Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Aegon Classic, Birmingham
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 19:30 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 03:04
Daniela just broke Riske and then held to 0 to go 4-1 up in the second set.

Daniela broke to 30 to go 5-1 up.

Daniela holds to 15 for the second set.

Riske goes off for a bathroom break and Sam Smith on commentary has gone on a rant about how disgraceful it is.

1-1, Daniela saves a BP to hold with some great serving.
1-2, Riske hold to love, she got a net cord at 15-0.
2-2, Daniela holds to 30.
2-3, Riske holds to 30, a few errors from Daniela.
3-3, Daniela holds to 30.
4-3, Daniela breaks to 0.
5-3, Daniela holds to 15.
5-4, Riske holds after 3 deuces.
6-4, Daniela serves it out, don't know the score because the stream dropped then my browser crashed and by the time I got everything working again the match was over. But Daniela won, she's in the final so who cares.
:wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 19:54 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 04:04
Of course Riske now playing amazing again... :?

2-3 This is getting worrying as we get to the business end of the final set. Riske is holding very easily..

Riske's backhand is ridiculously amazing.

Last edited by eddy on 15. June 2013 20:08, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 20:03 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 22:04
I just got home, guys. I'm out of words to describe this wild ride. Will this match get in before darkness? Tennis Channel is supposed to be replaying the match right now, but they're showing a Federer match in its place because it's still ongoing. Maybe that can carry Dani, such an admirer of Federer, over the top. 3-3, this would be a wonderful time to break this horse for a course Riske. Yes! Got it! Geaux, Daniela!
Much obliged, eddy. Let's get this thing over with well before that. 5-3! 106 mph, really!? She's won 9 of the last 10 points! C'mon, young lady, step on her throat right now, break her and win!
How stubborn was she there, though Riske got the game. Finish, Daniela, finish!
HOW UNREAL IS THIS!! INTO THE FINAL!! DANI! DANI! DANI! :beer: :beer:
Please now, Daniela, ditch the doubles and go for title #6!
She served it out at love!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 15. June 2013 20:29, edited 5 times in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 20:04 

Local Time:
I just got home, guys. I'm out of words to describe this wild ride. Will this match get in before darkness?

They should be fine until around 8.45pm

PS. Daniela's serving some at 106mph

AMAZING VOLLEY to go 3-3 0-30 on Riske's serve COMON (one for the highlights!)

QUITE SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! 103MPH ACE OUT WIDE TO REACH THE FINAL!!! :lol: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Tomorrow she could potentially play 4 matches HAHAHAHA

Singles final, and 3 doubles matches :lol: :lol: :lol:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 20:52 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 23:04
I could not watch, damn. But I'm so happy for her! My god, such a run was long overdue.

CONGRATS DANIELA! :beer: :beer:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 21:00 

Local Time:
Hantuchova after the triumph over Riskeovou shone with satisfaction. "It's great that Birmingham is the second time I managed to advance to the finals. At this tournament I competed for the first time back in 1999 and since then is one of my favorite. Terminal of the first set I did not come from ideas, from the beginning of the second act, however, had my power rising trend. Kvalitne I administered and returnovala, based mi risky shots to the lines, which was the basis of success," said Slovakian in the first interview right on the court.
@ google translate.

For Hantuchova was already semi achieve a new peak this year. So far in the current season far in the quarterfinals, and in January in Brisbane. "In England I always played well, grassy surface I love this tournament and also, perhaps due to the fact I was able to show off a turnover in the third row. Break at 4-3 in the third set, of course, was important, but to be honest, even I too studied evolution score. I took a ball for ball, I tried to concentrate only on the game, fight with all their might and deliver maximum," Hantuchova said, adding: " It was a great match and I had to do, so I was sufficiently regenerated after Friday's 3.5 hour-finals. Fortunately, I managed to put them together. Alison deserve praise for their performances in this event. If you build on them, can achieve great results. My Finals grueling Donna Vekičovú today I watched the semi-final against Magde Rybáriková. Apparently it's a great talent and promise for world tennis. Hope to Sunday to restore as much force. At this meeting I made her debut in 1999, so perhaps it's time to finally win the title here. "
@ google translate

Hantuchova after the triumph over Riskeovou shone with satisfaction.

"The procedure in the second final to Birmingham I am overjoyed. Neither myself do not know how I did after Friday nearly triapolhodinovom marathon with Francesca Schiavone handled physically. Glad foot more or less survived. Was not perfect, but I tried not to think although I sometimes limit the injury when bolting balls. fought like about each fiftín and it paid off. Neither myself do not know how I turned. In the first set after a rain break my rhythm a little harder fielded. since the beginning of the second act I, however, playful and released. started I have more to go after shots, play risky and aggressive, which is on the grass path to success," said Slovakian, against which Vekičovej expected tough match.

"It's a very clever toy and Birmingham also has a great week. Part I watched the match with Magda Rybarikova and played excellently. Playing fearless and aggressive tennis, good service. Now I mostly recover well."
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 21:02 

Local Time:
Any videos yet?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 22:27 

Local Time:
The final starts at 1 pm tomorrow and then it's doubles matches, so it could be 4 matches for Daniela.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 22:31 

Local Time:
Hantuchova followed Vekic into the final with a 57 61 64 win over American qualifier Alison Riske.

"Alison played really well - she always plays well on grass - but I just kept going and kept hanging in there, and tried not to give her too many free points," Hantuchova said. "I was a bit unlucky not to win the first set, I think I could have won that, but I'm happy with the way I turned it around the next two sets."

"She just played really well," Riske said. "I did the best I could, that's all I could do, but she just played a really clean match. It's always unfortunate to lose, but it's okay because I did all I could do. It's been a long day for me - I put in my first 12-hour work day with all the delays - but all credit to her."

Riske was playing her second WTA semifinal, her first one coming here in 2010. In fact the only other time she made a WTA quarterfinal was here as well, in 2011. Needless to say, she loves Birmingham.

"I'm just really comfortable here, I'm at home," Riske said. "I think that's just for England in general. It's really low key here, the atmosphere is friendly, everything's run well, you don't have any anxiety about anything, everything's taken care of. It's the perfect position to play well and I really love it here."

Hantuchova is in her 15th WTA final, going 5-9 in the first 14. She is playing Vekic for the first time.

"She's having a really good week," the former World No.5 said. "She's beaten some very good players and I think the grass suits her game. She reminds me of myself - a couple of years ago, of course."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 22:40 

Local Time:
Here's my views on everything!

Tomo vs Vekic:

I watched a bit of Vekic today and she has an awesome serve and is very solid off the ground. Daniela will need to move her around and mix things up but push Vekic deep out of the court. My gut says that the 16 year old will win tomorrow in two close sets simply because she'll be fresher and also just go out there and enjoy herself whereas Daniela's the favourite and it's never nice to lose against someone half your age. Daniela is experienced though at playing young guns and handled the Wimbledon 2009 vs Robson quite well. But I think Vekic has a lot more potential than Robson. The crowd will also be behind Vekic as she's based in Britain and has a British coach, there's been a few documentaries about her in the last few years too. I think us Brits want her to change Nationality! Regardless of the result tomorrow it has been a phenomenal week and finally Daniela's ridiculously hard effort has paid off.

Now onto the doubles situation:

Potentially Daniela after the singles match (thank goodness they put that first!) could play up to 3 doubles matches tomorrow, which must be a Guiness Book of Record as that would be 4 matches in total if she made the doubles final!!! I think Daniela will just go out and have fun in the first doubles match and do her duty for Hsieh who bless her has waited around 3 days for this match. I'm amazed Hsieh didn't withdraw tbh!

Ankle injury:

It seems that it was a precaution yesterday but Daniela should withdraw from doubles if her ankle is a still an issue after the singles match.

Hertengboush:

This is a tricky one. Daniela will know that she's likely to get a stinker of a draw at Wimbledon seeing as she won't be seeded.(ie; French Open) Maybe Daniela's thinking she should just ride the wave of good form and treat next week as if it's Wimbledon to get as much wins/points as possible to try and get a seeding for US Open and build on her good form. She's got Oprandi in the 1st round next week which is quite a good draw as Daniela has beaten Oprandi before. However, of course that will sap energy for Wimbledon so it's really tough to know whether she should withdraw from next week or not. To move up the rankings Daniela would need a QF next week, but that would only give her an extra 10 points so really a semi-final would be a desired result at least to make the tournament worthwhile. My feelings are to withdraw from next week and get settled at Wimbledon nice and early and avoid a likely injury/fatigue from too many matches. I really think that besides Serena and Sharapova, Daniela could take out anyone in the draw.

Overall congrats Daniela on win no.503 already!! And let's hope tomorrow she can get win no.504!! 8-)

The best thing about this week is that Daniela may steer off retiring for a few more years seeing as she knows she can still reach WTA finals. :beer: :beer:

What is everyone else's thoughts?? What would you do in Daniela's situation??

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 22:55 

Local Time:
We'll just see what happens in the final tomorrow, eddy. Daniela's got the experience and Vekic is almost young enough to be her daughter :shock: but Vekic will be fresher and rested while Daniela's had a lot of long tough matches.

I think she'll probably play doubles but who knows how fit, motivated or focused she'll be for doubles but doubles on grass won't be too demanding.

We'll see what happens in Hertogenbosch. I think Daniela will have a check up tomorrow night or Monday to see how she is because I think she'll want to be fit for Wimbledon and won't risk exacerbating an injury if she needs to rest or recover but if she's okay to play then she'll probably play although she could have a let down.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. June 2013 23:48 

Local Time:
UPDATE:

Daniela and Hsieh withdraw from doubles.

Reason: HSIEH with upper respiratory illness - how odd for Hsieh to stay a whole day (she was seen practicing) and then suddenly withdraw...

Relieved that Daniela can just focus on the singles final tomorrow. Then afterwards see if she head to the Netherlands. She'll get Monday off at least.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2013 00:47 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 22:04
Daniela and Hsieh withdraw from doubles.

THANK HEAVEN!

A deep bow of thanks to Hsieh for taking a bullet (and upcoming ridicule) for Daniela. This was the only way to go, not just for Dani, but for the other 3 teams who were in a suspended state. And probably for the tourney directors and sponsors as well, as they can now spread the remaining doubles matches and get them in. (As I check Birmingham weather for a 6th straight day, I see cool, but only a 1 in 3 chance of rain during the time the final is set and 2 hours after.

What is everyone else's thoughts?? What would you do in Daniela's situation??

My first thought is that I'm not used to people asking me that question! I'm already on record as believing Daniela should rest up after tomorrow. Especially now, with 7 matches in 6 days and with either 200 or 280 points banked. Makes it easier to flip 60 of them back. However, I really do want our friend Helio to get to see her in person. As for Vekic, I could put together 30 or more reasons why logic says that she wins. Yet as we well know over a dozen years and particularly the last 5 days, it's incorrect to put the words logic and Daniela's results in the same sentence! I mean, this week alone a case could have been made for her losing each match before they were played (and a few betting sites did), and look where she is.

The match is set to start at 8:00 AM in New York. If all falls into place, it will be over prior to the 10:00 sacrament meeting I attend. If not, I will not bring a phone into the chapel, and I'll have to nervously wait. When the services are over, and if I don't already know, I will be counting on you guys to most hopefully deliver the great news of title #6 to me!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2013 01:01 

Local Time:
Hsieh's taking one for Daniela and removing a distraction and allowing Daniela to fully focus on the final. She probably waited to see what would happen in the singles or if the doubles match would get played. With Daniela in the final and three doubles matches to play, then it would be really tough to win the doubles plus she can go and concentrate on her next tournament. Fair play to Hsieh for doing that.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. June 2013 01:31 

Local Time:
Thanks Alex, I really would be happy if I saw daniela, but I care more about her results And health. Let's see how things go tomorrow. I trust that she'll make the best decision.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next