Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela is player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Tier IV Title Holder
 Post subject: Re: Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 14. December 2011 22:09 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 00:18
Daniela Hantuchova is the 19th most googled female athletes of 2011 !

Profile WWW

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. December 2011 13:35 

Local Time:
|14. May 2024| 23:18
Hantuchova: Christmas Eve? Perhaps you spend on the beach
das | 15 December 2011 6:30

Daniela Hantuchova (28) predsunula the beginning of a new season and voluntarily gave up Christmas in Slovakia. What does this mean? Slovak tennis player yesterday traveled to exotic Singapore, which is from Friday to Sunday held an exhibition tournament, which should not be missed. Directly from there fly to Australia. There, after the New Year will start the new season. By carousel on the main women's tournaments WTA already deployed for the fourteenth time.

"Singapore was the plan for a long time. There is robust competition can help me. On Friday, compete against Italian Pennetta and then we will see. semifinals put directly into better built Ranking players - Polka Radwanska and Australian Stosur," explained Hantuchova before departure to Asia.

Others about your program, said: "They will not return home because they could no sense to fly to Slovakia after a few days and turn back to Australia. More, I would nacestovala than enjoyed it. I admit that was not home at the holidays for me new. Although I had previously prepared in Africa or in Florida, I always at Christmas for a few days, came home. Now it will be different."

Hantuchova acknowledged that this decision is non-native easily. Finally took precedence uninterrupted training in the Australian heat with a new coach Claudio Pistolesi and fitness trainer Mark Wellington. Slovak duo to spend Christmas Eve? "I think it will be somewhere on Australian beach. Gestation we near Brisbane. I will not try to train as much as possible and not think that I will not be home during the holidays," she said.

Pistolesi S has agreed to test the end of January. Here is a more detailed explanation engaging 44-year Italian. "With Claudio is known for many years, has plenty of experience. Coached the world leader Monica Seles. It was one of my criteria, so it was a coach who has to prove something. His style is aggressive, or play with more frequent switching network, which I can only help. A few times we played in the past, but we never netrénovali together. awaits us test period until the end of the Australian Open, and then we'll see. It is not easy for me to find someone to teach me new things and it helps me automatically. This would be tantamount to a miracle. It is clear to me that it's all on me. can coach me to success, ASSISTED.

Hantuchova ended the season on 24 rung of the world rankings. That it should have. Still wants to move higher. "My goals for the new season will not change - I want to get back into the top ten rankings. Otherwise it would all be meaningless for me," said the native Poprad.

Former world top five last season suffered from health problems often - right arm and left foot it did not work to better performance. "With my physiotherapist Iveta Stankova we have worked hard to arm put in order. Succeeded. It's a great feeling when I go to submit and hand pain. As for the heel injury that still feel, but it improves," explained Hantuchova.

Who is Claudio Pistolesi
Štyridsaťštyriročný native of Rome as a tennis player has received the highest to 71 place in the world rankings. In the past, has coached Monica Seles, David Sanguinettiho, Smašnovovú Anna, Mara Santangelo, Takao Suzuki, Simon Bolelliho, Michael Berrer and last Robin Soderling. It is noteworthy that Sanguinettiho in 2000, Bolelliho the 2007 season and the year before Berrer led to triumph in Bratislava Slovak Open challenger.

Who is Mark Wellington
Indigenous English cooperated with Hantuchova five years ago. They met in Bolletieriho academy in Florida and in its own words, a good sit. In the past, conditionally prepared and Maria Sharapova, Victoria Azarenka and Martin Verkerk. In working with athletes at the highest level always places emphasis on avoiding injuries and a password like: less is more. "A lot of tennis players is too busy calendar. They play too much and then there are injuries. She is trying to avoid," said Wellington in the Internet section, Athletes and Coaches at wordpress.com.

google translate.

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. December 2011 16:38 

Local Time:
WTS Singapore: Hantuchova on Friday against Pennetta

15.12.2011 | 11:19 SINGAPORE - Slovakian tennis player Daniela rival Hantuchova match in Friday's quarter finals first wheels for charity events Singapore Women's Tennis Exhibition (December 16 to 18) Flavia Pennetta will be Italian.
SITA informed the organizers under the heading of Team Michezo. Duel on hard surfaces in the hall loosen up Singapore Indoor Stadium at 9.00 am CET. Not before 11.00 am will begin meeting Šuaj Peng (China) - Anabel Medina Garrigues-(Sp). Saturday's semifinals directly to deployed Australian Samantha Stosur and polka Agnieszka Radwanska.

Hantuchova, which - provisionally until the end of January - prepares Italian coach Claudio Pistolesi, on Sunday, SITA said that the to exotic destinations departing on Wednesday evening and plans then it headed for Australia where it was after the New year, the tournament waiting in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne (Australian Open). About your medical condition, said: "The right shoulder three weeks now I have worked three times a day with my physiotherapist and knock on wood - could be great in order, I really very happy. When it remains so, I will be very happy, I do not want to zakríknuť. The left heel still feel, with the bone, it is not much to do. thus sometimes I go through the pain is so fifty fifty. I went to therapy, laser, anything is possible. While playing with it, but she do not know, is there any clear solution. It is hoped that this can be in order."
Poprad 28 year-old native Hantuchova (24th in renkingu) is against Pennetta (20) 2:3 official statistics, it tries to reciprocate for the October defeat of 2:6, 1:6 in Beijing. Ceding the current battle between the best four in Singapore, measured forces with Stosur.
@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 16. December 2011 16:42 

Local Time:
Even though daniela lost today at least the score was a marked improvement compared with the defeat against flavia in beijing!

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. December 2011 17:00 

Local Time:
Tennis: Hantuchova eyes top 10 in 2012
By Patwant Singh | Posted: 19 December 2011 1820 hrs

SINGAPORE: Slovakian tennis star Daniela Hantuchova -- one of the poster girls for the sport who also appeared in a 2009 Sports Illustrated bikini edition -- insists her best days are not over.

The 28-year-old former World Number 5 said she still has top-level tennis left in her.

The 1.81-metre tall beauty, who has been on the Women's Tour for over a decade, was among six players who competed in the Singapore Women's Tennis Exhibition tournament over the weekend.

She lost in the quarter final but said she enjoyed playing here, and is keen to come back.

A pro since 1999, Hantuchova has won all four Grand Slams, in the mixed doubles events.

Her goal is to get back to the top 10, and win an individual Grand Slam title.

But she admits it'll be tough, as the game has changed.

"Ten years ago, I would be in the best shape on the entire tour. These days, everybody is prepared like this so it changes completely," Hantuchova said.

She added many players these days would work out in the gym in between matches -- something which players did not used to do before.

"I think as far as the finesse of the game (is concerned), it was much nicer before because you could see longer rallies and was really about we had more brains and more touch, there was more variety to the game. Now it's about whoever hits it hard."

Hantuchova added she is looking forward to next year's London Olympics, which will be held in Wimbledon, as grass is her favourite surface.

- CNA/wk
+ link to video with Singapore highlights and short interview.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 19. December 2011 17:11 

Local Time:
Two-Time BNP Paribas Open Champ: Daniela Hantuchova
Posted on December 9, 2011 by BNP Paribas Open
In 2002, Daniela Hantuchova fought past four higher-ranked opponents to capture the BNP Paribas Open Women’s Singles Championship. She repeated that task in 2007, defeating Grand Slam Champions Martina Hingis and Svetlana Kuznetsova to win the title as the 18th seed. Previously ranked as high as No. 5 in the world, the Slovakian has been a constant threat on the WTA Tour since turning pro in 1999. We were able to catch up with Daniela to hear what she has to say about The BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

What do you think sets the BNP Paribas Open apart from other tournaments?

The place, it’s so relaxing and has amazing nature and scenery around it. I always enjoy coming back ever since I first went there, there are so many memories. Because I won there two times, it’s a very special place for me.

Indian Wells is overflowing with activities and attractions, what do you like to do on your downtime when you are there for the BNP Paribas Open?

It’s a great place for golfing, obviously, so whenever I have a chance, I’m on the golf course. I like to get up and practice (tennis) in the early morning so by the time the afternoon comes, I’m ready to play a few holes. It’s always nice.

What is your favorite memory at the BNP Paribas Open? Winning one of your titles perhaps?

It’s really hard to pick which one was more enjoyable… But I think I’ll pick the second time. It was obviously much harder to do it again and playing the way I did in the finals against Sveta (Svetlana Kuznetsova) was very special.

If you could choose any song to play over the loudspeakers to get you pumped up as you walk on Stadium Court in front of 16,000 energized fans at the BNP Paribas Open, which one would you choose and why?

It would be the song of the year when I won, which was Beyonce’s Irreplaceable.

Quick Takes:

- Favorite Band: U2

- Favorite Sports Team: A.S. Roma

- Best friend on the WTA Tour: My doubles partner, Agnieszka Radwanska.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. December 2011 00:18 

Local Time:
Hantuchova chases an Olympic dream
by Philip Goh Haw Hann 04:45 AM Dec 20, 2011

SINGAPORE - It was at the 1988 Seoul Olympics when tennis made a return as a full medal sport and Miroslav Mecir of what was then Czechoslovakia won the men's singles gold medal.

Despite being one of the best players of his generation, Mecir never managed to win a Grand Slam singles title. But his Olympic triumph alone would serve as inspiration for a little girl from his own country.

Forward to 2011, and Daniela Hantuchova's tennis career uncannily mirrors that of Mecir's. Once ranked as high as fifth in the world, the Slovak has yet to win a Grand Slam singles title after 13 years on the WTA Tour.

But unlike US Open champion Samantha Stosur, who told Today last week that she values winning the Australian Open more than the Olympics, Hantuchova is gunning for glory at the quadrennial games.

"The Olympics is the very reason why I started to play tennis," said Hantuchova yesterday during a visit to the VivoCity store of her sponsor, adidas.

"I was five years old when I saw Mecir winning the gold medal, and it was the first time I saw tennis on TV. I asked my parents to buy me a tennis racket so that one day I, too, can play at the Olympics."

Hantuchova, currently ranked 24th, will be 29 when she takes to Wimbledon next July for the Olympics. It will be her third and possibly final attempt at winning an Olympic medal, having failed to get past the second round in her previous two attempts (Beijing 2008 and Athens 2004).

Even though Hantuchova crashed out against eventual winner Flavia Pennetta in the Singapore Women's Tennis Exhibition's first round last week, she is still optimistic about her Olympic chances as it will be played on her favourite grass surface.

When asked what sport she would want her children to play, no one in the press conference was sure if she was joking when she replied: "Definitely not tennis!"

After explaining that she will ultimately be supportive of her childrens' choices of sport, Hantuchova quipped: "I think I would prefer if they play golf, at least I get to play also!

"It's my favourite sport, and it's always nice to get out there and play at least nine holes after a really hard day of tennis training."

Despite not having a handicap, Hantuchova has achieved one of golf's rarest feats - a hole-in-one, and that will be something the Slovak hopes to emulate in her search for Olympic gold and a perfect ending to her tennis career.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 20. December 2011 23:56 

Local Time:
No Xmas with family this year for Hantuchova
Date:20/12/2011 Journalist:CHIA HAN KEONG

Before the adidas retail store at VivoCity opened to the public yesterday morning, it let in a leggy Slovakian beauty to do a bit of Christmas shopping.

Such were the perks of being a famous tennis professional player like Daniela Hantuchova, but the 14-year veteran has her own reasons to do her shopping far away from her Slovakian home.

In fact, this will be the first time in many years that the 28-year-old will be spending the Christmas holidays away from family and home, as she started her pre-season preparations for next year earlier than usual.

"I had four weeks of pre-season training, then came here for (last weekend's) Singapore Women's Tennis Exhibition," she said. "Since my next destination is Australia, I might as well keep going and not go back home. It's a little sad because I've always loved the time I spent with my family back home. But I hope that the preparations will be worth it next season."

With the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam event of the season, happening next month, women's tennis pros have precious little time to rest after their long season ended last month.

Hantuchova, who has never been one of the big hitters of the game, has had to do plenty of physical training for the past month to keep up with the rest of the top players.

"If I did the same kind of pre-season training five years ago, I would have been the fittest pro then," she said. "Now I'm just one of the many players who are super-fit.

"In a way, I miss the old days when tennis is more about the player's touch and court vision. Now it's all about power tennis, see who can hit the hardest.

"But I can't stop the development, so I have to keep up."

Hantuchova echoed calls by the men's players, such as Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray, to shorten the gruelling tennis season, saying that players can better avoid injuries and can thus prolong their careers.

She said: "We do have perhaps the longest season in all sports from January to November. For the guys, it is until early December. And the one-month break they get, they'll rest for only a week or two before getting in pre-season to be fit enough for the next long season.

"A few weeks of rest in between the seasons will definitely help. Players like Roger Federer can afford to take such breaks, and have benefited from them. I think every pro should be entitled to such rests too."

Despite the lengthy tennis season, Hantuchova still finds time for other interests, particularly in fashion, which she is keen to pursue after her tennis career ends.

She is also involved in her own charity work, Daniela's House of Family, which provides housing, social care and medical treatment to HIV/Aids orphans and family members in Cambodia.

Still, tennis remains her top priority, and next year offers her a chance to win a highly coveted prize: the Olympic gold.

"It is by far the competition I want to win most next year," she said. "It will be played at Wimbledon, on my favourite grass surface. It would be a dream come true to win it and hear my national anthem being played."

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 21. December 2011 02:41 

Local Time:
Under what circumstances should Daniela Hantuchova had lured to erotica?
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 | Category MIMO DVORCE

Before leaving the southern hemisphere nice tennis player managed to reveal the reasons for which would have been willing to undress completely naked before the camera lens.

She said getting such offers about 75%. While all refused, but follows the motto: Never say never. This means that it is open to such offers, but only for the purpose of charity! Again emphasizes that the first tennis player and wants to be well behaved. Does the fact that some players forget why play tennis.

Well, hopefully in the near future glimpse bold Daniela's photo

@google translate

:shock: :?

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. December 2011 17:12 

Local Time:
Hantuchova shot by erotic just for charity
12/14/2011 00:00, Tennis

Daniela Hantuchova will fly to Singapore today, next year wants to be in the Top Ten

Daniela Hantuchova in the promotion of your calendar. PHOTO DUŠAN KOUTNY

Year-old Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova (24th in the world) is the thirteenth consecutive year career. Today, fly to the southern hemisphere, where played first showcased in Singapore and then moved to Australia in the final part of preparation for the new season. Before traveling went to the famous shopping center in Bratislava, signed the order's own charity calendar for 2012.

What do you mean for charities?

"They give me great motivation to toil even harder on themselves, so I could help as many people in the world. It gives me the satisfaction I have in my life and I am so lucky to share it with others."

What you should feel shooting this calendar?

"Great feeling. Thanks to the excellent team around me it was more fun than work. Everything is shot in Monaco and its surroundings. Monaco is also photogenic that I would not not have to figure shots. Since in addition, I pursued the train, it was one of the shooting, in which I did not make."

How mimotenisových activities will undergo a season?

"Hard to say number, not counting them. I try not to move their tennis for a period of training or mini period when I'm not in tournaments. "

And how many such events per year decline?

"Juj, awful lot. Approximately seventy percent. "

Are you a graceful tennis player on the professional circuit. They also receive offers to shoot erotic calendars. This also applies to you?

"This is the seventy per cent, which I reject. Max, what I gave speak, was a photo shoot for Sports Illustrated. I took it as a tribute to not refuse. All images were, however, the standards in a swimsuit. It was cool. Furthermore, I probably would not go."

Never?

"They say, although, never say never, but I prefer when writing about my tennis and it is promoted, than anything else."

A post-career?

"As I say, never say never. It depends on the shooting. If photos are tastefully done, why not? But again, now I tennis player. Some players are trying many things until I get the feeling that we forget where we come from and why we are also known. Our other activities with tennis should never be beat."

What would have to offer erotic photography meet to give you speak?

"Say, if followed charitable purpose. It would however be something really interesting, so I knew my picture to help. If it was done tastefully and be charitable sense, so maybe so. Otherwise, definitely not."

The amount of fee would cover your decision played a role?

"No, certainly not."

Let us turn list. To characterize its last season?

"It was okay. If I went to three or four more matches could be really good. Although I beat the best players on my position in the world rankings it hardly showed. Too bad I did not win in eight Roland Garros over Kuznetsova, because there I played great. I was a success and the grass of the season, no less concrete. Certainly I have more."

If you could go back a moment from this year, which would it be?

"I would certainly oželela problem with the Achilles tendon. Affected me in the beginning when I rozbiehala. Prepared me for a month or two. And then the U.S. Open."

There is one-one match that you particularly regret?

"After the season to get used all the head erase, so now I have hardly been fishing in mind. Each play, however, sorry. And the longer one plays, the more so because they experience should be able to avoid some mistakes. Now, however, look only forward."

What do you value most in yourself this year?

"Perseverance. So many years I have on the circuit, and tennis is still greatly loved. Tennis does not interfere with my life at all, still enjoy it."

How many days rest you dožičili the season?

"Just eight. For problems with the arm I had to immediately begin rehabilitation."

You were somewhere on vacation?

"In Monaco. Then I started working with a physiotherapist."

As you are now on the disabled?

"Fifth is fine for about seventy percent, but the arm is good. Me very happy. The physiotherapist we did a month of hard work paid off. A week ago I started training with the service. I know that take time to get into it again, but I am glad that I have ever felt that we move the hands and nothing hurts me."

Do you have a new coach. Why Italian Pistolesi?

"With Claudio to know over the years. He has vast experience working with world number one Seles. I like the whole sees as tennis, how to play aggressive, go to the network. That's probably what I'm looking now. We agreed to test the end of January. Then we'll see."

It's not too short a time to test the cross?

"For a month we can oťukať. If we both work and identified with the impression that we are in the right direction, or worse results are unaffected."

Why did you actually end up working with Mathias Lipták?

"We have agreed to one year. In some cases we disagree, we had other ideas, and we both concluded that it is better to not go up further along. We parted, however, totally cool, we both identified themselves with it. It was a wise decision. Mato really helped me, gave me a lot and I am grateful to him what I learned."

In what consisted the contradictions?

"It is difficult to specify, the more things. They are just different opinions."

What is your goal for next year?

"Top Ten."

You said it definitely ...

"When makám four times a day, so I have a strong position."

Do you feel the Top Ten?

"If I felt, I would untrained every day."

What needs to get to the top ten?

"Work hard, aggressive game, can be mentally on it even better than before. I really enjoy the experience and can be more positive. Do you still believe that it is. What do you think I am, but to transfer this feeling to the match."

How many weeks of preparation for the new season is now behind you and many before him?

"Behind him, three or two ahead. I will now train in Australia, in the heat. While I regret that I will not be home for Christmas, on the other hand I want training was wholly and before the tournament that I was well acclimatized."

How will you celebrate Christmas in summer in Australia?

"Probably on the beach. Since Christmas, during the period of my training is probably better to toil and to think about Christmas. For then man sorry."

Where you start your tournament roundabout 2012?

"In Brisbane."

Hantuchova in 2011

PLUS

- Beating the February TOURNAMENT IN PATTAYA

- Results during the clay and grass PART SEASON

- A shift in world rankings

MINUS

- Drove HEALTH PROBLEMS

- End of season

- Play first Round at the Australian Open and U.S. Open

ROMAN RISA

@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. December 2011 17:19 

Local Time:
Hantuchova celebrates Christmas on Australian beach
22.12.2011 10:50:00
Bratislava (TASR) - Daniela Hantuchova For this Christmas will be bizarre, to celebrate them is an Australian beach. Slovak tennis player has decided to submit all the preparations for the new season after a charity tournament in Singapore headed straight to the 'Down Under.'

"It is definitely a little weird 'Christmas' in warm on the beach, but it was the best solution. In Australia we will have enough time for me to be well acclimatized and prepared for the first tournament in the new year. When a man maka and thinks to so often that, during the Christmas holidays can be with my family," said Hantuchova, who will start in 2012 in Brisbane under the guidance of Italian coach Claudio Pistoiesiho.

The new season Hantuchova wants to return to the elite of the world and dozens of press for the participation at the World Championships WTA Tour in Istanbul. "I believe that cooperation with Claudia to help me get in the world rankings on the walls above. If you want to return to the top, I have to themselves to work hard, play more aggressive, be mentally resilient and more positive and more use of their experience."

London Olympics is a big attraction for Hantuchova. "Grass is my favorite surface, in addition to the Olympic program will be part of the first mixed doubles. In the mix I won titles at all four Grand Slam tournaments. It would be great if I managed to succeed at the Olympics and bring take home a medal."
@ google translate.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 29. December 2011 20:18 

Local Time:
Slovak serves up Olympic hopes
Sean Baumgart
December 29, 2011 - 5:39PM

Daniela Hantuchova will likely have her last chance to realise her Olympic dream next year, and she's hoping a solid outing at next week's Brisbane International will spring her onto the podium in London.

The Slovakian has harboured her golden ambition since, as a five-year-old, she watched Miroslav Mecir win gold for Czechoslovakia in Seoul in 1988.

Now she wants to leave her own mark on Olympic history and, at 28, London 2012 could be her last chance in a sport in which fortune favours the young.

After withdrawing from the 2011 Brisbane International due to an Achilles injury, Hantuchova is keen to get the 2012 season off to a flying start on her fourth trip to Tennyson.

“It was really frustrating last season,” she said today.

“I had a really great pre-season and with the injuries I just couldn't perform at all. It all came together after that, I won Pattaya (in Thailand) and started to play really well. From there onwards it was a good year.”

“This year I'm more ready and I have a lot to prove to myself. I hope to get a good start to the year. But even if that doesn't happen here, hopefully it happens somewhere else. I know I trained hard and practiced well.”

But the former world number five knows she won't have it all her own way next week.

Organisers have assembled the strongest field the Brisbane International has seen, with former world number ones Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic joining this year's finalist Andrea Petkovic in the draw.

But the woman everyone has an eye on is local hope Samantha Stosur, who will be looking to add more silverware to a shelf that includes a U.S. Open trophy.

“She's one of the favourites in any tournament she plays,” said Hantuchova.

“Playing at home is going to be a huge help for her as well. I was very happy to see how she did at the U.S. Open. She played one of the best matches I've ever seen.”

Tennis glamour Daniela Hantuchova ready for Brisbane International
by: Valkerie Baynes From: The Courier-Mail December 29, 2011 4:33p

TENNIS glamour girl Daniela Hantuchova braved the silly season sales today, popping into the Brisbane boutique of Australian fashion designer Leona Edmiston.

The part-time model and clothing design enthusiast looked stunning as she tried on a simple black evening dress with silver shoulder detail and towering strappy gold heels.

Hantuchova's visit to the store was welcome relief from a gruelling on-court schedule as she prepares for the Brisbane International, starting on Sunday.

"It's great to get away from the practice and all the training I've been doing the last few weeks and try on some nice clothes," the Slovak beauty said.

Daniela Hantuchova glams it up in Brisbane

"Hopefully I'll have some more time to come back and do some proper shopping."

Ranked 24th in the world, Hantuchova is a regular visitor to Brisbane, having played the Australian Open warm-up event in its inaugural year in 2009 and in 2010.

She had to abandon last year's tournament when she injured her achilles tendon on the eve of her first-round match.

The 28-year-old also played the corresponding event on the Gold Coast in 2002.

"It's really exciting to be back," she said.

"We arrived a week ago and we've been up to Noosa for a couple of days. We had Christmas there and now I'm ready to get the year started and I'm all healthy so it's a good sign. I can't wait to be on the court."

Hantuchova sizes up Brisbane
Amy Price Thursday 29 December 2011 Be the first to comment »

Update 7:00 pm. Falling just two spots outside seedings for the 2012 main draw, Daniela Hantuchova faces a tough season opener.

With the tournament upgraded to a WTA premier event this year, the main draw is stacked with an impressive eight of the top 20 women and Hantuchova—currently ranked 24 on the WTA tour—could face a first-round clash with any one of them.

But awaiting the main draw announcement on Saturday, the popular and glamorous Slovak took some time out of her preparation to indulge her fashion eye in Brisbane’s Queen Street Mall.

> Check out some photos of Daniela’s trip to Leona Edmiston

Injury derailed her 2011 campaign—a partial tear to her left achilles tendon forcing her to withdraw from the tournament before her scheduled first-round match—but the former world No.5 returned to Brisbane this week for the fourth consecutive year to prepare for the Australian Open.

Despite listing her favourite surface as grass, Hantuchova’s best Grand Slam result is a semifinal at the Australian in 2008, and after her injury woes and first-round loss in last year’s tournament, she has the opportunity for a lucrative Australian summer of tennis.

But pushing tennis aside, Hantuchova stepped inside the boutique of leading Australian fashion designer Leona Edmiston to try on some of the new season Australian designs.

“It’s great to get away from the practice and all the training I’ve been doing the last few weeks and try on some nice clothes,” Hantuchova said.

As one of the game’s most photographed players, Hantuchova has graced the pages of fashion royalty, Italian Vogue and Sports Illustrated. So, it came as no surprise that the slender Slovak at 181 cm looked entirely the part in front of the cameras, draped by a classic little black dress and sporting a stunning pair of gold platform heels.

The 28-year-old has experienced a lot of international fashion— listing her favourite designers as Armani, Cavalli, Dior, and Missoni—but after being presented with a special gift by the sales assistants, it looks like she may add Leona Edmiston to the list.

“Hopefully I’ll have some more time to come back and do proper shopping,” she laughed before asking about stores in Sydney and Melbourne.

Despite her injury in last year’s tournament, Hantuchova returns as a loyal ambassador for the Brisbane International, citing it as the best preparation for the Australian Open—this year’s upgrade making it all the more enticing.

“It’s very exciting for the players and for the fans because there are so many great players to follow and it’s a good opportunity to start the year well,” she said.

“Playing here the facilities are so great and I think all the players couldn’t ask for better preparation.”

The upcoming year holds special significance for Hantuchova, whose face brightened at the mention of the Olympics—the event that sparked her tennis career.

“When I was five years old I saw Miloslav Mečíř win in Seoul in 1988 the gold medal for my country, and that’s when I started to play tennis, so obviously it’s going to be a very special year for me,” she said.

Her anticipation for the year ahead leaves her even more determined for a good result in Brisbane, but the mature Slovak is keeping a firm head on her shoulders as she prepares to reclaim a spot in the illustrious top 10.

“I’m here this year even more ready with a lot to prove to myself and I hope to get a good start to the year. But, even if that doesn’t happen I know I trained hard and practised well, and if it doesn’t happen here hopefully it’ll happen somewhere else,” she said.

When asked who she will play in the final, the ever modest Hantuchova—still sporting head-to-toe Leona Edmiston—politely laughed it off.

“First I have to get there, but thanks for the question,” she laughed. “Once I’m in the finals I really don’t care who I play.”

ITF Player
PostPosted: 6. January 2012 06:19 

Local Time:
|15. May 2024| 07:18

Referenz Daniela Hantuchova
Dani talked about her treatment in München.

Tier I Title Holder
PostPosted: 14. January 2012 00:39 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchova before the Australian Open: Tennis I enjoy
13th January 2012

MELBOURNE 13th (AFP) - Slovak tennis player Daniela Hantuchova, including a qualifying attempt of the season 2000 for the 13 once the initial play the Australian Open in Melbourne (January 16 to 29).

In the first invite her round one of qualifier , the third the paper-round battle with sketches Belgian Kim Clijsters title of advocate. "It was the first Grand Slam of the year looking forward. played very well. I enjoy tennis again, I really enjoy," stated Daniela Hantuchova after losing in the quarter finals in Sydney adept at post unit world ranking of the Czech Republic Petra Kvitova and added: "It is important to recover in a few days, gather strength and then get back into a good rhythm, to be ready from the first round. The fact that I had during the first two weeks of good results, now nothing . I must be 'ready' to fight in every game of every fiftín, give it all. It may not itself come under pressure should not take the ball for the ball. " trainer Daniela Hantuchova Pistolesi leads to aggressive play Hantuchova in December, worked in collaboration with Italian coach Claudio Pistolesi.

To Sydney, where a Grand Slam champion disposed Francesca Schiavone of Italy, arrived in Brisbane as a finalist: "I take each match as an opportunity to attempt what we set out. Claudio leads me to play aggressive, frequent switching network. With Francesca's was great, the dots I did. The coach has a lot of experience, seeing where the tennis is taking. Moreover, it creates comfort. The preparation was difficult, but we had fun also. Tennis I enjoy - even the training. "

Five former world ranking Hantuchova during the winter break repeatedly identified as its goal to return to Top 10 Already she could move on 24 to 21 the place. In the first renkingu twenties was the last time in November 2008. "I think by what I have so far this season showing off in some matches, I belong in the Top 20. I have much higher ambitions. But certainly will not be in Melbourne track count and ranking points. After so many years has this kind of thing really does not solve" said D. Hantuchova,

Australian Open semifinalist in the 2008th year-old native Poprad last year remained in the capital Victoria was already in the first Russian rocket round at Regina Kulikovovej when its entire January marked the Achilles tendon injury. To its present state of health, said: "As far as the shoulders, it's great. Physiotherapist with Iveta Stankova we did a really cool robot, throughout the winter, we do pay. Before I was a little Brisbane ankle sprain and did not know as to how I but could well be in order. Heel is still not good: the days when I feel it more, sometimes less. I have to accept it and go through the pain, because now it is not much to do, "sighed D. Hantuchova. opponent Karol Beck in the first round men's singles became Frenchman Julien Benneteau.

@google translate

Grand Slam Champion
PostPosted: 18. January 2012 19:12 

Local Time:
from Australian Open website

Hantuchova forced to fight hard

Crowd favourite Daniela Hantuchova moved into the third round of the Australian Open women’s singles championship with a hard-fought win on Wednesday.

The no. 21 seed needed two hours and 29 minutes to put away Ukrainian Lesia Tsurenko on Margaret Court Arena, prevailing 4-6 6-4 6-3.

“I’m just really glad to get through,” Hantuchova said.

“I don’t think I played my best tennis at all, but it is always important to find a way to win when you’re not feeling great. I was pleased with the way I kept fighting. I started to do a little better in the third set but obviously I would have loved to play much better today.”

Hantuchova, seeded for an 11th consecutive year at the tournament, started slowly. Tsurenko secured an early break, helped by four unforced errors and two unsuccessful challenges from Hantuchova in the opening game. Hantuchova, with some powerful hitting off both wings, broke back immediately.

Both players were struggling on serve. It took until the seventh game for either player to hold, with Hantuchova eventually put a stop to the streak of breaks to move in front, 4-3. From there the set belonged to Tsurenko, who won the next three games to take the set 6-4.

Tsurenko broke in the first game of the second set, leaving Hantuchova on the back foot. Hantuchova kept fighting, mixing up her game to move Tsurenko around the court to secure the break back in the next game.

In a fashion similar to the first set, neither player could hold serve early. Unforced errors continued to flow off the racquet of Hantuchova and frustration grew for the Slovakian. Like the first set, it was Hantuchova who was first to hold serve, doing so in the seventh game. But this time Hantuchova made it count, breaking Tsurenko in the next game to take a 5-3 lead. Hantuchova had two set points in the ninth game, but Tsurenko saved both and broke. The Ukrainian’s struggle on serve continued, allowing Hantuchova to break and take the set 6-4.

Tsurenko broke in the opening game of the third set, but Hantuchova showed experience and composure to fight back and win the next four games. Unforced errors were hurting Tsurenko, who was treated for blisters on her hand during a change of end mid-way through the final set.

In the end Hantuchova had too much class. She served out the third set 6-3, sealing a place in the third round with a backhand passing shot winner.

Hantuchova now meets defending champion and no. 11 seed Kim Clijsters. The pair met in the semi-finals in Brisbane earlier this month, where Clijsters was forced to retire with a hip injury while ahead 7-6(4) 1-3.

“I’m really looking forward to the match,” Hantuchova said.

“I’ve got nothing to lose. She is the favourite and the champion and I really have so much respect for her game.

“There is so much history between us. We grew up together and know each other’s games so well. I know I’ll have my chances if I play well. To play against a player like her I’ll have to raise my level and I’m ready to do that.”

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 75  Next