Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Southern California Open, Carlsbad
PostPosted: 3. August 2013 06:19 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:00
Lost in the doubles 6-4 5-7 3-10,which is a crushing disappointment. One of the refreshing things about Martina has always been her honesty-basically said that her lousy serving cost her team the match. :cry:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. August 2013 07:56 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:00
Daniela and Martina had the match in hand, guys. They came back from 1-3 to win the 1st set, then led 3-0 with a deciding point to make it 4-0. Then they were up 40-15 in the next game that would have made it 4-1. Even after all that they led 5-4. Painful. But it does show that they can play with the best doubles teams. We can hope that they peak in New York and bag a major. Thus ends a momentous week for Dani, and just as much for this Maniac that lived dreams this week!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. August 2013 16:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:00
Auch, this is disappointing as Daniela and Martina had a big lead and chances to extend it but couldn't. Spears & Kops-Jones are a good team though and they were able to get some joy against Martina's serve in the second half of the match.

Alex had a great time and saw Daniela have two great wins and got to meet Daniela.

Martina Hingis, having un-retired this week to play doubles, also looked like she’d cruise to a comfortable win with her partner Daniela Hantuchova. Leading by a set and a break, the veteran pair looked relaxed and giggled on changeovers. That’s when their opponents, Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears dug in their heels. The determined American duo used strong serves and solid volleys to ultimately take the match 4-6, 7-5, 10-3.

Hingis impressed with some bigger-than-expected groundstrokes, but her serve was often a target for abuse. Early in the second set, it seemed the off pace of Hingis’ serve had her opponents off rhythm. “It’s so slow,” yelled Kops-Jones at one point, frustrated by hitting a number of returns out. The younger team was able to settle back into their return game, however, and extend the match.
In the deciding tiebreaker, the Americans were the more intense team and quickly notched an insurmountable lead. Hingis saved one match point on her serve before losing the next, and final, point on another blazing return.

At the conclusion of the doubles match, which had been moved to the smaller Stadium 2, Hingis and Hantuchova gathered their things and started to walk out the rear exit. They didn’t get far. Quite a crowd of vocal fans had gathered at the front exit beckoning the pair to come that way. The veterans obliged the happy fans by crossing back to the swarm, signing autographs and posing for pictures. It was a classy gesture that will surely leave the lucky fans with a great memory of the evening.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. August 2013 19:56 

Local Time:
Daniela not in the toronto draw..just missed the cut, annoying!

Nadia Petrova withdrew after draw was made thus meaning Daniela couldn't enter...what a bitch Nadia..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2013 00:26 

Local Time:
Daniela not in the toronto draw..just missed the cut, annoying!

Nadia Petrova withdrew after draw was made thus meaning Daniela couldn't enter...what a bitch Nadia..

Yeah,I saw that-looks like Daniela's run of ill luck continues. She will just have to win the doubles as recompense. :P

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2013 01:05 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:00
Wildcards were given to Fichman & Dubois, and they're lousy players but they're Canadian and they end up getting drawn against each other so one of them will be in round two. Pennetta & Kleybanova used special rankings to get in.
Daniela can't get in although you know the organisers are going to use her and Hingis to get publicity and shift tickets.

Daniela did get a wildcard for Madrid but it always seems that if she's one spot off direct entry or a seeding, she's not going to get it but if she's on the last spot then there's always withdrawals or something that will let a few others in.

Mind you, Kuznetsova is in qualifying, I'm guessing she must have missed the entry deadline because her ranking should have been high enough for her to get in.

Last time Daniela was in Toronto she got put out on the worst court for her match against Martinez-Sanchez and she got screwed by atrocious line calls in 2009. This is not a tournament that's treated her well in recent years.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 4. August 2013 03:18 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:00
You know, there's a great view of a couple of holes of the La Costa golf course from a lounge in the main lobby. But I didn't catch Dani playing, nor did I know of her piano recital until after the fact. Shucks.
Now, I'm on a ridiculous high from the events of this week, so maybe this makes no sense, but I'm not hot and bothered that Daniela didn't get into the singles in Toronto. Nothing's lost based on her result last year in Montreal, so now she can continue her dream pairing with Hingis, relax, giggle, and not have to sign some weirdo's T-shirt! The place that I see her making a rise in the rankings (and I know this should never be said based on the last 5 majors, but what do I care, I'm saying it anyway!) is New York. For weeks, I've just had a feeling that Dani's going to make a good run at US Open. Logic? Not much. But anything's possible when Daniela's involved. Just ask Stormy and me! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3