Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Rogers Cup, Montreal
PostPosted: 9. August 2012 00:50 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 22:43
The asterisks indicate that Daniela and Dominika were serving, Alex, I forgot to say that asterisks indicate on serve in all the excitement. I'm guessing that Dominika served first in the tiebreak based on the service pattern throughout the match.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. August 2012 15:58 

Local Time:
Order Of Play Thursday, August 9, 2012

Court 9 (from 12.00hrs)
1. Carla Suárez Navarro vs. Sabine Lisicki
2. Dominika Cibulkova vs. Varvara Lepchenko
3. Grandin/Uhlirova vs. Lisicki/Peng
4. Cibulkova/Hantuchova vs. Mattek-Sands/Mirza

ITF Player
PostPosted: 9. August 2012 18:11 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 23:43
Wow, I just watched Vinci serve Ivanovic a double-bagel; I don't think Daniela is the only one slumping. That was painful to watch, man, it's hard to believe Ivanovic is a GS winner and former no.1.
In case anyone is feeling nostalgic for the "old" Daniela, there is a great hightlights-reel on Youtube of her 4th-round win over Henin at Indian Wells in 2002. That is the best I've ever seen Daniela play, I only wish I had seen the whole match. It's so strange; back then she weighed at least 5 kilo's less than she does now, and yet she was serving so much bigger and hitting the ball so much harder. I wish we could see that Daniela again, even if it's only for the last phase of her career. It's not likely though, I'll just have to live on the occasional Youtube fix.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. August 2012 20:05 

Local Time:
Wozniak is thrashing Jankovic, why does Daniela always seem to face a player who has a spirited performance, and the rest of the year average, so frustrating...!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. August 2012 02:13 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 17:43
[quote="eddy"]why does Daniela always seem to face a player who has a spirited performance, and the rest of the year average, so frustrating...!

Eddy, this can be solved. We must get together a petition towards having the WTA pass a rule stating that in all future tourneys Daniela enters, her first opponent must be Li Na! :o

Mr. Lazarro: Welcome. You appear to be a long-time Daniela Maniac! You have come to the right place.

As I write, it is a little after 9 PM in New York. For at least the last 3 1/2 hours, the official Rogers Cup site has stated that the rain has stopped and play shall return shortly. My question....Is is more of a fib if they post that in English or French? :roll: Let's Go, Daniela...tomorrow!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. August 2012 06:34 

Local Time:
Order of Play for Friday, August 10 2012

Court 5 1:30 p.m.
Dominika CIBULKOVA (SVK) Daniela HANTUCHOVA (SVK) vs
Bethanie MATTEK-SANDS (USA) Sania MIRZA (IND)

Not before 3:00 p.m. [/b]
Klaudia JANS-IGNACIK (POL) Kristina MLADENOVIC (FRA) vs
Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA (RUS) Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE)

After Suitable Rest
Klaudia JANS-IGNACIK (POL)/Kristina MLADENOVIC (FRA) or Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA (RUS)/Lucie SAFAROVA (CZE) vs
Ekaterina MAKAROVA (RUS) Olga SAVCHUK (UKR)

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. August 2012 19:43 

Local Time:
Doubles:

1st set
2-6

2nd set:
2-3
2-4, Daniela & Dominika broken to 30 after Dominika serves a DF.
2-5, Mattek-Sands & Mirza hold to 40, they've saved 9/12 BPs, Daniela & Dominika have saved 2/8.
3-5, Daniela saves 2 BPs to hold to 40.
3-6, Mattek-Sands serves out to 30.

This sucks although Mattek-Sands and Mirza are both good doubles players. The big difference in the match was 2nd serve where Daniela & Dominika were 5/21 compared to 13/25 for Mattek-Sands & mirza and BPs where Daniela & Dominika saved 4/10 while Mattek-Sands and Mirza saved 9/12.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. August 2012 20:29 

Local Time:
Since Daniela's come back from injury, she's only won matches when she's won the first set and she hasn't won a tiebreak. I feel if she'd won the tiebreaks against Czink, Hampton and Wozniak, she'd have had a great chance to win those matches. Getting a win, especially a scrappy, come-from-behind win would do so much for Daniela's confidence.

Daniela said at the Olympics that she really benefitted from training with Liptak again and I've honestly got to say that Daniela made a huge mistake in getting rid of him. They still seem to get on so I feel that is something that would work again long term. Hopefully Lacko gets rid. I don't think that Heinz Gunthardt is doing anything at the moment and Krajan is available although given the manner of his departure from Dominika it's unlikely Daniela would work with him. I just don't see what Pistolesi is doing for Daniela and I know that Soderling came down with mono but Soderling didn't do much under him. Daniela normally changes coaches during the indoor season and unless her form improves dramatically, she'll have to do it again. Maybe her back and shoulder are troubling her, but Daniela always had a good service motion but the ball toss is all over the place at the moment and it's coincided with Pistolesi coaching her.

I'm not sure who had the worst visit to Montreal between Ivanovic and Jerry Sadowitz.

ITF Player
PostPosted: 12. August 2012 10:52 

Local Time:
I have to disagree with you, Chungwit, I don't think Daniela's struggles have anything to do with coaching issues. I mean , I've lost count of how many diffeernt coaches she's had since parting ways with Nigel Sears, and not one of them has had a significant impact, at least not over a long period of time. This just shows that at the end of the day the player him/herself is responsible for their results, and not any coach. Deep down, Daniela has not changed mentally or emotionally. She's still panicking on court, still having the mental lapses that allow her opponents to get back in the match. A coach can't change any of this, only she herself can.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. August 2012 21:57 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 17:43
Deep down, Daniela has not changed mentally or emotionally. She's still panicking on court, still having the mental lapses that allow her opponents to get back in the match.

Oh, for goodness sake! If that's the case, then who exactly kidnapped her and took her place the last 2 years in Thailand, or when she beat Zvonereva, Vika, Venus and Bartoli last year, all in very tight matches, or clinched the Fed Cup ties this year, the 2nd time basically on one leg!? There's enough detractors out there who have never let go of this garbage! Should the powers that be take away her Heart Award? Enough's enough! Let's Go, Daniela!!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2