Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 2. September 2013 23:47 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 17:07
Hantuchova stops American Riske's run

Daniela Hantuchova takes on American Alison Riske in the fourth round of women's action at the 2013 US Open.
By Nicholas McCarvel

Monday, September 2, 2013
WHAT HAPPENED: Eleven years after she was there for the first time, Daniela Hantuchova booked a place in the US Open quarterfinals Monday afternoon against Alison Riske, fighting off the pesky American and an over-four-hour rain delay, the Slovakian winning 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 in Arthur Ashe Stadium.

Now 30, Hantuchova is back into a Grand Slam quarterfinal of any sort for the first time since 2008, when she made a career-best run into the semifinals of the Australian Open. Hantuchova lost to Serena Williams in the 2002 quarterfinals.

Before and after the rain delay, the 5-foot-11 veteran was zoned in on her serve. She belted out 15 aces in the two-hour, one-minute match, including a winning delivery on match point out wide, thrusting her arms overhead and breaking into a wide grin.

Though Hantuchova owned both their career meetings coming in, Riske was more dangerous this US Open than ever before, coming in with a career-high No. 81 ranking and registering her first-ever win over a Top 10 opponent, downing No. 7 seed Petra Kvitova in straight sets in the third round.

But Hantuchova’s penetrating, flat groundstrokes were too much for the 23-year-old from Pittsburgh. Hantuchova blasted 46 winners in the three sets to 17 for Riske.

Riske looked poise to make a comeback, returning from the four-hour delay serving at 4-all after trailing a set and 2-4 before it. She claimed the second set with solid, gutsy play, breaking at love to send the match into a third set.

In the decider, however, Hantuchova found her range again. She broke Riske for a 3-1 lead as the American started to look tight. Hantuchova then didn’t look back, breaking again at 5-2 for a place in the final eight.

WHAT IT MEANS: Now into her fifth career quarterfinal, Hantuchova gets to rest easy Monday night knowing that she’ll have more time off than her next opponent as Ana Ivanovic and Victoria Azarenka’s fourth-round encounter on Monday was delayed to due to weather and will be played on Tuesday.

Hantuchova is 2-2 in her career against Azarenka and 2-5 against Ivanovic.

THE QUESTION: Is this the best late-career run of Hantuchova’s career?

Daniela Hantuchova takes on American Alison Riske in the fourth round of women's action at the 2013 US Open.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2013 05:01 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 11:07
Excellent article. I don't know how to upload articles, but I just read a real good one on Yahoo via Reuters that one of you guys could put up. The highlight, at least for me, is Daniela saying she loves New York and could move there in a second. I have always dreamed of Dani becoming an American citizen. Come on over, young lady! New York will welcome you with open arms! :)

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2013 09:13 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 16:07
An interview with: DANIELA HANTUCHOVA
Monday, September 2, 2013

Q. Good comeback in the third set. At the end of the second, she played pretty well to even it, but then you got control again.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, she did. She played extremely well at the end of the second set. Just really proud the way I fought back into it in the third, raised my level when I needed to. Obviously the serve was working really well today. I think that was the main difference.

Q. When was the last time you served so well?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Couldn't really remember. I guess 11 years ago (smiling).

Q. Do you know the ace count?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I think 15.

Q. When you think of the US Open in general, you've had high moments and moments where you ended up out in the first round. What does it mean to you when you look at the US Open on the calendar every year? Is it something you look forward to?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Definitely, mainly because I love New York. I could live here in one second. I just love the city. It's got so much energy, atmosphere. It's the last Grand Slam of the year. Obviously you always want to finish on a high. I was really glad I was able to do that so far this year. This tournament is only starting now for me. It just means the world to me to be again in the quarterfinals.

Q. It's been a tough singles time for you after Birmingham. Did you expect to do so well coming in here?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Not really. But I guess the best things happen when you don't expect them.

Q. Talk really about why.

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, just fighting like crazy, really leaving everything I've got on the court. Really putting my heart into it because it means so much to me. I guess, you know, sometimes you keep trying, keep trying, and then you don't know why, but it just comes all together.

Q. How did you handle the rain delay?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I mean, it's never easy, especially when I had those chances early in the second set to kind of forget it and get ready for whatever was coming. You know, we were ready to go couple of times. But was the same for both of us.

Q. Did you nap or eat?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I did all of that.

Q. A lot of women you played against when you were in the quarterfinals here last time are no longer playing. What is it about you?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No, actually they're still playing. I played I think a hundred times Serena and Venus. It's actually nice to see all of them still playing.

Q. Many of the lower ranked players have come and gone. What keeps you on the tour?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Just the love for the game. I love doing what I'm doing so much that I wouldn't change it for anything else in the world. That's the reason why I'm here.

Q. Do wins and losses matter less than they did, say, 10 years ago?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, definitely.

Q. Because?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I just appreciate everything a lot more. I appreciate just being able to be a tennis player, be healthy, doing what I'm doing, because it's a big privilege to be in this position, to be so lucky in my life.

Q. What has the process been like playing with Hingis?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: You know, we had so much fun. All the matches were really great here. Really unfortunate with the draw, but I still think it was a great match. We really enjoyed it. Had our chances. The biggest chance we had was in San Diego in the second round. I think if we would have won that, it would make a big difference. But we didn't. Still, you know, coming back after so many years off it's never easy. I think she handled everything really well, and I really enjoyed it.

Q. Even though you're veterans, you still need the confidence of a second round win in San Diego to build on things?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: No, because then we saw them winning the tournament. We were like really almost winning that match. That's what Martina felt like, that that could have made the difference. Doesn't matter what ranking you are. You always need to have the confidence and the momentum.

Q. Do you feel like that partnership with Martina has helped your singles game at all?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yeah, I mean, it's always great to have someone like that around. She understands the game so much. Like I said, once you are a champion you will always be a champion. I think it's great that she's back. I think the fans enjoyed it.

Q. You are 30. Do you have the same motivation on the tour right now?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Yes, I do. Even more. Like I said, I just enjoy every single moment being able to be out there and compete. Doesn't really matter which way it goes.

Q. What is it like on your nerves? You played Alison twice before on grass, but when you go out there in a situation like this, you know she's playing kind of above her ranking, is it particularly nerve wracking to go out against somebody like that?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: Not really. Absolutely not. I treat every match the same, so it doesn't really matter who is on the other side of the court.

Q. Is it strange when you come into these press conferences to be told over and over you're older when in real life you're so young?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: We always feel so much older in the tennis world than we do in the normal life. I'm so happy there's so many girls of my age and older around. I think we keep pushing each other. I think it's great for our generation. I mean, I'm actually pleased with it, that I'm able to compete at the highest level and really enjoy it.

Q. Why do you think there are more women playing into their 30s now?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: I think it's the experience, that we've been through so much, we know exactly what to do. Sometimes we don't do it, but we know what we should be doing.

Q. For women you have your fitness training that you do, weight training. Probably more than men you're also judged maybe on how you look. How tough is that to deal with?

DANIELA HANTUCHOVA: You know, 14 years, 15 years on the tour, I think I got used to that a while back ago. So, yeah, I think it is the way it is. I don't really pay too much attention to that.

Love of game keeps her going, Hantuchova says
Will Swanton 7 hours ago

By Will Swanton

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The first time Daniela Hantuchova reached the U.S. Open quarter-finals she was a teenager. The second time she is 30.

The unseeded Slovak defeated American wildcard Alison Riske 6-3 5-7 6-2 on Monday to end an extended absence from the last eight at Flushing Meadows since her loss to Serena Williams in 2002 as a 19-year-old.

In a commendable if not spectacular career, Hantuchova has since reached the world number five ranking, won the Fed Cup, secured the career grand slam in mixed doubles and made the semi-finals of the 2008 Australian Open. And now, having fallen to number 48 in the world, Hantuchova is back where it all started.

"It means a lot to me because I love New York," she said. "I could live here in one second. I just love the city, it's got so much energy, atmosphere. It's the last grand slam of the year and obviously you always want to finish on a high.

"The tournament is only starting now for me. It just means the world to me to again be in the quarter-finals."

Hantuchova will meet either Belarus' second seeded Victoria Azarenka or 13th-seeded Ana Ivanovic of Serbia for a place in the semi-finals.

She said there was a simple reason why players over 30, including Serena Williams and Australian veteran Lleyton Hewitt, were faring well in the men's and women's events at Flushing Meadows.

"Just the love for the game," she said.

"I love doing what I'm doing so much that I wouldn't change it for anything else in the world. That's the reason I'm here.

"I just appreciate everything a lot more. I appreciate being able to be a tennis player, to be healthy, doing what I'm doing.

It's a big privilege to be in this position, to be so lucky in my life."

She saw the irony in being regarded as old in tennis but young in day-to-day life.

"We always feel so much older in the tennis world than we do in the normal life," she said. "I'm so happy there's so many girls of my age, and older, still around. I think we keep pushing each other. It's great for our generation.

"We've been through so much, we know exactly what to do. Sometimes we don't do it, but we know what we should be doing."

Hantuchova's claim to fame in the early stages of the U.S. Open was partnering with Martina Hingis in the women's doubles.

They were beaten in the first round by top-seeded Italians Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci.

"It's always great to have someone like that around," Hantuchova said. "She understands the game so much. Once you are a champion, you will always be a champion."

If you want to post articles, Alex, highlight the text and drag it into the reply box.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Career Grand Slam
PostPosted: 3. September 2013 20:28 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 11:07
Yeah, those were it! Thanks, Chungwit!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. September 2013 00:00 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova's unexpected run

By Matt Cronin
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Daniela Hantuchova is pretty much a matter-of-fact, no-nonsense person. There is no double speak dribbling out of the 30-year-old Slovak’s mouth. She still believes in her game, even though she is sitting more than 40 spots below her career-high ranking. If she eventually realizes her dream of winning a Grand Slam title, fine. If she does not, that’s OK, too.

Wins and losses don't mean as much to her as they did, say, back in 2002, when she reached her sole US Open quarterfinal, or five months after that, when she reached a career-high No. 5 ranking.

“I just appreciate everything a lot more," Hantuchova said after her three-set win over American Alison Riske in the fourth round. “I appreciate just being able to be a tennis player, being healthy, doing what I'm doing, because it's a big privilege to be in this position, to be so lucky in my life.”

Hantuchova has been competing in WTA tournaments since 1999 and almost never stops traveling. She has played more than 1,300 matches in her career, and that doesn't count Fed Cup, where she has been a committed, diligent player for her nation, competing in 35 matches and leading her team to the title in 2002. She has played 260 three-set singles matches, more than any other active player.

She acknowledges that the travel can be a grind, but she accepts it, puts in her work and tries to keep her chin up. After a rough spring, she won the grass-court title in Birmingham but then sputtered all the way up until the US Open, sporting a 2-6 record.

But once she got to New York, her level picked up, and she took out four up-and-comers: Maria Sanchez, Victoria Duval, Julia Glushko and Riske. There was no rhyme or reason as to why. She did not expect to be preparing for a quarterfinal against world No. 2 Victoria Azarenka and thinking she had a chance.

“I guess the best things happen when you don't expect them,” she said. “Just fighting like crazy, really leaving everything I've got on the court. Really putting my heart into it because it means so much to me. I guess sometimes you keep trying, keep trying, and then you don't know why, but it just comes all together.”

The striking Hantuchova, who has always gone out of her way to publicize her sport, has gotten plenty of attention over her career, but very little of that was because of her doubles play. But last month, she teamed up with former No. 1 Martina Hingis again, and the pair contested five tournaments together. The news of that pairing made headlines the world over. Hantuchova praised Hingis up and down for her deep knowledge of the game and how she was still very talented, but the two haven’t had much success so far, going 3-5 and falling in a tough two-setter to top seeds Roberta Vinci and Sara Errani in the first round of the US Open.

“We had so much fun,” Hantuchova said. “All the matches were really great, really unfortunate with the draw, but I still think it was a great match. We really enjoyed it. Had our chances. Still, coming back after so many years off, it's never easy. I think she handled everything really well, and I really enjoyed it.”

Since she came on tour, Hantuchova has owned a two-handed backhand to die for and has been blessed with soft touch. She has developed a much bigger forehand and a very good first serve. She bombed 15 aces against Riske, which keyed her first run to a Grand Slam quarterfinal in more than five years. She couldn’t remember the last time she hit that many aces in a match.

“I guess 11 years ago,” she said with a smile, referencing her 2002 US Open quarterfinal run.

That year, Hantuchova knocked out former Roland Garros champion Iva Majoli, as well as a future US Open champion, Justine Henin, before going down to Serena Williams. Of the quarterfinalists that year, only three are still active: Venus Williams, Serena and Hantuchova. They may not be as quick as they were back then, but the 30-somethings are still capable of ruling.

“I think it's the experience – that we've been through so much, we know exactly what to do,” said Hantuchova. “Sometimes we don't do it, but we know what we should be doing.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. September 2013 20:14 

Local Time:
On #mygirls Radar: Porsche Design Sport
It's about time:

One of our favourite menswear ranges has finally come out with a women's line of modern, sleek, supercool pieces that #mygirls are already craving for fall.

We're Not The Only Ones:

"Porsche Design Sport is the perfect combination of sport, lifestyle and classiness," says Brand Ambassador Daniela Hantuchova. "It's the perfect selection for me because I like to dress sporty."

Sporty #mygirls Unite!

Some of our favourites? This black tote, which we would totally rock secret agent-style – and how cool is this white shoe with red spotted accents?

Gym Hoodie
details

Tote Bag
details

Easy Flex Tension
details

Major news, major style, #mygirls approved.

WATCH THE COLLECTION IN ACTION HERE!

FOLLOW DANIELA on Facebook and Twitter!

Want to see the goods up close and personal? Find a store near you.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. September 2013 11:36 

Local Time:
Caroline Wozniacki ‏@CaroWozniacki 17h
Good day of work done! Had a practice with @dhantuchova, always fun! Now time to relax and would love to watch the Mayweather fight!

10:15 AM - 14 Sep 13
@ Caroline Wozniacki's twitter.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 25. September 2013 20:55 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: Sofia reminded me of Bratislava

Daniela Hantuchova: Sofia reminded me of Bratislava
Thanks to your title run at Birmingham, you’re in the running for Sofia. What would it mean for you to contest the event?
I actually really enjoyed my time there last year. The city itself reminded me of Bratislava and I felt comfortable there. The whole event was really well organised and run and we had a great week overall, so it would mean a lot to be able to go back again this year.

What are your memories of the event and the city itself?
I just remember that the hospitality was really great and they took care of us so well – almost as if it was the WTA Championships, which I’ve also played during my career. But I didn’t win any matches in Sofia last year, so I have a lot to prove if I get to go back – hopefully I’ll do better!

Talk about your week in Birmingham – highlights, challenges, and so on.
I definitely remember the quarterfinal match against Francesca Schiavone, which went more than three hours. I was down a set and 4-1 and then 3-0 in the third set tie-break but I never gave up and kept fighting for every point. Francesca’s such a great competitor with a game I respect very much, so I really enjoyed the match and it was a great feeling to come through it.

Talk about your game as a tennis player. What are you working on at the moment?
I’m just trying to work on everything and improve each day, focusing on things that I don’t do as well as I might in matches. It’s always a work in progress, although it’s not so easy at my age!

What are your thoughts on round robin competitions?
I like it, because it is different to normal tournaments. Even if you lose a match, you have another chance to do well. At the same time, the format gives the fans a chance to see everyone play, even if they come later in the week.

You’re juggling tennis and university studies – how do you manage the demands on your time?
[Laughs] Well, let’s say for the moment it’s more tennis than university! It was getting crazy trying to juggle both, but I know I can always go back to my studies later.

What is your favourite tournament?
That’s easy: Indian Wells. I won the event twice, they are my biggest titles and I just love the area. It’s so relaxed there – an oasis in the desert – and being able to play golf whenever I want to is a real treat.

Interview by WTA

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2013 14:01 

Local Time:
Hantuchova you complained, it highlights those not so much
Author: SITA, Today 13:59

When evaluating the season ranked tennis player Slovak Fed Cup victory in Serbia.
Top 3 to include further progress to the quarter finals and the U.S. Open triumph in Birmingham.

BRATISLAVA 24 (Reuters) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova yet knows whether its cooperation with the Košice native Martina Hingis in doubles will continue in season 2014.

Tennis exhibition in Bratislava will have a stellar cast "So far we have talked about it somehow. Might be an opportunity to deal with the law during its pobudnutia in Bratislava," noted Daniela Hantuchova on Thursday's presentation press conference at the Tennis Classic charity event to be held on 4 December from 19.00 h Aegon NTC arena for participation mentioned two female players and Frenchmen Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Gael Monfils.

The former world number five ranking Finally nezmestila over the line so. Small World Open in Sofia, Bulgaria, so this year the competition has ended for her.

To unpleasant experiences trying to forget

"I've had a week off, still waiting for my week vacation,"
heralded 30-year-old native of Poprad Hantuchova, and noted that in the holiday spirit and it will stay 12 - 16 November on the private island of the British billionaire Sir Richard Branson in the Caribbean, where he played in a charity event Necker Cup: "I look forward to it."

Australian Open semifinalist in 2008 that at that stage career has taken note of the limits and the more you enjoy success: "In assessing the season I ranked at the top of our February's Fed Cup victory in Serbia. The Top 3 are probably further progress to the quarter finals U.S. Open triumph and Birmingham. because I finally got the title to my favorite grass. With age have those peaks is not so much ... I can not choose other than to accept it. Also due to foot problems, which I want now doliečiť were a period of weeks, when I can not prepare according to your wishes. should take advantage of the favorable phase and take the rest as it is. unpleasant experiences to try to soon forget. I take it day by day. Behold the 2016 Olympics in Rio say that 'why not?', but the point is that even if I will pursue tennis. Maybe one day you wake up and you'll feel that attracted me something new. "

Now addresses the issue of coach

The mentioned unpleasant experience this year was one of the April in Moscow lost in the semifinals of the Federation Cup. "Great pity that you do not include a final next week. We had very close to him and the Italians we could dare. After the winter we will have another chance, but we must look too far ahead., we must first fully concentrate on just the first step, because Nemko will be very strong opponent, " warned spoludržiteľka Fed Cup 2002.

Hantuchova was accompanied by the Kremlin Cup in Moscow coach Vladimir Pláteník, but tenure in this direction has not fallen, "Coach question now addressed. Leave after I decide which way I will go on."
@ google translate

Tennis: Tennis Classic in showing classes Hingis and Hantuchova against Tsonga and Monfils

Bratislava 24 October (TASR) - Former world number one with Slovak roots Martina Hingis will be headlining 6 Grade Tennis Exhibition Tennis Classic, which will take place on Wednesday 4 December at 19.00 h Aegon Arena Bratislava National Tennis Center.

It was accompanied at the event showcasing the Representative of Slovak Daniela Hantuchova and French pair Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (currently 8 player ranking ATP) and Gael Monfils (31). The event will kick off the French Derby on two winning sets, then comes the so-called. Championship tie-break Hantuchova with Hingis and finally mixed doubles. "In it enters Daniela with Tsongom against Monfils with Hingis and will play one set in eight games," said chief organizer of exhibitions Roman Smotlak. The idea to bring Slovakia five times Grand Slam champion Hingis came in the summer. "We first thought about it over the summer, when Danka put together in doubles with Martina. We then approached by Daniela. And we are very glad we did. Other great tennis players are Tsonga and Monfils. Both are close to the tip tennis players who can overcome any opponent. Tsonga First, we asked him if we were looking for someone more entertaining format. really look forward and hope to do well again a little fun and promote tennis in Slovakia, "said Smotlak.

For Hantuchova it will be the first ever exhibition in his native country. "I am very glad to introduce for the first time before the Slovak fans who give me tremendous energy and really look forward to it. The more that I play with Martin, who has roots in Slovakia. Sure you put in the body. Martina plays great when someone once champion and will be forever and no matter how long pause. In doubles proves, that are among the best in the world. It's a bit longer, which we last played against each other singles. It will be very interesting, "said Hantuchova. "Martin and we were girlfriends before career ended. Matches with it always gave me a lot and I have a lot to learn from it. Helped me when I started playing on the circuit, gave me a lot of incredibly valuable advice and gives them to me today . It is my great honor to play either against him or her, "she added.

Those interested can purchase tickets for the event since Friday in the net predpredaj.sk. Prices range up to 19-49 euros for VIP ticket paid 149 euros. The organizers have prepared an accompanying program aimed primarily at children. 15.00 h on the day of the event NTC can play with all four parties and exhibitions will be space for a book signing. Will not miss the traditional auction missiles and other items from players. Proceeds from it will be donated to the Foundation Project Hantuchova and Stars for Stars.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2013 17:14 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: Tennis love. Once I wake up with a different feeling, finish
Adam Zelinka | 24/10/2013 17:47
From January to October flown with tennis racket in the luggage of tens of thousands of kilometers. These days, however Daniela Hantuchova is taking a few days off.

"Finally I can do for you throughout the year do not have time. Play golf or sit down at the piano," revealed 30-year-old native of Poprad, at Thursday's press conference for the upcoming showing classes Tennis Classic. Along with Hantuchova was involved in Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Gael Monfils and Martina Hingis.

Are you excited that once again starred with former world number one?
Clearly. Martina still plays great. You know, when someone once champion, will remain so forever. Although long pausing, can play in doubles balanced portion and with the best. It will be great honor for me to stand up with her on one court. In the past, because I learned a lot from her and also my good friend.

Hingis, a native of Slovakia. In which language to communicate?
Slovak. Especially in the locker room is a great advantage - we can boldly because someone poohovárať (laughs). Hingis speaks fluent English, but sometimes I need it to get the English.

This year you tried to Švajčiarkou doubles the number of tournaments - including the U.S. Open Grand Slam. Repeat the cooperation in the next season?
For 2014 we are not yet agreed. Martina tennis has taken only as a supplement, it does a lot of other interests. Therefore, it is still too early to tell whether she finds time.

What do you say to the male cast Bratislava exhibitions?
When Monfils I sometimes feel that the current details you doing showcased. Is a great entertainer and Tsonga.

Introduce you to this year already for some of the showing classes?
In Colombia. The stadium was 25-thousand people and what they regaled was incredible. Such emotions I have experienced, which was also confirmed by other players.

All year you are traveling. Bored now during the holidays?
On the contrary, free days can be enjoyed. Trying to catch up on what I did not have time during the year. Indulge your favorite golf. You may also play the piano. I admit that I've sat next to him the day before yesterday, but only for five minutes. And I want you doliečiť foot injury.

At the ending moments of the season you most like to be remembered?
For the most significant achievements this year I think the Fed Cup final victory over the Serb, finals at the U.S. Open and triumph in Birmingham. I have to accept that my age will not be a lot of great moments. However, if I physically okay, I will continue to work hard. I realize, however, that the competition is huge. Therefore I must take advantage of every opportunity that arises to me.

During your career you've been replaced by several coaches. Which one gave you the most?
From everyone I've learned something - after tennis and personal terms. Most of them, however, was Mr. Bulko. He taught me a technique that uses today.

How does your next year's collaboration with Vladimir Pláteníkom?
Coach next year, I do not even finalized. Let's decide to leave.

Did you have a childhood tennis pattern?
Yes, but male. Was it Miloš Mečíř. When I was five years old and started with tennis, winning the Olympics in Seoul. It was a big motivation for me, and I dreamed that you once grouped under the five Olympic rings.

Fans will see you in three years at the Olympics in Rio?
So far they do not watch. Everything I see in the style of the day. But I love tennis so I'm doing it. Once I wake up with the feeling that it's not, just finish. Anyway, Rio is a big attraction.

What would you like to do after tennis career?
Maybe I will discuss fashion. Finally, a few days ago I underwent my first collection of t-shirts and baseball caps.

On the tennis star from € 19
Tennis exhibition Tennis Classic will be held in Bratislava's National Tennis Centre 4 December (19.00). Tickets can be purchased by fans on Friday . Their price is 19-49 euros. The program is as follows: Singles Tsonga - Monfils, Hantuchova - Hingis and Hantuchova mix / Tsonga - Hingis / Monfils.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2013 17:18 

Local Time:
Tennis fun to continue. Hantuchova welcome Hingis
Today 11:35 George Buch , TASR
BRATISLAVA - Also sixth sequel Tennis Exhibition Tennis Classic retains the hallmark stellar. In the Bratislava National Tennis Centre on 4 on December 19 o'clock present Daniela Hantuchova, a former world number one Martina Hingis and Frenchmen Jo-Wilfried Tsonga with Gael Monfils.

Year-old Australian Open 2008 finalist Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is currently in eighth place on the list for ATP, a year younger features on Monfils 31 rung, but two years ago he was one seventh rung.

Both Franúzi have the professional circuit reputation entertainers. "Monflis also plays important matches to be played as showcased, it's a great entertainer and one of them experiences a lot of fun. Tsonga is also a great exhibitionist," said Hantuchova Commenting on ratings.

The event will kick off the French Derby on two winning sets, then comes the so-called. Championship tie-break Hantuchova with Hingis and finally mixed doubles.

"In it enters Daniela with Tsongom against Monfils with Hingis and will play one set in eight games," said chief organizer of exhibitions Roman Smotlak.

The idea to bring Slovakia 33-year-old five times Grand Slam champion Hingis came in the summer.

"We first thought about it over the summer, when Danka put together in doubles with Martina. We then approached by Daniela. And we are very glad we did. Other great tennis players are Tsonga and Monfils. Both are close to the tip tennis players who can overcome any opponent. Tsonga First, we asked him if we were looking for someone more entertaining format. really look forward and hope to do well again a little fun and promote tennis in Slovakia," said Smotlak.

Daniela against long-time friend
For Hantuchova it will be the first ever exhibition in his native country.

"I am very glad to introduce for the first time before the Slovak fans who give me tremendous energy and really look forward to it. The more that I play with Martin, who has roots in Slovakia. Sure you put in the body. Martina plays great when someone once champion and will be forever and no matter how long pause. In doubles proves, that are among the best in the world. It's a bit longer, which we last played against each other singles. It will be very interesting," said Hantuchova.

"Martina and we were girlfriends before career ended. Matches with it always gave me a lot and I have a lot to learn from it. Helped me when I started playing on the circuit, gave me a lot of incredibly valuable advice and gives them to me today . It is my great honor to play either against him or her," she added.

From 19 euros. Motivation for children
Those interested can purchase tickets for the event since Friday in the net predpredaj.sk. Prices range up to 19-49 euros for VIP ticket paid 149 euros.

The organizers have prepared an accompanying program aimed primarily at children. 15.00 h on the day of the event NTC can play with all four parties and exhibitions will be space for a book signing.

Daniela Hantuchova will also present its new collection of sportswear. Will not miss the traditional auction missiles and other items from players. Proceeds from sales and auctions will be donated to the Foundation Project Hantuchova and Stars for Stars.

"This event is a great opportunity especially for young children that came to see the tennis. Remember when I saw a child playing with us stars like Boris Becker, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, Mary Pierce. Was the motivation for me so that I then run around all year Matador (tennis club in Petržalka) and I played tennis only because I saw play such great names. These are important details that can kick your children, and encourage you to go for their dreams," she added Daniela Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. October 2013 17:40 

Local Time:
- Press conference videos in Slovak

- more videos from press conference in Slovak

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. October 2013 17:28 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova helps sick children
Author: DJ / PR, yesterday 23:37

Do Zvolen exclusive visited the hospital visit. After a difficult season in Slovakia for a few days discovered the world's top tennis player Daniela Hantuchova. She is active in charity projects Colorful hospital, which helps small patients improve their stay in hospital.

New-space pediatric ward, cheerful colors that play, gave the representatives of the hospital along with tennis player and company Oriflame Slovakia.

The idea much more cozy space for small hospital patients was ten years ago and since then has managed to reconstruct areas in eight hospitals. Hospital in Zvolen helped Oriflame amount of 13,000 euros. Daniela Hantuchova of its charitable relationship does not speak often, but helping others is one of its priorities.

"I own foundation and long-term support project in Cambodia, where I have been HIV positive children," revealed the Bachelorette former player of the world's top ten.

"People should not be selfish as everyone should be able to share with what was granted to him. In life there must be a rule that when you come in the way of happiness and success along with it. Few years ago I felt that Life and tennis gave me so much already, it's time to give back also. I'm glad that through Colorful hospitals can I help where I can see the need to make sense," she said nice sportswoman. Their participation in the project confirmed directly in Zvolen hospital imprint of his palm.

Zvolen children's ward goes to the care of their young patients for almost half a century, every year more than a thousand patients in teenage. With such a high extracting the equipment department quickly destroyed and furniture is often on the verge of its life. New equipment will improve the conditions of health care.

"The early response of patients to lie repeatedly departments were amazing," confirmed our leading sister Elena Malatincová department. "They talked about the optimistic and cheerful colors that have an impact on their psychological well-being, highly praised set up a common room where you can comfortably sit, and play some board games or read a book or magazine. Patients and parents to accompany their children during hospitalization causing a really positive response. "

At the pediatric department of children are taken for acute hospitalization, but also the treatment of chronic diseases. Starting today, there also were added amenities for moms youngest patients who were missing in the existing premises storage capacity and basic equipment. Corridors pediatric ward perked colorful pictures and characters. Daniela the environment, supported, and personally passed.

Talked to the little patients it had promised to give up just as giving up our sportswoman during any tennis duel. "Sure, that at such meetings one will reflect on their role as mothers, when I finish a career, we come to it. I've Always argued that it is my dream house in Tuscany and two kids," she smiled our successful sportswoman.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. October 2013 17:50 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova: S Hingis maligned in Czech!

Most experienced Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova revealed something about debate with tennis legend Martina Hingis, with whom Now he plays doubles.

Martina Hingis is a native of Kosice, but is fluent in English. And can therefore be of Hantuchova speak without use English. Daniela revealed when talking with his good buddy in your native language.

The first time you play showcased in Slovakia, how do you get it?
I am very excited that I will be in front of their own fans, who gives me energy and motivation throughout the year. I also welcome the fact that I play with Martina, which has its roots in Slovakia. It will be a lot of fun.

Bratislava in December will offer great tennis, Tsonga lose, Hingis and Hantuchova
When you've played recently and showcased what was?
Last time I was in Singapore last year in Colombia. I was the last part Federerovho tour and it was abnormal. Also the audience, about 25-thousand people have never seen anywhere. South Americans give to the emotions, but as something we did not expect.

What is your relationship with Martina?
Matches against it gave me a lot. Very much I learned from it. She gave me a lot of incredibly valuable advice. Play with it is an honor for me.

During the matches to communicate in the language?
It is an advantage that it is just before the exchange, we can say the Slovak and Czech and nobody understands us. Martina knows fluent English. When you want to say something in the locker room and defame someone, not least understand us (laughs). On the court, it is easier to speak English, because we are accustomed to both.

On Tennis Classic will also have its own stand, what it will be?
I walked out with my new calendar for 2014 and comes with the first collection of custom t-shirts and silt. If you purchase their fans, the coins will go to charity.
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. October 2013 17:55 

Local Time:
Hantuchova delighted children. Zvolen visited young patients
Young patients in Zvolen visited our successful tennis player Daniela Hantuchova and brought them joy.

Paid day off sick babies. Tennis player Daniela Hantuchova (30) is the third year in face color and hospitals yesterday came to support young patients at children's hospital in Zvolen.

PATIENTS PLEASED

Sick children to face immediately brightened when they visited Daniela. For the reconstruction of the hospital premises has been used thirteen thousand euros and monotonous rooms are small suddenly became fabulously.

"I was fortunate that I was sick even as a little girl and fortune smiled on me even when playing sports. So I redesigned in the hospital like that, I would stay here as a patient. I also am still so great kid," said Daniela.

CHILDREN BOARD HAS

When she came to the children lying in hospital, suddenly appeared vyzdraveli. Tennis player spared neither smiles and revealed that his thirties has often thinks of his future role moms.

"My relationship with the children is very close and growing. I hope one day I have a big family and I want to educate herself without nannies," revealed Daniela, who left the hospital imprint of his hand.
Autor: Plus JEDEN DEŇ/pem
@ google translate

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 75  Next