Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 19. January 2012 18:30 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 10:22
Tennis News

INTERVIEW: Hantuchova, the tennis player who wants to stay real
By Sebastian Fest Jan 19, 2012, 12:18 GMT

Melbourne - She may be known for her tennis skills and her beauty, but Slovak player and occasional model Daniela Hantuchova is more interested in leading a 'normal' life.

Tennis is a 'bubble' in which one can easily lose one's sense of reality, Hantuchova, who returned to university to prepare her exit from that world, told German Press Agency dpa in an interview at the Australian Open.

'It's a really big bubble. Sometimes people forget the reality, but that's the reason I like to have my family and friends with me, to go back home between tournaments and try to stay in the real life for a while,' Hantuchova says.

She also confessed to having made 'mistakes' in the past and confided in being able to follow the example of other successful veterans at the Grand Slams.

The 28-year-old currently ranks 21st in the world, but she was fifth in 2003 and spent a long time in the top 10.

Success came early, coinciding with the separation of her parents. Concern grew in tennis circles over her loss of weight and nervousness at games.

'I've made my mistakes in the past, but as long as I can learn from experience, I think it's good,' she says.

Indian Wells Masters champion in 2002 and 2007, Hantuchova ended a four-year title drought in Pattaya in late 2011.

Her biggest opportunity at the Australian Open came in 2008, when she led the semi-final against Serbia's Ana Ivanovic 6-0, 2-0 but went down in three.

'I feel like that was definitely my chance, I could have won. Hopefully there are many more to come. The stress factor came. If I can put myself in this situation again, I think it might work,' Hantuchova says.

The Slovak feels inspired by players such as Italy's Francesca Schiavone and Chinese Li Na, who made breakthroughs at the age of about 30 years.
'I hope to do the same,' she says.

Hantuchova's career is unusual. She barely won four tournaments, though she has ruled at Grand Slam mixed doubles. Between 2001 and 2005, she conquered Roland Garros, US Open, Australia and Wimbledon.

Top 30 in nine of the last 10 seasons, Hantuchova started the year rising to the final in Brisbane.
However, she does not live only for tennis, but took up management studies.

Tennis 'is just a very short part of my life, and once this is over I will transfer into normal life much easier if I know which the real values are,' she says.

However, tennis and fashion will always be part of the life of Hantuchova, who is also known for her work as a model.

'You never know where life is going to take you after retirement. Maybe sports, but I like fashion as well, so maybe combine both aspects,' she says.

Hantuchova has played 13 consecutive Australia Opens. She still remembers her first flight with her mother, in tourist class. She now flies in business class, but hates going from hotel to hotel.
Her goal for 2012 is to improve her game and to make it more 'aggressive,' but she has little interest in the battles for more money waged by some of her colleagues.

'These kind of things don't make me happy. I love doing what I do, not the money, the points,' she says.
She loves coming back home, she confesses, and taking up an old hobby: playing the piano.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. January 2012 20:22 

Local Time:
Matej Liptak talking about Daniela, the other Slovakian players and the Fed Cup tie against France:

From the old-new season, a personal coach Lukas Lacko Liptak, in 2011, Daniela Hantuchova coach, the current performance Sloveniek stated: "Especially Daniela showed at the beginning of a great season form. I am very happy to be doing it early in the year. I firmly believe that It passed into the match. Dominika during the Australian tour has also acted very solid. Unfortunately, losing close games. If they achieve favorable results, would also benefit from the self-esteem, it may just serve to duel with France. Perhaps the during the week of preparation in the form of our hráčok even better. Actual results Magda and Jana are a little disappointing for me. I believe that is conscientiously to prepare and meet the expectations. No other player will not offer me the results of the nomination as a possibility. Maybe if I had to There our best tennis players, I thought of Janette Husarova in debla, but it was only a hypothesis. I think that, despite a weaker form January Rybarikova Cepelova and the squad are the four players that are there," said former coach Karol Beck and Petra Kvitova Liptak.

"That game three years ago in Limoges was diametrically different. France possessed an entirely different cadres, had it the former world champion Amelie Mauresmo was a big favorite. Nevertheless, we had 2-1, but then we lost two balanced pitch matches. Contributed to Nathalie and the Dechy while she and Mauresmo are then parted. For them it was a nice end of their careers," sighed Liptak, adding, "Now, while your opponent has top toys if we expect the absence of Marion Bartoli. Regardless, we must well prepared. hráčok Young to be the other guests, you never know what the improvements are and where they can move. Cornet, and Razzano, Rezai were previously able to get into the Top 20 In the meantime, have some stagnation, but may arouse for maximum performance. Being in the Fed Cup favorite is not enough."

Liptak noted that the SR team fought last year full of good results, although it ultimately did not succeed twice: "It can be seen as that, especially after the defeat of the April Serb We want udobriť fans. We have not even done everything possible to We meet the audience. Unfortunately, in two high quality matches that eventually we consistently failed. Czechs then won the trophy, Serb was in Bratislava in the strongest composition with two by former world leaders and even though we were very close to victory.'ll try to fix it, if We prepare our fans disappointment. I do not think we would be any trauma that could occur. Perhaps the heads remained rather an experience that should play until the last ball and take every fiftín well, does not allow a score. Tennis is so : and the winner is whoever gets the ball last. If it sometimes looks easy, yet, it does not really even win. We must learn from last year, use this experience in a positive way."
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 31. January 2012 21:02 

Local Time:
Hantuchova continuing with Pistolesi

Last year coached Hantuchova led captain Matej Liptak Sloveniek now confirmed the continuation of cooperation with the Italians Claudio Pistolesi of January after the trial period.

"In Melbourne we sat together with Claudio and we agreed that we will continue to work at other tournaments. Home of the season I went beyond expectations. I forwarded to the finals tournament in Brisbane, in Sydney I was valuable to triumph over Italian Roberta Vinciovou and Francesca Schiavone got to the quarterfinals. I did not expect that the early manifestations of the things we Makalu in winter training. There is still room for improvement, games that can be much better, which is great motivation. Waiting has a long way, I have to be particular patient," to explain Hantuchova.

@ google translate.

Hantuchova will continue with the Italian coach Pistolesi
Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova has decided to continue working with coach Claudio Pistolesi. The Italian coach in December agreed to the first three tournaments of the season, including a new Grand Slam Australian Open.

"In Melbourne we sat together with Claudio and we agreed that we will continue to work at other tournaments. Beginning of the season I went beyond expectations. I refer to the final tournament in Brisbane, in Sydney I was valuable to triumph over Italian Roberta Vinciovou and Francesca Schiavone got to the quarterfinals. I did not expect that so soon felt the things we Makalu in winter training. There is still room for improvement, games that can be much better, which is great motivation. Waiting has a long way, I have to be especially patient," said Hantuchova fedcupovým the upcoming game against France.

After a duel in the Bratislava NTC awaiting Hantuchova defending the title in Thailand Pattaya. "It was tough, I almost collapsed last year, because after fedcupovom match with the Czech Republic I had no rest day and now I had to fly to Asia. I hope I can manage this difficult transition," said Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Tier I Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: WTA Singles Rankings 2012
PostPosted: 14. February 2012 02:29 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. February 2012 19:45 

Local Time:
Hantuchova back in tens? It is not excluded
Daniel Sarga | 15 February 2012 6:00

After the New Year as if it pokropili living water. Daniela Hantuchova will soon be 29 years, but her career has not been decreasing. For six weeks she won fourteen meetings and lost only four times. Average defend title at a tournament in Pattaya, in Brisbane was halted until the finals in Sydney in the quarterfinals and Slovakian two points greatly helped to win the Fed Cup duel with France. What makes it so tennis transformation and what it may signal?

"Daniela is an experienced and mature musician. For many years in professional tennis, it is accumulated experience they can use to your advantage. And since it is physically very well, handles well and end games," said coach Stefan Čižmarovič.

It has led on Hantuchova in teenage and during a successful period in the Fed Cup team when the Slovaks became the overall winner of the 2002 Federation Cup. The then 19-year-old Hantuchova in the lead role. "It was always great professional. Wholly treated the obligations, whether for five years in individual coaching or even three years after the Fed Cup. And I can say that since then nothing has changed. Recently to Frenchwoman could see the whole of Slovakia, what is it fighter, and what plays a big heart," recalls Čižmarovič, who is also co-host a television tennis.

He remembers the period between 2002 and 2003, when Hantuchova hoisted up to the fifth toy in the world, but also how later fell in the ranking and played games to be won. What has changed since then? "Daniela has access to tennis is not as strict as in the past. When was the absolute top, all of it waiting to be still up. This kills it, now you're taking more tennis, more to enjoy it. Already Herself does not put such pressure," says an experienced coach.

Last year, Hantuchova trained Matej Liptak. A person just mentioned the current Fed Cup captain general secretary Igor STZ Mosko as a driver, who started a skilled tennis player to a higher metam. "Daniela worked hard all year under the leadership of Lipták and I think there should just look for the foundations of its present performance. Although it has not continued with Matthias, the trend of cooperation was reflected in excellent performance and results at the beginning of this season," says Mosko. Liptak itself after Fed Cup duel with France stated that Daniel "although sometimes the matches unnecessarily complicated, but to better manage critical situations on the court, and that it helps an enormous fighting spirit and stamina."

Hantuchova this year ever that, despite long-standing problem with the arm of tennis and taking its flavor even more than in the past. "When you are doing and have trained, you are also a greater psychological well-being and rejoice over everything a little more," recalls the old sports Moško truth. "Daniela has always been a technical player, its strengths are in the variability and variety of games and I always felt that all these foreign coaches the greatest variations, which benefited from a young age of 21, slightly less developed. Maybe that is returned how to play when a player of the world's greatest decades, it now moves forward," he says.

Hantuchova is now 20th wall in the world rankings. Is it for real once again attack the position in the world's ten best? Or get the tournament for the best majsteriek Eight hráčok at the end? "I think Daniela really this year is to top ten attacked. Procedure for WTA championship tournament will depend on how it Zadar Grand Slam tournament, because there are double points. Awaits her but her favorite Paris and then even more popular with Wimbledon grass. It certainly is well underway, " predicts Čižmarovič. "Women's tennis is very balanced, it is therefore not excluded them. Defend many points in the spring, so you can still attack the position of the top ten in the world," adds Mosko opinion.
@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. February 2012 19:13 

Local Time:
10 Things You May Not Know About Daniela Hantuchova

By: Elena Scuro

One of the most familiar faces in tennis is 28-year-old Daniela Hantuchova. Since 1999, the Slovakian has traveled around the world with the WTA Tour and is known to be one of the kindest and hardest working players. Get to know a little bit more about her:

1. Defending Champion Finally Defended: Hantuchova has won five WTA titles but it wasn’t until last weekend that she successfully defended a title. She won the Pattaya Open, defeating Maria Kirilenko 6-7, 6-3, 6-3 in the final.

2. Career Mixed Doubles Grand Slam: In 2005, Hantuchova became the fifth female tennis player to win the mixed doubles title in all four Grand Slam tournaments during her career: 2001 Wimbledon (with Leos Friedl), 2002 Australian Open (with Kevin Ullyett), 2005 French Open (with Fabrice Santoro) and 2005 US Open (with Mahesh Bhupathi).

3. She’s multi-lingual: Hantuchova speaks Slovak, German, English and a few Italian words. “With Slovak you can understand some other languages, like Czech, Slovenian, Croatian,” she said. “The first language I learned was actually German, because we're so close to Germany and Austria, so in school that's the first language they teach you in Slovakia.”

4. Tennis Preference: Per her WTA profile, Hantuchova’s favorite surface is grass and her favorite event is Wimbledon.

5. She’s A Foodie: Per her web site, Hantuchova lists her favorite foods as “whatever my mom cooks. When I travel I love Italian - pizza, pasta - I also like sushi and crepes with Nutella!”

6. She’s Been In Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Edition: In 2009, Hantuchova appeared alongside fellow tennis players Maria Kirilenko and Tatiana Golovin in Sports Illustrated’s famed Swimsuit Edition. The pictorial was entitled “Volley of the Dolls.” On being in the magazine, Hantuchova said “It was very, very exciting. I think it is every girl's dream to be part of SI, and it was a fantastic experience.”

7. Dream Boys And Deal Breakers: Hantuchova said her dream guy is “someone who has the best heart, makes me laugh and is the best person inside.” When it comes to deal breakers, she doesn’t like “when the guy is late, speaks only about himself and doesn't open the door for me.”

8. A Young Beethoven: Hantuchova studied classical piano between ages 6 and 14.

9. Italian Influences: Hantuchova has a thing for Italy. Her favorite city is Rome, her favorite movie is Gladiator and her favorite designers include Armani, Cavalli and Missoni.

10. Wiser With Age: At age 28, Hantuchova has said she’s more confident, relaxed, calmer and mentally stronger on court. “I stay focused on my game without worrying about my opponent or doubting myself.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 24. February 2012 18:41 

Local Time:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 12. March 2012 17:24 

Local Time:
Hantuchova: "Olympics is why I play"
09 Mar 2012

There is no question that the hype is building ahead of the Olympic tennis event at London 2012 despite that fact that there are still more than four months to go until the summer showpiece kicks off.
Roger Federer has gone as far as to say “it’s going to be a massive Olympic Games for our generation” and for one player in particular the Swiss’s words ring oh so true.

Daniela Hantuchova, the 28-year-old from Slovak Republic, credits the Olympic Games for her interest in a sport that has seen her rise to fame as well as a career-high singles ranking of No. 5 in the world.

“The first time I watched tennis on TV was when Miloslav Mecir won the gold medal in Seoul in 1988 and that was the reason why I started to play tennis,” she said. “It’s the most special event for me and I don’t think you can ask for more than having the Olympics in Wimbledon.”

Hantuchova’s favourite surface is grass and she has reached the quarterfinals of both the singles and doubles events at the All England Lawn Tennis Club. Being in the final throes of her career, the Slovak knows that this could be her last chance to win an Olympic medal and she is not going to let anything distract her – even with such a lot going on in London come Games-time.

“I go there to perform well so obviously during my event I will be very focused on just tennis,” she explained. “I think it’s going to be awesome and the English public are always great and they always treated me very nicely so I’m really looking forward to playing in front of them.”

Once her event is over Hantuchova revealed she would love to go and watch the swimming and the athletics – her two favourite events – and that she will be keeping an eye out for a chance to meet the world’s fastest man, Usain Bolt.

She will also be supporting her fellow countrymen in their quest for a medal, adding: “We are a very small country with many great athletes so it will be interesting, hopefully I’ll be one of the ones to do well.”

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. March 2012 18:14 

Local Time:
Hantuchova wins Heart Award
22 Mar 2012

The ITF has announced the first four winners of the 2012 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award. Slovak Republic’s Daniela Hantuchova has been recognised in the World Group and World Group II first round category, while the Zone Group I winners are Colombia’s Catalina Castano, China’s Li Na and Sweden’s Sofia Arvidsson. The ties took place in February.

The four Heart Award recipients were decided by a public vote on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es that saw over 10,000 fans make their selection. Ten players were initially shortlisted by a judging panel consisting of ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti and a group of former Fed Cup players and members of the international media. All the winners receive a silver Baccarat bracelet and a cheque to be donated to a chosen charity.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “There were some outstanding performances during the Fed Cup ties in February so I’d like to congratulate Daniela, Sofia, Catalina and Li Na for coming out on top of the public vote. The Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award continues to reward players for the commitment they make to their team and the competition as a whole. I’m sure the four winners will now take great pride in making their donations to charity.”

The Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award is a joint initiative between the ITF and BNP Paribas. It aims to recognise players who have represented their country with distinction, shown exceptional courage on court and demonstrated outstanding commitment to their team. A total of five players will be recognised in 2012.

Daniela Hantuchova has been a Fed Cup stalwart for Slovak Republic for over 10 years and showed she still has the desire to succeed as she extended her overall record in the competition to 31-15 with two singles wins during her team’s 3-2 victory over France in the World Group II first round in Bratislava.

In a marathon match lasting over three hours on the opening day against Pauline Parmentier, the 28-year-old fought back from a set down to grind out a 57 61 97 win. With the Slovaks 2-1 ahead, she then came from a break down against Alize Cornet to close out the tie 63 64.

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 22. March 2012 18:17 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 11:22
Hantuchova wins Heart Award
22 Mar 2012

The ITF has announced the first four winners of the 2012 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award. Slovak Republic’s Daniela Hantuchova has been recognised in the World Group and World Group II first round category, while the Zone Group I winners are Colombia’s Catalina Castano, China’s Li Na and Sweden’s Sofia Arvidsson. The ties took place in February.

The four Heart Award recipients were decided by a public vote on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es that saw over 10,000 fans make their selection. Ten players were initially shortlisted by a judging panel consisting of ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti and a group of former Fed Cup players and members of the international media. All the winners receive a silver Baccarat bracelet and a cheque to be donated to a chosen charity.

ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti said: “There were some outstanding performances during the Fed Cup ties in February so I’d like to congratulate Daniela, Sofia, Catalina and Li Na for coming out on top of the public vote. The Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award continues to reward players for the commitment they make to their team and the competition as a whole. I’m sure the four winners will now take great pride in making their donations to charity.”

The Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Award is a joint initiative between the ITF and BNP Paribas. It aims to recognise players who have represented their country with distinction, shown exceptional courage on court and demonstrated outstanding commitment to their team. A total of five players will be recognised in 2012.

Daniela Hantuchova has been a Fed Cup stalwart for Slovak Republic for over 10 years and showed she still has the desire to succeed as she extended her overall record in the competition to 31-15 with two singles wins during her team’s 3-2 victory over France in the World Group II first round in Bratislava.

In a marathon match lasting over three hours on the opening day against Pauline Parmentier, the 28-year-old fought back from a set down to grind out a 57 61 97 win. With the Slovaks 2-1 ahead, she then came from a break down against Alize Cornet to close out the tie 63 64.

WOW!!! Great!!! Congrats Daniela :mrgreen: :hearts:

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 23. March 2012 18:01 

Local Time:
Clay in Spain? Federation Cup final was easier

Today, 11:37 Red Sports, TASR
MIAMI - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova after winning "hearts" from fans already think of the April relegation to participate in the World Group Fed Cup against Spain. On clay in Marbella wants to 21st and 22 April to help the team captain Mathew Lipták to return to the elite eight.

Hantuchova has pleasant memories of Spain, in November 2002 Maspalomase contributed in a decisive contribution to Slovakia's historic triumph in the prestigious team competition.

"No, I do not want to believe, that have passed since almost ten years. We will be more difficult than in the Canary Islands. Then be played on a hard surface, but now the Spaniard chose clay on which they are at home very strong. To match is already very much looking forward. It's a big challenge to get back into World Group. I hope in time of the match in good form and that of February continues the triumph over France," said Hantuchova after the second procedure round of doubles at the tournament in Miami.

Just for performances in Bratislava duel with a Frenchwoman Hantuchova earned awards Heart Award, decided by fans voting online.

"Profit Fed Cup heart for me is more valuable than tournament trophies. It is decided by the fans, in addition to the Fed Cup, I played for Slovakia. Very much appreciate this award and thank all the fans who gave me a voice," said Hantuchova.
@ google translate

Career Grand Slam
 Post subject: Re: WTA Singles Rankings 2012
PostPosted: 9. April 2012 13:46 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 05:22
Hey, guys, after 40 years of being a women's tennis fan, I do believe I have the rankings system figured out, at least as it applies to Daniela. If we don't count doubles and the upcoming Fed Cup play, if Daniela's 1st round match in Stuttgart is April 24, that will mean that she will have played exactly 4 matches in the last 60 days, losing 3. We all know that she gained zero pts. in the Premier mandatories. At the moment her Feb. 24 match with Georges ended, Dani's rank was #21. Today, she's #19. The conclusion: The less she plays, the more it pays! :shock: Look, it makes just as much sense as the ranking system itself does. And, to us long-standing Daniela Maniacs, it makes perfect sense! So this week, with Daniela not playing, if I figure it right, should Jankovic go down in 1st or 2nd round and Vinci fail to defend the Barcelona title, Dani will be #18! I normally end my posts by saying Let's Go, Daniela. For now, it seems to be better for her if that becomes Let's Rest, Daniela!

Let's Go, Daniela!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 11. April 2012 18:58 

Local Time:
Hantuchova warms price for representing more than trophies

10.4.2012 16:29 Red Sports, SITA

BRATISLAVA - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova nearly a decade ago in Spain contributed significantly to gain trophies Federation Cup representative teams.

Next week, the match in the World Group in 2013 year on clay in Marbella wished to wait for another triumph in the mutual struggle.

"It will be something special. We are returning there in Fed Cup meeting after ten years and it certainly causes a lot of beautiful memories. Hopefully this time we will be successful. But that will be very difficult especially those that are played on clay at Španielok. Home on concrete it would be for another, so chances are very offset," stated Daniela Hantuchova.

Zverenka Pistolesiho Claudia thinks Spaniard will be more difficult nut as in February in Bratislava France in the final first Round II. World Group (3:2 for Slovaks).

"I would say that it will be difficult. In particular, Anabel Medina Garrigues on clay is really very annoying musician. Five years ago I was with her in our last battle while losing in the third round at Roland Garros in three sets," said the player is currently 19th WTA rankings.

"María José Martínez Sánchez, frankly, I recently saw the tournament too, I have not registered its results. It is very experienced, two years ago won the title on clay in Rome. They are all very solid and, in addition to the two young women players based Garbine Muguruzovú-Blanco and Silviu Solerovú-Espinosa. I have not seen them play, but achieving very good results, you must give them attention."

Soon 29-year Poprad native Hantuchova (born April 23, 1983) is very pleased Heart Award from the International Tennis Federation (ITF), which mentioned the duel with the Frenchwoman won the poll between supporters of the Fed Cup site for its approach to representation.

"These awards certainly mean more than any tournament trophy. Because the fans are right for them and this one does everything. I was pleasantly surprised me and revived memories of the meeting - an atmosphere that we have to have it, I have experienced."

Winner of the February events in Thailand Pattaya WTA Hantuchova paid the price for the March U.S. tour on intestinal viraemia, which broke out between the parties to the tournament in Indian Wells, California.

"The coach Claudio Pistolesi was there with me, but the distance has warned that the scene of something spreading. Still, I wondered, that what is happening. I found out during the third set against the Czech Klara Zakopalova. I enjoyed it at the decisive act because me and thanks to the 'kondičky' go, but in this case it can not. I was then six days off. "

Hantuchova at the next event in Miami, Florida, although just managed to enter Kateryne Bondarenko of Ukraine, but not enough to turn Serb Ana Ivanovic.

The former Five renkingu Hantuchova last played competitively 25th March For the second week preparing for the clay phase of the season.

[b]"Health is not very good and the weather does not help, I have to tackle it. Neunáhliť I try to, and so now I have all launched and slowly adapt to the clay. It's different than concrete or grass, comes a little bit difficult for me time. Last year, I think it played well on clay, eight-Paris was great. I was pleasantly surprised, although the results did not correspond to my first game - I poprehrávala with Stosur and Schiavone in the first rounds. But now at least I can reclaim some of the round. It would be something good Uher, since then, I have a lot of grass to defend."

@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 18. April 2012 22:52 

Local Time:
Tennis star Felser students cheer for Daniela Hantuchova
18. April 2012

Rock star / Stuttgart. Also in this year of junior tennis in the Enz at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in the context of the "Players'Cheer up" is represented. The TC could rock star, whose tennis-children in Stuttgart a year ago, the Pole Agnieszka Radwanska accompany the semifinals, this time will have been appointed Daniela Hatuchova from Slovakia.

On Monday, 23 April, on the day that is 29 years old Daniela Hantuchova must, the ten-year-old Felix Aldinger at the evening performance of the players with their run in the Porsche Arena. From the first game on it then applies to his mother, the young director Tanya Aldinger to get together young players to support the Slovakian in Stuttgart. Eight to ten pairs of hands clapping at every performance would wish Tanya Aldinger - all are free.

Daniela Hantuchova arrived in Stuttgart for the excellent cast as number 19 of the tennis world rankings just in the main draw. She is a smart player who ten years ago at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix reached the final. At that time the tournament was held in Filderstadt and not on sand: Daniela Hantuchova succumbed to the same age now retired Belgian Kim Clijsters in three sets.

A few years later, Daniela Hantuchova was suspected to be anorexic, which she denied. At a size of 1.81 meters, she could barely another 50 kilograms. In this connection, Daniela Hantuchova in the interim to cast ambition set on the day to haben.Auch she complained of "envy and jealousy" among the players.

The Stuttgart tournament, they will come this year from Marbella. There it is for them to do with Slovakia about this game away in the Fed Cup against Spain, which will be held Saturday and Sunday (21-22. April), remaining in the World Group. At the same time in the Stuttgart arena there is also a relegation match between Germany and Australia.

Behind the 22-year-old Dominika Cibulkova (No. 17 world ranking), which also occurs in the Fed Cup and then in Stuttgart, Daniela Hantuchova is currently a second-best player from Slovakia. In any case, the star Felser have done with her a good grip. After Radwanska from Poland, who had spent several years as a child in the Westphalian town of Borken, they come again in 2012 with a German player in contact. From the TC Sternenfels already an above average tennis player has emerged: Ms Anna Fuchs is not a pro, but it represents the TC Weissenhof in Stuttgart in the regional league. More tennis and is announcing Tennis Grand Prix in the state capital on Thursday in the sports section of the "Pforzheimer Zeitung". rks

Author: Ralf Kohler
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 20. April 2012 19:35 

Local Time:
Hantuchova and Arvidsson receive Heart Awards
20 Apr 2012

Daniela Hantuchova of Slovak Republic and Sweden’s Sofia Arvidsson were presented with their 2012 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Heart Awards following the draw ceremonies at their Fed Cup play-off ties in Marbella and Boras on Friday.

The first four Heart Award recipients of 2012 were decided by a public vote on FedCup.com and FedCup.com/es that saw over 10,000 fans make their selection. Catalina Castano of Colombia and Li Na of China were the other two winners and will be presented with their awards at a later date. All four players will receive a silver Baccarat bracelet and a cheque to be donated to a chosen charity.

Hantuchova was recognised in the World Group and World Group II first round category, with two singles wins in Slovak Republic’s World Group II first round win over France. She has donated her cheque for $6000 to the children's ward of her hometown hospital in Poprad.

Hantuchova said: “It’s something very special to me. Awards like this mean more than any trophy I have because it’s for the fans and that’s what you play tennis for. Because the match was played in Slovakia, the cheque is going to my home city where I was born in Poprad to the hospital for the kids department.”

Arvidsson won the Heart Award for Europe/Africa Zone Group I after remaining unbeaten in singles and doubles to help Sweden qualify for the World Group II play-offs. She has donated a her cheque for $1000 to the cancer charity Barncancer Fonden.

She said: “It means a lot. One of my first awards and a great honour. I should share it with my team because they made me play well and I had so much fun playing Fed Cup. I really like it.

“The cheque is for research for kids with cancer. After Fed Cup, I had a hitting partner in Memphis and he had to go home because his godson was dying of cancer. He was only four years old and he passed away. I hope this can do some good for them.”

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 75  Next