Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 00:31 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 10:11
This match is unbelievable, Daniela takes the lead but simply can't hold to stay ahead, 3-6 7-6 3-2 but Klara serving, Daniela needs to break here so she can get another chance to hold. Klara's been holding much easier than Daniela throughout the match..this ain't over by any means...

3-3 getting worried again...comon Daniela...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 00:50 

Local Time:
daniela....................................................................... :roll: :evil: shame........

DANIELA HANTUCHOVÁ * MARIA SHARAPOVA * DOMINIKA CIBULKOVÁ * SERENA WILLIAMS * ANNA KAROLÍNA SCHMIEDLOVÁ * ANA IVANOVIC
ROGER FEDERER * DAVID FERRER * ANDY RODDICK * PAUL-HENRI MATHIEU * LLEYTON HEWITT

Tier IV Title Holder
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 00:55 

Local Time:
The only stat you need to know from this game is - 32 Break Points against. That is about as bad as I can ever remember.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 01:07 

Local Time:
It's so depressing...

Without doubt the most awful match to follow only the live-scores, I genuinely felt stressed and anxious whilst looking at them, I think it's not good for our health...

Onto Miami where at least Claudio will be there...we still await a good result at a mandatory tournament..

Last edited by eddy on 10. March 2012 01:16, edited 1 time in total.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 01:10 

Local Time:
I'm sorry everyone-I seem to have put the jinx on her.

I hate to be overly gloomy,but Daniela's statements,plus the fact that she brought her physio to Indian Wells and that she struggled so much on serve makes me think that her shoulder is troubling her again.

And Claudio-FFS organize your schedule better so you don't miss one of the biggest tournaments in the tennis calendar. :wall:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 08:28 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:11
I really don't know what to say about this. This must be absolutely awful for Daniela and I feel for her so much. I think if she'd been able to hold at 2-0 or 3-1 she'd have won the match but she couldn't and she fell away badly after getting broken at 3-1. Like Benji said, I can only think that she must have had problems with her shoulder or her back and that's a worry. I know this seems like being wise after the event but this was a match that I was a bit worried about as Daniela had had tough matches in her two previous openers while Zakopalova had won her opener really easily so would be confident. Three straight opening round defeats in Indian Wells, I can't believe it. One silver lining is that Pavyluchenkova lost as well and she was just six points ahead of Daniela and she had third round points to defend.

Right now, I just feel sick and stunned and I don't know how Daniela must feel, I feel so bad for her.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 16:11 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 04:11
That was so well put, Chungwit. It's the morning after here in New York and I'm still rather depressed for Dani. But as we know, she never could have lasted this long if she didn't know how to shake crummy losses off quickly and move on. I'm tired of obsessing over points, rankings and missed opportunitles. I've decided that I just want Daniela to do as well as she can, be in as little pain as possible, and be happy. Rather than wanting her to be #17 or whatever, I just want that one big moment for her (a medal in London or that one big fortnight there or in New York). That's what she truly deserves. I am extremely appreciative of the translated stories and interviews you post from the Slovakian press, and I hope she'll give me a little assurance in one of those very soon that she's not badly hurting. And let's not forget that after this happened at IW last year, Daniela went on to take out Caroline, Ana, Li and Venus. She's probably already on her way to Florida and Bolleteri's to do some more hard work, and we can hope for better things in Miami, despite her having to overcome the extreme obstacle of me being there! Let's Go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 10. March 2012 21:26 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 05:11
Im gutted about this loss, and specially what may lie behind it: an injured danka. I hope she is well and does not get frustrated by doing so poorly in IW since 2009.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2012 16:05 

Local Time:
That is so pity :/

But I must say I saw it comming... Those czechs are always tricky opponents for her :/

Everything in life happens for a reason

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. March 2012 17:45 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 09:11
It probably didn't help Daniela that the courts here are so slow which would have made it harder for her to hit winners and especially penetrate the court with her serve while Zakopalova could always chase down balls. At the same time, Daniela's shoulder would have hindered her a lot, especially on serve, and the way she faded away at the end would indicate physical problems which is a big worry. I just hope that she didn't do too much damage and she's fit for Miami. Zakopalova had a good run in Paris indoors and had a crushing win in the first round so she'd have some form and confidence going into the match.

In terms of rankings, Peng lost and she had quarter final points to defend so she'll go below Daniela. Cibulkova beat Rybarikova after she retired so Dominika's still the Slovak no 1 and she's playing Vinci next who's a couple of hundred points below Daniela, so come on Domi.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2012 02:00 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 04:11
Since we all in the midst of a worryfest, and I'm an expert worrier, let's consider this. If Daniela's next match is next Thursday (good gosh, I hope so...I screwed up reading the schedule, and my wife and I are flying home next Friday while she might be playing! :roll: ), and since she lost to Georges at Dubai on Feb.24, she will have played exactly 1 match in 27 days. And, of course, she'll be facing someone who just won 2 days before, and for all we know, might make a deep run this week and be red hot. Recipe for disaster? Could well be. Then again, this is our Dani that we're talking about. In a similar situation last year, she got to the 3rd round in Miami, and it wasn't long after that she went on her roll and took out Caroline, Ana, Li and Venus. As usual, how do we know? You know, being a Daniela Maniac may best be summed up by Poco's 70's hit: "It happens all the time, this crazy love of mine, wrapped around my heart, refusing to unwind!" She just has a grip on us. Hope springs eternal! :) Let's go, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2012 02:48 

Local Time:
Zakalopova through to 4th round as Zvonareva withdraws due to the viral illness that is going around.

So if Daniela had won through against Klara it would have counted as two wins...typical :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2012 11:45 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 05:11
Zakalopova through to 4th round as Zvonareva withdraws due to the viral illness that is going around.

So if Daniela had won through against Klara it would have counted as two wins...typical :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I bet if Daniela had won, Vera would have been healthy and surprisingly fit for her match :lol:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2012 01:43 

Local Time:
Li annihilates Zakapolova 61 60 in 56 mins...what does that say about Daniela...?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 14. March 2012 08:42 

Local Time:
That she wasn't playing anywhere near her best-you could see that from the video clip of the match. :cry:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next