Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 14. November 2014 17:21 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 22:15
Auckland

Hantuchova added to Classic tennis field

Former world tennis No.5 Daniela Hantuchova is the latest addition to the field for the WTA tournament in Auckland in January.

The 31-year-old Hantuchova, now ranked No.63, will be making third appearance in the ASB Classic.

She reached the semi-finals as the No.2 seed in 2006, but was knocked out in the second round a year later when she was the third seed.

A former Australian Open semi-finalist, Hantuchova this year reached the third round in both Melbourne and in the French Open.

Other players previously confirmed for the Classic include Danish world No.8 Caroline Wozniacki and American Venus Williams, a seven-time Grand Slam champion and runner-up last summer.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. December 2014 18:38 

Local Time:
Hobart’s sitting pretty with Daniela Hantuchova wildcard hopeful
BRETT STUBBS MERCURY DECEMBER 06, 2014 12:00AM

FORMER world top 10 and tennis glamour girl Daniela Hantuchova is a realistic chance of playing in next month’s Hobart International.

Tournament director Mark Handley yesterday announced the first 23 players confirmed for the 2015 event, with five wildcards and four qualifying spots still up for grabs.

The 23 announced yesterday are ranked between 29 and 60 and with Hantuchova ranked 63, the 31-year-old Slovak missed automatic entry.

However, Handley said the six-time WTA winner was a strong chance for a wildcard alongside former Croatian, now Australian, Ajla Tomljanovic and 2013 Hobart winner, Russia’s Elena Vesnina.

“A former top 10, an Australian and a former winner — we hope they will move into the main draw at a later date once we’ve expelled wildcards and if there happens to be any withdrawals,” Handley said.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. January 2015 12:18 

Local Time:
Pattaya & Acapulco

Hantuchova and Asia’s top stars headline 2015 PTT Thailand Open
Friday, 16 January 2015

The US$250,000 PTT Thailand Open, WTA professional tennis tournament enters its 24th year on the calendar with a parade of stars headed by two times champion Daniela Hantuchova and a field that includes for the first time all the top Asian stars ranked in the top 100.

The winner of the tournament, which will be played at the Dusit Thani Hotel, Pattaya from 08-15 February takes home a cheque for US$43,000 and 280 ranking points.

Daniela Hantuchova, who won the tournament in 2011 and 2012, is returning to Pattaya in an attempt to become the first player in the history of the event to secure a hat-trick of wins. Hantuchova’s distinguished record includes 6 WTA singles and 9 doubles titles and also includes the rare feat of winning all 4 Grand Slam mixed doubles titles.

Acapulco:

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2015 05:03 

Local Time:
|13. May 2024| 17:15
Another reason why Daniela is a way better person than me. I'd have never forgiven the organizers for the way they treated a 2 time defending champion 2 years ago.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2015 17:09 

Local Time:
Daniela gets into the main draw for Pattaya and Acapulco as they're Internationals while she'd have to qualify for the Premiers those weeks. Plus, she's been so successful in Pattaya that she'll overlook an unsuccessful attempt at organising a drinking session in the brewery.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2015 19:26 

Local Time:
she'll overlook an unsuccessful attempt at organising a drinking session in the brewery.

This must be one interesting story! Care to elaborate?

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 17. January 2015 22:31 

Local Time:
she'll overlook an unsuccessful attempt at organising a drinking session in the brewery.

This must be one interesting story! Care to elaborate?

Just a reference to the bad organisation two years ago in Pattaya, drinking session is slightly more elegant than piss-up.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. January 2015 16:15 

Local Time:
Monterey.

Abierto Monterrey ‏@Abierto_MTY 18h18 hours ago
¡¡Confirmada al #AbiertoMty AFIRME la experimentada eslovaca: Daniela Hantuchova!! #WTA…

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 26. January 2015 21:53 

Local Time:
I just read on the Australian thread here that Fed Cup comes the week before Pattaya. Please, Daniela, please don't do it! I also remember seeing someplace that Dani wanted to visit the House of the Smile hospital in Cambodia that she supports. I hope she does for the humanitarian reasons, and to do it this or next week would have her traveling from Melbourne to Phonm Penh to Pattaya City, far easier than going to the freakin' Netherlands than back to Pattaya. I looked at the Fed Cup site and saw all the records Daniela holds for Slovakia in the past. You've done more than enough for your country, young lady. Do something for yourself this time. The HIV children in Cambodia will love to see you.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2015 00:57 

Local Time:
Slovakia haven't picked the team for the Fed Cup yet. Right now, Daniela's the fourth ranked Slovak after Cibulkova, Rybarikova & Cepelova. Cibulkova's a certainty to play, but Liptak's not picked Rybarikova for a live rubber since 2011 so it's basically between Cepelova & Daniela for the second spot. The tie's going to be on clay so that could be a factor in whether Daniela decides to play or not. Right now, I don't see Daniela turning up to be an alternate or just play doubles but you never know. If she was playing Antwerp, I'm pretty sure she'd be available but last year she skipped the tie in Canada before playing Marrakech the next week. Both times she won Pattaya, she played Fed Cup ties in Slovakia before going out to Pattaya. We'll see whether Daniela plays or not but Slovakia should beat Netherlands.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 27. January 2015 19:52 

Local Time:
I had forgotten that Dani played Fed Cup the week before her two victories in Thailand. But now that my recollection has been refreshed, I also remember that in the tourneys the week after Pattaya, Daniela became weak and dizzy and had to retire. Funny, back when I first joined the Forum I was gung ho about her patriotism and playing for Slovakia every chance she got. And I still think highly of her for that and imagine that she still loves to do it. But, at least IMHO, only when it makes sense. It doesn't here, particularly because the tie is pretty close to meaningless and, as Chungwit says, Slovakia can beat the Dutch without her. Daniela, I'm certain, is endlessly grateful that I don't make decisions for her schedule, but I'm still hoping she passes on this round of Fed Cup.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. January 2015 18:52 

Local Time:
Daniela's skipping the Fed Cup tie against Netherlands. Slovakian team is Cibulkova, Rybarikova, Schmiedlova and Kucova.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 10. February 2015 17:06 

Local Time:
Slovakia are at home to Sweden in the Fed Cup play-off, tie is played 18-19 April.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. February 2015 16:44 

Local Time:
Daniela's got a wild card for Dubai.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2015 20:39 

Local Time:
And as I write this, Daniela is chillng on a plane to Dubai, crossing 6 or so time zones, to face Barthel tomorrow night at 7:00 P.M. That's life on the WTA. I'm too euphoric right now to get into how crass this is. Just hope Dani can physically survive it.

Let's Go, Daniela!

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 61  Next