Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Fed Cup World Group II Play-off, Slovakia vs Sweden
PostPosted: 14. April 2015 22:58 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 02:33
Date: 18 - 19 April 2015 image
Venue: Aegon Arena National Tennis Centre, Bratislava, Slovakia
Start times:
Day 1: 1400 hrs (1200 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1300 hrs (1100 hrs GMT)
Surface: Clay (Red Clay), Indoor
Ball: Dunlop Fort Clay Court

SLOVAKIA 4-0 SWEDEN

R1: ANNA KAROLINA SCHMIEDLOVA bt Rebecca PETERSON 6-3 6-3
R2: DANIELA HANTUCHOVA bt Susanne CELIK 6-2 6-0
R3: ANNA KAROLINA SCHMIEDLOVA bt Ellen ALLGURIN 6-1 6-4
R4: DANIELA HANTUCHOVA vs Rebecca PETERSON Not played
R5: ANNA KAROLINA SCHMIEDLOVA/JANA CEPELOVA bt Rebecca PETERS/Susanne CELIK 4-6 6-3 10-7

SLOVAKIA:
Anna Karolina SCHMIEDLOVA
Daniela HANTUCHOVA
Magdalena RYBARIKOVA
Jana CEPELOVA

SWEDEN:
Johanna LARSSON
Susanne CELIK
Rebecca PETERSON
Ellen ALLGURIN

TIE SUMMARY:
Slovakia and Sweden will meet in the World Group II play-off with both nations attempting to hold on to their World Group II status for 2016.
Both teams lost in the world Group II first round in February, with Slovakia losing out to Netherlands and Sweden falling short against Switzerland.
This will be the first meeting between the two nations. Slovakia have not competed in Zone Group I since they earned promotion to World Group II in 2006 and Sweden will be hoping to avoid relegation to the Zone Group they escaped in 2012.

www.fedcup.com

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Fed Cup World Group II Play-off, Slovakia vs Sweden
PostPosted: 14. April 2015 23:13 

Local Time:
Slovaks are prepared to witnesses, became the favorite
Author: SITA, Yesterday 15:34
Discussion (0)
Slovakians are currently preparing for the start aware of the absence of the Swedish renkingovej Leaders of currently Johanna Larsson, this change in state of the domestic role of absolute favoritiek.

BRATISLAVA April 13 (Reuters) - Slovak tennis national team on Monday at Aegon arena NTC in Bratislava officially launched the joint preparation for the weekend match against witnesses in Playoff II. World Group Fed Cup teams in 2016 women.

Morning tested clay court Daniela Hantuchova sparring with Filipom Havajom and trainer team Janette Husarova. Other members of the team led by captain Matej Liptak - Carolina Schmiedlová, Magdalena Rybarikova and Jana Čepelová - a first in the venue will play later on Tuesday.

"Court is a good, hard, type faster, well it bounces on it. We are satisfied with it," Janette Husárová has reported SITA.

Slovakians are currently preparing for the start aware of the absence of the Swedish renkingovej Leaders of currently Johanna Larsson, this change in state of the domestic role of absolute favoritiek given that Hošťka not in any squad member of the Top 200. "Sure, it's better for us when superky defective unit, but we primarily concentrate on ourselves, we are well prepared, " warned Husárová. Into the training process Sloveniek also participated talented junior Kristina Schmiedlová, younger sister "Kajky" Schmiedlovd freshly champion of Polish Katowice.

@ google translate

Rybáriková start questionable Hantuchova praises court

Today | 13:10 BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis players started preparing for a weekend Barážové duel to participate in the second. World Group Fed Cup against Sweden without Magdalena Rybarikova. The current Slovak Quartet is to investigate in Germany, where its absence would replace her on the team Kristina Schmiedlová.

"Magda has problems with heel and tendon. Is your doctor in Germany. We are waiting for a statement in which the state. In the case where the injury was serious, replace it Kika Schmiedlová. Daniela Hantuchova trained since Mon Kája Schmiedlová, who on Sunday won in Katowice first title on the WTA tour, was involved in the preparation Tuesday. Janka Čepelová still panting a little, because after returning from a tournament in Charleston felt tired," he said at Tuesday's press conference Slovak team captain Matej Liptak .

Hantuchova, who returns to the team in more than a year's break, praises clay court in Bratislava NTC. "The court is excellent, yesterday and today I played on it great. I believe that we will succeed at home and remain in the World Group. I am pleased that I have again the team, I've missed Fed Cup atmosphere," said the former world number five and winner of the prestigious team competition of Maspalomasu, 2002.

Slovaks are the favorite paper, namely Swedes arrived in Bratislava without injury units Johanna Larsson. "The Swedish team is the great weakening, Larsson would be able to get the three points. Despite its absence, we can not underestimate anything. In Fed Cup are not playing on whether we are favorites of the paper. It is something completely different tournaments. Absolutely to the right on the court. I believe that girls can do it and get the necessary three points. "

Liptak is not worried that Anna Carolina Schmiedlová will never triumph at Katowice harde problems with the transition to clay. "For Káju most popular surface is clay and I think you quickly get used to the court in the NTC, which is in perfect condition. In the hall I was such a good clay court in the Fed Cup matches have not seen yet. I am glad that a witness will I be able to count on Daniela, who has rich experience and the Fed Cup was always able to whip up a great performance. "

Liptak must do without the currently injured štvrťfinalistky Australian Open Dominika Cibulkova, who in March underwent surgery growths on the tendon.

In Fed Cup history will be a first mutual combat. The main referees will Briton Denise Parnell, the role empajrových be presented Frenchwoman Aurelie Tourteová and Croat Tamara Vrhovecová. The game is played with balls Dunlop Fort Clay Court.

Preliminary singles will start on Saturday morning at 14:00, on Sunday from 13:00 on the agenda next two singles and the doubles final. Slovaks early February lost on clay in Apeldoorn with domestic Holanďanka 1: 4, and must fight to keep the second division. Swedes succumbed at home on hard Helsingborg Switzerland 1: 3

@ google translate

Hantuchova: 'Today, there is no light súperiek'; Schmiedlová: 'I have to get used to nerobievam me problems'; Cibulková leg heals super

tenis / fed cup / davis cup04/14/2015 14:15:00
Bratislava (SITA) - Slovak record holder in the Fed Cup tennis representative teams of women Daniela Hantuchova laugh, when Tuesday's presentation at the press conference before the home team a weekend in Bratislava meeting with witnesses in Playoff II. World of the year 2016 fell words on a paper clear matters. Hošťka not in any squad member Top 200th
"It does not matter who stands on the opposite side of the court. We need to focus on his own game and get trainings in top form. Of course, the absence Johanna Larsson resonated, but we must not underestimated. In today's tennis is not easy grueling. All well and should be taken to prepare the highest quality, as we know, " emphasized early 32-year-old a former päťka the rankings Hantuchova (b. April 23, 1983 in Poprad) and added, "it does not matter or games in the drive bay or twos. Firstly, we always strive to pass the team best to Sunday to celebrate the victory. "

Spoludržiteľka Fed Cup debut in 2002, this competition back in 1999, graduated from SR 28 meeting, a balance Match 35 19 and plentiful experience, clay court at Aegon arena NTC her but pleasantly surprised. "On Monday, I tested it for all the players. I give myself to him 4.5 hours ..." Hantuchova said and continued: "Court is really excellent. On average, it lives so that the first day still find some shortcomings. This time, however, the court great from the start.

" Schmiedlová: "I have to get used to nerobievam me problems"
Slovak tennis player Carolina Schmiedlová have less than two days after his finals triumph on a hard surface in Polish Katowice zatrénovala on clay in Aegon arena NTC in Bratislava before weekend meeting of the Slovak Republic - Sweden Playoff II. World Group Fed Cup 2016 women's representative teams. "It took place I was an hour and a half, it was a good workout. Of course, I have a bit of getting used to, but I played well, from the beginning, I felt it. Kurt is really cool, I have no complaints at all. Tennis players to have individual, for me, however, the transition from'hardu' easier to clay, I am on it at home. In the Netherlands I have adapted for any two days, I was quickly'ready' and I hope that now it will go smoothly this way, " said 20-year-old Košičanka Carolina Schmiedlová SITA during Tuesday's media term in the venue.

Zverenkyňa Milana Martinca "Eider "Schmiedlová has a hectic day full of gaming and emotional strain. "I try to control it. Yesterday I was a little tired because of the long journey, but now I have fine. I try to sort the last week not to live too. I need to focus on the Fed Cup for me is important and we go, " announced a new member of the Top 50 the rankings. The older of the sisters Schmiedlova does not have too much information on aug: "I know Allgurinovú is my year, four years ago we played together among juniors. Peterson, I see just from seeing, and Copper listers do not know. "

Cibulková leg heals super rocket in early May
Slovak tennis player Dominika Cibulkova after the March operation left leg recovers pleasing smoothly. "The forecast spoke about 6-8 weeks without a full load. Have I go on the bike, in the water. I interval workouts, starting with exercises to beat. I do not want to zakríknuť, but everyone, including doctors, we are very satisfied. The wound is healing beautifully, it's great, " said SITA 25-year Bratislavčanka. finalist last year's Australian Open removed on March 9 at the Sports Clinic mini-invasive endoscopy outgrowth of the heel bone, which pushed the achilles tendon and cause chronic inflammation.

" In early May, I want to take racket in hand, I was looking forward to it too, " declared a recent member of the Top 10 WTA world rankings in singles. Cibulkova before the surgery augured that would like to come back from 8 June on grass in Hertogenbosch Netherlands. Zverenkyňa Mateja Lipták spend these days near the Fed Cup team of the Slovak Republic, supported by the Association during the term, which culminates in a weekend in Bratislava meeting with witnesses in the playoff of II. World of the year 2016. "I've called myself a consultant," she laughed Cibulkova and added: "I go to training, I try to do a good mood. Fed Cup I love and I am glad that baby now playing at home - at least this way I can be part of the team. I am looking forward to this match them. "

@ google translate

Slovakians are about to witness. After a year and with Hantuchova
Today 13:03 TASR, Red Sport
BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis players started preparing for a weekend Barážové duel to participate in the second. World Group Fed Cup against Sweden without Magdalena Rybarikova. The current Slovak Quartet is to investigate in Germany, where its absence would replace her on the team Kristina Schmiedlová.

"Magda has problems with heel and tendon. Is your doctor in Germany. We are waiting for a statement in which the state. In the case where the injury was serious, replace it Kika Schmiedlová. Daniela Hantuchova trained since Mon Kája Schmiedlová, who on Sunday won in Katowice first title on the WTA tour, was involved in the preparation Tuesday. Janka Čepelová still panting a little, because after returning from a tournament in Charleston felt tired," he said at Tuesday's press conference, the team captain Slovak Matej Liptak.

Hantuchova, who returns to the team in more than a year's break, praises clay court in Bratislava NTC. "The court is excellent, yesterday and today I played on it great. I believe that we will succeed at home and remain in the World Group. I am pleased that I have again the team, I've missed Fed Cup atmosphere," said the former world number five and winner of the prestigious team competition of Maspalomasu, 2002.

It is necessary to confirm the position paper
Slovaks are the favorite paper, namely Swedes arrived in Bratislava without injury units Johanna Larsson. "The Swedish team is the great weakening, Larsson would be able to get the three points. Despite its absence, we can not underestimate anything. In Fed Cup are not playing on whether we are favorites of the paper. It is something completely different tournaments. Absolutely to the right on the court. I believe that girls can do it and get the necessary three points. "

Liptak is not worried that Anna Carolina Schmiedlová will never triumph at Katowice harde problems with the transition to clay. "For Káju most popular surface is clay and I think you quickly get used to the court in the NTC, which is in perfect condition. In the hall I was such a good clay court in the Fed Cup matches have not seen yet. I am glad that a witness will I be able to count on Daniela, who has rich experience and the Fed Cup was always able to whip up a great performance. "

Liptak must do without the currently injured štvrťfinalistky Australian Open Dominika Cibulkova, who in March underwent surgery growths on the tendon. In Fed Cup history will be a first mutual combat. The main referees will Briton Denise Parnell, the role empajrových be presented Frenchwoman Aurelie Tourteová and Croat Tamara Vrhovecová.

The game is played with balls Dunlop Fort Clay Court. Preliminary singles will start on Saturday morning at 14:00, on Sunday from 13:00 on the agenda next two singles and the doubles final. Slovaks early February lost on clay in Apeldoorn with domestic Holanďanka 1: 4, and must fight to keep the second division. Swedes succumbed at home on hard Helsingborg Switzerland 1: 3

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. April 2015 14:41 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 21:33
Looking forward to Daniela adding to her career win total, which is moving toward 550. Normally, we would want this apparent mismatch to indeed be one so that our gal need only play once. But, needing some matches on clay and some matches, period, I wouldn't much mind her playing twice, perhaps getting the thrill of clinching the tie before the home fans. Would hope to see signs of her form of the first couple of months of this year.
Aside to Chungwit: I went to Wikipedia, and it appears that Gore Vidal didn't have any friends! It's not that I hate Dani's doubles partners, it's that I don't know from one hour to the next who it is! :lol: (And I do know that constant changes of doubles partners is part of the nature of the sport.)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2015 00:00 

Local Time:
With Larsson out for Sweden, Sweden don't have anyone in the top 200 while Slovakia have Daniela & Schmeidlova in the top 50. Something weird could happen in one match, I doubt something weird will happen in three so you really have to favour Slovakia to win this tie fairly easily.

I could understand your antipathy towards Hingis, Alex, but when you expressed relief about Karin Knapp losing the Katowice final, Vidal's quotes about it not being enough to succeed but for others to fail and dying a little every time a friend succeeded came to mind, although that's probably just me. Vidal also said that “I'm exactly as I appear. There is no warm loveable person inside. Beneath my cold exterior, once you break the ice, you find cold water" which goes a long way to explaining his world view.

I did notice that when Hingis won Miami with Lisicki last year there was a lot of talk about how Hingis was doing better because she had a better partner than Daniela. Now, I hear that Hingis is doing better because she has a better partner than Lisicki. It's amazing how much worse Hingis's partners get after she goes onto someone else.
Daniela retired Hingis twice.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2015 06:51 

Local Time:
Jussssst for the sake of clarity....wasn't hating on Karin. Just sayin', that had she won it would have been Chapter 1,000 of the best-seller "What Did You Expect, Daniela Fans?!" As we know, many of those chapters are filled with early round losses to Wilhelmina Whothehellisthat with a record of 1-12 for the season who plays the Match Of Her Life then gets destroyed in the next round. Karin winning in doubles with someone else so quickly, I figure, is basically the same thing. That said, I'd love to see her and Dani pair up again and remain a doubles team for a long spell.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2015 17:13 

Local Time:
Murphy's law rather than Vidal's acidity.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2015 17:17 

Local Time:
Slovak tennis saving two generations
Adam Zelinka | April 16, 2015 14:00

Daniela Hantuchova was then barely sixteen year old teenager. Since then defended Slovak color in the prestigious team competition 54 times. More than any other tennis player from under the Tatras.

Native of Poprad is one of the strongest Slovak longtime Fed Cup team. Peak has seen the thirteen years ago, when he led Slovakia to the first and so far the only triumph in the competition. The team captain Tomas Malik (belonged to him and Janette Husarova, Martina Sucha and Henrieta Nagyova) played on the way to the trophy key role. The semifinal win over Italy and the finals of Spain contributed two points.

Uploading experience
There are Slovak tennis player in a completely different situation. Already two days waiting for them - in the words of Secretary General of the Slovak Tennis Association Igor Moskal - particularly important or even crucial meeting, the outcome of which is a lot for the whole Slovak tennis. In a fight with the Swedes go about keeping the II. World group. With her parted Slovakians last nine years ago.
Hantuchova should again play one of the key roles. This time in the rescue work. "I have always tried to pass to the maximum. Otherwise it will not now. It does not matter whether lineup in the drive bay or twos. The only thing that matters is winning, " aware of the importance of the combat in Bratislava's National Tennis Centre Hantuchova, who can give a gift to the forthcoming 32nd birthday. They celebrate the week.

The former world number five and winner of seven tournaments on the WTA professional is in addition Kristíne Schmiedlova (17 years), Carolina Schmiedlova (20 years) and Jane Čepelová (21 years) sovereign most experienced team member Matej Liptak. "After you physically can not handle much longer than young baby, but I still find the pass. In particular, the years accumulated experience, " she says with a smile Hantuchova.

Thanks to them knows that despite the significant weakening (absence unit Johanna Larsson) can not be underestimated Swedes. "It does not matter who is standing on the opposite side of the court. We just focus on your game. It is true that the absence Larsson resonated in our team, but I would not be dealing with this issue further. In today's tennis have not find a single opponent. Underestimating should we therefore could severely backfire," says the Australian Open semi-finalist, 2008.

The difference thirteen seasons
Alongside Hantuchova should be present in the singles and the older sisters Schmiedlova. In favor of native Kosice, which is the most senior player of the meeting, says not only form but also the relationship with the clay. It is most popular for her surface. "In Katowice Although I played on hard, but the transition to clay to me not a problem. I'm on it at home. You just need a little getting used to, "says Zverenky Milan Martinca.
Schmiedlová in a long-term absence of the injured Dominika Cibulkova be the first time in his career tries task team unit. "It does not matter whether I drive. Just focus on the fact that I could help the team and together we enjoy the victory, " said 46 player of the world rankings. The higher the career to date has never been.

Fed Cup debut Schmiedlová graduated in 2012 - about thirteen seasons later than Hantuchova. The same team thus linking two generations. And they have a common goal - to rescue Slovak tennis Šestnástkou among the best teams of the world.

Slovaks - Swedes 2: 1
From the staffer, who brought in Bratislava Swedish captain Lars-Anders Wahlgren, a Slovak tennis player so far played only a pair Ellen Allgurinová - Rebecca Peterson. The forces measured with both Jana Čepelová - Peterson (Bastad 2014) defeated the two, Allgurinovú (Asunción 2010) in three sets. Negative experiences Carolina Schmiedlová has surrendering Allgurinovej (junior Roland Garros 2011) in straight sets.

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 16. April 2015 23:33 

Local Time:
I'm enjoying the leadership role that Daniela gets to have here, and it's one that she must handle well. Her teammates will surely look up to her. And they'll probably tell her over and over how they watched her play when they were little girls.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2015 16:10 

Local Time:
The draw's been made. The first match is Carolina Schmiedlova against Rebecca Peterson then Daniela plays Susanne Celik, then the singles are reversed on Sunday with Schmiedlova

Celia's played almost all her matches on the ITF circuit and she's 4-6 this year. She lost in qualifying in Katowice to 151 ranked Sasnovich. Celik's biggest achievement was winning ITF Incheon last May although the highest ranked player she beat there was 224. Celik's match against Daniela will be her first against someone in the top 100. Daniela & Carolina should win their matches pretty easily but they've still got to go and win them and they have to respect their opponents because you never know what could happen. Daniela & Carolina have both won tournaments this year while the Swedes play ITF.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2015 16:21 

Local Time:
On Saturday Carolina Schmiedlová first, followed by Hantuchova

"It does not matter if I'm the first or second singles. What is important is only an effort to make to the success of the team do everything in my power," said Carolina Schmiedlová. Daniela Hantuchova also does not attach importance to the fact that on Friday, getting on the court as the second of Sloveniek. "I have enough experience to me on ranked matches in this competition did not matter. After a week of preparation, I feel very well and even my vocal chords are already on the better," she said hoarsely Hantuchova with a smile and said:"The vocal cords still be important for fans, we try to please their tennis performances. "

Sunday will be played from 13.00. The traditional scenario begin Carolina Schmiedlová and Copper, followed by applying a Hantuchova and Peterson. In doubles reported masters Matej Liptak and Lars-Anders Wahlgren pair Jana Čepelová, Hantuchova, respectively. Ellen Allgurinová, Cornelia Lister. The home squad is also Kristina Schmiedlová. Under these rules, MS teams under the auspices of the International Tennis Federation (ITF), the nomination may still change.

"The Swedish team we will go into the match with that given to renkingové position hráčok have nothing to lose. The young tennis players can play relaxed and hardly expect you finally show off. But I firmly believe that it is the quality of our team and get the necessary three points." said Matej Liptak, which complements his Swedish counterpart Lars-Anders Wahlgren: "We had a hilarious week of training. All the players have fared well in trainings and I finally decided to Celik and Peterson given their track record and the current form."

Liptak: "I firmly believe that the quality of the show"

Swedish tennis players are aware of the Slovak weekend before the Bratislava mutual matches in Playoff II. World Group Fed Cup teams in 2016 women much more than the other way around, but ultimately this should not lead to a result their benefit.

"I firmly believe that this aspect is not decisive. I hope that our baby show their quality and to obtain the necessary three points against surplice, which have nothing to lose - no one expected them best," said team captain Slovak Matej Liptak SITA after Friday raffling program. On Saturday at 14.00 h on the clay under the roof retracted Aegon arena NTC, 14.00 progressively meet domestic unit Carolina Schmiedlová with number two hostiek Rebecca Peterson and two hostiteliek Daniela Hantuchova with the leader severaniek Susanne Copper. Both Slovaks are the Top 50 single in the rankings, vyzývateľky consistently outside the two hundred prominent.

"The Swedes come without its best toys Johanna Larsson, which is certainly debilitating. Trotted out with a young team and individual tennis players too do not know. It could be their advantage, since they could tie our path taken in tournaments or on television," said Liptak. Personal coach Dominika Cibulkova has no medical reasons provided in addition to his or svěřenkyni Magdalena Rybarikova, Chief of Staff of implementation of Sweden Lars-Anders Wahlgren missing besides Larsson also experienced a former member of the Top 30 Sofia Arvidsson.

Liptak revealed that the workouts are pushed to the attention of Jan Čepelová (fourth member of the squad is junior Kristina Schmiedlová): "I chose Kaju and Daniela, because in that first sees major gaming comfort and the other has a vast experience. Janka, however, also showed a really great form. You, however, still does not have the match practice, since it was more out of a carousel and yet not at one hundred percent level. If, however, in view of the development will be necessary, I believe that the first two singlistky absolutely hosts."

The winner of last week's tournament on hard surfaces in the hall in Polish Katowice Carolina Schmiedlová quickly become accustomed to a different base. "I did not make the transition problems. We first went to my training. During the week, we first tuned form. I did not have any long workouts that I stayed fit for the weekend. I think I'm doing well. I look forward to the matches. The Swedes do not know too much, but the master was on several occasions to look at their training and undoubtedly my order. On my Saturday's grueling Peterson is also inquire about Janky Čepelová that the Last year it played in Bastad. Basically, however, I would still be one who stands on the other aging court - first of all I have to show my game. I'm quite glad that I will begin on Saturday. I know the exact time and will not have to wait " said the 20-year SITA Košičanka, which premiered a small single unit team SR.

Eleven years more experienced spoludržiteľka Fed Cup 2002 Hantuchova in a similar way to SITA noted: "It is particularly important that we concentrate on his own game and handed over to the maximum. No debate is always a bit difficult to play against surplice, whose tennis I do not know. It will be over first gemoch traceability of style, accept it and focus on it, over which I have control." The former päťka the rankings a little hoarsely said with a smile. "Physically I feel fine and even with that voice is better, although not optimal. I graduated this court a lot of time and hopefully it burns well. With those vocal cords rather leave it to the fans. I, I will endeavor to show something gaming. I hope that we will have great support from the stands and fans will enjoy a nice sporty weekend with a successful end to us."

@ google translate

Slovakia - Sweden opened Schmiedlová with Peterson

"The Swedes are going to struggle with the fact that they have nothing to lose. They have a young team with players that are built renkingovo much lower than ours. It can be for us an advantage and a disadvantage. You never know what these toys will perform. I firmly believe that decides the quality of our hráčok. All the girls I showed on the court in good shape. I bet that Kaja Schmiedlová is the best game cool Daniela is again very experienced. The team is for many years. He knows what to expect from the Fed Cup and the it entails. Always gives one hundred percent in the preparation matches and is able to stir up the excellent performance," said Slovak captain Matej Liptak .

Schmiedlova pleased that a witness enters the initial singles: "I am quite happy that I start, at least I know exactly where I play. It does not matter whether I drive or two. Fed Cup is a team competition. I will do all that is in my power and I will fight for every ball. After first taking up home in Fed Cup match in which anything goes on. I believe I can handle it. I had no problems with the transition from the Katowice Hardy Bratislava's hard, I quickly got used to. "

For Hantuchova Celik is unknown, "Mato Liptak watched her trainings and certainly I will provide information about it. Sometimes it is difficult to compete against toys that do not even know. It will take a few many games until you get a feel for it, but I believe that to assert my arms. "

Swedish captain Walhgren after raffling said: "The decision of whom to nominate Fed Cup match is always difficult. Susanne and Rebecca playing well this year, so I gave them the opportunity to dvojhier."

Celik does the Slovak entire team no wrestling experience: "My coach them during follow and give me useful information. Both play very good tennis. I expect a difficult meeting, we will try to bring the best performance."

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. April 2015 22:51 

Local Time:
Slovakia looking to kick-start bright future in Bratislava

MATCH REPORT
By Clive White

BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA: The question is, what on earth is Slovakia doing in Fed Cup by BNP Paribas World Group II? The answer is it stumbled this way by virtue of four consecutive defeats, two of them at least unscheduled, against Canada and the Netherlands. One expects it not only to find a way quickly out of its predicament against Sweden this weekend, but also get firmly back on track towards ultimately winning this competition.

Make no mistake, this team has the potential to replicate the success of 2002, when it won the title in Spain largely thanks to the efforts of a long-legged teenage sensation by the name of Daniela Hantuchova. The Slovak player is still around and looking as youthful as ever at nearly 32, but it is the recent emergence of 20-year-old Anna Schmiedlova, who won her first WTA title in Katowice last week, that has heightened the nation’s optimism.

Why, even local bragging rights in what used to be Czechoslovakia could soon be disputed: Petra Kvitova and company, you have been warned.

As it happens, Slovakia is without its No. 1 player Dominika Cibulkova, who is still recovering from a heel injury, and another top singles in Magdalena Rybarikova in Bratislava this weekend, but that shouldn’t prevent it beating an inexperienced Swedish team with an average age of less than 20 – and an average discrepancy in the rankings of some 140 places.

“I think we’ve got great potential – quite a few up-and-coming players – and I’m just glad and happy that if I would stop playing tomorrow we’ve got a great future ahead of us,” said Hantuchova. “I can walk away feeling good about women’s tennis in Slovakia, so, yeah, it’s nice to be part of this team and definitely refreshing to feel the young players around me.”
Hantuchova fans will be relieved to hear that she has no intention of retiring soon.

Besides, Matek Liptak, the captain, intends to draw heavily on her experience in the years ahead. As if to emphasise the team’s potential, when Rybarikova pulled out this week she was replaced by Schmiedlova’s younger sister, 17-year-old Kristina, who in the last two years has reached the quarterfinals of the junior French Open, showing an aptitude for clay that is shared by her sister.

In the absence of Cibulkova, Anna Schmiedlova is the new No. 1 and proud to be so in her first Fed Cup tie at home – not half as proud as her parents though! She has enjoyed practising in the company of her sister because they get little chance to do so these days, playing at different levels of the game.

Schmiedlova, who will face the world No. 235 Rebecca Peterson in the opening rubber at the Aegon Arena National Tennis Centre on Saturday, is slightly at a loss to comprehend her recent improvement which has seen her rise 29 places in the rankings to No. 46 in the space of just two months.

“We were working really hard in the off-season after last year when I had some bad part where I didn’t win a match for three or four months and it was really tough,” she said. “But this has been a new experience and I feel more happy with every match I win and more confident. I was really, really excited to win my first WTA title.”

Lar-Anders Wahlgren’s Sweden team is a far cry from the one that despatched a strong Great Britain side 4-1 three years ago in a World Group II play-off; Johanna Larsson recently withdrew through injury and Sofia Arvidsson is also unavailable.

It has meant that Susanne Celik, ranked No. 221 in the world, moves up to No. 1, but at least she and Peterson can swing away in the happy knowledge that they have nothing to lose and if they can perform with the same maturity that teammate Cornelia Lister displayed during her debutante speech at the gala dinner on Wednesday they will not be without hope.

The full draw is listed below:
Saturday
R1 – Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (SVK) v Rebecca Peterson (SWE)
R2 – Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Susanne Celik (SWE)
Sunday
R3 - Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (SVK) v Susanne Celik (SWE)
R4 - Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Rebecca Peterson (SWE)
R5 – Jana Cepelova/Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Ellen Allgurin/Cornelia Lister (SWE)

In rehearsal best captain

In traditional rehearsal before the Fed Cup meeting proved in the best shape Slovak captain Matej Liptak. Of the three fun mini-tournament team and complete implementation hráčok Friday afternoon at AEGON arena won two. Miniturnaj handed won Jana Čepelová, left-handed Matej Liptak, who together with Daniela Hantuchova also won the doubles.

Tournaments are always on release before the weekend. A sense of good fun demonstrated former Italian discus Marco Martini, personal trainer Daniela Hantuchova. Unintentional burn the body of sparring partner Slovak hráčok Philip Hawaii bore heroically. The largest deployment he played leading team Lubomir Palenik, which in the final doubles alongside Jane Čepelová zluftoval recorded smash - and it was decided. ,, I do not know how this could happen, this is my favorite punch ... "Sorry Pálenik female partners.

@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2015 16:17 

Local Time:
Career win #538, and it came easy, guys. 6-2, 6-0. Daniela won the first four games, Celik the next two, then Dani closed in style with the last eight. Love it when she whomps someone that she should. Schmiedlova won 6-3, 6-3, so Slovakia is dominating like they're supposed to.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2015 16:18 

Local Time:
|19. April 2024| 03:33
Daniela won 62 60

The first set was streamed but then Slovak tv decided to show the ice hockey.

Daniela won all points on serve in the 2nd set and only lost 5 points in the set.

Great job Daniela!!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2015 16:19 

Local Time:
A fairly routine win by Daniela. The first set was reasonably competitive as Celik put up some resistance and the games took a while and a few GPS for Daniela to win and Celik even broke Daniela. When Daniela got the first set she went through the second set pretty quickly and was was able to win in under an hour to put Slovakia 2-0 up in the tie after Carolina won her match. I actually saw the first set on a buffering stream which then switched to ice hockey after the first set so I had to follow the second set on live scores which ticked off a game to Daniela every couple of minutes as Daniela sailed through it.

It would be great if Carolina can win the first match tomorrow and clinch the tie and let Daniela put her feet up but if Daniela needs to clinch the tie then she'd be able to do it.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2015 16:26 

Local Time:
Tennis Fed: Schmedlová after winning the first point: "I dropped a stone of the heart" (3)

Bratislava April 18 (TASR) - Slovak tennis players lead after the initial meeting singles Barážové to participate in the second. World Group Fed Cup over Sweden 1: 0th The first point for the team captain Matej Liptak was provided by Slovak unit Anna Carolina Schmiedlová that have on clay in Bratislava NTC consulted with the Swedish number two, Rebecca Peterson at 1:24 h in straight sets 6: 3, 6: 3rd The second single, a measured force Daniela Hantuchova and Susanne Copper.

The fate of the first game duel between Schmiedlova and Peterson decided sixth gem, which broke the Slovakian súperkino administration. The winner of the WTA tournament in Katowice was more confident in long rallies from the baseline, little spoiled. Peterson WINNERY alternated with unforced errors at decisive moments hitting it lacked certainty. In the second act Swede added at aggression and after a quick counterattack built a lead 3: 1. Schmiedlová but then won five games in a row and credited to the account of a single in the second victory in the Fed Cup. In February, the Dutch defeated the home Appeldorn unit Kiki Bertens.

Schmiedlová had never triumph over Peterson great joy. "He fell like a stone of the heart. It was my first Fed Cup singles before the home crowd, moreover, after winning the title in Katowice there were great expectations. Before the start of the match I was a little nervous, but it gradually faded from me. Swede was unpleasant, played hill and high ball, which I really did not meet. his style somewhat surprised me. I'm glad that I finally managed it in two sets. The condition 1: 3 in the second act, I can say that I have a hard time as well as in the final against Giorgi in Katowice I managed to get five many games in a row. Fed Cup matches are never easy. We have a witness rather big favorite, and each of us waiting for the win,"said Schmiedlová. Peterson acknowledged that it was Schmiedlová chew. "I chased after the court, let me get into the right rhythm. It has been shown that it has much more experience than me and is higher in the world rankings. I need to play as many of these games."

Slovaks embarked in a duel to keep the second division without its best singlistky Dominika Cibulkova, who in March underwent surgery growths on the tendon. For problems with the heel and tendon dropped from nominations Magdalena Rybarikova. The Swedes arrived in Bratislava without his unit Johanna Larsson, who has suffered the WTA tournament in Miami hand injury. In Fed Cup history to the first mutual combat.

@ google translate

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next