Daniela's podcast "The Real DNA" is available on Spotify & Apple Podcasts        Daniela will be player/media relationship representative and ambassador at the Madrid Open   

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 75  Next
Author Enter your Message here

Golden Slam
 Post subject: Re: News, Articles & Interviews
PostPosted: 5. April 2018 17:44 

Local Time:
|28. March 2024| 11:28
CSOB Bratislava Marathon sold out! Hantuchova: I look forward to when it started
today, 14:00

BRATISLAVA - The 13th annual running events ČSOB Bratislava marathon is sold out. Inform the organizers at Thursday's press conference in front of an attractive event to be held in the capital this weekend.

"For us, most positive news is that currently we have logged 11,500 participants what capacity limits we set for this year are met. We can still sign up for the senior run the length of 4.2 km, where we will add our application partners. I suppose that in the event were involved in 12,000 people, " he informed the director of the 13th ČSOB Bratislava marathon Jozef Pukalovič. "The marathon is logged 1,203 runners, which gives the presumption that humility limit thousand dobehnuvších marathoners, which has always been our historic goal. Polmaratóncov 3333, and here it looks like we might humble frontier three thousand runners. In various other disciplines. including children's runs, we have logged 6,500 participants. of the total number of participants was 1919 foreign and 4804 in Bratislava, " said J. Pukalovič.

Organizers decided some time ago that they do not focus on the performances of elite African runners. That's why last year won the marathon time of 2:29:44 h Joseph Urban (ie packaging service Košice), becoming the first ever Slovak winner of the event. Marathon women won the 2017 Czech Michaela Mertová time of 2:51:49 hours. One of this year's favored Slovaks Tibor Sahajda (Bratislava Marathon Sports Club), last year with the best time of 2:18:44 h for International Peace Marathon in Kosice. "Since the marathon in Bratislava expect improvement in their personal time. For me to be the best in Slovakia is not sufficient motivation. I always focus on the times that are important to racing in the world," said T. Sahajda the accompanying magazine events.

Ambassador of the event is tennis player Daniek Hantuchova, which along with the obligations of this function should run well in one of the cross-country disciplines. "I very much look forward when it started. I appreciate that I can be part of such an event. Never before at this time I had the opportunity to be in Slovakia, I always played at a tournament. I wonder especially for children's activities, I look forward to atmosphere. I wanted to run a competition, but will not do so, I have after the surgery arm. " Hantuchova but nevertheless will be run: "I join at the end of a relay race, in which they will be people with different diseases. Where it is not important at what time and how much a person has run, but it is important that ran and fought for their health. "

The main program of Sunday, April 8, 2018
- ČSOB Bratislava marathon (42.195 km), start at 10.00 h.
- Mercedes Benz Half marathon (21.098 km)
- Johnson Controls relay half marathon (21.098 km)
- ADIENNE relay marathon (42.195 km)

@ google translate

Daniela Hantuchova is right about everything.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. April 2018 19:02 

Local Time:
Hantuchova began to dream his dream of tennis under the Tatras
Although lives in Monaco, but has not forgotten its roots.

14 Apr 2018 at 0:00 MONIKA ALMÁŠIOVÁ

Easterners are proud that tennis player Daniela Hantuchova is one of them.

Charismatic native of Poprad indeed lives in Monaco, but has not forgotten its roots.

Fervent relationship with his hometown Daniela Hantuchova and makes no secret of the big lokálpatriotka:

"I am proud that I come from Slovakia and my birthplace is the town of Poprad. In Slovakia, we have a lot of smart, hardworking and successful people. If we deal with things that make us all better together, we move forward, we should appreciate every big or small achievement that we can and sincerely look forward to the north. "

Signature of star

On courts he brought Hantuchova her late grandmother Helena, and even as a child used to play the piano, and finally decided to pay a professional tennis.

As his greatest inspiration indicates Milos Mecir.

"Very well I remember it. In 1988, when he won the Olympics, I was 5 years old, and so strongly impressed on me that I immediately asked parents to me bought a racket that I, too, could one day go to the Olympics. And then one of the other, those memorable days was to Slovan, when Miloš trained and I was here with daddy. I was terribly embarrassed to go after signature, so I asked for him dad, " she adds with a smile at the memory of his tennis beginnings.

No family would be packed ago

Pharmacist mother, father, a professor of computer science at university and five years older brother with time willingly or unwillingly had to adapt to a tournament and training.

"For a sport I had to sacrifice everything and when we say everything, so it's working 7 days a week, 365 days a year. It's okay, I myself chose this, no one has to not push it, but what you people do not realize is how much sacrifice must undergo the whole family, because everything revolves only around you ... Without their support I would have ended long ago . I am grateful to them for everything. "

Relatives often accompanied her to tournaments and although they do not live "across the street" still are regularly in contact.

Even the basics on how to be heard over the phone.

The most beautiful sport

Daniela active career ended six months ago. All pointed out that hoc no longer be to play professional tennis, definitely out of this world definitely not going to download.

"Tennis is in my opinion the most beautiful sport," unhesitatingly declares and confirms that it has been over the years from one day to simply swipe impossible.

Despite such ardent love of the rocket as a native of Poprad can confidently move on the slope.

"Skiing is actually the only sport that I do more than tennis. Daddy racing skied, so I stood on skis already in its three years. Childhood I have fond memories. Nowhere in the world do not feel like in Poprad and the High Tatras. Family tie me there will always be committed, " she revealed in an interview Hantuchova.

Inspiration

Although today Daniela Hantuchova live in Monaco to Slovakia is trying to come back regularly. It supports a number of charitable projects.

As for her they were once inspired tennis star, now she is an inspiration to the succeeding generation.

Getting into the best world tennis majors will fail everyone.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 9. May 2018 14:59 

Local Time:
Slovak hockey players will have a Danish energy bars from Daniela Hantuchova

BRATISLAVA April 27, 2018 (WBN / PR) - Expedition Slovak national ice hockey team at the World Championships in Denmark takes away a package of healthy energy bars from D-One by Daniela Hantuchova. They agreed to President SZĽH Martin Kohut and Daniela Hantuchova. D-One sticks contain ingredients that during peak sporting careers used to maintain power just Daniel. Despite the fact that currently rehabilitating after surgery arm, formerly the world's top tennis player does not rule out coming to Copenhagen our representation and personally cheer.

"All my life I lived sport and always will support Slovak athletes. I know the guys it will not be easy in Denmark, but I believe they will fight and I hope it will help the energy of rod D-One. I guarantee that they are healthy and supply energy in a natural way, " said Daniela Hantuchova, adding that most likely will come to see a match Slovakia: Russia May 14 in Copenhagen. "I hope this time I can only organize it possible" said Daniela.

"Our hockey players will surely support from Daniela Hantuchova, which is one of the most successful Slovak athletes at all happy. A sticks come in handy - energy is never enough, and when will it adds charming sportswoman, plus it's extra, " said President SZĽH Martin Kohut, adding that hockey expedition believes that Daniela will welcome indeed to Copenhagen. According to the Rooster will match against Russia certainly one of the most difficult, what our expedition waiting and any aid will meet.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 15. May 2018 16:43 

Local Time:
Vera Zvonareva: Hantuchova has always been a fighter
May 15, 2018

You are however in the last decade to meet the court among Sloveniek often especially with Daniela Hantuchova, right?

Yes. And I must say that it was difficult game, because Daniela was always a fighter. Not address unimportant things around - eg. or just the wind is blowing or the sun sharp shooting. She tried to just get each subsequent Shaman and beat you. So in advance, I knew that I had to submit it good and concentrated performance.

vera Zvonareva talking about Daniela, rest of the interview is here:
@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 13. June 2018 17:31 

Local Time:
Daniela's doing more punditry, this time with Amazon.

Amazon launches its assault on sport coverage with tennis at Queen’s

• Fever-Tree Championships screened on Amazon Prime Video
• US Open, ATP Tour and Premier League will also be shown

Sky’s decision to walk away from tennis next summer, after several years covering everything from the salad days of Tim Henman to the rise of Andy Murray, has left a gap in the market which Amazon Prime Video promised on Wednesday to fill by chasing a younger audience brought up in the live-streaming generation.

As for embellishing its coverage to appeal to a younger audience, he said: “We’ll see over time. We’re always looking at ways to make it better but the thing is the game. What you don’t want to do is come up with gimmicks, because that gets in the way of the game, the action itself. Our number one goal is to have high-quality production and great analysts.”

Prime has some excellent ones in Greg Rusedski and Daniela Hantuchova, alongside seasoned professionals in Nick Lester, Robbie Koenig and Arvind Parmar.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. July 2018 18:08 

Local Time:
Shiny happy people give Amazon decent start
Alex Lowe
June 19 2018, 12:01am,
The Times

Ahhhh, summer. My next door neighbour is mowing his lawn, the kids are whizzing up and down the street on their bikes and the tennis has started at the Queen’s Club; Pimm’s and gins and aces are being served in affluent west London. It means that Wimbledon and the Open Championship — those traditional landmarks of an English summer — are around the corner.

The tournament at Queen’s, now known as the Fever-Tree Championship, dates from 1884 but there is nothing traditional about tuning in to this year’s action because the event has taken a seismic leap into the future as the first to be broadcast live by Amazon Prime. It is a sign of things to come, of course, with Amazon having broken up the duopoly of Sky Sports and BT Sport by buying the rights to live-stream 20 Premier League football matches from 2019.

I am at an age where I cling on to an understanding of modern technology, but I have broken away from the constraints of television schedules for everything I watch other than live sport. My sons, aged five and seven, do not even realise there are television schedules.

It will become the norm to consume live sport online in years to come; new televisions come internet-ready with apps for iPlayer, Amazon, Netflix etc. It already is the norm in many parts of the world. Every Premier League game is available in the United States via NBC’s online portal, NFL matches are available on Twitter.

Optus, the Australian broadband supplier, has the rights to the Fifa World Cup but was widely criticised over the weekend after its feed was constantly interrupted. That has, in turn, raised fears in New Zealand that the same will happen during the Rugby World Cup, with the majority of matches being streamed by a company called Spark.

Optus said the problem was down to “an extremely high number of viewers logging into our platforms just before kick-off causing some systems to overload”. I can’t imagine Amazon Prime had the same issues for day one of Queen’s, even though it was plastered across the home page. The feed was clear and of high quality. Today will be more of a draw, particularly to the casual tennis fan, with Andy Murray returning to action after his hip operation and Novak Djokovic gracing the famous turf.

Speaking of which, we had an early pitch report from Arvind Parmar, the former British Davis Cup player, explaining how the grass at Queen’s Club differs from that at Wimbledon. FYI: it has a tighter knit at Queen’s, more like a carpet, whereas you can see through to the soil at Wimbledon. It means there is never duff bounce at Queen’s.

The level of insight provided by the commentary team and the studio-based pundits, Daniela Hantuchova and the ubiquitous smiler Greg Rusedski, was educational. Rusedski’s breakdown of Sam Querrey’s monster serve, and why it is so hard to read, was a different class to most of the World Cup punditry on the mainstream channels: “What a finish, Gary, what a finish.”

Hantuchova and Rusedski put in a shift of more than seven hours — the live coverage plus highlights show — in the sleek, American-style studio, furnished with an extraordinarily shiny desk emblazoned with the Prime logo.

The hosting duties were shared by Catherine Whitaker and Ross Dyer, neither of whom is a household name, but both know their tennis, which helped to lend an authority to the coverage. There was the odd clunky moment, mainly when trying to shoehorn in Amazon Prime references, but, all things considered, a decent first step into the future.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 4. July 2018 18:13 

Local Time:
Fair Play Menarini here who will be awarded in Castiglione Fiorentino

Rome, July 4, 2018 - Presented in Rome in Honor of CONI Salone, the XXII edition of the International Fair Play Prize-Menarini . In the home of Italian sport it was officially the program of 2018, but above all the winners of an issue that will culminate in the presentation ceremony on July 19 in Castiglione Fiorentino (Arezzo).

Among the protagonists of this edition, selected by an international jury, include, among others, former NBA champion Tony Kuckoc , Vanessa Ferrari , the first Italian gymnast to win a gold medal in a World Cup, Giovanni Trapattoni , l ' former rugby player Marco Bortolami and many others.

The International Fair Play Award was created in 1997 with the intent to raise awareness towards the great values of sport . Over the years the award was presented to important and significant personalities and sports institutions for initiatives and relevant behavior and high moral value, which bind to civil society sport.

For 6 years the Fair Play Prize as a traveling companion the pharmaceutical group Menarini who wanted to tie its brand and its mission in this important initiative, thus becoming Title Sponsor .

Say hello to the 22nd edition of the Prize CONI president Giovanni Malago .

"We are extremely excited to host this press conference, the presentation of an event so intense and prestigious - said the president of CONI, Giovanni Malago -. I was thinking about the number of this year, the twenty-second of Fair Play - Menarini Prize. They are really gone many years since the first time we have given our support to launch this initiative. It 's always impressive to see the value of the awarded each year are called to represent the excellence of the sport. It' an honor in my opinion not only receive but also give these awards to deserving athletes. my compliments to the Jury Prize for discovering true champions, Angelo Morelli and Chiara Fatai organizers and creators of the event ".

"We support with enthusiasm and conviction the Fair Play Award Menarini - said Ennio Troiano, Corporate Director of the Menarini Group Human Resources - an absolutely unique event in the global sports landscape. Reward samples that combine respect for the rules and ethics sports with the ability to excel in their disciplines, is one of confidence and hopeful message for all young athletes who are entering the world of sport ".

The winners of the XXII International Fair Play - Menarini Award are:

Stefan Holm, Fair Play

Giovanni Trapattoni , A Life for Sport

Tony Kukoc and Robert Korzeniowski , Characters myth

Elisa Santoni , Fair Play model of life

Antonio Di Gennaro and Massimo Rastelli , Careers in Fair Play
Xavier Jacobelli , Telling emotions

Karolina Kostner , Sport and Life

Serena Ortolani and Davide Mazzanti , Sport and Life

AS Cittadella , the social values of sport

Marco Bortolami , Sports Promotion

Daniela Hantuchova , fair play and solidarity

Vanessa Ferrari , Model for young people

Charlotte Kalla , Fair Play and environment

Arianna Fontana , Special Sustenium Energy and Heart Award

Marco Maria Dolfin , sport beyond sport

Noemi Biagini , Special Prize yellow flame "Study and sport"

@ google translate

Trapattoni, Santoni and Bortolami among the winners of the Fair Play Award XXII-Menarini

It 'was the CONI president Giovanni Malago to inaugurate the press conference presenting the Fair Play Award XXII-Menarini.
4 July 2018 12:45 | Posted in Sports , Other Sports

Presented in Rome in the Hall of Honor of Coni the XXII edition of the International Fair Play Prize-Menarini. In the home of Italian sport was officially the program of 2018 but above the winners of an issue that will culminate in the presentation ceremony on July 19 in Castiglione Fiorentino (Arezzo).
Among the protagonists of this edition selected by an international jury included among others former NBA champion Tony Kukoc, Vanessa Ferrari, the first Italian gymnast to win a gold medal in a World Cup, Giovanni Trapattoni, the former rugby player Marco Bortolami and many more.
The International Fair Play Award was created in 1997 with the intent to raise awareness towards the great values of sport. Over the years the award was presented to important and significant personalities and sports institutions for initiatives and relevant behavior and high moral value, which bind to civil society sport.

Say hello to the 22nd edition of the Prize CONI president Giovanni Malago .

"We are extremely excited to host this press conference, the presentation of an event so intense and prestigious - said the president of CONI, Giovanni Malago - I was reflecting on the number of this edition. The twenty-second of the Fair Play Award - Menarini. It is really been so many years since the first time we have given our support to launch this initiative. It 's always impressive to see the value of the awarded each year are called to represent the excellence of the sport. It 'an honor in my opinion not only receive but also give these awards to deserving athletes. My compliments to the Jury Prize for discovering true champions, Angelo Morelli and Chiara Fatai organizers and creators of the event ".
For 6 years the Fair Play Prize as a traveling companion the Menarini pharmaceutical group that wanted to link its brand and its mission in this important initiative, thus becoming Title Sponsor.

"We support with enthusiasm and conviction Fair Play Award Menarini - said Ennio Troiano, Corporate Director of the Menarini Group Human Resources - an absolutely unique event in the global sports landscape. Reward champions able to combine respect for the rules and ethics in sport with the ability to excel in their disciplines is one of confidence and hopeful message for all young athletes who are entering the world of sport. "
Everywhere this year also support Consultinvest SIM Spa, the Brokerage Company, Main Partner of the event.

"Being once again the main partner with solid continuity means maintaining our image next to an international event of the highest level and have the opportunity to reward important and significant personalities and national and international sports institutions."
The winners of the XXII International Fair Play Award - Menarini
Stefan Holm, Fair Play
Giovanni Trapattoni, A Life for Sport
Tony Kukoc and Robert Korzeniowski, Characters myth
Elisa Santoni, Fair Play model of life
Antonio Di Gennaro and Massimo Rastelli, Careers in Fair Play
Xavier Jacobelli, Telling emotions
Carolina Kostner, Sports and Life
Serena Ortolani and Davide Mazzanti, Sports and Life
AS Cittadella, the social values of sport
Marco Bortolami, Sports Promotion
Daniela Hantuchova, fair play and solidarity
Vanessa Ferrari, Model for young
Charlotte Kalla, Fair Play and environment
Arianna Fontana, special Sustenium Energy Prize and the heart
Marco Maria Dolfin, sport beyond sport
Noemi Biagini, special Prize yellow flame "Study and sport"

The program
July 17 - At 17 "Sport in Piazza". The park of Castiglione Fiorentino Presentini (Arezzo) will become an open-air gym with sports associations in the area who will compete in their disciplines. At 21 Foiano della Chiana appointment with the "Champions are told" where some winners will take part in a public meeting answering questions from their fans, signing autographs and intrattenessi with them.
July 18 - The morning will be dedicated to cultural visits while in Castiglione Fiorentino 19.30 an important event in Florence with the Gala Dinner offered by the Title Sponsor Menarini Piazzale Michelangelo with the participation of winners, testimonial and authorities and the press
July 19 - the Valdichiana Outlet Village will host all the players and guests of the International Fair Play Prize-Menarini. In the evening at 20.30 will turn the spotlight on the splendid scenery of the gallery by Giorgio Vasari in Town Hall Square in Castiglione Fiorentino for the awards ceremony that will be broadcast live on SportItalia, on channel 60 and 153 terrestrial and digital platform Sky channel 225.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. July 2018 15:47 

Local Time:
The new life of Daniela Hantuchova

Interview with the former no. 5 in the world, now commentator. "Difficult to make predictions about the women's tournament. Great balance". Coach Pistolesi? "One of the funniest people on the tour"

Laura Guidobaldi05/07/2018 8:13

Exactly one year ago, on the charming terrace at the All England Club overlooking the fields adjacent to Center Court, Daniela Hantuchova announcing his retirement . He is not playing the professional tennis player , Daniela began, to devote himself fully to his new career as a television commentator for the channel Fox Sports Asia . A year later, on that same terrace, we interviewed. Athlete dall'incedere particularly elegant, slender, blonde and with a refined face, the 35 year-old Slovak is still considered one of the most fascinating protagonists of the circuit. A long and distinguished career that the Slovakreaching the best ranking at no. 5 WTA. Hantuchova boasts seven seals on the bulletin board, including two titles in Indian Wells (2002, 2007). It hoisted in nine WTA final and semi-final at the Australian Open (2008). In 2002 in Fed Cup guide Slovakia to victory in the final against Spain Conchita Martinez. It also produces the career Grand Slam in mixed doubles , winning four trophies: Australian Open 2002 (with Kevin Ulliyet), Roland Garros 2005 (with Fabrice Santoro), Wimbledon 2001 (with Leos Friedi) and US Open 2005 (with M. Bhupathi). Dispute Slam three (the other two finals at the Australian Open and Roland Garros) in women's doubles, paired with Aratxa Sanchez and Sugiyama.

Tell us a bit 'of your new life as a tennis commentator.
It's a new experience and a lot more fun than I thought. It is indeed a new life and I can convey to people my experience as a player, so it is a good opportunity, I really like.

He is having been a player, how to prepare a match reporter?
In fact it is something pretty similar to when I played. And then I do not have as zero because Having lifted only for a year, I still know well almost all the players. When you play you have to be very familiar with his opponent, its characteristics; then of course I have to inform as commentator on all the statistics and many players at the same time. But it is said that what matters to the player's opponent, also to the public interest and vice versa.

What do you think of the current women's tennis?
I think women's tennis could not enjoy a better shape. We were talking the other day in the studio while we were making the odds for the possible quarter-final and, in fact, there are no discounted games and predictions are very difficult. This means that there is much balance in the field.

Halep won his first slam; Serena is coming back ...
It's great to see someone like Simona Halep be number 1 in the world and finally win his first Grand Slam, as also happened in Australia Caroline Wozniacki. They deserve so much and they are extraordinary people and athletes.

Claudio Pistolesi was your coach for a while. How was the experience with him?
With Claudio the thing I remember most is that he was always laughing. Is fantastic. Without taking anything away to his technical skills, when I think of him, what comes to mind are the big laughs and the fun we had working together. It is absolutely one of the funniest people on the circuit. Technically, a very important thing he told me was to go to the net more often and therefore vertical system of the game, because I was playing a lot in twice. Moreover, he insisted on the fact of being more aggressive cross hitting the very early close to the bottom line.

You are very active on social, places often very nice pictures. How did your interest in fashion?
Yes I like to talk a bit 'out of fashion, it's also fun because when you are busy with a career as an athlete are almost always dressed in a sporting manner, the clothing and accessories are mostly related to sport. Now I have more time to devote to this type of thing, and then, above all, I often go to Italy.

@ google translate

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 5. July 2018 15:52 

Local Time:
What a racket? 9 times tennis champs tried their hand at music

By Jeremy Allen
Monday 2nd July 2018

We've all heard of professional footballers side-hustling as pop singers for a one-off single or album, but what about tennis pros? Do they have a similar desire to perform novelty pop songs to augment their fame when they're at the top of their game? And how about after their career on the court is over?

If anything, the competitive tennis player is inculcated with a single-minded desire to win that's transferable, even to something as supposedly lighthearted as music. So, as Wimbledon begins, here are nine champs who have served up something musical...

Daniela Hantuchova

The scientific precision of the big serve requires a similar span of concentration to that of a classically trained concert pianist, and having studied piano between the ages of six and 14, Daniela Hantuchova is no pushover when tinkling the ivories. The Slovakian four-time mixed doubles Grand Slam winner showed off her extracurricular talents at an exhibition match in Bratislava in 2013, stepping up to a keyboard to hammer out everything from Beethoven's Für Elise to The Beatles' Yesterday via some Richard Clayderman. Hantuchova also speaks six languages.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. July 2018 16:26 

Local Time:
Kerber didn't want to play Goerges in Wimbledon final, says Hantuchova
JULY 14, 2018 10:40
by LUIGI GATTO | VIEW 933

Daniela Hantuchova shared an interesting thought on the women's semi-final matches. The 2002 Wimbledon quarter-finalist believes that the German Angelique Kerber, who defeated Jelena Ostapenko on Thursday, wanted to play the American Serena Williams and not her compatriot Julia Goerges so that she would remain in the spotlight in Germany.

'In your country, you want to be the star. She wants to play Serena because if she loses the match against Serena, she had a great tournament. If she loses to Goerges, not that great,' Hantuchova said on TV. After her loss to Williams, Goerges, who will crack the top-10 rankings again next week thanks to some amazing results in the last 12 months or so said: 'I definitely leave with a head up high, that's for sure, after the last five years here,' she said, referencing her five consecutive losses in the first round. 'I'm pretty proud of the way I managed to adapt to the grass, accept the grass.

I think today there was one ball which I really explained to me how I felt probably the last five years of not making the ball where it landed right next to me, and I was not able to hit that ball because it jumped somewhere else.

That really showed me that I just accepted how the situation is. At the same time, I think I deserve that spot here. I was waiting for it for a long time. Hopefully, I don't need to wait that long again to reach that stage again.'

Daniela knows.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. July 2018 12:58 

Local Time:
Daniela Hantuchová Shares Her Top 5 Favourite Exercises

July 24, 2018 By Namita Nayyar (WF Team)

In her first ever interview on Women Fitness the former World No 5-tennis player and Wimbledon quarter-finalist Daniela Hantuchová spoke about the significance of staying fit and shared her top 5 favourite exercises that are a part of her workout routine.

According to her tennis “Is the most beautiful sport in the world. You can play it all your life. It’s a very social sport, you get to meet wonderful people, you don’t have to be a professional to enjoy the game and it’s very classy.”

The game of tennis starts with strong legs and hips,” Gil Reyes, who helped Andre Agassi achieve his phenomenal conditioning says. “If you can’t get to the ball or you’re getting fatigued by the end of your first set, you’re done for.” Focus on multi-muscle moves like squats, leg presses and lunges to strengthen glutes, quads and hamstrings. Shoulder-conditioning moves are equally important like front and lateral raises, as well as core-strengthening drills for your lower back, obliques and abdominals.

1. Squats: Maintaining a neutral spine, stand with your feet slightly more than shoulder width apart as you extend your arms at your sides with weights. With your palms facing down and your hips relaxed, send them back as you bend your knees. As your bum sticks out, keep your back straight and face forward. Push up through your heels and engage your core as you return to standing. Repeat. Perform 3 sets of 12 rep.

2. Lunges: Stand tall with feet hip-width apart. Engage core. Take a big step forward with right leg and start to shift weight forward so heel hits the floor first. Lower body until right thigh is parallel to floor and right shin is vertical (it’s okay if knee shifts forward a little if it doesn’t go past right toe). If mobility allows, lightly tap left knee to ground while keeping weight in right heel. Press into right heel to drive back up to starting position. Repeat on the other side. Do with weights once you have mastered the exercise.

3. Physio Ball Curls: Lie with back on ground and heels on physio-ball. Keep your core and abs tight. Feel the muscles behind your legs work. Raise body off ground so that only upper back touches floor. Keeping body straight, roll ball towards you by pulling heels to butt. Slowly straighten legs and repeat. Do Sets/Reps: 3×8; & work up to 15 reps.

4. Sit Ups with Medicine Ball: Lie flat on your back with your knees bent to 90 degrees. Hold a medicine ball with both hands-on top of your chest. Keeping the medicine ball against your chest, tighten your stomach and use your abs to raise your shoulder and torso off the ground, crunching towards your knees. Pause, then slowly return to the starting position.

5. The Plank: Get in a press up position. Lower both your forearms to the ground so that both your elbows and fists are flat to the ground. Your palms should be balled up, and directly underneath your shoulders. Curl your toes under and engage your abs by tilting your pelvis and pulling your belly button toward your spine. Straighten your body but keep your neck and spine neutral (neither arched nor rounded). Flex your abdominals, squeeze your glutes, and never let your hips sag. Your body should be a single strong line from your head to your heels. Hold the plank position for 30 – 60 seconds, or until your form starts to deteriorate, whichever comes first. Rest and repeat for several sets. Feel the effort mainly in your abdominals and glutes, not your back.

Our bodies are stronger than we give them credit for.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 25. July 2018 13:06 

Local Time:
Former Tennis Star Daniela Hantuchová Talks About How She’s Keeping Healthy Post Retirement

July 23, 2018 By Namita Nayyar (WF Team)
Former World No.5 Daniela Hantuchova announced her retirement from the sport at the 2017 Wimbledon Championships, but her love for healthy living led her to develop the new D-one brand.

Women Fitness’ President Namita Nayyar had the wonderful chance to speak to the tennis star and now entrepreneur, Daniela Hantuchova about her inspirational journey in the world of tennis, health and nutrition.

NN: When were you first introduced to the world of tennis?
DH:I was 5 years old and was introduced to tennis by my grandmother who was a player herself.

NN:You aim to be a perfectionist, which can be taxing, both physically & mentally? Describe your coping skills?
DH:Thankfully, I had learnt years ago that there is no such thing as being perfect. We can certainly strive for perfection but we will never attain it because there is only one who is perfect and that is GOD. Once you realize that, things become much easier.

NN:Having won so many tournaments and championships & being No 5 in rankings, which victory do you think is closest to your heart?
DH:Winning the Fed cup title for Slovakia because that win was not just for me but for my country and teammates as well.

NN:Provide us with more input on D-one bars? Share their health benefits?
DH:The idea came to me while I was still playing on tour, as I was never able to find a REALLY healthy option to snack on while I was traveling. As tennis players, we’re constantly in planes and hotel rooms and even when you’re just having coffee with your team, there is no product that I knew of that is 100 percent healthy and has only the best and right ingredients. So I wanted to challenge myself and see if I was able to create a product that I can honestly say has only the purest and healthiest stuff in it.

As a base we use dates, as it is the fastest source of energy and something I have used during matches myself. Also I wanted to come up with a package size that is easy to carry in our bags whether we go to to the gym, work, trip or to a night out :D

NN:Your breakfast comprises of…
DH:Good Italian coffee, d-one (of course), greek yogurt with granola or avocado toast.

NN: Your biggest tennis inspiration?
DH: Miloslav Mecir, who won the Olympic games for my country in Seoul. It was in 1988, when I was 5 years old – it was the first time I saw tennis on tv and I immediately asked my parents if they could buy me a tennis racket so that I could go to the Olympics one day as well.

NN: In May 2017, you suffered a rib injury at Madrid Open which made you reconsider you tennis career. You are currently on the Wimbledon commentary panel for Fox Sports Asia. What routine keeps you fit & going?
DH:Since I have been super active all my life, it is easy for me to keep going after I have retired. I actually think it is a must for any retired professional athletes to take care of their bodies afterward because if we don’t, that’s where the problems start since our body is used to doing exercise all the time. The only difference now is that I get to do different types of workouts which I never had time for before as it was more tennis specific.

NN: 5 Favorite exercises that are a must in your workout routine.
DH: Squats are my favorite!!! That particular exercise covers so many muscles in your legs that if you do not have time for anything else that one is the best to do :D Not too heavy on the weights to start with, but nice and deep :D The other 4 would be lunges, physio ball curls, sit ups with medicine ball and the plank.

NN: What does Women Fitness mean to you?
DH: Respecting yourself as a woman by giving your body the right amount of exercise, the right amount of nutrition and also the right amount of positive thoughts :DI do strongly believe the beauty comes from within us so it is just as important to think right as it is to exercise :D and of course to love ourselves as we are :D

NN: Biggest challenges you faced after retiring from the sport?
DH: I gotta say there have not been many as I’m really enjoying my retirement :D

NN: How do you wish to help children through the Daniela Hantuchova Foundation?
DH: We are running various projects in slovakia to help children move and live a healthy lifestyle from a young age. It is also about teaching and educating the parents about the importance of sports and active lifestyle for their children. The other part we focus on is donating to hospitals that work with children.

NN: 5 things that are always in your gym bag?
DH: D-one bar, running shoes, headphones so that I can listen to my music while running, Thera band to do my shoulder exercises since I just had surgery so I still have to do rehab, yoga mat and a bottle of water.

NN: We know from your confession that you are a foodie. Share your 2 favourite indulgence?
DH: Pancakes and Real Italian gelato:)!!!!

NN: Which has been your best modelling experience?
DH: I have to say it would be my very first photo shoot, which happened to be for GQ. It was done in 2002 in San Diego and I also had my very first catwalk the same year in Dublin during a tennis exhibition. It was on a tennis court in front of a big crowd. I had no idea what to do, since this was my first time, but was super fun.

NN: Message for your 110K followers on Instagram?
DH: If you want to change the world for better, start with yourself…..give love and respect to yourself and everyone around you.

Women Fitness thanks Daniela and her team for helping create this incredible feature.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 14. August 2018 14:16 

Local Time:
Jimmy Connors, Jim Courier and Mark Petchey join Amazon’s US Open presenting line-up
Amazon Prime Video has exclusive streaming rights for the American tennis tournament

By Ben Allen
Tuesday, 14th August 2018 at 12:12 pm
Former tennis pros Jimmy Connors, Jim Courier and Mark Petchey have joined Amazon’s presenting line-up for the upcoming US Open.

They will work alongside existing presenters Greg Rusedski, Daniela Hantuchova and Catherine Whitaker for the tournament, which will stream exclusively on Prime Video from 27th August to 9th September.

Courier and Petchey join as expert panelists alongside Rusedski, Hantuchova and former British number one Annabel Croft, while Radio 5 Live sports reporter Whitaker will host with Radio 4 correspondent Karthi Gnanasegaram. Further commentary will be provided by Robbie Koenig, Nick Lester, Sam Smith, Arvind Parmar, Barry Cowan and Susan Thearle. Sky Sports Golf correspondent Anna Whiteley will act as on-site reporter in New York.

Prime’s multi-stream coverage will air between 4pm-4am BST each day throughout the duration of the tournament.

The US Open marks Amazon’s first major foray into live sports broadcasting. From next year, the streaming service will also have live Premier League football for the very first time, although Sky Sports and BT Sport still retain the lion’s share of the TV rights.

The US Open will stream live on Amazon from 27th August – 9th September.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 22. August 2018 16:34 

Local Time:
Women are leading sport commentary, says tennis star turned pundit Daniela Hantuchova
NAOMI ACKERMAN
5 hours ago

The battle of the sexes has shifted from the tennis court to the commentary box, according to retired player Daniela Hantuchova, who believes she’s winning the match for the ladies’ side.

The former world number five turned pundit said she relishes the chance to prove her male counterparts wrong, adding they are often “a little bit surprised” at how good her knowledge is.

Her comments come in a breakthrough year for female sports commentators, when Vicki Sparks became the first woman in the UK to provide commentary for a live televised World Cup match.

Slovakian star Hantuchova, who retired last year aged 34 after nearly two decades on the competitive circuit, began her commentary career this summer during the Queen’s Club and Wimbledon championships.

She told the Evening Standard that she took to commentating immediately. “I loved it right away,” she said. “I get to share my experience, I get to talk about something I’ve done all my life, and contribute hopefully, and get back to the sport that I love.

“I think sometimes the guys are a little bit surprised with my knowledge, to which I reply, ‘I’ve done this for a while, so I know what I’m talking about’.

“When I did Queen’s with [former British number one] Greg Rusedski and we picked our favourites before the tournament, I was right and he was wrong, so that was cool, to prove the point that women do understand men’s tennis.” From Monday, she will be among the experts providing coverage of the US Open for Amazon Prime.

"I think sometimes the guys are a little bit surprised with my knowledge. I know what I’m talking about"
Daniela Hantuchova

Hantuchova said women’s tennis is “at such a great point at the moment” and the sport is better than others on gender equality.

She said a huge debt of gratitude is owed to Billie Jean King , who fought for recognition and equal pay for the women’s game. It was King who took part in the Battle of the Sexes exhibition match in 1973 against former world number one Bobby Riggs, 55. King, then 29, won the match in three straight sets, in a victory that was seen as a breakthrough moment for the women’s game.

Hantuchova said: “Billie has done so much for women’s tennis. She has been fighting for equality ever since she created the tour. I think we are a little bit ahead because of the work done in the generations before us.

“Tennis is the leading women’s sport in the world. It is up to the next generation to keep the momentum going and to realise how lucky they are.”

As well as Sparks’s success in the football commentary box, ex-Arsenal and England defender Alex Scott and Juventus star Eni Aluko were mainstays for coverage of the World Cup in Russia.

However, Aluko faced “patronising” applause in the studio from former France captain Patrice Evra for her insights, while former Chelsea player Jason Cundy caused outrage for suggesting Sparks’s voice was “too high” for her role.

Golden Slam
PostPosted: 28. August 2018 16:29 

Local Time:
Daniela on Daily Telegraph tennis podcast:

Board index : English Forum (ENG) : Talk about Daniela

Go to page Previous  1 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 ... 75  Next