HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELA        Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group Play-off, Slovak Republic v Spain
PostPosted: 22. April 2012 17:21 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 04:30
Eddy. stop holding back and let us know how you truly feel about Fed Cup!
I mostly agree with your take. But, in the interest of being a contrarian, irritating, troublemaking as....errrrr....of statistical accuracy, the record does show that after the February Fed Cup 1st round in each of the last two years, the next tournament was Pattaya City. 8-)
Full disclosure: Checking the cell phone every 10 minutes for live scores, again half asleep, as the 1st set went from 1-0 to 3-0 to 5-0, my thought was "Why?"
2 of them, actually. One was Why are you doing this to yourself, Daniela? The other was Why did I ever run out those career numbers showing that she'd never been involved in a double bagel?! But, as we all do, I clung to a mustard seed of faith, and it sure bloomed into a big tree! In the midst of my gloom and depression post yesterday, I need to ascertain who grabbed onto my fingers and wrote "Dani has looked like she was on the brink of doom before then pulled off a big win." Umm, Yeah. 0-6, 4-5 from 4-0, one leg messed up and the other on a banana peel, and she got it done.
While we all have our feelings about Fed Cup, clearly it means a lot to Dani, and she laid it all out there today (and I do remember Serbia and 6+ hours and that it did have an effect for a while). So let me say this: Daniela proved again that she has more guts in the tip of the fingernail of her left pinkie than all her non-fans, writers and TV commentators who still run out the M.F. stuff (Mentally Fragile...I don't want to get evicted from this site :!:) have in all of their bodies put together!
One more thing, guys: I dug into the archives again. This is the first time that Daniela was shut out in the 1st set and won the match. Ever! God's honest truth!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Last edited by Alex Isabel on 22. April 2012 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. April 2012 18:04 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 05:30
Wow, what a fighter. I bet this had drained her greatly but she must be relieved. Hope she didn't mess her injury even worse.

Congrats to the Slovaks!

ps: I'm worried about this clay season.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. April 2012 18:49 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 09:30
“I’m really proud of the way I have played,” said Hantuchova. “It was a very tough match for me, especially with my injury. I was struggling a lot and I wasn’t sure whether I would be able to play, and that is why this victory is that much more important.
“We had to really play well in the singles because they are a very dangerous doubles team. It was great that we were able to close it like this, and that we are back in the World Group.
“We are back where we belong now. I definitely feel we belong to the top eight teams in the world.”

"She do not know how I actually won. Was really terribly difficult, because I struggled with not only rival, but also with injury. Quasi I played on one leg. In the first game I had acted too cautiously, I was constantly built and flew me to tubs-that way. I knew, however, that the 0:6 resulted mainly from my mistakes. I tried to throw thus set for the head and move on. I put everything into it and I'm really glad that we are back in the world group, which clearly belong. It's a great feeling, very much look forward. We have the most success, for it's beautiful," said Daniela Hantuchova for RTVS if its indispozícii said:

"On Saturday, about eight in the evening I was in the hospital, where did my MRI examination, then I had all sorts of therapy, also on Sunday morning. Not want to know how the ankle will look like when you give a dressing down sneaker. Already I feel like I'm there throbs."

The captain Matej Liptak Sloveniek stated: "Daniela once again showed great heart. Recalled knows how to fight. We are happy that we managed to return to the World Group. Perhaps now we will show that we have to have to have it still."

"It was a very good match that I have perfectly mastered. Rival played well, but I was ready for it, because I saw how you acted on Saturday against Daniela. I beat Soler-Espinosa, thanks to my active tennis. The important moments I You went for it and I have played will be mainly in the terminals of both sets itself, which is highly appreciated. I played aggressively, but with a cool head," said Dominika Cibulkova SITA and added:

"There was a really noticeable difference in comparison with the style, Akemi, I faced on Saturday against Lourdes Dominguez-fledged to be fired from the court. When the man hesitated, then it is of such a match, what today was Daniela. I am attributing it to good and in fact I have it destroyed. Sunday before I knew Solerová-Espinosa will be much better service, more aggressive play, circulate it to the forehand. Not that it was enjoyable, but most girls play on the circuit before so I am more accustomed to it."

Tibor Macko (Slovak Tennis Association President): "I am delighted. I believe to be among the eight best in the world is a significant achievement. Just look at how there are opponents. In Spain it was very difficult, which is also expected, as players in this country - women and men - are great on clay. All honor to our entire team. I want it this way and also to congratulate and express gratitude. I hope it stays together and will be even stronger next season."

Igor Mosko (STZ General Secretary): "It's a huge success Slovak tennis. We have forwarded the eight best teams in the world thanks to the good performance of Dominika Cibulkova Sunday's final in that game and Daniela Hantuchova. Last year for us in the relegation against Serb, who are now in the final Fed Cup fortunes turned back, this time was in favor. I am very happy to physically indisposed Daniela surpassed itself and against Dominguez-Lino joined the excellent performance of Dominika. Hantuchova took full in February against France, Cibulkova now on Spanish soil. It shows that we have not only strong but also balanced team."
@ google translate.

Slovak team of the sea, Hantuchova: 'It was a strike'
22.04.2012 19:34:00
Marbella (TASR) - Daniela Hantuchova (pictured) is used to celebrate great victories tennis jumping into the pool after triumph over Spain in Fed Cup relegation in Marbella but waited bath Slovak members of the team staff. Those player is promised that in return for Slovakia to celebrate the World Group action in the Mediterranean.

"It was a strike. Whole team of us promised that if we win in Marbella, will go into the sea. I believe that from now nevykrútia and that kept his word. To celebrate certainly shared dinner and join the celebration of my birthday pondelňajších. Nicer gift such as the victory over Spain, I could not give," Hantuchova told TASR that Fed Cup after a successful mission on Monday, departing at WTA tournament in Stuttgart.

In the first round encounter with fellow Fed Cup team of Dominika Cibulkova, the Slovak derby but still do not think. "Now I have to recover well mainly because my ankle got this weekend really hard time. I would be glad if the clay court season was at least as successful as it last year's, but it is important to me to be fit."
@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. April 2012 23:13 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 03:30
I was away all weekend on vacation, so I just got caught up with what happened. On one hand, it's great to see the Slovaks finally back in the World Group after coming so close in the past couple of years. On the other hand, you cannot be that encouraged by Daniela's performance in the two matches. Losing one match and barely getting by in the other against sub-top 50 opposition is not encouraging.

P.S. Thanks to all for the posts and recaps in this thread. It helps a lot when you're away and need to get caught up.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2012 09:39 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 05:30
Any pictures or videos?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2012 16:18 

Local Time:
Post match interview and celebrations:

Press conference:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. April 2012 16:49 

Local Time:
Tennis-Fed: Slovaks again in the World Group, Liptak, "Baby put your heart into it"
23.4.2012 08:48
Marbella 23rd April (TASR) - Slovak tennis player meet the target that you have set for last year's frustrating home defeat to Serbia. Ten years after the historic triumph in the Fed Cup again succeeded in the hot Spanish soil, and next year will again be presented at the prestigious World Group team competition.

Slovak team captain Matej Liptak stone fell from the heart. "Last year we were very close to us to remain in World Group and severely neglecting a missed opportunity. We have shown, however, recovered from the different and we confirm that we belong to the Fed Cup elite. I am very happy that we managed to meet our goal for which we have an implementation with the whole team do their utmost. Winning in Spain, in addition to clay, it's a great feeling. Baby put into the heart again and confirmed that they play in Slovakia for them means a lot. Throughout the preparation of examples of its obligations very conscientious," Liptak told the TASR.

Leader of the Slovak team in Marbella was Dominika Cibulkova, who won two singles. "Hats off to Domča performance, both matches are handled at the unit, even though it is not without health problems. We did not want to talk about it, but in the middle of the week all day returned and had diarrhea. Its start was in danger, but fortunately it is stabilized and Saturday could go to the match. Its duel against Solerovej Espinosa was the top Fed Cup this weekend. Dominika had recourse to the bottom and show great tennis to beat her."

Cibulkova in 2010 could not start because of injury in the relegation against Serbia in Belgrade Arena, where the Slovaks returning the Fed Cup elite, the more pleased to have the victory on Spanish soil. "Two years ago, midwives, I keep my fingers crossed just before the TV screen. I am very happy that now I could be right for it and that I helped to advance into the world of the two points. I am glad that I continued the good performance of the WTA tournament in Barcelona, ​​which I forwarded to the finals. I played maybe a little better than in the Catalan capital, particularly in the match with Silvia Solerovou Espinosa," Cibulkova said that after winning the second point in the final singles match in the stands strongly encourage Daniela Hantuchova.

Slovak duo handicapped ankle injury in the duel with Lin Lourdes Dominguez from lost two balls, but with great militancy could turn the match and recorded 32 victories in the Fed Cup. "Daniela on Saturday night she MRI examination and the last time we did not know whether the Sun enters. Was not part of the ideal performance in the first set battle with Dominguez Lin played too cautiously, but once again proved to be a warrior with a huge heart to match eventually won," said Slovak captain.

Slovakia will be the lot of the new year in the Federation Cup championship venue Roland Garros in Paris nenasadenými figure among the teams. Liptak would like to see his zverenky played at home. "It's always nice to play Fed Cup at home in front of an audience that propels you forward. We'll see who we draw lots, and how to develop a match in Spain showed that we fight not only at home but also outside, which is a positive signal. We will try to to ensure that we keep the group in the world as long as possible and achieve good results. We have a great team that has a great future. to be done to build. graduated in Marbella Fed Cup debut Anna Carolina Schmiedlova, I believe that gradually we will be able to incorporate team other young women players."
@ google translate

Tennis star Hantuchova relaxes on Marbella beach
APRIL 23, 2012 • ANDALUCIA, LEAD2, MALAGA, SPORT • 0 COMMENTS

By Eloise Horsfield
WOMEN’S tennis fans may well have spotted the world number 20 relaxing on the beach in Marbella yesterday afternoon.
Daniela Hantuchova, fresh from securing Slovak Republic’s place in the Fed Cup’s top group in a gruelling play-off against Spaniard Lourdes Dominguez-Lino, went to wind down by the sea.
The Slovaks fought hard throughout the two-day play-off at the Puento Romano Tennis Club, with the countries finishing 1-1 after Saturday’s matches.
But with the help of teammate world number 17 Dominika Cibulkova, the Slovaks eventually outdid a Spanish team led by four-time Grand Slam winner Aranxta Sanchez-Vicario.
“They are both relaxing now,” said the Slovak team manager after the match. “Dominika is with her mum and Daniela has gone to the beach.”
“It means so much to be back in the World Group,” said Hantuchova after her triumph.
“I came to Spain 10 years ago and we won the whole thing.
“Leaving the country again with another win makes it very special.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. June 2012 21:30 

Local Time:
Slovakia are away to Serbia in the World Group first round next year.

World Group first round

Czech Republic (s) (c) (*) v Australia
Italy (s) (c) v USA
Russia (s) (c) (*) v Japan
Serbia (s) (c) v Slovak Republic

World Group II first round

Switzerland (c) (*) v Belgium (s)
Argentina (c) (*) v Sweden (s)
Spain (c) (*) v Ukraine (s)
France (c) v Germany (s)

Key
(s) = seeded nation
(c) = choice of ground
(*) = choice of ground decided by lot

The first round ties will be played on 9-10 February.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 6. June 2012 21:37 

Local Time:
|26. April 2024| 10:30
Oh well at least their at home...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3