Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 61  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Grand Slam Champion
 Post subject: Re: What Does Daniela Play Next?
PostPosted: 17. July 2009 11:47 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 05:14

I have Hantuchova coming in next Wednesday and I will show her “You don’t scream now, but I can show you how to do it and show you how it can increase your power.”

Well , if Pat really thinks that Dani's power is going to increase with some grunting , it sounds amazing to me , as long as she doesn't scream like Sharapova .

ITF Champion
PostPosted: 17. July 2009 11:51 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 06:14
I think that a little grunting wouldn't go amiss if it could improve Daniela'a performance. But not too loud please ! :)

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. July 2009 14:17 

Local Time:
Im going along the same lines as you guys, I wont mind a bit of grunting if that's going to increase Daniela's power, and therefore improve her game, but if she starts screeching like the likes of Sharapova, Azarenka and, god forbid, Larcher De Brito then I wont be best pleased

Scott

http://www.facebook.com/scotthatley1987
http://twitter.com/scotthatley87

Profile WWW

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 20. July 2009 05:18 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 13:14
LOL screeching Dani will be quite awkward. Hahaha..
But if her game improve, scream as much as you want. Hehehe...

Life Is Tense When Daniela Hantuchova is The Main Hot Stuff Of Our Life.
Hahahahaha

Hey guys! Visit my blog if you have some times to spend okay!

Profile YIM

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. July 2009 13:21 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 07:14
What a clown Etcheberry is! :roll:

I would love him to explain how Safin and Federer hit the ball as hard as they do without making a sound. Screaming will never be a substitute for timing.

Daniela gave a very firm opinion about grunting at Wimbledon. I hope she tells him where to go! :grr:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 20. July 2009 19:37 

Local Time:
This is a new thing to me. I am not going to dismiss Etcheberry's opinion on this as easily as Benji did, but like him I would like to know how grunting or screaming increases one's body weight, improves stroke technique or fastens body rotation.

F.T.R what did Daniela say about grunting?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 20. July 2009 23:27 

Local Time:
Both Daniela and Sugiyama were very clear in their view that grunting was a form of gamesmanship and they would have nothing to do with it.

I really don't know WTF Etcheberry is talking about. He was never a tennis player,and comparing tennis to weightlifting is about as ludicrous as it gets. It is not his job to interfere with Daniela's stroke production and I'm very disturbed to hear him spouting off about it. He should be working on improving Daniela's movement and agility. Given the mess he's made of poor Jelena Jankovic,it's the least he could do.

I don't recall Justine Henin shrieking like a banshee when he was working with her either,and she hit the ball plenty hard enough....

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2009 00:36 

Local Time:
I've been to both Toronto and Montreal actually. I've lived in Quebec City. I visited Toronto during Christmas and it was freezing, but beautiful. I liked the city a lot. I visited Montreal in April, but a hot April. I liked Montreal too. I found a really cool sports bar with cheap beer.

Montreal was fantastic. Hurley's on Rue Crescent gives out free whisky at 2am on a Monday. The city had a great vibe, it was very funky and cosmopolitan with a lot of things to see and do.

In Toronto I was asked if I was a tennis coach after Daniela's match there in 2005. I was wearing the same gear going back to the hotel at 11:30pm and I got asked where the strip clubs were. Make of that what you will. Peter Ustinov said that Toronto was New York run by the Swiss.

My view on grunting is that all players should be wired up and if they get louder than 85db, they get an electric shock that gets more severe the louder the grunt is.

On a slightly more serious note, Daniela does audibly exhale often enough when hitting so she's not silent all the time. Guga made a bit of noise when he played so it's possible that Passos may want her to make more noise. He is someone that would know how to train a champion. I'd like to know what he thinks about it.

Quite a few of the loudest screamers like Shazza and de Brito went to the Bolletieri academy as did Daniela and she's nowhere near as loud as them. It is possible that Daniela was encouraged to scream there but she doesn't so I'm not sure how receptive she'll be to be told to scream and I'm a little sceptical that screaming in and of itself will increase her power when hitting. Shazza's power comes from her being big and strong and her screaming is basically gamesmanship and intimidation.
I'm a little curious about Etcheberry's data about screaming and the power of shots. Federer's fairly quiet and he's done all right. I'd rather have Passos look after the hitting part of Daniela's game, Etcheberry can work on her fitness. I'm not totally dismissing Etcheberry's input but I would put far more value on what Passos thinks.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2009 16:49 

Local Time:
My view on grunting is that all players should be wired up and if they get louder than 85db, they get an electric shock that gets more severe the louder the grunt is.Damn straight.

Daniela's always had an endearing little groan,but it's not offputting (unless you're a young male :lol: ). My opinion is that at 26 there is no point altering her technique,and hitting the ball hard has never been a problem for her(keeping it between the lines on the other hand... :roll: ).

The main counter-example to Etcheberry's theory is Marat Safin. I've never seen anyone hit the ball so hard and he barely makes a noise,at least until he makes another stupid UE and then the Russian expletives start flying.

OT-The Wicker Man has to be the creepiest movie I've ever seen!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. July 2009 21:40 

Local Time:
Nick Bolletieri used to be a Marine, probably where he got the idea for grunting from:

OT-The Wicker Man has to be the creepiest movie I've ever seen!

I found the remake with Nick Cage to be a very distressing experience. Then again, what would you expect from a Hollywood remake with Nick Cage in it?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 23. July 2009 10:17 

Local Time:
I found the remake with Nick Cage to be a very distressing experience. Then again, what would you expect from a Hollywood remake with Nick Cage in it? :lol: You're a braver person than I am. No way was I going to watch Cage soil the legacy of the great Edward Woodward. :grr:

Site Admin
PostPosted: 23. July 2009 22:13 

Local Time:
hitting the ball hard has never been a problem for herActually this has always been a problem and the main reason why Daniela can't get away with bad movement like Davenport could. And why her serve doesn't live up to its potential. Pace of Daniela's shots is fine vs. most scrubs as she usually manages to overpower them, but once she faces someone more capable she's in trouble. That's why big hitters are the worst match up for her.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. July 2009 23:41 

Local Time:
I found the remake with Nick Cage to be a very distressing experience. Then again, what would you expect from a Hollywood remake with Nick Cage in it? :lol: You're a braver person than I am. No way was I going to watch Cage soil the legacy of the great Edward Woodward. :grr:

What about Jason Statham?

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 24. July 2009 08:46 

Local Time:
What about Jason Statham? Oh my God,the horror. When will it end?

Daniela has trouble against big hitters because of poor movement and defensive skills,and it's those that should be worked upon,rather than this grunting nonsense.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 1. August 2009 17:10 

Local Time:
American tennis Hráčkin plan until the U.S. Open has a clear form: Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Toronto and then New York. "There's a game I struggle, I want to cast in each maximum. At Stanford I succeeded, I hope to go even further as follows," zakončila Hantuchová optimistic.

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 61  Next