saved it and ended up winning the game.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 17:58 

Local Time:
I'm beyond words, especially after seeing Halep play against Serena last week.

Maybe we have to accept that Daniela is finished..:(

Halep makes Bartoli retire maybe will push Daniela to distress..
Wow Daniela actually saved a break point...saves 3 in fact to hold.
It really doesn't seem scientifically possible for Daniela to only get 3 games against Halep. I just don't understand what's gone wrong with Daniela since her title run in Birmingham. It just doesn't make sense. It's a complete U-turn.Maybe the Wimbledon 1st round loss when she was in such good form before hand really took the stuffing out of her. In Stanford and Carlsbad Daniela played actually good for the most part just got unlucky in those tiebreakers against Ula.I seriously think that Daniela may stop her singles career if she doesn't have a good run in the US Open. And if Hingis leaves her for another partner due to bad results in doubles then I can't see Daniela bouncing back from all these setbacks and she may believe that God is telling her something.
I.hope I'm wrong but this has been snowballing for a while.now..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 18:21 

Local Time:
Halep added to the list of Pavlyuchenkova, Petkovic, Errani as most frustrating players Daniela loses against.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 18:25 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 02:07
Did I ruin our gal this bad by letting her see me face to face? :roll: No singles wins since I saw her double bagel Paszek. I can't recall her last loss that was this one sided. It's scary. My feelings about a run in New York are all but gone. Daniela has often pulled the Phoenix rising from the ashes; for now I'll hold onto that and hope it falls into place with Martina.

I just noticed that I have the same number of posts as Daniela has career wins. No wonder she was doomed today! :(

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 20. August 2013 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 18:31 

Local Time:
This is depressing. I wonder if the match would have been different if Daniela had broken in Halep's fisrt service game when she had 3 BPs or the second when she got to deuce but Halep held both times and then went on to win 8 games in a row. Daniela's service stats were poor: 5 DFs to one ace, only 52% 1st serves in winning 62% and she only won 22% on her second serve. Serving like that isn't going to win against good players.

I hope that Halep played amazingly because if the score is because Daniela played badly then that's depressing.

Hopefully Daniela can have a good run in the doubles but I think Hingis is a succubus because it seems like everyone she associates with becomes terrible.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 18:47 

Local Time:
Apparently Halep didn't miss a ball after the 3rd game. And Daniela typically played one good point then two bad points etc...I think the doubles responsibility to rejuvanate Hingis' career has affected her singles. The worst timing considering Daniela's singles apart from winning Birmingham is in a slump...I think Daniela should have waited until the end of the year to ask Hingis to come back to the tour...

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned it's a make it or break it US Open for Daniela...I don't think the draw matters at all...an extremely tough 1st round might inspire Daniela to play above her level, and if it's a top player in the first round then at least we'll get to see her play.

If she pulls off the win then Daniela might have a good run, but 6 GS 1st round losses in a row is looking very likely.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 19. August 2013 20:06 

Local Time:
I'll throw this out there-something has gone wrong with her training regime. Watching the match with Ula in Stanford,she looked absolutely shattered in the second set TB-even though Ula had been doing the vast majority of the running in that match. Same thing against Aga in Carlsbad,where she was soaking in sweat after an hours play whereas Aga looked as fresh as a daisy(and again she had been doing most of the running).

We didn't see the match with Petkovic in Cincinnati,but Andrea reeled off 6 games in a row in the final set,which indicates Daniela may have hit the wall.

Halep will never blow anybody off the court,but she is as much of a wall as Wozniacki is,and she wiil make you do a lot of running with angled shots and droppers. Maybe there was more going on in Hertogenbosch than we realized-it is very unlike Daniela to retire like that. :cry:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next