Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open, Luxembourg
PostPosted: 13. October 2012 16:08 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 15:07
Dates: October 15 - 21, 2012 image
Venue: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Tier: International
Prize Money: $220,000
Surface: Hard/Indoors
Tournament Director: Danielle Maas

Official website: www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu

2011 Performance: 1st round. Lost to Lucie Hradecka 6-7 7-5 6-1

Singles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova bt Arantxa Rus (NED) 3-6 6-4 6-1
2R: Daniela Hantuchova bt [WC] Kirsten Flipkens (BEL) 6-4 4-6 6-2
QF: Daniela Hantuchova bt Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP) 7-5 6-0
SF: Monica Niculescu (ROU) bt Daniela Hantuchova 6-1 6-3

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open, Luxembourg
PostPosted: 13. October 2012 16:11 

Local Time:
Players:

1 VINCI, Roberta (ITA) 15
2 GOERGES, Julia (GER) 19
3 JANKOVIC, Jelena (SRB) 22
4 WICKMAYER, Yanina (BEL) 23
5 LISICKI, Sabine (GER) 25
6 CIRSTEA, Sorana (ROU) 26
7 PASZEK, Tamira (AUT) 27
8 SUAREZ NAVARRO, Carla (ESP) 35
9 BARTHEL, Mona (GER) 37
10 HANTUCHOVA, Daniela (SVK) 38
11 PENG, Shuai (CHN) 39
12 WILLIAMS, Venus (USA) 41
13 HRADECKA, Lucie (CZE) 48
14 GOVORTSOVA, Olga (BLR) 52
15 DOMINGUEZ LINO, Lourdes (ESP) 53
16 OPRANDI, Romina (SUI) 55
17 BERTENS, Kiki (NED) 60
18 MARTIC, Petra (CRO) 64
19 FLIPKENS, Kirsten (BEL) WC 66
20 RUS, Arantxa (NED) 69
21 NICULESCU, Monica (ROU) 70
22 RYBARIKOVA, Magdalena (SVK) 72
23 MINELLA, Mandy (LUX) WC 78
24 SOLER-ESPINOSA, Silvia (ESP) 85
25 ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA, Barbora (CZE) 92
26 PERVAK, Ksenia (KAZ) 98
27 PETKOVIC, Andrea (GER) 192
28 BENCIC, Belinda (SUI) WC 619
29 Qualifier
30 Qualifier
31 Qualifier
32 Qualifier

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. October 2012 16:19 

Local Time:
We'll see how Daniela does here. She can beat pretty much everyone in the draw and she can put in a good run here and end the year on a positive note or even qualify for Sofia. It's so important that she does put in a run here as she has so many points to defend at the start of next season and it would be great for her to be seeded at the Australian Open and Indian Wells and Miami and right now she wouldn't be.

Roberta Vinci's the top seed at this tournament and a lot of the seeds here are in bad form right now while Daniela's been competitive in her matches so she can do well here, especially if she gets a decent draw. We'll see what happens, it would be great to end the year on a high.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. October 2012 18:33 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 16:07
Decent draw for a change.Plays Aranxta Rus in the first round.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. October 2012 19:26 

Local Time:
MDS.jpg
You've really got to favour Daniela against against Rus whose recent form hasn't been great although she did beat Goerges at Roland Garros and Stosur at Wimbledon, so she is capable of raising her level against top players.

Daniela's always beaten Wickmayer and Wickmayer's form isn't that great right now while Flipkens won Quebec City and got to the semis in Linz so she's playing well at the moment. Suarez Navarro is the seed for the quarter-final while the semi-final seed is Goerges.

Daniela can do well here and end the year on a high but she has to respect Rus and take it one game at a time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 13. October 2012 23:25 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:07
Look, I'm having enough trouble adjusting to Daniela playing a match on a Saturday. (Nice run, cetainly, with Martic. Dani got some matches in, and that can't hurt.) Now I'm supposed to believe that she's going to face a 1st round opponent below her in the rankings, and since she did not win today, actually gets a day between for travel, rather than flying in the day before and playing the next day, dead tired. That's not how it works as a Daniela fan, and I'm not buying it! :D One thing does fit in. Rus doesn't win often, but when she does, it's against someone well known. Keep hope alive!

Dani gained her 250th career doubles victory this past week. I still would like to think that singles win #500 will come next year. I can't imagine people keep track of how many players have reached 750+ combined doubles/singles wins. Probably, it's a decent number, but should this ever be compiled, we might find that our young lady will be in some very good company.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. October 2012 11:32 

Local Time:
It's quite a good draw considering the field. Rus can be streaky both good and bad and she was horrible against vika in linz, although vika is playing amazing...we'll see what happens but it has a 3 set feel about it so I just hope it swings danielas way...the tournament always has a stream on their website so hopefully she'll play on the main court and we can watch her. I remember the days when Daniela was a real force indoors...2006 and 2007...hopefully she can find it in Luxembourg.

EDIT wickmayer has withdrawn and they've moved lisicki to play flipkens so winner of that will be danielas potential 2nd round opponent...lisicki is tougher than wickmayer..

Site Admin
PostPosted: 15. October 2012 17:11 

Local Time:

EDIT wickmayer has withdrawn and they've moved lisicki to play flipkens so winner of that will be danielas potential 2nd round opponent...lisicki is tougher than wickmayer..

since the Olympics, Lisicki has won 1 match. Lost last week to Mayr, 61 63, she's not as tough as she used to be

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2012 19:59 

Local Time:
Lisicki just pulled off a very impressive el foldo, losing to Filpkens 3-6, 6-3, 6-1. So I guess her present form is a moot point and certainly just proved itself. Keep fingers and toes crossed that Daniela can pick it up and take advantage.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. October 2012 22:41 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Centre Court (from 12.00hrs)
1. Arantxa Rus vs. Daniela Hantuchova
2. Kiki Bertens vs. Anne Keothavong
3. Vera Dushevina vs. Ksenia Pervak
4. Andrea Petkovic vs. Garbiñe Muguruza (NB 17.30hrs)
5. Martic/Minella vs. Jugic-Salkic/Khromacheva

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2012 13:05 

Local Time:
Nice win Daniela! :lol: Didn't see the match but caught the last game. She looked focused and in control but did anyone see the whole match? Apparently she was a set and a break down..but turned it around..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2012 16:46 

Local Time:
It's a good win by Daniela to fight back from a set down to turn the match around and win the third set fairly easily. Daniela saved 5/6 BPS in the second set while she converted both her break points. I think Daniela was helped by Rus serving 13 DFs and she lost the first set again but she raised her game, came through on the crucial points and got the win. I think this is the first tournament since the Australian Open that she's improved on her 2011 performance.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2012 17:10 

Local Time:
"I've been too impatient early in the game," fell, lucid, the native Poprad. "I found a better rhythm in the second and third sets, where there, I found better things."

We felt the finalist of the 2007 close to breaking. A 4-4, Hantuchova had two break away and then still take her into play, and confirm that of Rus, author of a double fault on the fateful ball second set against it ...

"It actually leaking a key moment in the match at 4-4, 5-4 with two bullets for it," analyzed the Slovak, "I'm well out, and it has given me a lot of confidence in me, because after that, I dominated the debate and I finally played my real tennis."

If the blonde Delft still managed to hang on at the beginning of beautiful, soaring Daniela Hantuchova then became increasingly irresistible as the Dutchman lost foot. The Slovak unfolded quietly in the last three games, and concluded on a 6-1 sec, while the 1:50 '.

In the second round Thursday is a certain Kirsten Flipkens (WTA 58), currently in the form of his life, which will stand on the road to Hantuchova. I bet that the Belgian Kim Clijsters, whose coach has not missed a beat changes of Slovakia on Wednesday, will do anything to spoil the 10th anniversary of Daniela Kockelscheuer ...

"I've never played against it, it's strange. Linz She showed last week she breathes in great shape now. Moreover, indoor play suits him well. It has a lot of talent and is in good happening right now," Hantuchova analyzed. "Kim Clijsters lavishes good advice, it can help tremendously. Because Kim understands the game as a person, she reads the game so well In any case, it's nice to see the tournament here in Luxembourg."
@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2012 19:52 

Local Time:
Luxembourg Open: Hantuchova, already ten times
Posted on 17/10/12 15:27 | Updated 10/17/12 19:02 Listen

Wednesday at 20h takes place "Daniela Hantuchova 10th anniversary celebration" at BGL BNP Paribas VIP Club Kockelscheuer, cocktail reserved for guests handpicked. A fitting tribute to a great champion who has always enjoyed the tournament in Luxembourg.

Ten years of twenty-four matches played (counting its success Wednesday) since 2000, the tall blonde (1.81 m) Slovak Daniela Hantuchova (29) is practically part of the furniture Kockelscheuer.

Back on a love story of ten years, with ups and downs along the finalist unfortunate the 2007 edition, which has undoubtedly left its mark on the history of the WTA tournament in Luxembourg.

Daniela, have you thought about the small reception special "10th Anniversary" in your honor in the short amount Wednesday?
Yes, I've thought a bit during my match against Rus. And that led me to beat me a little more about the terrain.Ce was a tough match, but I found a way to turn the situation compromised.

Do you remember your first match in Luxembourg?
Oh my god yes! I remember like it was yesterday. That was in 2000, I was 17 and I was playing against a player in the Top 10 (the French Nathalie Tauziat, qu'Hantuchova actually faced in the second round after beating Virginie Razzano, NDLA). I was very excited about this idea, and I imposed three sets before losing in the quarterfinals. This is a very special place for me.

What is your best memory of Luxembourg?
Probably 2007, when I reached the final. It is a wonderful memory. I came very close to beating Ana (Ivanovic NDLA) in the final (6-3, 4-6, 4-6). I played my best tennis on this occasion, and almost everything I succeeded.

After 13 years on the professional circuit, do you still love this nomadic life as permanent?
Oh la la, traveling is the hardest part of the job. It is constantly changing hotel, city, country, and at the end, you know exactly where you are. For cons, I still love to train. And if my body allows me, I still hope to continue playing for several years.

Imagine a conversion as a coach, like what Kim Clijsters with Kirsten Flipkens?
Not at all. I can not imagine myself as a coach. When I'm finished with tennis, it will be well and truly over. Certainly, you should never say never, but I do not believe it too.

Opening a restaurant is it part of your projects?
This is one idea among many others. Eventually. We'll see what the future holds for me reserve.

Interview by Jean-François Colin
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. October 2012 21:05 

Local Time:
And if my body allows me, I still hope to continue playing for several years. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Let's hope so.
It was a Good Morning, good morning! Look what happens when Dani's match is 1st up in the order. It was 6:00 AM where I'm at. When the alarm went off, Rus had won the 1st set and the 2nd was 1-all. At next look, it was 4-2 for our gal, but then 4-all. To that point, this was an exact duplicate of so many recent 1st rounders against lower ranked players that have slipped away. So even at 4-1 in the 3rd, I was fretting. Thankfully, she wasn't. For Daniela to take charge and win 8 of the last 9 games is humungeous! :) It's a breath of fresh air. Dare this be said: Any tournament where Vinci is the #1 seed is completely up for grabs. Roulez, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next