Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Sony Open Tennis, Miami
PostPosted: 20. March 2013 19:23 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 04:17
Wow so encouraging!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. March 2013 20:09 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 03:17
A really good win against a potentially difficult opponent. Daniela won quickly and controlled the match.
Admittedly, Pironkova's on a long losing streak at the moment but Daniela was able to beat her easily enough. I felt she did well to hold to go 5-3 up in the second because Pironkova had held after saving 3 BPs and would be looking to change the momentum but Daniela had a good hold and kept control of the match and won it on her next service game.

Thanks for the livescore , Patti.

Daniela Hantuchová
about an hour ago
Hey everyone, so happy to win my first match today. it´s always so much fun to be in Miami, now time to head to the beach!
With love dani
@ Daniela's facebook

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. March 2013 21:21 

Local Time:
I like her immediate social network comment to us fans. She must have been very happy with how she played today. When was the last year she won matches at both Indian wells and Miami?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. March 2013 22:04 

Local Time:
2009, eddy. Daniela got to the fourth round at Indian Wells and won her first round match in Miami. 2010 - 2012, Daniela lost her first match at Indian Wells and got fourth round and two third rounds in Miami. It is weird that her recent record in Miami has been better than Indian Wells when Daniela didn't won a match in Miami until 2004.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. March 2013 00:35 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is the third match on Court 6, play starts at 11am.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. March 2013 18:24 

Local Time:
I've been analysing the singles draw and this tournament is a golden opportunity for Daniela. She's just got to get past Errani. Halep and Paszek are totally beatable on hard court if Daniela makes 3r. So a Daniela in form should make at the least 4r which would be such a help to get towards being in the top 50.

This tournament is crucial as big tournaments coming up on clay and grass season the draws won't be as a nice as this.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. March 2013 21:25 

Local Time:
Doubles

1-0, Daniela & Medina Garrigues break to 40.
2-0, Daniela & Medina Garrigues hold to 30.
3-0, Daniela & Medina Garrigues break to 15.
4-0, Daniela & Medina Garrigues hold to 40, save 2 BPs.
4-1, Keys/Tomljanovic hold to 40, save a BP.
5-1, Daniela & Medina Garrigues hold to 0.
5-2, Tomljanovic holds to 40, saving a set point. Served an ace in the game.
6-2, Daniela & Medina Garrigues serve out to 0.

2nd set

0-1, Keys/Tomljanovic hold to 40, save a BP.
1-1, Daniela & Medina Garrigues hold to 15.
2-1, Daniela & Medina Garrigues break to 0.
3-1, Daniela & Medina Garrigues hold from 30-40.
3-2, Keys/Tomljanovic hold to 0.
3-3, Daniela broken to 15, served 2 DFs that game.
4-3, Daniela & Medina Garrigues break to 40 on their 3rd BP.
5-3, Medina Garrigues holds to 0.
6-3, Daniela & Anabel break to 30 to win on their 3rd MP.

Good win in the doubles. Maybe Daniela & Anebel could have won it a little more easily as there were quite a few BPs that they didn't convert but they broke on Keys & Tomljanovic's last 2 service games. They were solid on serve except for the sixth game of the second set where Daniela served 2 DFs. Overall it was a good win and performance.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. March 2013 22:58 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 22:17
Ding-Ding! Daniela-bel! Ding-Ding!
So far, Dani hasn't spent all that much time on the court. Maybe that helps tomorrow. I try very hard not to look down the road at her draws, but you are dead on, eddy. A win tomorrow would be humungeous. And it seems like lately, she and Errani have been alternating beating each other. So it's Daniela's turn! I wrote on her FB page that I have sensed a real positive vibe this week both on that page and here in the Forum. To be clear, I almost never see totally negative things said here about her. You guys are honest, and call it like you see it. So that when the comments are very positive, I know that it's what you truly feel, and I've seen that here this week. (This is something I find important in my radio broadcasting of High School sports here in upstate New York. While I never get personal, I will be critical of a kid if he or she makes a glaring mistake. People get on my case [How can you say that about a kid? That kind of thing]. What I tell them is Hey, this way when I say a kid has done something good, you'll know that I really mean it!) Let's try as hard as ever to send that positive vibe toward South Florida (and whatever beach Dani goes to late today :!: ). Hopefully she will pick it up and go on to a big victory!

Something told me that this match would be a nighttime one. Stadium Court, 2nd match (Djokovic plays in the 1st one, starting at 8:00 EDT.) Probably won't start until 10:00 PM EDT, so a late night for me, likely a middle of the nighter for some of you guys.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2013 02:08 

Local Time:
BTW, guys, it was exactly 1 year ago today that I saw Daniela live and in person. Yes indeed, it's been 1 year since the shocking photo was taken that I display (to Dani's dismay) under my name. How sweet of her to celebrate this momentous occasion with a doubles victory!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2013 17:05 

Local Time:
There probably wont be a stream tonight :(

I've never too pleased when Daniela has to play a night match as the balls will travel slower favouring Errani more..but hopefully Daniela can play patiently and wait for the right balls to attack. The serve and return will be key too. The longer the match goes the slower Errani's serve becomes so Daniela's she's got attack slow serves.

Not sure Daniela's going to get on court today..rain rain go away..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. March 2013 01:39 

Local Time:
All the rain has created a big delay and that will make it difficult for Daniela. Her match may get moved to another court or it could get played tomorrow. I just hope that Daniela gets reasonable time to prepare.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. March 2013 02:11 

Local Time:
It's like Pattaya all over again FFS

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. March 2013 05:16 

Local Time:
I guess those positive vibes got swallowed up by the Bermuda Triangle. Honestly didn't think Dani would get blown out. I won't blame rain, since the powers that be did switch courts and the match started really only 45 min. to an hour later than it would have. Kinda disgouraging. Hey, go, Daniela-bel!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. March 2013 07:03 

Local Time:
Bloody weather. It was bad enough playing late at night,when the cold makes the court slower and therefore tougher to hit through Errani,but with the rain delays as well.....no wonder Daniela didn't produce her best. Her sucky Miami record continues. :cry:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 23. March 2013 07:53 

Local Time:
bad weather, bad score
S Errani (ITA) d. D Hantuchova (SVK) 63 61

Profile WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next