Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 01:50 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 14:51
Daniela's going to serve first.

1-0, Daniela holds to 15, served a DF.
2-0, Daniela breaks on her 2nd BP, Foretz Gacon had 3 GPs.
3-0, Daniela finally wins the game on her 5th GP, had to save a BP. Was 30-0 then served a DF and then the game got close.
3-1, Foretz Gacon holds to 0.
3-2, Daniela broken to 0. What's going on? The first 3 games took about 25 minutes, Foretz Gacon's wins 2 games in about 5.
3-3, Foretz Gacon holds on her 6th? GP, Daniela had a BP.
4-3, Daniela holds to 15.
5-3, Daniela breaks on her 2nd GP.
6-3, Daniela serves out to 15.

2nd set

1-0, Daniela breaks to 30.
1-1, Daniela broken to 15, served a DF to lose the game.
1-2, Foretz Gacon holds from 15-40.
2-2, Daniela holds to 0.
2-3, Foretz Gacon holds to 0.
3-3, Daniela holds to 0.
3-4, Foretz Gacon holds. Daniela came back from 40-15 but Foretz Gacon won the next 2 points.
3-5, Daniela broken to 0.
3-6, Foretz Gacon wins the set on her 3rd set point. Daniela had 2 BPS. Foretz Gacon was 2/2 on BPs, Daniela 1/6 that set. Losing the 2nd & 3rd games of the set were crucial as Daniela lost the momentum she had from winning the first set.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 03:40 

Local Time:
3rd set

1-0, Daniela comes back from 0-30 to hold, winning 4 straight points. Crucial hold.
1-1, Foretz Gacon holds to 15. Come on Daniela, keep fighting.
1-2, Daniela broken to 0. Foretz Gacon has all the momentum at the momentum, Daniela has to break.
1-3, Foretz Gacon holds to 0. She's 66% 1st serve in, 6/6 on 1st serve. Daniela has to hold next game.
2-3, Daniela holds to 30. Hopefully she can raise her level or Foretz Gacon's comes down.
3-3, Daniela breaks from 40-15 down.
4-3, Daniela holds to 15.
4-4, Foretz Gacon holds from 0-30.
5-4, Daniela holds to 30.
6-4, Daniela breaks to 30, wins it on her 1st match point :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav:

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 03:53 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:51
[quote]Ever since Shazza came back from her shoulder injury in 2009 and stopped having her dad with her, she's been all right. I just think Daniela's a very magnanimous, charming and understanding person who can get along with anyone. [quote]

I couldn't agree with Chungwit more....perfectly stated and why I follow her so closely,

Fingers crossed that Daniela can do it.... but very scary once again.

She wins but what a battle, shouldn't have been that hard.

Last edited by Sail8 on 8. March 2013 04:10, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 04:10 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:51
She survived. This is about as unimpressive a win as you can have, but at this point we just have to take it and hope Vika gets lost on her way to the stadium.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 04:16 

Local Time:
Fuck, that was tense. I've got to give Daniela props for her fighting spirit and determination because I get the feeling this win was all about her heart and how much she wanted it rather than a great performance. I really wasn't feeling too optimistic at 1-3 down in the third but Daniela kept going and kept fighting and got the job done. It's one of these ugly, battling wins but it's a win and her first win here since 2009.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 04:57 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:51
Don't think the weather helped-apparently it is both freezing cold and windy,and Daniela never plays well in those conditions.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 05:38 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:51
Hey! A 1st match win at Indian Wells! :beer: And...#493!

I don't know any stats or anything, but it seems like Dani's serve was a hot mess, until she really, really needed it. In ordinary circumstances, I'd be a bit troubled that this was such a struggle and make some crack about how this is not exactly making Vika quake in her boots. But you know what, Guys: This is the happiest I have been for a Daniela victory since last year's final in Thailand. And it's hardly because she beat the recent Indian Wells jinx or because she beat a F%!*(#!ing qualifier.
My wife is back in hospital, guys. Right now it doesn't look to be as bad as the last couple of times, but she's been in a lot of pain, and it has sapped my spirits quite a bit. Daniela has come up with some wonderful wins in similar circumstances (Venus 2 years ago). When she plays while I'm at hospital with my wife, the only way I can follow is with my crummy cell phone picking up the Brit bet site LiveScoreHunter, which actually does keep one up pretty good for the progress of the match. Since I don't want to blow the cheap phone out, I discipline myself to check an updated score every 10 minutes on the 6's (used to be 5's, but I moved it to 6's trying to help Dani get her 6th career title) (yeah, I'm as loonie as you believe me to be!). So I knew she was down 3-2 in the 3rd, but didn't know it had been 3-1, or that she achieved the huge break for 3-all from 40-15 down. But when I saw it was 3-all, the discipline went right out the window and I was checking every 5 minutes, then at 5-4 and pleading for the break and the match, every 2 minutes. When I saw 6-4 and match, I almost screamed out loud! She lifted my spirits again exactly when I needed it. Thank You, Daniela!

I just think Daniela's a very magnanimous, charming and understanding person who can get along with anyone.
That is so well put, Chungwit. Let it always be that way. We, as her loyal fans. can take on the responsibility of holding grudges (Kounikova, Ivanovic, Sharapova, countless thousands of writers/announcers, the Pattaya City organizers). This is something we do very well! That way, Dani is free to remain the phenominal person that she is.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 08:53 

Local Time:
Wow that was too close for comfort! But she came thru and now she can just have fun against Vika. 50 points is quite nice as that has been a 5 pointer in the last 3 years so we'll take that. Good fight Daniela in crappy weather conditions.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 12:40 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:51
Gosh, these wins are so tough. Hope she doesn't get bulldozed against Azarenka.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 16:15 

Local Time:
Two-time champ Daniela Hantuchova escapes; Victoria Azarenka up next
Written by
Bill Byron
The Desert Sun

NDIAN WELLS — It was all two-time Indian Wells champion Daniela Hantuchova could do to get out of the first round Thursday, dropping the second set and going down a break in the third before battling back to beat qualifier Stephanie Foretz Gacon 6-3, 3-6, 6-4.

The narrow victory in cold and gusty conditions sets up a noteworthy second-round match between Hantuchova, who won the tournament in 2002 and 2007, and top seed and defending champion Victoria Azarenka.

Hantuchova, who turns 30 next month, is the only woman in the draw with more than one championship trophy from Indian Wells. Despite that, a first-round exit at Wimbledon and a second-round loss here last year have contributed to her world ranking dropping to No. 73 and forcing her to play the top seed in the second round.

“I’m looking forward to the match,” the Slovakian said. “She’s been having a great time the last two years, and playing incredible tennis so I have to play my best to beat her but that’s what I’m here for.”

Hantuchova upset Azarenka in their most recent meeting — a three-setter at Doha in 2011.

She’ll have to play more like that and less like her performance Thursday — where she struggled to put away Foretz Gacon, the qualifier from France — if she hopes to pull off a stunner in the second round.

“(Foretz Gacon) was playing really well in the second set. It got kind of windy at the beginning and I think I got a little bit tired and started just to push the ball around, but you know, I just kept fighting. It was not easy (with) the conditions out there,” Hantuchova said. “It’s always tough. The first round in a tournament like this, which means a lot to me, but I’m really happy with the win.”
+ video interview. Daniela seems to have forgotten about Wimbledon 2011.

HANTUCHOVA RALLIES, FIRST ROUND WRAPS
The only player in the draw who has won the title twice battled back to set up a second round clash with a very, very big name. Sofia Arvidsson overcame a 62 41 deficit to get past Laura Robson.

INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - Victoria Azarenka, Maria Sharapova, Caroline Wozniacki, Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic - all former World No.1s, all former champions at the BNP Paribas Open. But there's one other player in the draw who has tasted victory here, and in fact she's the only one who has done it twice - that's Daniela Hantuchova, and she toughed out a first round win on Thursday.

Hantuchova, a former World No.5 currently down at No.73 after missing a big chunk of last year with a foot injury, showed she's finding her range again, as well as the fire inside of her, battling back from a 3-1 third set deficit to beat French qualifier Stéphanie Foretz Gacon in her first match, 63 36 64.

"Stéphanie was playing really well today," Hantuchova said. "The second set wasn't easy - the windy conditions were tough, and I was getting a little bit tight - but first rounds are always tough, and I just tried not to worry too much about it. The tennis will never be pretty in windy conditions like this.

"This tournament means a lot to me so I'm happy I won today and made it through."

Hantuchova is the only multiple champion in the draw this year, having won the title in 2002 and 2007 - and next up for her is the No.1 seed and 2012 champion, Azarenka. "I'm actually happy and looking forward to it," Hantuchova said about the match-up. "She's been doing so well the last two years and playing some really incredible tennis, so I'll have to be ready and play my best to beat her."

One thing weighing in Hantuchova's favor? The head-to-head - she actually leads Azarenka, 2-1.

Two-time former champion Daniela Hantuchova was made to work hard for her place in the second round, battling past French qualifier Stephanie Foretz Gacon 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 in two hours and 13 minutes. The 29-year-old Slovak lifted the Indian Wells trophy in 2002 (d. Hingis) and 2007 (d. Kuznetsova) and goes on to meet top seed and defending champion Victoria Azarenka.

"I think Stephanie was playing really well in the second set," said Hantuchova. "It got quite windy and it wasn't easy to play any rallies. I got a little bit tight, pushing the ball around. But I just kept fighting; it was not easy conditions. It's always tough playing the first round in a tournament like this, which means a lot to me. But I'm really happy with the win."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 16:30 

Local Time:
Daniela & Medina Garrigues v Huber/Martinez Sanchez is the fourth match on court 8. Play starts at 11am.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 19:52 

Local Time:
Bloody journalists. Daniela last met Vika in Wimbledon 2011-no excuse for not knowing that.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 8. March 2013 20:53 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:51
It's now 5 straight wins in which Daniela has converted on her 1st match point. :)
After Vika became #1 last year, an article in USA Today revealed that after she lost to Daniela in Doha, she seriously contemplated quitting the sport. You may well remember it. In the opening line, the author says that while Vika basks in her recent success, she might want to thank Daniela. Now, we have been talking about what a wonderful person she is, and she's probably not even aware of this article. But, it can be interpreted as a slap in the face. It's kind of like Vika thinking "OMG, if I can't even beat Hantuchova, I oughtta quit!" Ala many of the top players, Vika is a bit of a head case. Daniela can truly take the court with the absolutely nothing to lose attitude, fight like crazy and throw everything including the kitchen sink at her. And should she somehow grab an early lead, well, Dani does have the 2-1 winning record against her, and there's no roof to close and give Vika a 20 minute delay. I'm sure she'd try something (ask Sloane Stephens), but Daniela knows a little bit about gamemanship as well. She might, with a lead, maybe bounce the ball 15 times before each serve. :o
No one has successfully defended Indian Wells in over 20 years. Vika's 14-0 this year, overdue for a loss. Was Daniela anyone's consensus choice to beat Henin in her 2nd match here in 2002? Or Caro in Paris 2 years ago? She has a match in and almost has to play better than yesterday, while Vika comes off a bye. Yeah, I'm very likely spiting into the wind. But as we all very well know, when you cheer for Daniela, things happen sometimes, someplace, somewhere when you least expect it....how about Vika, on Sunday, scouring the want-ads for a new career in modeling!?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. March 2013 00:39 

Local Time:
Daniela's the fourth match on Stadium Court, not starting before 4:30pm.

Medina Garrigues just lost to Cirstea in three sets and the third set was 6-1 so I'm not sure what sort of form or condition she'll be in for the doubles. If the Davydenko-Mathieu match lasts a long time then she can have a bit of time to recover but I'm not feeling that optimistic about the doubles as Doha's been the only tournament where they've played well. We'll see what happens.

Check what Daniela says in the Desert Sun video, Benji.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife, Alex, I hope she gets better soon.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. March 2013 02:29 

Local Time:
Doubles

0-1, Huber/Martinez Sanchez hold to 0.
0-2, Daniela/Medina Garrigues broken to 15.
1-2, Daniela/Medina Garrigues break to 40.
2-2, Daniela/Medina Garrigues hold to 15.
2-3, Huber/Martinez Sanchez hold to 0.
3-3, Daniela/Medina Garrigues hold to 30.
3-4, Huber/Martinez Sanchez hold to 40.
3-5, Medina Garrigues broken to 15, served a DF.
4-5, Daniela/Medina Garrigues save a set point and break to 40 on their 2nd BP, Huber served a DF that game.
5-5, Daniela holds to 40, saved a set point.
5-6, Martinez Sanchez holds to 0.
6-6, Medina Garrigues holds to 0, wins the game with an ace.
Tiebreak * = Daniela/Medina Garrigues serving
1-0
1-1*
2-1*
3-1
4-1
5-1*
5-2*
6-2
7-2
7-6, Daniela/Medina Garrigues win the tiebreak and the first set.

2nd set
1-0, Daniela/Medina Garrigues hold to 40, were 40-15 up.
1-1, Huber/Martinez Sanchez hold to 30.
1-2, Daniela broken to 40. Saved 3 BPs from 0-40 but not a 4th, served a DF early in the game.
1-3, Huber/Martinez Sanchez hold to 15.
1-4, Medina Garrigues broken to 0.
1-5, Martinez Sanchez holds to 0, served an ace that game.
1-6, Daniela broken to 15.

SuperTiebreak
*=Daniela/Medina Garrigues serving
1-0
2-0*
3-0*
3-1
3-2
4-2*
5-2*
5-3
6-3
7-3*
8-3*
8-4
8-5
9-5*
10-5*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next