Roland Garros Women's Legends        Daniela/ Francesca Schiavone bt Lucie Safarova/ Nathalie Tauziat 6-2 6-3        Mixed Legends: Daniela/Guy Forget bt Francesca Schiavone/Mansour Bahrami 4-6 6-3 10-4        Mixed Legends: Tatiana Golovin/Sebastien Grosjean bt Daniela/Cedric Pioline 4-6 6-2 12-10        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Grand Prix de Sar La Princesse Lalla Meryem, Marrakech
PostPosted: 22. April 2013 00:29 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 13:26
Dates: April 22 - 28, 2013 image
Venue: Marrakech, Morocco
Tier: International
Prize Money: $235,000
Surface: Clay/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Mr. Hicham Arazi

Official Website: www.lallameryemtennis.com

First Appearance

Singles:
1R: Olga Puchkova (RUS) bt Daniela Hantuchova 3-6 7-6(5) 7-5

Doubles:
1R: [1] Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues bt Gabriela Dabrowski/Alla Kudryatseva 6-3 6-2
QF: Olga Savchuk/Channelle Scheepers bt [1] Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-4 6-3

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Grand Prix de Sar La Princesse Lalla Meryem, Marrakech
PostPosted: 22. April 2013 00:42 

Local Time:
Daniela starts with Olga Puchkova who she beat in three sets in Pattaya. Assuming the Fed Cup didn't take too much out of her Daniela should win this. The second round would be against Oprandi, who's the eighth seed, or Soler-Espinosa. This tournament is a good opportunity for Daniela to go on a run but we've got to take it one match at a time.

Daniela & Medina Garrigues are top seeds in the doubles and they start with Dabrowski & Kudryavtseva.

Singles draw:

Doubles draw:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. April 2013 04:59 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 08:26
Wow, #1 doubles seed. Dani can hit another career milestone. Should Daniela-bel protect that seed, it would be doubles title #10, as we know, and that would be fabulous for her to hit the round number. I hope she has something in the tank (I'm shocked with her luck that she's not scheduled for Monday!), because there's hay to be made here. It's not normally her thing to not play in the tourney with the bigger names, but under all circumstances it's a good move. How ironic she draws a Russian. Maybe she can take Sunday's anguishing frustrations out on Puchkova. And ain't it intrigiung that Domi's the #1 seed and Dani's in her half. I absolutely cannot believe this! For her birthday, Daniela gets an extra day off! She can actually adjust to a 4 hour time difference and rest a bit. This type of break in scheduling never happens! Hope this a harbinger for how Dani will fare this week.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 00:02 

Local Time:
Daniela's the first match on centre court starting at 11am.

Her doubles math is last on Court 2 after a couple of singles matches.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 14:09 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 14:26
2nd set TB: Daniela came back from 2-5 to 5-5, but lost it then 5-7 :?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 14:23 

Local Time:
Is all going wrong here.

Got it back to 5-5 but then got broken again..urgh 5-6, this could be another heartbreaker..

Lost 63 67 57 I dont how this keeps happening. Fought for over 3 hours. Such a good draw too but maybe should have withdrawn like cibulkova did.

Last edited by eddy on 24. April 2013 15:19, edited 2 times in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 15:13 

Local Time:
|16. June 2024| 09:26
One game away from leaving the tournament. Damn.

And that's it. FedCup players are losing left and right, so it's not that surprising. Sadly, once again, FedCup doing more harm than good. Such a wasted opportunity.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 15:42 

Local Time:
Excruciating, agonizing. How long we have waited for this clay season and Dani making up points. Please don't tell me this is going to be the way it is the whole time. Worse, this was her last chance to realistically get to 500 before Sharapova. Anyone know some curse words in Slovakian?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 16:18 

Local Time:
One game away from leaving the tournament. Damn.

And that's it. FedCup players are losing left and right, so it's not that surprising. Sadly, once again, FedCup doing more harm than good. Such a wasted opportunity.

She played so well in Moscow as well. Must have been really hard to motivate herself for this one. :cry:

BTW was Eduardo Nicholas there? Only followed the livescore.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 17:26 

Local Time:
This is really disappointing. I suppose all the tough matches in Moscow plus the travelling took a lot out of Daniela. It has to be absolutely gutting to her to fight for 3 hours and come up short, especially after the weekend. Bloody Russians.
Daniela lost another tiebreaker and she hasn't won a tiebreaker since she beat Zheng in Cincinnati. Her tiebreak record has been terrible and it's cost her so many matches.

Daniela's a strong and resilient woman and she's always bounced back in the past. We'll see if she plays in Estoril next week and with a bit of rest she can hopefully go on a run there. She doesn't have any points to defend until Eastbourne and there are so many tournaments where she can go on a run and get her ranking back up.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 17:36 

Local Time:
Doubles:

1-0, Daniela & Anabel get an early break.
2-0, Hold to 15.
3-0, Daniela & Anabel break to 40.
3-1, broken to 30.
3-2, Dabrowski/Kudryavtseva hold to 0.
4-2, Daniela & Anabel hold to 30.
4-3, Dabrowski/Kaudryavtseva hold to 30.
5-3, Daniela & Anabel hold to 15.
6-3, Daniela & Anabel break to 30.

2nd set:
1-0, Daniela & Anabel hold to 0.
2-0, Daniela & Anabel break to 15.
3-0, Daniela & Anabel hold to 0.
3-1, Dabrowski/Kudryavtseva hold to 30.
4-1, Daniela & Anabel hold to 40 on their 2nd GP.
Away for a bit.
6-2.

A solid win in the doubles and Daniela gets back into the winning habit after such a tough loss in singles. A run in the doubles would be great and it would give Daniela a bit of confidence and momentum plus a chance to get some wins. Daniela & Anabel are the top seeds and the second seeds Schiavone & Pennetta lost yesterday so they've got a good chance but one match at a time.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 23:25 

Local Time:
Guys, what are we to make of our gal that we love? I'm certain that Daniela had more than one chance to win over Puchkova, and would be the first to heap criticism on herself for it. But, my goodness, after that agonizing, 3 hr+ match (in what I'm sure were not nice and cool conditions) on the heels of the gut-wrenching Sunday, she drags herself to the doubles court with a mere little over 2 hrs. rest and gets it done the Daniela-bel way! How many of her peers would have begged out with an exaggerated or non-existant injury? How many more ways are there for her to show us her huge heart and her professionalism? Dani must have, after 3 straight crushing defeats, enjoyed facing people she could crush like a grape! (I could add that she probably liked playing with a doubles partner she could count on, but I would never ever say anything in the Forum that could get things stirred up! Cross my heart!) Let's see if Daniela can take a good run at doubles title #10.
Did you know that had Dani won both singles and doubles here, she would have, on the same day, gained win #500, singles title #6, doubles title #10, and career title total, countng mixed, #20!? (Hmmmmm, now my cover's blown. The Styx hit song "Too Much Time On My Hands" was written about me :!: )

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. April 2013 23:36 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is first on Court 1 starting at 1pm.

It could be a tough match as Scheepers has had some really good results in singles this week.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2013 12:19 

Local Time:
Seems a bit moot now,but for the record Dani/AMG lost to Scheepers/Savchuk 4-6 3-6. According to Mladenovic's WTA blog,conditions were atrocious yesterday-blistering heat allied with strong swirling winds,so maybe that explains another troubling defeat. :dunno:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. April 2013 16:05 

Local Time:
I will never, ever, ever, give up on Daniela. Yet, relative to my vast array of song titles and lyrics that I know keep you guys so greatly entertained :roll:, ever notice that I have not used the Broadway show tune "High Hopes'? I would if I could, but at this point I can't, so I don't.
A cousin of mine posted a verse from the Bible which was so fitting that I relayed it to Daniela. From Romans 8:18: "The pain that you've been feeling, can't compare to the joy that's coming." Let's hope so. :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next