Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: Australian Open, Melbourne
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 05:28 

Local Time:
|1. June 2024| 00:22
Well, as bad as all of those calls were (today's was laughable), there is a constant here. Daniela won all 3 of those matches! ;) Bring Zheng back!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 05:34 

Local Time:
|1. June 2024| 05:22
This is Daniela's first win at a slam since the 1st round of the doubles at Wimbledon. Let's hope Daniela gets run going here. She's due some wins.

Just imagine Zheng umpiring a John McEnroe match :shock: . James Blake wishes she umpired that match against Fernando Gonzalez at the 2008 Olympics.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 10:21 

Local Time:
|1. June 2024| 06:22
So great to hear Daniela played well and was enjoying herself out there. I don't know about you guys but this year is feeling really emotional. Just so want Daniela to do well so she keeps on playing for several more years..

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 17:19 

Local Time:
Daniela's the last match on Court 2. There are four doubles matches before her match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 17:38 

Local Time:
Will there be a stream? I wanna see this new couple in action;)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 17:56 

Local Time:
There should be a stream, eddy. Try

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 18:20 

Local Time:
Thanks Chungwit, fingers crossed!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. January 2013 21:42 

Local Time:
So great to hear Daniela played well and was enjoying herself out there. I don't know about you guys but this year is feeling really emotional. Just so want Daniela to do well so she keeps on playing for several more years..

It is emotional, eddy. I felt emotional the other day when I wrote Daniela's Career Obituary here. With her dedication to training, she could last a few years if she still has love for the game. And it could be that if she does leave the game, not long after Dani could follow the path of Henin/Clijsters/Davenport/Date-Krumm and come back strong!
Last match today, frig! Wee hours of the night here. Let me awaken to sensational news!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2013 09:21 

Local Time:
What a shitfest so far...1-5..Fognini has a worse serve than Daniela!! 1-6 Neither have found their range AT ALL.

3-1 now 3-2 ffs 3-3 with Daniela serving..Fognini has been TERRIBLE...very good hold by Daniela 4-3. Serve only 158kmh though.

urgh 4-4

Can Fognini actually hit a good serve for once..hilarious volley from Daniela to win deciding point 5-4 comon!! Shit service game from Daniela 5-6, bollocks 5-7

Fognini misses any easy open court to lose..his attitude stinks, trying to be cool and so laid back..

First set was tragic, 2nd they took the lead but couldn't keep it and the last 2 games were pants.

Really really worried about Daniela's game, there's no punch on any of her shots...I don't know how she's going to turn this year around..i think it's a near impossible task..

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2013 11:22 

Local Time:
Fognini had won earlier in the day with Bollelli in the doubles. He was always going to half ass it in the later match.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2013 17:58 

Local Time:
This is disappointing. It would have been great to have gone on a run in the mixed but it wasn't to be. Based on what eddy said about the match, it seems Daniela gave it her best shot and had some good moments but didn't play well at other times and she lacked power on her shots while Fognini turned up for a laugh. Still, Daniela won a match more than anyone expected when the mixed draw came out.

We'll see how Daniela does the rest of the year. If she can get fit and stay fit, then she can have a good year, so we'll see what happens. She'll be determined to do well and she'll keep working hard.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2013 18:54 

Local Time:
As soon as I saw that Fabio's men's match was in a thrid set, I cringed. Where Daniela is right now, she can't pull off a doubles win basically by herself. I really don't like not knowing when we'll see her again. :x

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. January 2013 23:28 

Local Time:
I do hope she enters Paris indoors. It's a relatively weak field for a premier as it's so soon after Australia and Daniela has had good results indoors and taking out wind conditions etc may help consolidate her offseason work...

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. January 2013 16:54 

Local Time:
One final thought on the incompetent umpire Zheng. After Daniela's crushing '08 Australian defeat and subsequent injury, I got depressed seeing how far it made her fall, and I will own up to seeing my interest in her results cool down, to the point of simply looking in the paper and saying to myself "ohhhh, Daniela" when it was a loss. At the start of '11, I decided to enter the 21st century and get on FB and You Tube, which as we know put up a clip of Dani visiting a children's hospital in Brisbane after she had to withdraw from the tourney. That was a wonderful side to her that I was not aware of, so it piqued interest, but like all of you, by that time I was starved for a big win. When I woke up the morning after the Pattaya City semi, saw that Dani had won over #3 at the time Zvonereva, saw how gutty a win that was, and of course, how Zheng's zany decision caused Vera's entertaining meltdown, making it not just a big win for Daniela but also one that shall live on for a long time due to its looney finish, that kick-started me. And when she destroyed Errani to win the title, this guy became the Daniela Maniac that I shall remain forever. Therefore, if anyone can get Zheng's address to me, I feel like I shoud send her a thank you card! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. January 2013 19:03 

Local Time:
Wow just watched the shitfest that was Sharapova vs Makarova, seriously looked like a 1st round match, how the hell did Makarova get to the quarters??!! Maybe there's hope for Daniela yet..! :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ] 

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next