Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open, Wuhan
PostPosted: 19. September 2014 18:57 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 16:54
Dates: September 21 - 27, 2014 image
Venue: Wuhan, China
Tier: Premier
Prize Money: $2,440,070
Surface: Hard/Outdoors
Tournament Director: Mr Yi Guoqing

Official Website: www.wuhanopen.org

Last Appearance: New Tournament

Singles:
1R: Barbora Zahlavova Strycova (CZE) bt Daniela Hantuchova 7-6(5) 7-6(2)

Doubles:
1R: Daniela Hantuchova/Barbora Zahlavova Strycova bt [WC] Wang Yafan/Zhu Lin 6-4 6-1
2R: [3] Raquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears bt Daniela Hantuchova/Barbora Zahlavova Strycova 6-1 6-3

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open, Wuhan
PostPosted: 19. September 2014 19:01 

Local Time:
Singles draw:MDS.pdf

Daniela's got Zahlavova Strycova in the first round so that will be tough as she's a lot better than Van Uytvanck or Gajdosova.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. September 2014 22:36 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 17:54
Still a better draw than she could have had...would be nice to get revenge on that 2nd round Wimbledon loss in 2010...

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. September 2014 19:46 

Local Time:
Daniela's match is first on Court 1, 11am start.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. September 2014 19:49 

Local Time:
Guess who Daniela's playing doubles with? She plays Barbora then she plays with Barbora. They start against Chinese wildcards Wang Yafan and Zhu Lin. The winner plays Kops-Jones and Spears.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 21. September 2014 07:10 

Local Time:
Didn't go exactly go according to plan. Lost 6-7(5) 6-7(2)-served for the first set,blew 4 set points and lost the TB. Served for the second set,had a SP,lost the TB.

Hard to over-emphasize how horrible this year has been. :cry:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. September 2014 13:01 

Local Time:
At least she gave herself the opportunities...her game is getting there...did anyone see the match?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. September 2014 14:33 

Local Time:
If this is frustrating for us, it'll be so much worse for Daniela. It's yet another tough loss where she has chances to win and this was a match she could easily have won in straight sets but instead she ends up losing in straight sets. It's yet another match where she can't, or isn't allowed to, take her opportunities. Who knows what would have happened if Daniela had won the first set? Daniela keeps on fighting, she keeps competing, she shows her resilience after the massive blow of losing the first set after having all those set points but this is another match where she just can't close the deal. So near, yet so far away.

Zahlavova Strycova's got an amazing record in tiebreaks this year so when Daniela couldn't take the set points, it was going to be difficult to win the tiebreaks. Her stats, especially on second serve, are actually fairly decent, although Zahlavova Strycova's are slightly better

Hopefully Daniela can do something with Barbora in doubles and salvage something from the tournament. She really could do with getting some wins to give her a boost.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 21. September 2014 22:58 

Local Time:
Daniela's doubles match is second on Court 3 after another doubles match, play starts at 11 am.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. September 2014 00:01 

Local Time:
|18. April 2024| 11:54
I'm so anguished and frustrated that there's nothing more to say. Good luck to Dani in doubles. :|

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. September 2014 00:27 

Local Time:
According to reports Daniela is practicing more than ever these days, she is clearly giving her best and to be honest that's all we can ask of her.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. September 2014 01:33 

Local Time:
[quote="eddy"]she is clearly giving her best and to be honest that's all we can ask of her.
[quote]

Absolutely, eddy. I have always known that she owes us no more than that, and clearly, the all-out effort is still there. After I saw Chungwit's post of Daniela with the little girl that's named after her, I was reminded of who she really is and now I feel a lot better. Go get 'em in doubles, Dani!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. September 2014 06:49 

Local Time:
Let the good times roll! Daniela & BZS romp! :) 6-4, 6-1. They won the last six games, were never broken on serve, and won 4 out of their last 5 service games at love, at one point garnering 15 consecutive points. Sweet! Good news for you guys to awaken to! :P

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. September 2014 14:46 

Local Time:
A really good win in doubles for Daniela & Barbora. After a fairly close 1st set, they dominated the second and won fairly easily. I feel that Zahlavova Strycova's the best partner that Daniela's had for a long time so hopefully this will be a long term team. Next up are Kops-Jones & Spears, who have been a bete noire of Daniela in the past. They're a good team so it would be a very good win for Daniela & Barbora and it would probably be Daniela's best doubles win for a long time.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. September 2014 16:47 

Local Time:
Daniela doubles are third on Court 4. Two other doubles contests precede. Both the second match and Dani's are after suitable rest. BZS faces Kerber on Court 1 as the third match scheduled there. That court begins at 11 AM Wuhan time, and Court 4 starts at 1 PM. It is possible that BZS's singles might get a court change if the 2 singles matches ahead of her go long, to allow for the suitable rest.
I imagine if I met Rachel or Abigail, they would be good people. As a doubles team, however, I detest them. You know my story in Carlsbad last year. Daniela's first match with Hingis was magical. There was a fairy tale atmosphere. Daniela was giddy afterwards. They played like worldbeaters. So many good things were possible. Two nights later, they faced Kops-Jones and Spears. They were kicking butt until midway in the 2nd set. The BFF's were in a great mood and were giggling during changeovers. Dumb, maybe, but they certainly meant no harm or disrespect. Kops-Jones and Spears chose to take it as an affront. They came from behind and won the supertiebreak. In doing so, I believe they pricked Daniela's gonfalon bubble. We know how things ended up with Hingis. I believe that a piece of Daniela's heart was taken from her beginning with that loss. Counting it, from that night forward, Dani's records are 21-29 in singles (17-28 if New York is taken out), and 13-22 in doubles. 'Nuff said. Dani and BZS couldn't beat those party-wreckers bad enough! Likely, they won't. But I'll hold on to hope.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Tournaments

Go to page 1, 2  Next