Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 10. March 2013 03:30 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:59
That was depressing and just so frustrating. I could take this if Azarranka had been amazing but for the most part she wasn't much more than really solid and Daniela made errors. There were an awful lot of rallies, especially in the 2nd set, where Daniela made an error. Sometimes she was slightly out of position and had to go for a big shot but other times it seemed like she wanted to end the rally. A lot of the shots she missed in the second set were shots she was making in the first. It's also so frustrating that so many of the game that went to deuce were won by Azarenka. As much as anything Daniela lost this because I don't feel that Azarenka did anything amazing out there other than be solid.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2013 03:39 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:59
Well there was some great tennis in that first set,at least.

I concur with eddy about the state of Daniela's fitness,and sorry to flog a dead horse,but I find what Etcheberry did unforgivable. :wall:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2013 03:51 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 13:59
Daniela was 2-8 in games that went to deuce. A few points here and there made so much difference and if she'd taken that BP at 4-3 in the first who knows what could have happened. I agree with you eddy that Daniela did look jaded, especially in the second set. I think matches take more out of her these days, or at least it takes her longer to recover from long matches, and she had a tough first round match as well as doubles yesterday. Daniela's played a lot of tennis over the years.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2013 05:05 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:59
Frig, frig, fonnabula. Still with my wife in hospital (a bit better, and that's what really matters), so I could only phone follow it. Didn't know it was 4-1, but boy was I ever excited when I saw 4-2. I did note all of the deuce game on serve and how they all went the other way. I felt somewhat encouraged by the early lead, until I read what you guys said. Now it feels discouraging. Now, you all saw the match and I didn't, so I can't deny what you saw. And you're very likely right and I may be kidding myself. But Daniela's win over Errani in Brisbane, and the one just 2 nights ago, were old fashioned Danielathons where she ground out the victory. And she seems to me to be working harder on her training/fitness than ever before. I'd love to believe that there's still something left in the tank. Realistically, she can't move up much in the rankings until it's clay time, where she gains points simply by showing up. I guess I'm not disagreeing, just hoping. Can't deny that's Dani's soon to be 30 and has a lot of mileage behind her. Hey, we still have Daniela-bel tomorrow.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2013 20:43 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:59
It's a shame, but daniela has no form whatsoever at the moment. Sadly she needs match practice but her ranking won't let her do that. It must be all very frustrating.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2013 23:11 

Local Time:
Eduardo's advice was a bit duff last night-he tells her not to hit the flat forehand,to hit it with more spin,but to be very aggressive with it. Unless your name is Sam Stosur,you aren't going to be very successful attacking with topspin on the WTA. Daniela immediately started shanking balls all over the place in the effort to put more revolutions on the ball.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 00:15 

Local Time:
Agreed, the only way Daniela was going to be competitive yesterday was hard flat shots, Azarenka prefers a loopy ball so she can attack herself. The first point of the whole match demonstrated what Daniela needed to do..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 00:25 

Local Time:
Benji, was Daniela up 4-1 when this happened? Anyone ever heard of if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Actually, if this was the cause of her fadeout last night, it makes me feel a lot better than what was being bandied about in the Forum yesterday. Still looking forward to Daniela-bel doubles and the clay season. If Miami doesn't go well, hey, nothing can take away my memories from last year! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 01:03 

Local Time:
Thing is, she was quite successful when she started adding top spin in her golden days at Sanchez Casal. But I guess they might be figuring out what do next.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 01:19 

Local Time:
Benji, was Daniela up 4-1 when this happened? Anyone ever heard of if it ain't broke, don't fix it? Actually, if this was the cause of her fadeout last night, it makes me feel a lot better than what was being bandied about in the Forum yesterday. Still looking forward to Daniela-bel doubles and the clay season. If Miami doesn't go well, hey, nothing can take away my memories from last year! :)

No,Eduardo came on at the end of the first set and at 1-*4 in the second. The ineffectiveness of his advice can be ascertained by the second set scoreline,because if anything,Vika played even worse in the second set(she only really played well from 4-1 down in the first set.)

It's controversial,but I would like to see what happens if a coach really gives her a rocket during the break. Eduardo was full of positive advice,but it didn't seem to do anything to make Daniela lift her head up. Maybe getting her pissed off is the answer? :dunno:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 05:55 

Local Time:
Maybe getting her pissed off is the answer? :dunno:

It's a bit weird to see Daniela and 'pissed off' in the same paragraph. I can, however, relate a great memory from seeing Dani last year for the first time. She and Aga were in a supertiebreak, and when a ball that was clearly out was called good, giving the opponents a 2-0 lead, Dani got pissed and had her say to the chair (it was the most recent of a string of questionable rulings). On the next point, a return landed in almost the exact same spot and was correctly ruled out. Dani gave the chair the best all-time ever drop-dead look this side of Hollywood. I still :lol: when I picture it. That point would be the first of 8 straight for Dani and Aga, who cruised from there to the win. So from what i saw with my own eyes, your hypothesis could well have some merit!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 10:37 

Local Time:
I think daniela should reconsider what tournaments she plays. She needs to win matches, not get trashed by the top ten.

I know she is proud, but she needs to build some form.

Site Admin
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 15:40 

Local Time:
I think daniela should reconsider what tournaments she plays. She needs to win matches, not get trashed by the top ten.

I know she is proud, but she needs to build some form.

she can't really skip IW. It's mandatory for all who is qualified by ranking, and she was. But in general, you are right. She should play more international events, or look for the premier events which most likely won't gather many top players. She should ask Wozniacki about advice on that one :)

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 16:41 

Local Time:
Oh, I know about IW. And I would not expect her to miss it, it is home to her proudest moments. But some reality check might be good.

Caroline and Agnieska can definitely guide her here.

And I TRULY hope she does not get frustrated by her lack of results and abandons Sanchez Casal.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2013 17:12 

Local Time:
Oh, I know about IW. And I would not expect her to miss it, it is home to her proudest moments. But some reality check might be good.

Caroline and Agnieska can definitely guide her here.

And I TRULY hope she does not get frustrated by her lack of results and abandons Sanchez Casal.

Well,it wasn't like she was having great results before she rejoined Sanchez-Casal. If nothing else,they have repaired her serve,which looks to be working OK again-just needs a little more pop on it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next