Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : Off-Topic : Sports

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: 2010 World Cup
PostPosted: 8. June 2010 00:54 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 02:03
Thoughts? I mainly started the thread to point out this very cool schedule which a friend pointed my way.

blue webmaster
 Post subject: Re: 2010 World Cup
PostPosted: 8. June 2010 05:26 

Local Time:
|29. March 2024| 08:03
hehe, thanks for the link :D
gives a perfect overview so that I won't miss anything.

thoughts? Germany's gonna win, that's all I can say with my low knowledge of football :D

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. June 2010 05:13 

Local Time:
World Cup Odds as of This Evening:World Cup Odds 2.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. June 2010 23:41 

Local Time:
For all your punditry needs:

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2010 11:37 

Local Time:
I can tell you one thing for sure, following our first two matches, and despite all the usual unneccessary optimism around the country, England aren't going to be winning it.

I have Germany in our work's sweepstake and things were looking good before the Serbia match, but there is still a part of me that wants Germany to fail, even if them winning the tournament will win me money, but thats just cause I'm English.

I reckon Brazil will win it, I backed Spain to begin with but after seeing them lose to Switzerland and struggle to find the net, despite their world class build up play, against Honduras, I can't seem them beating to top top sides in the tournament. And, with them losing to the Swiss in the first game they could finish 2nd in their group, which means they will face Brazil in the second round. What a match up that will be.

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. June 2010 23:36 

Local Time:
South America: 10 Wins, 2 Draws, 0 Losses. 21 GF, 4 GA.

Africa: 2 Wins, 5 Draws, 8 Losses. 10 GF, 19 GA.

blue webmaster
PostPosted: 23. June 2010 00:45 

Local Time:

I have Germany in our work's sweepstake and things were looking good before the Serbia match, but there is still a part of me that wants Germany to fail, even if them winning the tournament will win me money, but thats just cause I'm English.

either way you win ;)
and I know what you mean, I'm glad that France is out. :mrgreen:

I can't imagine what it felt like if Germany wins, because it never happened when I was alive or in my right mind (1990 doesn't count cos I was a little baby back then).

The loss against Serbia was just bad bad luck... Blaming the referee is usually no excuse, but in this case it's one of the reasons why the German team lost the concentration and just minutes later found themselves 0:1 down. In the second half they had tons of chances, but missed it by just a few millimeters.
So I'm sure against Ghana everything will be fine.

I reckon Brazil will win it, I backed Spain to begin with but after seeing them lose to Switzerland and struggle to find the net, despite their world class build up play, against Honduras, I can't seem them beating to top top sides in the tournament. And, with them losing to the Swiss in the first game they could finish 2nd in their group, which means they will face Brazil in the second round. What a match up that will be.

Don't forget Portugal, they are playing pretty good as well, and destroyed north korea 7:0 :lol:

btw: It's pretty hard to follow both Wimbledon and World Cup :?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. June 2010 09:09 

Local Time:

either way you win ;)
and I know what you mean, I'm glad that France is out. :mrgreen:

We have each other in the next round as well, so that certainly is a win win of sorts, but there is no doubt who I will be supporting come Sunday.

Don't forget Portugal, they are playing pretty good as well, and destroyed north korea 7:0 :lol:

Very true, but that was North Korea. Portugal have been less than impressive in the lead up to the tournament, even in qualifying, so unless they get lucky with their route through the tournament, I can't see them doing much here...and they have Brazil in their final group game so it's far from set in stone that they will even get out of their group but it will take an even bigger win by Ivory Coast of North Korea to get knocked out.

btw: It's pretty hard to follow both Wimbledon and World Cup :?

Not for me...well while I'm at work anyway. I've organised my desktop just right so that I have football in one corner and tennis in the other, whilst still being able to do 'work'. It's bliss, and I'm getting paid for it :D

Scott

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. June 2010 22:05 

Local Time:
Cibulkova Hantuchova and enthusiasm footballers
25.06.2010 08:23, Soccer, Talk (0)

Historical practice Slovak players in the fourth round World Cup in South Africa inspired and Dominika Cibulkova and tennis players Daniela Hantuchova, who these days are fighting for the prestigious Wimbledon. Cibulkova followed the end winning the match with Italy in preparation for the match against Japanese Ayumi Morita and admitted that before the screen properly tŕpla .

"The champions have a lot teliek and will always give the football. When I rozvičovala, so I watch our guys. In the last minutes of the match in Italy was really solid. I am a sportswoman and I know exactly what those times had to experience. I think However, it managed to beat a great team like Italy, so they certainly deserve pass," Cibulkova told Reuters.

Hantuchova watch television in the opening game against the Slovaks and New Zealand after losing to Paraguay is still believed that Weissovci may refer to the fourth round. "I am delighted that they succeeded and I would like this opportunity to congratulate them on fantastic result. We are to them very, very proud. It is incredible, as shown. The success was even less that it was able fight through the World Cup. Procedure in the fourth round and the withdrawal of Italy is a historic achievement," the Slovak Tennis enthused unit.

@ google translation.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 00:35 

Local Time:
Germany 4 - 1 England.

Daniela will be very happy that Germany won:

Does anyone else feel that Italy might have done a bit better if they picked Antonio Cassano to give some creativity and Invention? I think he wasn't picked because he doesn't look as good in his pants
as the rest of the team

Jose Mourinho likes Antonio Cassano in his pants

Mourinho seems awfully pleased, I think Inter must have won.

In the interests of balance and other Italian designers, here's Megan Fox:

Hi Megan, I'm Bill, How you doing?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 28. June 2010 04:39 

Local Time:
A Twitter friend provided this one: "Wayne Rooney may have had dreams of being on a cereal box. Right now, he's on a milk carton."

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. June 2010 19:41 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2010 10:48 

Local Time:
England were pretty awful all tournament, not just against the Germans so we deserved what we got really last Sunday. If that goal would have been given from Frank Lampard who knows what would have happened but I get the feeling it wouldnt have made a massive difference on the final result, but if we would have gone in at 2-2 after being abject at best in going 2-0 down it might have given us that confidence boost and that push to go on and win the match, but i digress.

I hope Capello stays because, lets face it, who's is going to do any better? Hopefully, though, Capello realises that the 4-4-2 system is too rigid and that all our top players dont play that system for their club, and they're successful there so why not play the same system at national level and hope that performances correlate. Only time will tell, but onto the Euro's we must go, hyping up our changes of winning the thing again no doubt.

Scott

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. July 2010 23:40 

Local Time:
Tennis players wearing football shirts, this time Victoria Azarenka:

I'm sure Nike don't mind her wearing adidas gear.

BTW, notice that everyone that features in the Nike ad is already out of the World Cup (and Wimbledon). Curse of Nike, except for Kobe Bryant.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. July 2010 18:13 

Local Time:
Paul the Octopus is better at picking winners than Victoria:

I'm reserving judgement on Brazil until I hear Gisele's analysis:

Board index : Off-Topic : Sports

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next