Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 10. January 2013 14:30 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 04:49
Dates: January 14 - 27, 2012 image
Venue: Melbourne, Australia
Tier: Grand Slam
Prize Money: AUS$30,000,000
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Craig Tiley

Official Website: www.australianopen.com

2012 Performance: 3rd round. Lost to Kim Clijsters 6-3 6-2

Singles:
1R: [Q] Yung-Jan Chang [TPE] bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-1 1-6 6-1

Doubles:
1R: Julia Goerges/Samantha Stosur bt [16] Daniela Hantuchova/Anabel Medina Garrigues 6-3 6-1

Mixed Doubles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova/Fabio Fognini bt Natalie Grandin/Rajeev Ram 6-2 6-3
2R: Su-Wei Hsieh/Rohan Bopanna bt Daniela Hantuchova/Fabio Fognini 6-1 7-5

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 10. January 2013 14:31 

Local Time:
Monday, 7 January, 2013
By Tennis Australia

The seeds are set for Australian Open 2013.

World No.1 and defending men’s singles champion Novak Djokovic will enter the tournament as the No. 1 men’s seed, while fellow world No. 1 and defending women’s singles champion Victoria Azarenka will start her campaign for back-to-back titles as top seed in the women’s draw.

The seeds for Australian Open 2013 are as follows:

Women’s seeds

1 Victoria Azarenka (BLR)

2 Maria Sharapova (RUS)

3 Serena Williams (USA)

4 Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

5 Angelique Kerber (GER)

6 Li Na (CHN)

7 Sara Errani (ITA)

8 Petra Kvitova (CZE)

9 Samantha Stosur (AUS)

10 Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)

11 Marion Bartoli (FRA)

12 Nadia Petrova (RUS)

13 Ana Ivanovic (SRB)

14 Maria Kirilenko (RUS)

15 Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)

16 Roberta Vinci (ITA)

17 Lucie Safarova (CZE)

18 Julia Goerges (GER)

19 Ekaterina Makarova (RUS)

20 Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)

21 Varvara Lepchenko (USA)

22 Jelena Jankovic (SRB)

23 Klara Zakopalova (CZE)

24 Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS)

25 Venus Williams (USA)

26 Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE)

27 Sorana Cirstea (ROU)

28 Yaroslava Shvedova (KAZ)

29 Sloane Stephens (USA)

30 Tamira Paszek (AUT)

31 Urszula Radwanska (POL)

32 Mona Barthel (GER)

The official draw for Australian Open 2013 will take place at Crown Riverside, directly opposite Melbourne Aquarium, at 10.00am on Friday 11 January (outdoor event).

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. January 2013 23:37 

Local Time:
We'll see how Daniela does here. She's unseeded so a lot will depend on the draw and on how fit she is. If Daniela's recovered from her injury from Brisbane and she plays well then she can beat pretty much anyone in the draw and go on a good run. If she has problems with her fitness then it'll be tough for her and she could get one of the top contenders in the first round, plus she lost to pretty average players in her last two tournaments so that will have knocked her confidence a bit. Beating Errani in Brisbane was important as it showed she can still beat top players. Daniela's resilient and determined and she'll want to do well.

Good luck Daniela, have a great tournament.

PS, I can't believe it's been five years since she got to the semi here. A repeat would be nice, going one better would be nicer.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. January 2013 00:55 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 23:49
I'm watching the live coverage of the draw ceremony. It's the first time I've ever done this. It will be the last! Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!! It's like the finale of one of those singing competitons like American Idol, where they make it a 2 hour show and not announce the winner for 1 hr. and 57 minutes. Get to it already, you stuffed shirted dumbbells!

For goodness sakes. Daniela's got another *!%%*! qualifier! :evil: And I just ate! Dang it. And if she gets past that. we get the relive the '08 nightmare all over again. I'm frustrated. However, as we all know, anything's possible with Dani. Cross fingers and toes!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 11. January 2013 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. January 2013 00:58 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 05:49
Draw:

1R Qualifier
2R Ivanovic(13) or Czink
3R Jankovic(22) or Larsson or Q
4R Radwanska(4) or Barthel(32)

Well good that she avoided a seed in the first round, but tough second round with a potential rematch semi-final 2008 is on the cards here.

One thing Daniela knows is that she has beaten every seeded player in her quarter at some point in her career.

Daniela has avoided Williams sisters, Kvitova, Pavlyuchenkova Azarenka and Sharapova in early rounds so I don't think we can grumble too much. If she gets through her first rounder Ivanovic is going to be pretty tough but anything can happen so I just really hope that Daniela can play some awesome tennis and make a big run. She really needs it to bump up her ranking, especially with her title defence looming in Pattaya, where if she doesn't perform well there she could be out of the top 50.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. January 2013 01:07 

Local Time:
It's a decent draw. Daniela avoided the really top players in the first round and she should beat a qualifier, although that wasn't the case in Brisbane or Sydney, but hopefully Daniela will be fully fit this week. Ivanovic or Czink will be tough in the second round and if she gets through that it would probably be Jankovic in round three. For what it's worth Ivanovic fans on twitter are quite worried about playing Daniela in the second round.
We'll just take this one match at a time and Daniela has to bring her best tennis against whoever she gets in the first round.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 11. January 2013 08:40 

Local Time:
Mhh think not a bad draw :) Will she play the 1st Round Monday oder Tuesday?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. January 2013 13:27 

Local Time:
To be totally honest, I'll be delighted if she gets to the 2nd round.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 06:07 

Local Time:
To be totally honest, I'll be delighted if she gets to the 2nd round.
You and me both. I'm fearful.
Just wondering. If Daniela had a week like Dominika just did, but it ended in a finals double bagel like it did, how would we feel? I think it would leave me feeling empty. Thoughts?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 09:02 

Local Time:
I'd take a final of a tournament any day Alex, but I agree can't be a nice feeling to go into a major having not one a game in your last match. But ita happened to me before. I lost 60 60 actually playing pretty well and wasn't out played where most games went to deuce but my opponent won all the important points.

Anyway back to Daniela, she starts her campaign against Chan. I think Daniela played her in Kolkata in 2007 where Daniela won in straight sets. Really glad Daniela avoided qualifiers such as Tsurenko and Dushevina. Hopefully Daniela can play intelligently on Monday.

Slightly annoyed that she's last on a non televised court.(court 19!) Whereas Ana vs Czink is on Rod Laver..also Daniela has a bad record playing later on in the day. For example vs Hampton at Wimbledon last year.

Good luck Daniela.x

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 16:46 

Local Time:
SCHEDULE OF PLAY Day 1: Monday 14 January

Court 19

Men's Singles - 1st Round
Xavier Malisse (BEL) v Pablo Andujar (ESP)

Women's Singles - 1st Round
Ekaterina Makarova (RUS) [19] v Michelle Larcher De Brito (POR)

Men's Singles - 1st Round
Ivo Karlovic (CRO) v Tim Smyczek (USA)

Women's Singles - 1st Round
Yung-Jan Chan (TPE) v Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 17:13 

Local Time:
Daniela should be able to beat Chan but Chan won all her matches in qualifying very easily although the only player she beat that I'd heard of was Irina Falconi, but she'll be going in with a bit of momentum.

Chan lost in the first round of Shenzhen to Morita 6-4 6-4. She had a good run at Carlsbad last year getting to the semi-final beating Wickmayer (albeit on retirement), Watson and Jankovic on the way and giving Bartoli a very tough match in the semi. From what I can remember she was bashing the ball from the baseline although she didn't seem that mobile. The rest of the year she didn't really do very much but if she gets hot she could give Daniela problems.

It would have been nice for Daniela to have been on a better court but as she's not seeded and playing a qualifier then unfortunately she's going to get courts like these. As eddy said, it won't be great for Daniela to be waiting all day to play her match as she does better when she has an early start and plays on a bigger court. A lot will depend on Daniela being fully fit and keeping her focus.
This is one of these matches that will be a big relief for Daniela to get through.

Daniela played an exhibition match against Shazza on Margaret Court but Shazza won 7-4.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 17:23 

Local Time:

Daniela played an exhibition match against Shazza on Margaret Court but Shazza won 7-4.

Is that points or games?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 17:39 

Local Time:
I'm pretty sure it was games, eddy. Daniela & Shazza just played a set. I'm not sure if they used normal scoring or doubles scoring. I got it from twitter. It was part of the Australian Open kids day.

Edit: some people are saying it was 8-4.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. January 2013 18:56 

Local Time:
Nightmare City, USA. Far flung court, unknown opponent who breezed through qualifying, last match scheduled, last two losses to people like this. :doh: :wall: Help me find a silver lining, guys! Daniela does have a recent history of success against Oriental players (last week execepted), and this one has to wait a day after qualifying rather than going right out there the next day with momentum, and Dani got this exhibition in to help her get sharp. I have to take this a bit further, so this is a view from one of her numerous detractors....Daniela is 10-18 since returning from her injury, has never played in a major final, has a nightmare hanging over her head from her best chance to do that in '08, keeps getting hurt, and only 3 times in her WTA career (excluding ITF) has won 6 matches in a row or more. The longest streak is 7, which she did in '07 with the win at Indian Wells and a win in Miami in the round of 64, and last year with 2 wins in Brataslava in Fed Cup and her successful defense in Thailand. She won 6 matches to win Indian Wells in '02, but lost immediately in the next tourney. OK. We know what the logical conclusion for her chances in Melbourne are, and what the detractors would say it is. Well, Mr. Glass Half Empty is able to come up with a different conclusion...

Daniela is way, way OVERDUE :!: :!:

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next